It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, Right Wingers are calling it a draw almost across the board.

Which means Obama won.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!

The experts all agreed that NO MATTER what the outcome of this debate was, the republicans will say either
(a) Romney won

(b) There was a tie

Well, guess what? Just about everyone agreed that Obama knocked Romney's wig off his head! It was a massive score for Obama.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm watching this from youtube and the commentator just said "obama drank his honey boo boo juice today"

what is this world coming too? :'(

link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Who says only "Right Wingers" are?

link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Which means Obama won.

ahahaha, was just going to say the same thing

They will NEVER admit a loss

link   
Brit Hume just said Obama will be declared the winner.

That's Fox News people, doesn't get much definite than that. When Fox News concedes Obama will be declared the winner, it's pretty much an arse whopping from Obama.

link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Ok, so I haven't watched yet (DVR, just going to be free to watch in a bit here), but the debates are the only point at which I pay attention to the "campaign" for presidential "elections.". That said, I was surprised by the ridiculously bad Obama performance in the first debate, and juat as surprised by Romney's really good performance. I know there are those on the so-called "right" who think Obama is the first president who ever used a teleprompter for a speech, and thus without a teleprompter he can barely speak, but those are just the people who weren't around in 2008 for the debates.

Like the OP though, after the first, I've been thinking the 2nd will go to Obama, and the 3rd (a draw) < edited that, I brain farted when I initially wrote it and said Romney). Despite my cynicism of it not mattering in the grand scheme of things who wins (and my very realistic view that Congress matters far more than the president - well, matched control of both houses plus the presidency if you want to get anything done these days with all the "right / left" imbiciles), I'm interested in how the process plays out more in the same way I'm interested in a football game in which "my team" isn't playing. Seeing how it all shakes out...hearing the things the bottom 90% intelligent among us say, and how easily they are manipulated by these idiots, etc. The hypocrisy of it all is, while disgusting, almost comedic.

Republicans claim to be conservative while spending like drunken sailors foe the past 32 years and wanting to dictate how people live their lives. Democrats claim to be the party of peace while continuing and expanding useless wars, and claim to be the party of the middle class while helping to expand Republican job outsourcing measures. And yet...and yet, the majority of the people believe it. Not because they've given up hope that it will ever change. No, they ACTUALLY believe their guy is the good guy and the other guy is Satan Incarnate (or a Kenyan Muslim, or a Mormon Pedophile, or whatever the name-calling fantasy of the extemists may be in any given election.

So to that, I say, "Play Ball", and may the man most likely to come to his senses and rebel against his puppetmasters fast enough and loud enough to accomplish something useful before the puppetmasters assassinate him win!
edit on 10/16/2012 by dogstar23 because: found a couple mistakes in what I and my crappy touchscreen wrote

link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!

The experts all agreed that NO MATTER what the outcome of this debate was, the republicans will say either
(a) Romney won

(b) There was a tie

Well, guess what? Just about everyone agreed that Obama knocked Romney's wig off his head! It was a massive score for Obama.

Who's 'everyone'?

Stats and links please.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Which means Obama won.

A draw means a draw Obama did not "knock it out of the park".

Fringe support for either candidate is set what is not set is undecideds, and independents.

That is where people need to see.

link   
The President looked much, much sharper this time around and was successful in making the subtle distinctions and the not so subtle distinctions between his policies and those of Mr. Romney. I think the differences between them as people also came through. Most people are not upper middle and wealthy. Mr. Obama made it clear that that he is like most people, at least in economic backround. I think that point is an important one.

Mr. Romney is an excellent candidate but I would give the edge to the President at this meeting.

link   
Decent debate, from an entertainment standpoint. Some good points made by both, along with some sparkly platitudes and a nice helping of bs.

However, I saw nothing that convinced me, in good conscience, to cast a vote for either one of these fellas. Just more of the same.

link   

That's Fox News people, doesn't get much definite than that. When Fox News concedes Obama will be declared the winner, it's pretty much an arse whopping from Obama.

Fox news Lies!

link   
reply to post by neo96

Sorry, I understand what you mean now. I think instead of looking at gun owners, they should be looking at gunsmiths and criminal activities

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I got distracted and didn't get to watch. But I DVR'd it and will watch tomorrow

link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by buster2010

Gawd criminals do not follow the law!

You can not legislate behavior.

Automatic weapons are fully legal as class 3 firearms!

Geez neither one has got a clue.

You have to have a license to own a automatic weapon. But to the general public it is illegal to own one.

No you dont you pay a 200 tax stamp, and pass a BATF background check.

It's called a class 3 license not stamp.

link   
Obama Lie:

this was confirmed (falsely) by the moderator. both Obama and the moderator claimed that Obama had referred to Benghazi as a "terrorist attack" on September 12th.

Obama's comments were as follows:

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

Nowhere in his speech did he refer to a terrorist attack.

...and I'm a little concerned that the moderator falsely supported Obama on this. Not cool!

source: ForexTV

link   
Jaellma & HostileApostle:

This debate will not change anything, same talking points by Obama. Polls won't shift, sorry guys.

link   
Romney was rude to the moderator.

Romney was rude to Obama.

Romney ignored the voters at time and tried to directly attack Obama.

Romney was called out on having his facts wrong by the moderator.

Romney didn't answer one question with specifics.

Not only did Obama do great, but Romney imploded.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
Jaellma & HostileApostle:

This debate will not change anything, same talking points by Obama. Polls won't shift, sorry guys.

Wishful thinking.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Fox news Lies!

FOX lies? The "fair and balanced" channel lies? Say it isn't so.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join