It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

Easy, the bar has been dropped (socially). We need to stop celebrating unhealthy living and trashy "reality" television.

This debate was not a draw. I can tell you that Obama won it. That's cool if people say, "Draw," because the impartial know better.

Highlight of the night: Women need to get home in time to get back in the kitchen.
(Hyperbole, but it is more or less accurate)
edit on 16-10-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Awen24

Candy point blank lied about that...and she knew it too....I watched it at least 20 times from the rose garden announcement. He NEVER ever said it was an act of terror...nor terrorist....

Des

link   
reply to post by buster2010

Every form of news media lies. Its just important to see news from all different perspectives and make your own conclusion.

link   

Originally posted by Awen24
Obama Lie:

this was confirmed (falsely) by the moderator. both Obama and the moderator claimed that Obama had referred to Benghazi as a "terrorist attack" on September 12th.

Obama's comments were as follows:

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

Nowhere in his speech did he refer to a terrorist attack.

...and I'm a little concerned that the moderator falsely supported Obama on this. Not cool!

source: ForexTV

the Moderator, was definitely on the democratic payroll...

Bailed ole Obama, out with that one, and that obviously suprised romney.... Yet just shows how much corruption is in all this crap..

Democrats being moderators in debates..

link   
I liked this debate, it was much more balanced. Romney once again was stretching the truth to fit his flip-flops but Obama hit on the facts. I've also noticed Romney trying to take up more space by moving into Obama's half of the stage but that may have been a camera angle thing. AFAIK they had an agreement that they wouldn't do the Bush/Gore thing and respect each others space.

My take - Obama won but Romney is a good used cars salesman and he'll say anything to make it sound good until you sign the contract and get out the door. Next month when you come back complaining to salesman Romney about the car breaking down he'll send you away and ask you why you didn't read the fine print

link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Brit Hume just said Obama will be declared the winner.

That's Fox News people, doesn't get much definite than that. When Fox News concedes Obama will be declared the winner, it's pretty much an arse whopping from Obama.

Fox news Lies!

FOX lies? The "fair and balanced" channel lies? Say it isn't so.

That would be just as crazy as saying CNN or MSNBC doesn't lie. Oh wait, they all do...silly me.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

A class 3 license is needed for sale no to own for civilians.

A 200 dollar tax stamp is all it takes to own a transferrable machine gun as they are the only ones allowed plus that 200 tax stamp and background check.

Then of course that is if someone can afford the high 5,000 to 300k needed to buy one.

Anyway people want to cut it machine guns are not flying off the shelves at gun dealers.
edit on 16-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Yes, he did call it a terrorist act on Sept. 12th.

www.whitehouse.gov...

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Anyone thinking this debate matters needs to sit and think a bit.

It makes no difference which of these two puppets gets/retains office.

We are screwed either way.

They both suck... We are in the midst of the American decline and both of these scumbags will hasten our demise.

I am fed up.

Enjoy the show though people.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Honestly this debate was crap, high school debate teams could've done better.

link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Brit Hume just said Obama will be declared the winner.

That's Fox News people, doesn't get much definite than that. When Fox News concedes Obama will be declared the winner, it's pretty much an arse whopping from Obama.

Fox news Lies!

FOX lies? The "fair and balanced" channel lies? Say it isn't so.

Just repeating what the anti fox crowd always says when they don't like what they say, but then turn around and cite them when they do say something they like.

link   
Obama won.

Polls go other way. Obama wins next week and the election.

Welcome to four more years.

link   
Biden destroyed Ryan last Thursday.

Obama destroyed Romney tonight.

Two lost debates in a row, not good for Romney/Ryan.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MaurinQuina

Obama Lied.

He never mentioned terrorism on September 12th.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
I stayed up to watch this in the UK. IMO I think obama won it. But we will just have to wait and see how it plays out. Obama made some good points as did Romney. I think the bit about the rose garden and an act of terror was important. He just called the pres a liar? Was good of Obama finishing with the 47%.

link   
as an environmentalists, this debate frightens me.

they are both corporate shills, eager to pillage this world for profit.

the only difference is the color of their ties.

link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

This debate will not change anything, same talking points by Obama. Polls won't shift, sorry guys.
I know you are soooooo wrong buddy. Romney got caught and exposed and was backpeddling all night, even agreeing with Obama in many instances. It was a direct turnaround from the last debate.

Now, concerning the poll shift. Maybe you haven't been reading the news, fella, but over the past 3 days, PRIOR to tonight's debate, Obama has been INCREASING his lead in the polls.

That is not a lie but a fact. So, I am not sure what sort of news you have been following in the past week or so.

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Awen24

Candy point blank lied about that...and she knew it too....I watched it at least 20 times from the rose garden announcement. He NEVER ever said it was an act of terror...nor terrorist....

Des

You're wrong. He did call it an act of terror.

Yes, Obama Did Actually Call The Benghazi Attack An Act Of Terror The Day After Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

link   

Originally posted by jam321
Obama won.

Polls go other way. Obama wins next week and the election.

Welcome to four more years.

Don't see it that way Romney can easily win.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

edit on 16-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join