It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrors of war: US, UK munitions 'cause birth defects in Iraq'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

rt.com

US and UK weapons ammunition were linked to heart defects, brain dysfunctions and malformed limbs, according to a recent study. The report revealed a shocking rise in birth defects in Iraqi children conceived after the US invasion.

It documents 56 families in Fallujah, which was invaded by US troops in 2004, and examines births in Basrah in southern Iraq, which was attacked by British forces in 2003.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well there was a lot of speculation in the past, but I guess now there is starting to appear proof. I read the whole study, it's not that long and I am actually not surprised.

Back in the Balkan war, people in Serbia and Bosnia suffer similar consequences, even today with "cancer cities" where 80% of the population has cancer etc.

Interesting thing about the study (and the reason it wont be published in the mainstream media) are the researchers, e.g. one Iraqi, two Irani and one US.

There is a link in the original news link to the report. Be warned, that it really contains graphic images, unpleasant ones.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

PS: Here is an article in the Independent:
Iraq records huge rise in birth defects

edit on 14/10/12 by absente because: added link to The Independent

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This was very interesting. The way he mentioned "unusual injuries" popping up sounds like hearsay to me but that doesn't really matter. The fact that enriched uranium is being used at all is disturbing. We're basically slow/weak nuking Iraq, not to mention our own soldiers who handle these munitions.

I wonder about this sci-fi "neutron bomb" he mentioned as a possible source of the uranium findings.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Exactly - yet bombs containing Uranium were found during the Yugoslavian / Balkan war too. There were a lot of reports, studies, even a trial in Hague on this topic, yet of course nothing happened. So what's basically happening is that the "Coalition Forces" use "conventional weapons", which contain enriched uranium - so how are they conventional?

Yet it's even the "real" conventional weaponry that is attracting attention - that rise in birth defects is simply not "normal" or at least "usual". I think the headline of RT states it very clearly - It's a "horror". God bless those people and the soldiers, who were been affected without doubt too.

Ironic how a war that started for "searching and neutralizing WMD's" actually created and deployed them../

--

Actually, I think most of us remember that movie about "Willy Pete"

U.S. forces were specifically accused of using white phosphorus against human targets in the Sigfrido Ranucci's documentary film Fallujah, The Hidden Massacre, which aired on Italy's RaiNews24 in 2005.[5][10] In the film, Giuliana Sgrena takes interviews from refugees from Fallujah about purported uses of white phosphorus against civilians. Jeff Englehart, a person interviewed in the film, claims to be a former US soldier who heard of white phosphorus being deployed as a weapon and saw its effect in the field...

The March 2005 edition of the U.S. Army magazine Field Artillery, contained an article on using white phosphorus as an "effective munition" for flushing out insurgents during the Fallujah attack of November 2004:
"WP proved to be an effective and versatile munition. We used it for screening missions at two breeches and, later in the fight, as a potent psychological weapon against the insurgents in trench lines and spider holes when we could not get effects on them with HE (High Explosive) Rounds. We fired ‘shake and bake’ missions at the insurgents, using WP to flush them out and HE to take them out."[15]

from WikiPedia

edit on 14/10/12 by absente because: added content

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to people's attention, OP. Depleted uranium munitions are used to cut through things like steel and concrete, and they are anything but conventional.

The horror of this illegal, immoral war continues due to environmental poisoning. I believe it is a form of genocide, as the totally deformed offspring, if they live, most likely will not reproduce.

I read that the Queen of England owns Rio Tinto Mines, the largest producer of uranium. Gotta keep the old lady's tax-free money coming in, don't we? Her husband is a proponent of eugenics. Make money from mining the stuff, then use the depleted product on the population of third world countries.

www.sxolsout.org.uk...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente

i will never forget pictures like this of a child born in Iraq.

Soon, with DU seeping into the water table many countries will be unihabitable.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
S&F

I wondered when we would start seeing the effects of all the DU munitions used in Iraq, I dont know how anyone could think "hey, lets use depleted uranium rounds and we will not only kill this generation of Iraqis, but kill many many generations all with just 1 war" and still sleep at night.

The world MUST prosecute these criminals--If they wont be part of the ICC, then we need a global infinitive to remove these despots from any position of power.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by absente

It is terrible and everybody should be aware or realise that "they" knew what the effect of such munitions would bring to that country before one bullit was fired. People who decide and give the order what munition must be used by soldiers.... and not to forget must be bought.... are no idiots or fools .....but monsters.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
As you get older you begin to realize that some people/corporations don't care about anything, whether it is polluting a river or using depleted uranium (which they did in Iraq). The "liberators" never cared about these people or their offspring, the NWO will never care. It's about control by any means necessary as far as I can see.

This is old news.
edit on 14-10-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

I read that the Queen of England owns Rio Tinto Mines, the largest producer of uranium. Gotta keep the old lady's tax-free money coming in, don't we? Her husband is a proponent of eugenics. Make money from mining the stuff, then use the depleted product on the population of third world countries.

She might think she is ERII, but Gina Reinhart is in no way royalty.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

I have not read the article linked to but I am curious if there are any cases that share a great number of symptoms with so called Gulf War Syndrome that many suffered from after Desert Storm?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The USA/UK have invented weapons which are sub-humanizing entire populations since 1945.

WW3 they will destroy the world with their weapons

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Its disgusting! How these governments, including my own, have
not been brought to justice over this illegal war is annoying. And
people wonder why the middle east hates the western world. And all
for what, oil!

When are people going to realise your government does not give a crap
about you. Do you really think they lie in bed at nighy thinking about the
lives lost because of these wars? No, they dont!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Exactly - yet bombs containing Uranium were found during the Yugoslavian / Balkan war too. There were a lot of reports, studies, even a trial in Hague on this topic,

Care to show a proper source for that claim, where are the reports on the trial in the hague?

So what's basically happening is that the "Coalition Forces" use "conventional weapons", which contain enriched uranium

Care to show us a source for these weapons that use "enriched" uranium?

edit on 14-10-2012 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They knew what DU ammunition would do long term, that's why they decided to use it.

Think about it, it doesn't only have an immediate result, but it's the ammunition that keeps on killing. We should feel ashamed that our Governments would even consider using such ammunition, let alone actually use it.

I could say more, but the words I want to use would undoubtedly breach T&C's.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Exactly - yet bombs containing Uranium were found during the Yugoslavian / Balkan war too. There were a lot of reports, studies, even a trial in Hague on this topic,

Care to show a proper source for that claim, where are the reports on the trial in the hague?

So what's basically happening is that the "Coalition Forces" use "conventional weapons", which contain enriched uranium

Just another armchair expert distorting facts and straight up inventing stuff. It could of course be from Russian made shells and ammunition that pre-dated NATO involvement.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

How about you take a look and then report back. It's common knowledge that the coalition forces used DU ammunition during the Iraq war!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Just another armchair expert distorting facts and straight up inventing stuff. It could of course be from Russian made shells and ammunition that pre-dated NATO involvement.

Or possibly from Saddams chemical weapons factory that was closed by the by United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM) in the 1990's

www.fas.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

How about you take a look and then report back. It's common knowledge that the coalition forces used DU ammunition during the Iraq war!!

If you had read what was posted I was commenting on the use of "enriched" weapons!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

If you had read what was posted I was commenting on the use of "enriched" weapons!

Apologies, just read the original post more thouroughly!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join