It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO set to make astounding disclosure!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
sounds exciting!
i just hope its not huge letdown
but they are being very strict about keeping it quiet until the conference
so why do the journalists have to keep it quiet until 7pm cest on Wednesday 17th?
the press conference will surely reveal whatever theyve discovered so im a

Journalists must clearly state in the email that they agree to honour the embargo and will not publish or discuss the research until after 19:00 (CEST) on Wednesday 17 October 2012.

which if im right we will know by 3pm today UK time (its after 2am in the morning here in the UK right now, 16th)

The conference will take place on Tuesday 16 October 2012 at 16:00 CEST.

It will be a letdown... it usually is.

And one of these days the people with all the secrets are going to have a bunch of lunatics turn on them en mass because these people are freaking trying to push us over the edge and for that reason, i will leave some of my more controversial thoughts on that matter out of this post.

How damn hard can it be to gather up a few hundred thousand lunatics who are sick of this cat and mouse game?!

I'm really politically angry today.

for those who hem haw around the truth and think all these mens lies about our world and history is just fine and neccesary for all the wonderful order we see... we should not be tolerating it much less letting them label us with various conspiracy nut names.

out them... the people who are willy nilly.

I am so mad right now. I'm pretty sure I can't put it into words.
edit on 15-10-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am soo excited!........................I gonna go right out and promptly forget i even read this till somebody tells me the news....if i never hear it i wont be let down another goddam time./......Scientists SUCK.....

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've learned something very important about ATS in my years here.

Any big prediction that happens on here, never happens. People speculate, whip the community into a frenzy and we are all let down.

It's gotten to the point where if I see something like, "Martial law will be declared! on XXXX" I know it won't. This also applies to disclosure.

"Oh, I saw it on ATS -- whew! Glad THAT won't really happen!"

Scientists love to hype what us laymen consider "whatever news". This will be "whatever news" as well. That is, unless we have a working warp drive to get there.

Take a bite of reality. It tastes strange dosen't it?
edit on 15-10-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Sometims these things ARE ground breaking and erarh shatteringly exciting, but only to scientists and astornomers who live and breathe this stuff.

If they have found evidence of life on an exo planet then that will be enough to excite me, who cares that we cant get to it (yet) its still amazing that we would KNOW for fact that other life exists.

This is what I am leaning to. People here get all worked up and let their imagination run wild.

We are undergoing a "soft disclosure" -- in 50 years we *might* have "aliens" announced. In the meantime, technology is slowing being released, atheism is increasing (to help us deal w/aliens), and globalization is harmonizing the human race.

It's a bit convenient that 20 years ago as a kid, we didn't even know planets outside our solar system existed. Then, they started pouring in left and right at an alarming rate.

Soft disclosure, over time with the help of Hollywood and MSM.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The recent discovery for the upcoming announcement took place in Chile, and 50 new exoplanets were discovered by astronomers in Chile, including 16 super Earths, back in September. Maybe both are connected...

Link

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't think they are doing a soft disclosure.

they could have made an alien a coca cola mascot a long time ago and been over this decades ago... oh wait, that sounds terribly familiar.hmmm...

what has gone wrong, what has changed? what's missing?

something seems to have went terribly wrong and dammit, I'd like to know what it is.

because they were here! I saw one.

what the hell that means is something not one damn person is interested in helping me understand.

get a load of that... not one. Not one... and what do i see instead of the "real" world around me since that is a reality that must remain non existent. Look at the world. Look at the damn mess.

who the hell are these bastards to tell me what I have the right to know about my own life?

which way is out from here? There is no way to unknow this but some think life is just a game.

I don't think mere caution has resulted in decades of cover ups that still tightly persist to this day.

No.... no, there something much more troubling about all of this and it stinks, we know they are hiding something and this is no way to peel off a band aide... some assholes do not care about the truth at all and we straight away should be finding out who exactly is deciding that.
edit on 15-10-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The day free energy is disclosed to humanity I will crack a smile.
'Till then, I still have to go to work the next day and I still have bills to pay.
So, I really couldn't care less what they intend on dislosing to me because it will not affect me in any sort of significant way.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
people let the powerful pick on the weak.

they just let them do it, they have no reason to care.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
OOOOOOO ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! I'm very excite!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Like what?

Also, to OP. What do you recommend I subscribe to so I can get an email about this "amazing discovery" as they seem to make it sound?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

Sorry but I will beat this one all over with two punches

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kryton
Even if we find an exact copy of Earth...

What good is it if we can't get there?

Wouldn't these minds be better used for creating a ship to go explore?

Exploring the universe isn't like exploring the sea. You have to first scan where you would like to explore and then go there. I'm sure that this planet is all about finding earth-like planets so we could go and live there. However, we're about 500 years away from developing space ships that can venture out of this galaxy with ease so for now, we can just gather data and learn more about how the universe is made.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity
The results will appear online in the journal Nature on 17 October 2012.

ESO will hold an online press conference to announce the results and assess their impact, offering journalists the opportunity to discuss with the scientists. The conference will take place on Tuesday 16 October 2012 at 16:00 CEST."

Interesting fact to note, Any followers of the time wave would have noticed that the 16-17th is the highest peak between now and Dec 21st...Something of novelty is going to happen.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Griffo515 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2012 by Griffo515 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

The found a new moon circling a nearby planet....wait a minute! That's No Moon!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
There's a nice page on La Silla at the following URL:

www.astr.ua.edu...

Some astronomer went there and apparently had a good time checking things out and making some observations. There are a lot of photographs of the installations there.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
holy smokes.
No one expected this

Link removed by staff

Why? Why did you do that?
if i could reach threw my computer i would......................(fill in blank)

edit on 16/10/2012 by Sauron because: removed link from quote

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013

Originally posted by kryton
Even if we find an exact copy of Earth...

What good is it if we can't get there?

Wouldn't these minds be better used for creating a ship to go explore?

Exploring the universe isn't like exploring the sea. You have to first scan where you would like to explore and then go there. I'm sure that this planet is all about finding earth-like planets so we could go and live there. However, we're about 500 years away from developing space ships that can venture out of this galaxy with ease so for now, we can just gather data and learn more about how the universe is made.

That could probably be cut down to about 100 years if we actually gave the scientific community the funds were using to wage war on ourselves. We could probably have a colony on The Moon and Mars within the next 20 years.

What I don't like about the discovery of all these planets is if we can see them, that means they can potentially see us as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I doubt they will announce anything that will shock and awe any of us ATSers..
Unless they reveal some secret tech.. aliens or nazis on the moon.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Nothing to see here folks, they've only discovered the earth is flat after all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join