It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Rigged And Set Up!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I dont know who else has noticed but every question has been on a que card so far as if they have been handed out, because if i was going to the PD with a question, i would have it MEMORIZED!!!!? no? just me?

pfft.....

and listen to their rebuttal, freak you can hear their 2 days of practise
edit on 16-10-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: only a question mark on the MEMORIZED didn't sound right

edit on 10/16/2012 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

The audience is carefully selected by Gallup. Each member submits questions for approval. The moderator then selects which questions are read. I'd hardly call that rigged.

Long Island Press
edit on 10/16/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE

The audience is carefully selected by Gallop. Each member submits questions for approval. The moderator then selects which questions are read. I'd hardly call that rigged.

i hope your last sentence was a joke

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I think President Obama is doing better is this debate; than the last one.

As for the debate being rigged; I really don't think that it is.

Also...each candidate does practice ahead of time; on what answers he will give regarding the issues. I think it is good to be prepared ahead of time; I really don't see anything wrong that.

edit on 16-10-2012 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I very much believe that it is ALL theater, including the "debates." I agree that this particular round is sounding very rehearsed especially. It's almost comical if it weren't so sad.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I work in live television production, and have specifically worked on several presidential and candidate town hall forums during the 2008 elections (Obama, Edwards, Paul, Huckabee, McCain) and more recently a midterm Obama Town Hall in 2010.... These things are actually pretty legit believe it or not.

Would you feel it's less "rigged" if they did memorize their questions?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They need to have the questions written down so the ppl asking dont stumble. Sorry, but when your in the room with the current and future potus, your going to get nervous, and forget your name..human nature.

As far as gallup filtering questions...you want to have 10 questions about his view on Nicki Minaj V Mariah Carey?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
They need to have the questions written down so the ppl asking dont stumble. Sorry, but when your in the room with the current and future potus, your going to get nervous, and forget your name..human nature.

As far as gallup filtering questions...you want to have 10 questions about his view on Nicki Minaj V Mariah Carey?

thank you for further explaining my logic :-)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
the guy who said he doesn't feel as much hope as he did in 2012 should tell you what you need to know

they are nervous regular people addressing the potus on live tv

they need cards

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

dont kid yourself, someone in public school can memorize their own question, let alone need a "QUE CARD"

whey not a piece of paper? sticky pad? iphone? blackberry?

because they've been handed out on cue card, selected questions that they have agreed on says the reply from the first user.

if you ask me thats as rigged as it gets, they selected the questions that they two candidates have practiced answering

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

again, everyone just thought to right their questions down on the same colored que cards? nooo, they have been handed out, think about it

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE

I work in live television production, and have specifically worked on several presidential and candidate town hall forums during the 2008 elections (Obama, Edwards, Paul, Huckabee, McCain) and more recently a midterm Obama Town Hall in 2010.... These things are actually pretty legit believe it or not.

Would you feel it's less "rigged" if they did memorize their questions?

yeah but what do you actually do, my buddy builds movie sets for a living, its not like he knows everything about the movie, he just knows everything about the sets

what do you do

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the guy who said he doesn't feel as much hope as he did in 2012 should tell you what you need to know

they are nervous regular people addressing the potus on live tv

they need cards

Agreed.

Yeah, pretty much a ridiculous thing to say they are plants, rigged, etc. Someone else already answered that they submitted the questions, and of course to formalize everything, they were put on the cards to distribute among the town hall attendees in case their question was picked to be answered.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

didn't know i had to submit my resume to make a valid argument!

since you asked nicely, on those particular shows, which were for a major television network, i was a segment producer... who worked with scripts, formats, show flow, you name it.

i'm not the guy painted the logos on the walls.

EDIT: (adding this) additionally, on the 2010 show, my assignment was to deal specifically with casting the audience to ensure a diverse, unbiased and intelligent group. A LOT of thought and planning goes into the casting process and which questions are vetted because the pundits are indeed very critical. as a producer of this kind of event, it's key to be neutral, balanced, diverse and transparent. all of which they are doing tonight
edit on 10/16/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So, I guess that Obama is Winning this Debate?? How convenient.....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
yet again, another question, same que card
they've been handed out
picked questions thats they have been practicing

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

LOL dude, c'mon really? what's the the cue card obsession? you think the producers are gonna let each person bring their questions from home on their own choice of card stock? "John brought a torn yellow notebook sheet with black marker", "susie wrote her question on the back of her receipt from the grocery store"

it's called aesthetic consistency my friend.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

again, everyone just thought to right their questions down on the same colored que cards? nooo, they have been handed out, think about it

Yes...verses some people using napkins, some using paper with logos of some business on it, etc.

These things are indeed controlled of course to not cause outside disruptions..hell, the questions are probably officially printed out after being chosen..maybe with little emblems and all sorts on it.

But anyhow, its good to keep your eyes open..but well, the questions are pretty relevant and legit. this has been a good and strong debate by both, so there appears to be no bias.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

The audience is carefully selected by Gallup. Each member submits questions for approval. The moderator then selects which questions are read. I'd hardly call that rigged.

Yeah, it's just a matter of what gets approved and nothing gets approved that doesn't meet the official agenda. What kind of choice is it when the questions are carefully chosen. I'm sure that Candy was told what kind of questions to avoid choosing.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
"Um, Mr. Producer, we just received a call from one of the aides at the White House...apparently we're being asked to forward the selected debate questions for tonight to the White House speech writers - they said it's in the interest of national security"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join