It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The horrors of the War on Terror

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I must admit that I struggled with posting this.This has to be the most horrific thing I have come across on the internet to date.I can't even begin to explain my distress at this. I was doing a google search for images about the war in Iraq( Iwas looking for soldier pics for my website) and I came across this website.I searched the immediate boards and didn't find this topic, so pardon me if it has already been discussed.Now to get to the point of this post.The site contains images of victims of the type of weapons being used in Iraq and were used in the Gulf War as well.This is so deeply disturbing to me that these weapons are being used against civilians.I tried to imagine myself in the shoes of a mother in Iraq whos child had been injured and burned or baby born with these deformities. This is Shocking.We go about our daily business getting only the filtered stories about suicide bombers and pockets of insurgents.These people are being slaughtered and not by al Quaida or the Taliban but by the "War on Terror".What did these children do to deserve this? I must warn that these images are extremely graphic and not for the squeamish.And I just read a thread on here this morning about the same weapons being tested in Hawaii.This site has a lot of content and may take some time to browse.Here is the link-

WARNING- EXTREMELY GRAPHIC IMAGES

www.thewe.cc...

[edit on 21-5-2007 by sanctum]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yes, this as also affecting US and other troops in Iraq. I believe DU combined with untested vaccines caused 'gulf war syndrome'.

Now ask yourself, what do you think people will want to do after they see effects of this on their children or get cancer and so on? This war will create more terrorists than any other foreign policy!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You could be correct about that 64738. This just hit so close to home for me as a mom I cannot imagine the horrors the Iraqi women have seen.That and the fact that my sister is married to a Canadian soldier previously sent to Bosnia and Afghanistan and is set to return for a six month tour in 2008.She has just finished nursing school and upon his return from this tour they had planned to have another child. This terrifies me.Unfortunately they do not believe in conspiracies and all he can talk about it getting over there to "Kick some Taliban butt".I can't understand his logic seeing as he is based in Petawawa and they have had huge losses.He believes full body armour and a tank will protect him from anything.I can't even begin to show him the pictures of soldiers with missing limbs and burns as it just fuels his fire more.I suppose I just don't understand or agree with the mindset of the military.I wonder if it is stories like this that are the reason behind the soldiers losing the right to have blogs, myspace, youtube etc.They don't want us over here to see this.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I can seriously understand if no one wants to comment on this as it does leave one utterly speachless if you don't know about it already.But this isn't just affecting the Iraqi people this is affecting all the troops there as well and there future children when they return home.This cannot be ignored.If you cannot bring yourself to post a reply, please at least flag this so the information can get out there.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would hazard a guess that the reason that there is so little by way of reply to this thread is that the usual warhawks havent figured a way to do any discrediting. That or they simply do not care.

Either way though, great thread, and I hope more people will view this and realise what the hell is REALLY going down, and not buy into this "for the good of the world" BS.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thank you Terran Blue.You are probably correct in that the usual thread killers are looking for a way to do just that. Or, they don't want to touch this topic with a ten foot pole. Or this is news to them and they don't know what to make of it and are "Googling" for more proof.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
BTw- Sanctum, thank you for adding the warning in bold.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Could be no ideas how to 'debunk' this yes, since mainstream media only brainwashes about going to war and 'spreading democracy', they never touch this subject so i guess people are now without excuses.

Other thing i notice a lot lately is when someone mentions something serious, not much people respond. Maybe nation is already that much conditioned by TV nonsense to respond only to shock/bashing threads and not to serious issues.

BTW, i see they gave you low rating (1-star), thats all they can do it seems. Give me some too, see if i care about this rating nonsense.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by 64738]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
War on terror never made any sense to me, war IS terror. Things like create terrorist. I cant imagine what I would do if a foreign government invaded my country and caused things like this to happen to my children. Things like this make me ashamed to be American.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I agree Slade88green-War is Terror.I would like to add that I did not post this topic to be anti-American, only anti-war.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Aaaargh! What are we doing to these people? In the name of freedom and democracy!? This should be enough to have someone not just incarcerated for war crimes, but have them publicly executed to send a message!

Yes, war is terror, war is Hell and sometimes, war is even necessary. I do believe in the need to confront Islamic fanaticism - even in the context of war. I do believe that innocent people die in war for the greater good which is most unfortunate - but this!?!? Unacceptable!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
How close does this have to be to hit home with everyone?
www.infowars.com... What does it take to get this issue noticed?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Children who will grow up to become sexist, conservative, closed-minded, anti-homosexual Muslims; I have no sympathies, in fact I find it kinda fascinating, deformities and such.

You could say I'm very liberal in some aspects and I know the truth about these people.

Yes I knew about this before and I've seen the site. Nothing shocks me anymore.

Also napalmed communists =

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
At the risk of getting a warning over this reply-

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh how cute, an image macro.

I'm sorry I just know the truth about them, I have very strong feelings and its just hard for me to sympathize with them. Sorry if you don't like the way I think.

Also you could at least make an effort to respond a bit more than just posting an image.

[edit on 5/21/2007 by Kacen]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
ugh i so shouldnt have looked at that i couldnt even look at thewhole page damn why the kids?? this really made me cry
now im angry
poor kids i mean they didnt want nor have anything to do with the rotten apples why do they have to suffer?? ugh and that lame excuse about needing to elminate a lot of the civilization because resources and sick people.they are freakin making them sick ugh whatever

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
damn kacen you have some f'd up views! to each his/her own but damn .

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
War is hell. People die in war...all kinds of people. The young, the old, war does not discriminate. As long as it is the enemies people who die I have no problem with it. If others have to die in order for me to be free then so be it. Survival of the fittest is the only law that has endured and will endure through the ages.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Kacen- these are children, innocents that will be brought up as a product of their environment.The one created for them by this war.I can't believe this doesn't shock you.But of course you said you had seen these images before.So it's ok with you then what is being done to these people.In your own mind you find justification for all this? You judge these children as guilty before they have a chance to grow up and choose whether to become a "terrorist " or not.Would you feel that way if it were your home, your family, your children?You cannot hold an entire country responsible for the actions of a few.That is my 2 cents, and you are perfectly entitled to your own opinion.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The detractors will mearly state that those images are lies , are not related and that DU isn`t dangerous and the dust is rapidily dispated to the winds

other will state thats rubbish and hundreds of tons of DU has been dumped on Iraq and Afghanistan and the allies don`t give a damn about the consequences.

before you post from the heart take a few mins - click this

www.youtube.com...

and relax - so its logical and not diatribe.

and for the record

i think the dumping of radiological material is amoungst the worst genocide of this century and we are letting it happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join