It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failed Green Energy workers playing Cards all day long

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

And failed "black energy" workers are dead.

Coal mine collapses and oil rig explosions and nuclear reactor meltdown.

You do see a big difference between playing cards and dead don't you?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
the only thing you can fault obama is for not putting them in jail.

if a company makes bold claims that are good for america and the economy, they have to deliver.

it looks like the ceo's and investors made off like bandits with hundreds of millions of dollars and had no intention of doing any work.

maybe obama doesn't want to poke the hornets nest and let on he was hoodwinked and swindled by prosecuting them and taking all the blame for their theft.

the alternative is he colluded with these people or is paying back political favors, but had no idea they'll actually rob him in his face.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is exactly what happens when you introduce the parasitic Marxist theory into a free market system.

You steal from successful businesses (and the most from the most successful) who's existence is based on economics 101 supply and demand and funnel that money into a centrally planned system that is based on production for productions sake...Just so the workers can get paid....even if there isnt a demand fro your crappy product.

The company then runs years of deficits and then the government that gave them the money to start up them bails them out. And we all know where that leads...

edit on 20-10-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the only thing you can fault obama is for not putting them in jail.

if a company makes bold claims that are good for america and the economy, they have to deliver.

it looks like the ceo's and investors made off like bandits with hundreds of millions of dollars and had no intention of doing any work.

maybe obama doesn't want to poke the hornets nest and let on he was hoodwinked and swindled by prosecuting them and taking all the blame for their theft.

the alternative is he colluded with these people or is paying back political favors, but had no idea they'll actually rob him in his face.

By your reasoning we'd have to put Obama in jail for claiming that he was going to be good for the economy now wouldnt we?

Is the planet healed yet? Did he deliver? Quite the contrary....
edit on 20-10-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

How can anyone, with a bit of an IQ even consider putting this man back in office again? Please, explain it to me.

i'm thinkin' that the Diebold corporation will make the appropriate choice for us.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is anyone else receiving constant 404 errors when trying to access any page on ATS currently, or even post replies? This is my twentieth or so attempt. Thanks.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Is anyone else receiving constant 404 errors when trying to access any page on ATS currently, or even post replies? This is my twentieth or so attempt. Thanks.

Peace.
I have been. I just managed to get this thread to come up by hitting a link to it from.... Facebook.
What's up with that?

ETA: I just pressed 'my ATS' after posting and got a 404 again.
edit on 20-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
But here people, YOU can apply for a job:

lgcmi-careers.applicantstack.com...

Thanks for the more details from your post above this one.

I can still apply for a job with them. Wonderful news. I am well versed in Hearts, Spades, Go Fish and Poker.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

Peace.

I'm getting 404's and "503 Service Unavailable No server is available to handle this request" errors. It catches after refreshing the page a bunch of times. seems ATS is broken somehow.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

And failed "black energy" workers are dead.

Coal mine collapses and oil rig explosions and nuclear reactor meltdown.

You do see a big difference between playing cards and dead don't you?

So........according to your analogy, we should spend a trillion dollars to save 20 lives a year?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I was getting those too John, but now that I've finally got in it seems cleared up for me.

As for the thread, Playing cards all day seems like a job I could handle, well, if the pay was good

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
As usual government does not know how the heck to do something.

If they want green energy how about they give me some of that 150 million to buy the equipment needed to take my home off the grid.

Kinda like the whole bank bail out crap .... give people the bail out..

jeebus

sad thing is that someone like romney would do the same exact thing. GIve money to the people who do not deserve it, and never to you the 9-5 mfer who pays their taxes and knocks out that rent every month. It is either to the super rich or the super lazy...
edit on 20-10-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

These technologies are too expensive for the MAJORITY. The Minority has no chance of participating, so what's the point?

So, you can afford a great vehicle, but not 30K for solar panels(roof)?

I would have no problem what so ever driving a Tesla...believe me. I was on the waiting list for a roadster, until they increased the prices from 80K to over 120K.

Priorities. Precedence, especially established by order of importance or urgency. That's all it is.

Green energy can pay for itself over time.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

These technologies are too expensive for the MAJORITY. The Minority has no chance of participating, so what's the point?

So, you can afford a great vehicle, but not 30K for solar panels(roof)?

I would have no problem what so ever driving a Tesla...believe me. I was on the waiting list for a roadster, until they increased the prices from 80K to over 120K.

Priorities. Precedence, especially established by order of importance or urgency. That's all it is.

Green energy can pay for itself over time.

Yeah but the initial investment is bitch and the breaking point where it pays for itself is far out there. If you are not planning on staying in one home till it pays for itself it is not worth it. A 30k loan to move in the next two years maybe three... take it with you maybe?? what if you need to upgrade because you got a bigger home, you need to invest more then what?? the time it takes for it to pay for itself gets increase?? so how long are you going to be in the hole till your green energy provides you with enough energy for it to pay for itself??

Heck even cash it is not that cost effective. I was faced with either sinking money into green energy for my home OR finish paying off my house. I just payed off my house.

If green energy was as accessible and great as you make it out to be then why do not enough people do it?? because it isn't as practical for everyone as you make it sound.

Do you even know how back up systems work when you are off commercial power?? i can tell you how long some industrial batteries can last and it is not as long as you think. Not to mention the maintenance on them. You would not only need to pay to install them but you would also need to learn how to maintain them and deal with the problems that comes with them... its not just a monetary investment it is one where you have to educate yourself.

unless you think all you need to do is put a solar panel on your roof and then connect it directly into your breaker box. if you do then yeah you are correct, if you can buy a 30k car you can get green energy.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Wait, lets get one thing straight.

Is it obama's job to make sure those companies use that money "wisely"?

As in, is it obamas job to make sure they had business or contracts with other businesses to do work?

From my understanding, he allocated money for green technology.

companies signed up to take part in that program and received money.

Was obama also supposed to act as the middleman between various businesses to ensure these companies had work to do?

Or is that the responsibility of the business owner who received the aid?

I really do not think obama can force one business to purchase service from another business.

He can try and make a conducive environment, which he did by allocating money for this, and maybe offering tax breaks for companies that purchase green technology.

It is up to the business world whether or not the companies in question will receive work.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

How much more do we Americans need to endure with this failure of a President? Nearly 1 TRILLION dollars wasted on Green Energy projects, most of which are now belly up and bankrupt. And to boot, these employees at this plant had no work and nothing to do.

I am completely sick and disgusted after reading this article. You should be too.

I am pretty sure that the Obama administration used a technique to cause SO much chaos all at once that we had no choice but to swallow it. SICKENING!

www.theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Now, don't get me wrong I'm simply stating what I'm about to state for the sake of debate.

Isn't the entire purpose of clean, more efficient energy systems supposed to be less environmental impact, as well as a more efficient system?

One would think working at a plant where solar or wind power is the main source of energy would leave very little for the common employee to do. I mean, how much maintenance/monitoring does a solar panel need?

I'm focusing more on the solar aspect here, as many of those companies listed, sound like solar energy solutions.

Heck, there have been quite a few space probes, satellites and missions that have relied heavily on solar power for the very reason they are reliable, and require very little to no maintenance and monitoring.

I'm just saying, don't get mad at your pres for investing money in a good idea. Solar energy is a great idea, however it is not very profitable nor does it provide jobs.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

Wait, lets get one thing straight.

Is it obama's job to make sure those companies use that money "wisely"?

That's why green energy, housing, medical, and farming need to be government run. These things must be available to all as a right. BTW, I'm not saying it should be illegal to compete with the government in those areas.

I wasn't going to vote for either candidate. I then was told that if I don't, I can't vote for ANY of the issues on the ballot. So, I'm voting for Obama. He seems to tick off the people who bother me.

Also, the character Romney has created makes me more queasy than the Obama character.
edit on 20-10-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

I have to say, I'm not entirely agreeing with you on the green energy being entirely in the hands of the government but I'm willing to put my two cents on a huge part of this green energy projects downfall was covering the wages of it's employees. Solar energy doesn't require a large staff, and from the sounds of it these companies were trying to employ to many people. I mean really, how many people does it take to maintain a solar array? Outside of line, and service calls/repairs what use are the employees? Aren't local power lines maintained by the state anyways? Sorry, I'm not a US resident so I don't know these things, but solar panels are used world wide as effective energy solutions, I find it hard to understand how the project would fail, outside of it not being good economically speaking.

Solar panels, eliminate jobs. That's about the only reason I can see a project such as this failing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
I have to say, I'm not entirely agreeing with you on the green energy being entirely in the hands of the government

Originally posted by gentledissident
BTW, I'm not saying it should be illegal to compete with the government in those areas.

I usually have to restate this, as people are quick to label me an "evil communist".

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

I absolutely agree, I feel that the government should provide the people with what they need. That is what we have them for isn't it? I believe 100% in free health, dental, energy, heck I'll even go as far as to say all the basic needs of a nation should be provided by the government, and I do believe it is entirely possible.

I do not however feel that green energy should be in the hands of the current government, it will almost certainly fail every time as it is not profitable enough for their greed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join