It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrors of war: US, UK munitions 'cause birth defects in Iraq'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by absente

These Are War Crimes!!!

(gore removed)
edit on 31-8-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yes, indeed they are. Unfortunately, you won't be seeing any of the main instigators down at the Hague, any day soon!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Good to see this not getting swept under the rug for good. I covered this years ago, and it was difficult to do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I wish TALKING about it, would help fix it.
edit on 14-10-2012 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The cheapest and easiest way to dispose of depleted uranium is you weaponize it and dump it on a warzone, and this has been going on for years, and will carry on as long as there is a war.

It's the nuclear age, the point in human history were old white money plays russian roulette with the planet.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce
Or possibly from Saddams chemical weapons factory that was closed by the by United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM) in the 1990's

www.fas.org...

Exactly, but this is ATS. They aren't going to let facts get in the way of something really sensational!

Saddam used the Fallujah area (among others) as a toxic waste dump. I'm willing to bet that was probably the number one reason of birth defects, etc, in that area.

Of course, tho, it's so much easier to blame the US.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
These Are War Crimes!!!

And can you prove these were because of DU weapons or because of Saddam and his toxic waste?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Forget about the fact that Iraq has enough radiation floating around it to = 250,000 Hiroshima bombs. Right? Lets blame it on munitions which 1000s upon 1000s of soldiers spend hours around everyday without problems.

We are not aware of any official reports indicating an increase in birth defects in Al Basrah or Fallujah that may be related to exposure to the metals contained in munitions used by the US or coalition partners,” a US Defense Department spokesperson told the Independent. “We always take very seriously public health concerns about any population now living in a combat theatre. Unexploded ordnance, including improvised explosive devises, are a recognized hazard.

Following is a Department of State fact sheet on the health effects of depleted uranium, based on U.S., U.N. and other investigative sources:

World Health Organization and other scientific research studies indicate Depleted Uranium poses no serious health risks.

Depleted Uranium has not affected the health of Gulf War veterans.

There have been no independent studies related to Depleted Uranium inside Iraq. Since 1991, Iraq has refused to allow health inspectors assess the alleged impact of Depleted Uranium.

Depleted Uranium does not cause birth defects. Iraqi military use of chemical and nerve agents in the 1980's and 1990's is the likely cause of alleged birth defects among Iraqi children.

Isn't uranium highly radioactive and therefore dangerous to humans and the environment?

No. Studies conducted through March 2002 consistently indicate the health risks associate with radiation from exposures to depleted uranium are low - so low as to be statistically undetectable, with one potential exception: Radiation doses for soldiers with embedded fragments of depleted uranium.

www.au.af.mil...
edit on 14-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

These Are War Crimes!!!

And can you prove these were because of DU weapons or because of Saddam and his toxic waste?

Yes I can..

New report shows huge rise in birth defects due to US bombing of Iraq.

The latest study found that in Fallujah, more than half of all babies surveyed were born with a birth defect between 2007 and 2010. Before the siege, this figure was more like one in 10.

www.stopwar.org.uk...

tates and NATO weapons used against Iraq in 2003 have led to health crises in the country, The Independent newspaper reported on Sunday. The findings, published in the Environmental Contamination and Toxicology Bulletin, show the rise of birth defects among Iraqi infants in the cities of al-Basra and Fallujah. The authors of the report correlate defects and abnormalities with the exposure to metals released by bombs and bullets.

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Uranium is a naturally occurring chemical element that is mildly radioactive. Humans and animals have always ingested particles of this naturally occurring substance from the air, water and soil. Only when uranium is enriched to produce material for nuclear reactors is the radiation level hazardous, requiring very careful handling and storage. Depleted uranium is roughly 127 times less radioactive than 90% enriched uranium.

Natural and depleted uranium have not been linked to any health risks. There have been 16 epidemiological studies of some 30,000 workers in U.S. radiation industries. Some of these workers, particularly in the early days of the industry, had very significant exposures to uranium particles. According to scientists in the field, there have been no recorded cases of illness among these workers as a result of their exposure to uranium.

www.au.af.mil...

This is the reason we were so confused on Nuclear Bombs. We were going to sites all throughout the damn country, getting MASSIVE radiation spikes in obvious storage units, but no damn bombs. We couldn't figure out why and still do not know why. How the hell these missile storage sites have massive radiation spikes polluting entire villages and bases, but no bombs.

I also have a brother who just came out of Iraq recently, and they were put on a regime of Iodine Tablets. I don't know how spread that was, but apparently the radiation was so ridiculously high, it was done as a per-caution for their unit.
edit on 14-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Except DU isn't a mutagen or radioactive above background levels. Yes, it's not healthy when eaten or inhaled, neither is literally any other heavy metal. I would consider DU exposure to be very low on the threat pyramid if you're living in a warzone like Fallujah. And DU has nothing to do with bombs, it's used in ballistic munitions only.

Did you ever consider the idea that maybe Iraqi actions caused this? Not only the dumping of biochem waste, but igniting the oil fields of Kuwait back in '91.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Did you ever consider the idea that maybe Iraqi actions caused this? Not only the dumping of biochem waste, but igniting the oil fields of Kuwait back in '91.

Or the fact that DU was used in the first Gulf War? What was the birth defect rate like prior to 1991? That would be a good indicator I would suggest.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Depleted Uranium Weaponry used since the war in Yugoslavia. And its world wide. Its like an all out nuclear war with this and even Fukushima against the citizens of the earth, and weapons of mass destruction, depopulation. What do you do with nuclear waste, so dangerous it won't go away for billions of years? You throw all over the countries you go to war with and pave your streets with it, make signs with it. Well if you're exremely negative beings in partnership with demons that is!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by absente

where did you think our nuclear waste went?.....into these missiles

what else can incinerate a tank in one second?....or incinerate half a childs arm, with the other half untouched?

cmon...of course there is radiation...excessive amounts...around every bombed site

peace

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not just missiles. Bullets, spent ammunition has also been dumped by the mega ton off the east and west coast of North Amercia in our prime fishing waters.

CHBC did a report on it.

Also, its been mixed in with our scrap metal supplies, so toys, fridges, just about anything is possibly contaminated.

And I heard that was the reason some of the US signs, glowed in the dark, and someone shared some inside info that it was even mixed into the pavement and cement. And when I heard that, wouldn't put it past them. They really want to make us wear it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by absente
Exactly - yet bombs containing Uranium were found during the Yugoslavian / Balkan war too. There were a lot of reports, studies, even a trial in Hague on this topic,

Care to show a proper source for that claim, where are the reports on the trial in the hague?

So what's basically happening is that the "Coalition Forces" use "conventional weapons", which contain enriched uranium

Care to show us a source for these weapons that use "enriched" uranium?

edit on 14-10-2012 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

The Serbian government pushed that as well as several NGO's from that area. Hague never accepted a trial, neither did the UN. There were several resolutions too. You can do your own research on that, I am not your secretary.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Or the fact that DU was used in the first Gulf War? What was the birth defect rate like prior to 1991? That would be a good indicator I would suggest.

It's stated in the original study, page two.
Link to original study
edit on 14/10/12 by absente because: added link

Originally posted by AccessDenied
... I covered this years ago, and it was difficult to do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
I wish TALKING about it, would help fix it.
edit on 14-10-2012 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

Excellent thread, everybody should take a look at it, and browse all the information in it.

edit on 14/10/12 by absente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente
The Serbian government pushed that as well as several NGO's from that area. Hague never accepted a trial, neither did the UN.

You are very confused, you claim there was a trial at the Hague, then claim a trial was never accepted....

Care to back your silly claim on 'enriched" uranium used in weapons?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Yes I can..
www.stopwar.org.uk...

english.alarabiya.net...

Wow, no agenda of hate from either of these sources. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

There were efforts made for a trial in Hague, yet it never started due to "lack of evidence".

As for enriched uranium just do a google search, I thought this is ATS, not "yahoo answers" !

No. Astonishingly, it was not depleted uranium. It was slightly enriched uranium, the kind that is used in nuclear reactors or atomic bombs. We found it in the hair and also in the soil. We concentrated the soil chemically so there could be no mistake. Results showed slightly enriched uranium – manmade.

US uranium to blame for deformed babies in Fallujah?

The results are summarized in Table 1 and Table 2. They show that the sample LS6 was more radioactive than either the background or the Lebanon sample LS7 both in terms of alpha and beta activity and LS6 contained significant amounts of Enriched Uranium.

Evidence of Enriched Uranium in Guided Weapons Employed by the Israeli Military in Lebanon in July 2006

Now you would say my sources are bad - well here's the WP, and the UN:

GENEVA –– Ammunition tips found at sites targeted by NATO during the 1999 Kosovo conflict contained traces of enriched uranium from nuclear reprocessing plants, the U.N. Environment Program says

UN: Uranium Traces Found in Weapons

Just google "enriched uranuim used by nato " - is it really that hard?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

You can use the first gulf war all you want. The facts suggest that this defect issue has become a big problem after the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join