It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The incubator milk warmers of consciousness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The incubator milk warmers of consciousness

Lets imagine that Conscious is a fuel that sustains and runs our human cognitive engine that allows us the ability to touch the experiences of the world we live in; and in all its forms of expression and perception with the objects surrounding us.

Would it be realistic to think this system is self sustainable or is it bound by limitations like any other system by the availability to supply its fuel energy source.

If the universe has a boundary out there somewhere then it will likely be subject to the law of diminshing resource supply. In this case of the example above lets identify the diminishing resource as consciouness.

Lets be optomistic and assume that existance has built into it a way of managing scarcity of conscious resource.

What if, and this is a theory that the human vessel is like a incubator of consciousness. Our five sensors suck in the raw unprocessed consciousness and we collect it and process it into a more refined product.

After a while of course we the incubating milk bottle reach our brim and through the force of death feed the warm refined conciousness back to the growing universe. And through this cycle life and the universe as we know it keeps going on long after we are all dead.

Well this is a theory for a conttinually sustainable self replenshing Universe. Any takers on this?
edit on 20-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Am I a taker on this? I'm not even an understander of this. Please bear with me while I throw out some thoughts. They may not be organized, but gee, it's two in the morning, cut me some slack.

Lets imagine that Conscious is a fuel that sustains and runs our human cognitive engine that allows us the ability to touch the experiences of the world we live in; and in all its forms of expression and perception with the objects surrounding us.
OK, I'm with you so far.

Would it be realistic to think this system is self sustainable or is it bound by limitations like any other system by the availability to supply its fuel energy source.
I think the system is bound, not by a limitation of consciousness, but by the limitation of our bodies. A point comes when we can no longer "touch the experiences of the world we live in." Wait a minute, are you talking about the consciousness we lose when we're under anaesthesia, or the change our consciousness undergoes when we die?

If the universe has a boundary out there somewhere then it will likely be subject to the law of diminshing resource supply.
I don't know the law of diminishing resource supply. And I don't know why laws binding the physical universe should be binding on the consciousness (depending on which kind you're talking about).

In this case of the example above lets identify the diminishing resource as consciouness.
But I'm not sure it is diminishing.

Lets be optomistic and assume that existance has built into it a way of managing scarcity of conscious resource.

What if, and this is a theory that the human vessel is like a incubator of consciousness. Our five sensors suck in the raw unprocessed consciousness and we collect it and process it into a more refined product.

After a while of course we the incubating milk bottle reach our brim and through the force of death feed the warm refined conciousness back to the growing universe. And through this cycle life and the universe as we know it keeps going on long after we are all dead.
Sorry, I've thought about as much as I can right now.

Well this is a theory for a conttinually sustainable self replenshing Universe. Any takers on this?
Again, depending on the type of consciousness, I'm not sure it has an effect on the physical universe.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Dear AthlonSavage,

I have cigarettes, some wine and some time. I will kick the can with you. Basically you are arguing for a collapsing universe, the universe goes to it's extreme and cannot go beyond and then the combined gravity causes everything to collapse and return to it's original state to be reborn again. In physics there are/were many that believed this. You are saying the same thing except using consciousness rather than gravity. It is of course a possibility; but, I would like to try another.

What if we live in a continually expanding universe as now seems to be proven by physics. What if each new person added to the totality of consciousness thereby allowing it to continually expand in totality? We see new stars being born.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

What if we live in a continually expanding universe as now seems to be proven by physics. What if each new person added to the totality of consciousness thereby allowing it to continually expand in totality? We see new stars being born.

Yes i like this idea.

I was looking at my idea from the perspective of a bounded Eco system. Your idea is more like a fedral reserve which is able to print and produce more consiousness to meet the demand of the enlargening boundry.

Wow nice idea.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Dear AthlonSavage,

It actually comes from religious beliefs. There are many who believe that we are all one consciousness that are experiencing different realities and they believe that when we die, we return to the universal consciousness. Other religions, like Christianity, believe we retain our uniqueness; but, experience others on a different plane. Hindus would more in line with what you proposed, a rebirth until you have achieved perfection and then nothing.

I believe that we, humanity, are continually learning new things. We were told to go forth and multiply, to increase the totality of human consciousness. You don't have to be a Christian and I am not trying to convert anyone, I don't bother. I am merely attempting to say that this is one of the dividing points for many religions and belief sets.

What if the limit of our understanding was something that grew, we got to the end for that day, woke up and then learned more having adjusted to what we have already learned. You can only study and retain so much in a day. It is a lot harder to cram for a exam in a day then it is to study a little bit each day and you will retain more. What if consciousness was the same way?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

What if the limit of our understanding was something that grew, we got to the end for that day, woke up and then learned more having adjusted to what we have already learned. You can only study and retain so much in a day. It is a lot harder to cram for a exam in a day then it is to study a little bit each day and you will retain more. What if consciousness was the same way?

if it works like that its quite possible all galaxies grew from something the size of a atom. A atom to a insect, a insect to a dog, a dog to a human and so on and so on........until reaching the size of a galaxy

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

By using consciousness in this instance, are you referring to sense data?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

The senses are collectors of whats out there and flowing at the human body. Im inferring that whats flowing to the human body is a form of cousiousness. The senses collect it and funnel it inside the human body to every cell. Its then processed to be refined to a higher more palatable condition for release back to the universe.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

The senses are collectors of whats out there and flowing at the human body. Im inferring that whats flowing to the human body is a form of cousiousness. The senses collect it and funnel it inside the human body to every cell. Its then processed to be refined to a higher more palatable condition for release back to the universe.

Interesting thoughts. But it appears that nothing flows through the body in that form, except perhaps sense data and the usual suspects such as water, food, oxygen, nitrogen etc.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Dear AthlonSavage,

The "big bang" of consciousness. The bible says that God's name has meaning and is not just a sound, it says that he called himself "I Am" and that is when the universe began. To use a line from The Terminator, he became self aware. It also says that in the beginning was the word and the word was God and the word was with God. You ask a very fine metaphysical question and I return an unorthodox Christian response. I have a young relative who is a Philosophy graduate and he always presses me on these things, so he forces me to discuss religion from a metaphysical standpoint.

I am real, I exist, it is in fact the only thing that I can know for a fact. Sort of like in the movie the Matrix, our senses can be fooled; but, we cannot deny that we experience emotions. We did not create ourselves and there appears to be others who are also sentient or I am intentionally fooling myself that this reality exists. If I am all that exists then maybe I am attempting to fool myself into as many personalities as possible to ease the boredom; but, if that is true then why would I attempt to go back to nothingness? Therefore the only logical belief is to believe that there are others who also have self-awareness.

Now here is where it gets really trippy. What if we got to choose our heaven and hell. The bible says that there is only one unforgivable sin, we know what Satans sin was, he wanted to be God. Perhaps that is the unforgivable sin, only caring about ones self, wanting to be one's own God. What if we all get our wish, we can be our own God our be with others who are happy to not be God and care about one another. What if life was all about making that decision, about defining yourself and what you think about other's and their needs. And what if the only way to test that was by making those choices in the "real world" where you face consequences for your decisions and effect others and it effects how they respond to you?

I have a full time job and it is not with the church. I deal with many people in positions of power who tell me that in this situation or that situation they would do this or that and then the situation arises and they chicken out. You never really know who you are until you have been faced with the tough decisions and have withstood tough and painful responses. Our consciousness grows and we grow as we face harder and harder challenges.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I have a full time job and it is not with the church. I deal with many people in positions of power who tell me that in this situation or that situation they would do this or that and then the situation arises and they chicken out. You never really know who you are until you have been faced with the tough decisions and have withstood tough and painful responses. Our consciousness grows and we grow as we face harder and harder challenges

I work in same environment so can understand what you are saying. Id wish i could say more on this but cant because i dont want to giveaway what my job is.

Back to the idea of the word. Yes Satan wanted control over the word. I would say that Satan refers to the human ego. In that context then Satan truely has taken over the world and everyone even the new age movement.

What can we do...?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Back to the idea of the word. Yes Satan wanted control over the word. I would say that Satan refers to the human ego. In that context then Satan truely has taken over the world and everyone even the new age movement.

What can we do...?

Hope the madness we create gets to a point where we experience complete ego collapse due to the sheer insanity we inflict upon the world and our fellow man?

It could be possible this is a fail safe in a way, eventually if gone unchecked long enough the "ego" would create enough chaos to wake itself up.

Pure speculation on my part
time for bed!
edit on 20-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming

Hope the madness we create gets to a point where we experience complete ego collapse due to the sheer insanity we inflict upon the world and our fellow man?

If it takes a critical mass to cause a collapse event and the reset the human ego then mabey thats what we should be preparing for physically and mentally. The ego has gotten way out of hand and the new age leaders arnt immune either, its a weak spot of the human condition to succumb to seduction.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Dear AthlonSavage,

I work in same environment so can understand what you are saying. Id wish i could say more on this but cant because i dont want to giveaway what my job is. Back to the idea of the word. Yes Satan wanted control over the word. I would say that Satan refers to the human ego. In that context then Satan truely has taken over the world and everyone even the new age movement. What can we do...?

I believe Satan, angels and humans are all individual spirits. Satan is responsible for his decisions the same as you and I. I do not believe Satan is the human ego, I believe he is his own. We were given the choice between everlasting life or knowledge, we chose knowledge, that caused us to be apart from God, we became ourselves with our own personality and knowledge and consciousness. Satan did not take over the world, he was given control over it to test us. The story of Job makes this pretty clear. Satan says that if Job were challenged that he would curse God and he does not.

Here is something to consider, after Job has endured all, God speaks to him and Job asks God why he was tested and defends his past. God challenges Job and asks who he is to question God; but, Job is afraid to respond with the truth. Why do we have the right to question God? We have the right to question our existence because we do exist and we are challenged and it is okay to ask. Job did not ask because he was afraid, he was overwhelmed by the being of God because he had no place to put it into his head. The beginning of knowledge of God is fear, not because of him; but, because we are afraid of going to hell. Many teach that this is why we must do what we are told, out of fear; but, they miss the whole point of the New Testament. Jesus died for our sins so that we wouldn't find the need to be good out of fear, we are instead to do all things out of love and love has no selfishness.

While I haven't used the above example in my sermons (but, thanks I you made me think of it and I will make it the focus of my next one, whhhh, one down - it takes a lot to figure out what I will teach on all the time), I often use another. God talks to Abraham, Abraham only knows the pagan idol gods. God tells Abraham to sacrifice his son, Job takes his son and goes off to do it. At the last minute God tells him not to. He was trying to teach Abraham that he was not the type of God that was worshiped at the time (many religions sacrificed their children to their gods in those days). The God of Christianity did not want us to sacrifice our children, instead he sacrificed his own for us to free us from the sinful nature. We are sinful because we are not God; therefore we are imperfect and less than God.

That is basically me attempting to go back to your original question. My answer is ever expanding consciousness that would therefore have to accept it's own imperfection or it would become one again. Hell is becoming your own God, one mindset, one belief, one experience, limited; but, free to believe your own narcissism, that you are the best you know.

I have to thank you, you really got me thinking. I have to admit that one of the reasons I come to ATS is so that I can let our congregation know what questions others will ask. The head pastor hates ATS and I carry the questions forward to him. We don't always agree on the answers; but, we agree on what is critical. He also does not like metaphysics as a rule. I have only been preaching a little over a year and he was a missionary and worked with one of the most famous and from what I can tell decent preachers in the last hundred years for decades. I still manage to throw him a curve ball or two. Peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

We're all just a part of infinity, sticking out and existing into three-dimensional space. The observer needs something to observe.

Edit to add:
Is it wrong that when I read the title of this thread it made me crave warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk?

edit on 20-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by AwakeANDreaming

If it takes a critical mass to cause a collapse event and the reset the human ego then mabey thats what we should be preparing for physically and mentally. The ego has gotten way out of hand and the new age leaders arnt immune either, its a weak spot of the human condition to succumb to seduction.

I agree with you 100%. From personal experience a sudden collapse of the "ego" is not so fun for the unprepared human being. If the human race experienced a sudden "collective" ego collapse that could get scary pretty quick!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

We're all just a part of infinity, sticking out and existing into three-dimensional space. The observer needs something to observe.

Edit to add:
Is it wrong that when I read the title of this thread it made me crave warm chocolate chip cookies and cold milk?

edit on 20-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

LOL I was one laptop lid closing away from sleep and read "warm milk" and it made me think of sleep. Not sure why because warm milk just sounds gross to me.. Milk and cookies however

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Jesus died for our sins so that we wouldn't find the need to be good out of fear, we are instead to do all things out of love and love has no selfishness.

Thanks for the lengthy description of the role of Satan in context of Gods universe a individual entity and his nemphis.

I find it unusal i must admit that a traditional sermon Priest would read the Metaphysical and Philosophical threads here. Still if it provides a balancing force to your belief system and it works positively for constructing your church sermons then mabey its acceptable. Im not religous so i cant say one way or other if its good or bad.

Last point i would like to make is on this

Jesus died for our sins so that we wouldn't find the need to be good out of fear, we are instead to do all things out of love and love has no selfishness.

I now understand why Jesus died for our Sins...you are right although many people know this phrase how many know why. Kinda funny as humans how we are good at skipping over the small details, which can be the most important of all as if a person cant get the small details correct what hope do they have for understanding the bigger picture.

edit on 20-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I have never been a religious person honestly. However, I do emulate the teachings of Jesus everyday. Not because I believe he is my savior, or because if not I may go to hell. I do it simply because that is what happens naturally when I view the world and others from my heart. In my opinion his teachings have become something the real Jesus would not want his name associated with. Way to much judgement and projection of ones own fears onto others for my taste.

Please do not take offense to my words here, it was not an attack towards you or your beliefs at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

No a good incubator will have milk and cookies each day

top topics

<<   2 >>

join