It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moonlight burn the skin in the night like the Sun in daylight.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

"Moon" Burn...Chili..

Seriously though OP, there is no way your friend is getting burned by the moon. I think he's seeing how far he can push a joke.
edit on 17-10-2012 by DAVID64 because: error

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

. And what is a summer that is never ending? There is never going to be a summer that never ends
A place where you cannot meet the winter, because,

The future is now.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There is an old tale about swinging a black cat around your head 3 times under a full moon to ward off evil spirits. Perhaps these were evil moon rays! I am not recommending trying this but when there is dark magic around you should try to protect yourself with your own Gris-gris to counteract it!

That or he is making it all up...you decide or look up "Moon Rays".
edit on 17-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Seriously though OP, there is no way your friend is getting burned by the moon
I guess it depending on the time of exposure.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Mate, what all of us are trying to say is: please, stop speculating on this topic... You're making a fool of yourself!

Don't take that as an offense, but as an advice. I'm sure that's what all the other folks wanted to tell you.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by scarybear

Mate, what all of us are trying to say is: please, stop speculating on this topic... You're making a fool of yourself!
I know what you are saying but you see... sometimes the Truth is silent...very silent.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

I know what you are saying but you see... sometimes the Truth is silent...very silent.

Well if you could possibly turn the volume up for others to hear that would be much appreciated

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

To the naysayers .. the moon does emit its own thermal radiation due to having a molton liquid outer core zone and the solid inner core may be composed of heavy radioactive elements just like in earths core.

I have my own ideas on Stella albedo ...

Light reflection upon the sun and stars! Stellar albedo??? (by OmegaLogos posted on 20-12-2009 @ 12:12 AM) [ATS]

Furthermore some people are very light sensitive and I myself have had my own skin photo sensitivity complicated by taking Olanzapine medication for my mental health well being.

Adverse reactions
[redacted by OL as unrequired data]
Skin: ecchymosis, photosensitivity

Photosensitivity: Human medicine [wiki]

Human medicine
Main article: Photosensitivity in humans
See also: phototoxicity

Sensitivity of the skin to a light source can take various forms. People with particular skin types are more sensitive to sunburn. Particular medications make the skin more sensitive to sunlight; these include most of the tetracycline antibiotics, heart drugs amiodarone, and sulfonamides. Particular conditions lead to increased light sensitivity. Patients with systemic lupus erythematosus experience skin symptoms after sunlight exposure; some types of porphyria are aggravated by sunlight. A rare hereditary condition xeroderma pigmentosum (a defect in DNA repair) is thought to increase the risk of UV-light-exposure-related cancer by increasing photosensitivity.

Personal Disclosure: At the worst of times ... sitting in my office in middle of the night with the house lights off and the only illumination was a dell crt monitor displaying a very darkened ATS ... MADE MY FACE FEEL LIKE IT WAS IN AN OVEN!
[ I am no longer taking this medication ]

So may I suggest that your friend may have consumed something [knowingly or not] that made them temporarily highly photosensitive?

Or could they just be naturally suseptable and highly photo sensitive?

I shall further investigate this 777 891 km distance but I need clarity on whether that is measured from the center of the earth or from sea level at the earths surface?

Great skunk works thread thanks. I, OL, endorse this thread!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

To the naysayers .. the moon does emit its own thermal radiation due to having a molton liquid outer core zone and the solid inner core may be composed of heavy radioactive elements just like in earths core.

So the Earth should burn us, too. Especially because we are so close to it.

If you know the way energy radiating from a sphere is dissipated in function of the distance, you'd realize the tremendous amounts of energy the Moon would have to be releasing to go through our magnetic field, atmosphere and still have a sensible impact on us.

I can recall only barely the subject, but I'll do some research and post it here to you.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No I absolutely dont think that you can get tanned from the Moon. Being sensitive to moonlight, most likely, with certain meds or ailments....quite possible.

I am suspicious however, after looking at your wedding thread...with the music and your style of writing. I think I've seen you here before, as an earlier reincarnation of your present self.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Urbanshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Explanation: I did not state that the thermal emissions from originating from the lunar core would burn anybody.

I simply showed that the carte blanche naysaying that the moon does not emit light was WRONG!

However since it is far more likely that it is albedo related [ie reflected sunlight] I propose that it may have been a day of high UV on the other side of the planet and that may indicate a high level of UV generally and that UV may have been reflected off of the moon, in large enough quantities, that they may have reasonably registered that.

Personal Disclosure: We certainly notice the difference in amounts of light reaching the earths surface when comparing the nightsky during the full and new moons of the lunar cycle.

If it's registered by our eyes it can certainly be registered by the huge surface area of or skin which is also photosensitive.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Where is this going? Tell your friend to see their doctor and solve the problem. A forum to whom you explain his/her issues via a third party in dribs and drabs won't do anything for you except get two pages of attention. Good night!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
While out walking his dog in the park on a hot summer night he felt the rays of the moon burning his skin like the sun during the day.

sounds more like sunburn that still feels hot later in the night.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Could this be related to the US school bus occupants that caught a bad case of sunburn IN WINTER a few years ago?

I heard there are holes in our atmosphere, these could be letting in cosmic rays of a certain wavelength that is causing a reaction in this man's skin.

I know that if you eat more tomatoes, or pizza topping, you can build up the body's protection against UV rays.
So maybe this man is also light sensitive due to less of this chemical (which I have temporarily forgotten, damn old age 40odd. LOL).

These holes I believe are causing the anomalous Gamma, Beta and Neutron radiation readings around the world, by letting the rays in.
The holes were also mentioned in a prophecy by a Native US Indian. I found this on Metatech.org; Grandad's prophecy or something like that.

Again lack of science is letting the ATS members down again. And thinking outside the box is also a lost art form, it seem.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

I thought he was talking about being burned by the moon...

If there's other stuff involved, it might make sense. But then, it wouldn't happen only at night, I suppose...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Well if you could possibly turn the volume up for others to hear that would be much appreciated
I will try to as time will be allowed to do so and if and only if other things will happen depending on others...they know what, when and where.

because

Time is running out and we are running out of time.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Moon burns Eh!!!

Maybe I should invent Moon Block Cream
I bet It'll all be sold in a flash...(pun intended)

Im no scientist but I just dont think this is possible.

Teye22

edit on 19-10-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If there is any truth in this story whatsoever, then I'd say it is a case of your friend going out in the sun in the day and getting sunburnt. You often don't feel it until your skin cools down later on.

If the moon really can give you 'moonburn' then I'm gonna start selling modified fake chinese Raybans and call them Moonban. I bet I could make a killing.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

THATS A BAZZINGER

He must be watching The Big Bang Theory ,That sheldon makes me laugh

On topic i used to stay up all night and stay outside a lot and never got moon burnt.

edit on 19/10/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

So may I suggest that your friend may have consumed something [knowingly or not] that made them temporarily highly photosensitive?

Or could they just be naturally suseptable and highly photo sensitive?

I shall further investigate this 777 891 km distance but I need clarity on whether that is measured from the center of the earth or from sea level at the earths surface?

Great skunk works thread thanks. I, OL, endorse this thread!
Thank you Omega,sorry he is not susceptible to be highly photo sensitive and about that distance maybe an object or a cloud of unknown radiation of unknown type can somehow influence the way the Moon are behaving and of course only if he is positioned somewhere at that distance behind the moon...on the dark side!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join