It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Object Caught on camera during an epic High Bar Basejump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Did he survive?

BASE jumper survives somersault stunt disaster in Norway

The adrenaline seeker narrowly missed hitting the craggy rock face but retained his composure in time to open his parachute and safely land.

"When this happened, I thought, he is going to die," he told reporters.

"It's the worst (event) I've experienced at work," he added.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sTrE3tFigHt3r

Is this a new Olympic event ? They need a crew that can secure a high bar to a mountain first of all. And here's a hint, it doesn't take a brain surgeon.

Kandinsky

Did he survive?

The fall or being a brain surgeon ?

edit on 20-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

I see what the OP is talking about, but did anyone else see something fly up the right side of the frame at about the 17 second mark?

Good catch. I'm surprised no one else mentioned it. Any ideas? I don't think that was a bug.

However, I can accept the initial object in question to be a bug. Although it did sort of just appear and fly up, but that could be a matter of perspective, I suppose.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Lurkenstein because: correction

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

looks like a fly

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps

Yeah, a bug... you can see it around the 0.18-0.20 mark, buzzing around the guys' head and neck in the foreground.

and it's out of focus because it is too close to the camera

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Bugs are not that big, and he has both shoes on as he falls. Its sort of UFO looking, but one sure can't tell what it is. Its kind of bird sized. I'm so glad he is alive and his parachute opened.

the lighter area in the top center of the fly is his wings and he is flying closer to the camera than the guy on the left so it is out of focus. why is everything else in focus?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

When the object shows up, it seems to appear rather than fly into view. This could be an outcome of frame-rate but the trajectory of its following movements are captured more-or-less clearly. Why not the arrival? To my eyes, it pops into view and then travels upwards and out of frame.

that's because it is very close to the camera

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Is this a new Olympic event ? They need a crew that can secure a high bar to a mountain first of all. And here's a hint, it doesn't take a brain surgeon.

Kandinsky

Did he survive?

The fall or being a brain surgeon ?

edit on 20-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

first rule of base jumping from a high bar.... USE A REAL FRIGGING HIGH BAR YA FRIGGIN IDIOT!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Judging by the jumpers spin, and that he apparently has both shoes on as the bar collapses, we can rule out that its his shoe. That the bug seen as it exits the frame in an upward arc leads me to belive that it is also not the the mystery object, leaving only one plausible option.
Gentelmen, its the bugs shoe...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lurkenstein

The only thing I can think of would be a bird of some kind. I don't know what birds are around there, but it might explain the other object that flickered in and out of the frame. Might just be a bird chasing bugs.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When the color is inverted , the image looks like this

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Mountains are in focus, jumper is in focus, flying thingie and man standing to the left are out of focus because they are too close to the camera and not in the 'depth of field' or same focal plane as the subject.
Bug.

But that stunt was out of this world.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
go frame by frame it looks like a bug.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Really fantastic. I saw at least 2 maybe 3 instances where I saw something that looked like an extraterrestrial craft. This is the second object. At least part of it. It is going behind the line. This isn't the main object. This is one that comes before it. I'll post other pictures of this rope to show there are no bulbous abscesses like we see here.
PIC #1

PIC #2
Just below the feet and just ABOVE the wire or rope is a faint cylindrical shaped object...it is the object in pic #1 that is shooting upward. And you see behind the rope - there is no bulbous abscess.

edit on 21-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
go frame by frame it looks like a bug.
'
One frame at a time, you look like a bug.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I hope I never see a 6 foot 2 slightly overweight bug

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sTrE3tFigHt3r

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
Do you have footage of the guy who was going to jump? I bet that was pretty cool from his perspective...with the bar collapsing and all :-)

No , I didn't find the footage but i found some information regarding this guy . He is a Surgeon Richard Henriksen From Norway .

edit on 20-10-2012 by sTrE3tFigHt3r because: (no reason given)

Does anyone know . . . what happened to him next?

Did he survive the collapse of the bar?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by newcovenant

I hope I never see a 6 foot 2 slightly overweight bug

There are 2 maybe 3 heavy "bugs" in this clip.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

There are 2 maybe 3 objects.

This deserves some investigation.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Bugs are not that big, and he has both shoes on as he falls. Its sort of UFO looking, but one sure can't tell what it is. Its kind of bird sized. I'm so glad he is alive and his parachute opened.

You know how object appear larger the closer they are?

yeah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join