Mysterious Object Caught on camera during an epic High Bar Basejump

page: 1
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hello ATS ,

This guy is attempting a high bar Base jump . A mysterious object is caught on camera before his bar collapses . What is your thought regarding this object ?




Original Pic




In Foto Forensic



Does anyone know any other way to analyze Pics ?




posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Any chance that's his shoe he's kicking off accidentally ...since the object closely follows the same size and shape as his other shoe and shows up right when he's on the upswing of his "epic" fail of a jump...right in the area where you'd guess a shoe might be if it was flying off his footp?

I'm going to assume this is a serious post. So yeah, that's my guess.

UFO shoe.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Look at the guy with glasses neck area at 20 seconds, a bug is flying around him.....

Its a Bug!!!.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's a bug. Ever been that far up a mountain? Lots of bugs up there. It even looks like a bug.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
Any chance that's his shoe he's kicking off accidentally ...since the object closely follows the same size and shape as his other shoe and shows up right when he's on the upswing of his "epic" fail of a jump...right in the area where you'd guess a shoe might be if it was flying off his footp?

I'm going to assume this is a serious post. So yeah, that's my guess.

UFO shoe.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)


LOL .. Now you said something i could have never thought about in my entire life
edit on 20-10-2012 by sTrE3tFigHt3r because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sTrE3tFigHt3r
 


Yeah, a bug... you can see it around the 0.18-0.20 mark, buzzing around the guys' head and neck in the foreground.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM
 


A high Speed Bug



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Look at the guy with glasses neck area at 20 seconds, a bug is flying around him.....Its a Bug!!!.

Agreed. For the few frames it's available, you can even see the wings. It's a fly, in fact.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sTrE3tFigHt3r
reply to post by AwakeinNM
 


A high Speed Bug


::facepalm::



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I missed it at first but after checking I have to agree that a bug is also a likely possibility. Between seconds 18-20 on the left side of the frame behind that pudgy dork's head.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Do you have footage of the guy who was going to jump? I bet that was pretty cool from his perspective...with the bar collapsing and all :-)



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
Do you have footage of the guy who was going to jump? I bet that was pretty cool from his perspective...with the bar collapsing and all :-)


No , I didn't find the footage but i found some information regarding this guy . He is a Surgeon Richard Henriksen From Norway .

edit on 20-10-2012 by sTrE3tFigHt3r because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Bugs are not that big, and he has both shoes on as he falls. Its sort of UFO looking, but one sure can't tell what it is. Its kind of bird sized. I'm so glad he is alive and his parachute opened.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its sort of UFO looking, but one sure can't tell what it is.


I disagree.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I don't know what it is. Bug is always a reasonable explanation and in this case doesn't quite convince me.

When the object shows up, it seems to appear rather than fly into view. This could be an outcome of frame-rate but the trajectory of its following movements are captured more-or-less clearly. Why not the arrival? To my eyes, it pops into view and then travels upwards and out of frame.

You'd expect the RAW footage to be a higher resolution and easier to really be accurate about the movement of the object. Yeah, it would probably be shown to be a bug of some sort, but from this video I'm not certain.

ETA - Thanks to the OP for being a newish member and posting a thread with vid and image uploaded. That makes you a better thread-maker than most veterans.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I don't know what it is. Bug is always a reasonable explanation and in this case doesn't quite convince me.

When the object shows up, it seems to appear rather than fly into view. This could be an outcome of frame-rate but the trajectory of its following movements are captured more-or-less clearly. Why not the arrival? To my eyes, it pops into view and then travels upwards and out of frame.

You'd expect the RAW footage to be a higher resolution and easier to really be accurate about the movement of the object. Yeah, it would probably be shown to be a bug of some sort, but from this video I'm not certain.

ETA - Thanks to the OP for being a newish member and posting a thread with vid and image uploaded. That makes you a better thread-maker than most veterans.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)


Thankyou so much . I am so happy



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sTrE3tFigHt3r
Hello ATS ,

This guy is attempting a high bar Base jump . A mysterious object is caught on camera before his bar collapses . What is your thought regarding this object ?




Original Pic




In Foto Forensic



Does anyone know any other way to analyze Pics ?


There's no need for any enhancement, it's just a bug! I would even guess it's a rod but at that close distance its wings would have been visible. It's just fast.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think its a bug.. But where the hell did that guy go??



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I see what the OP is talking about, but did anyone else see something fly up the right side of the frame at about the 17 second mark?
edit on 10/20/2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm just curious did the guy on the bar survive? That looked like a deep fall there. I don't think even he was expecting that. Geesh, those people are crazy, wouldn't catch me doing that.





top topics
 
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join