It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another SWAT raid burning a 12 yeal old girl in her sleep

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by randyvs
"My little corner " ?

At 53 years of age I can say I've had a pretty colorful time in, " My little corner ". To the point that it's not even much of a concern anymore. And I've never thought of the world as being only, " My little corner ".

Then why did you say "Obviously the police are a big part of what's wrong with this world."?

I interpreted that as meaning that this is happening in the whole world and that all (or at least most) of the police officers act this way in the whole world.

Generalisations are never good.

With all do respect moderator, I think you are picking nits with the semantics, and that you are motivated by an apparent ax to grind. Besides, it's off topic and distracting.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
But, one who looks at the evil men are capable of, can easily deduce the signs.

What people are capable of and what people actually do are different things.

Yes, I am an optimist.

I look at the world and it's direction and see how constantly coincides and surely as member of ATS you know exactly what I'm speaking of.

I think I do, although I can never be sure about what other people think, I was never good at mind reading.

And I don't agree that they want us all dead, who would clean their mess?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
We have our weaposn still people , and we have them to defend ourselves......

You don't need that kind of weapons, you just need to stand up for your rights and to show those acting like they are above the law that they are not, and that they do not have a special position in society, in the larger picture they are just one number like any one of us, and what they see as some kind of advantage in being part of a group of people that appear to have some advantages over the rest of the population is just a smoke screen to make them ignore that they are in the same position as the rest of us.

In Portugal, during the fascist dictatorship that lasted for 48 years, the political police thought that they were special or that they were superior to the rest of the population, but when the Carnation Revolution happened they saw that the people (in that case it was a military revolution, but the people took to the streets and made it their own revolution) are what really makes a country (and they opened fire against people that were peacefully celebrating the revolution, while they were cornered inside one of their buildings, making the only 4 victims of the revolution). They were latter all arrested but, as most of them were just common people, either fooled by those above them or self-fooled into thinking that they were better than the others, they were almost all released, only those guilty of real crimes remained in prison.

Stop being afraid people.......respect law enforcement, and try not to break the law, but do NOT let them criminalize the innocent....

Not only criminalize the innocent but also ignore the innocent while eagerly looking to catch what they think are criminals.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse
With all do respect moderator, I think you are picking nits with the semantics, and that you are motivated by an apparent ax to grind. Besides, it's off topic and distracting.

Sorry (everybody) for being off topic, and probably nit picking, but my axe is in perfect conditions.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I think we all need to put the thread with its title into some kind of context. It is somewhat double barrelled, it surely is just another S.W.A.T. raid. The fact that a child was injured only goes to show what can happen with the weaponry that is allowed to be deployed, and the way that weaponry was used in that deployment, that'll be the hard bit to find out. It was also a bit callous of the police chief saying "they'll go with whatever the law says" when the law is loaded on their side. Rubber bullets in N.I. were allowed/are allowed to be deployed, although the use of has much declined, but in the meantime people were both maimed and killed by them, because rogue officers, and I mean rogue officers, found more harmful ways of using them, until the minimal guidelines in use were revised. Point there is, you didn't need to be Einstein to figure out how to really harm people with them from the outset, and it was all legal and dandy. In this case, it is obvious that the pre-planning intelligence was flawed, but they still had a technical capability on the ground to ascertain just who, or what was in the building, a domicile, but they made a mess of it, and it seems that the whole operation was a cock-up in general. There's nothing more I want to add, but there sure is an awful lot to contemplate on.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is the part that makes no sense to me...

However, the officer didn't realize that there was a delay on the grenade when he tried to detonate it. He dropped it to move onto a new device, St. John said. The grenade fell to the floor and went off near the girl.

Based on this statement from the public relations officer, and if I'm reading it right, the guy that caused the injury to the little girl, was either standing there, HOLDING the grenade, waiting for it to go off, OR, he picked it back up after it failed to detonate, and then dropped it again!

Is this common practice for deploying such a weapon? Could someone with an IQ, higher that 148, please explain this, because it makes no sense to me!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
Based on this statement from the public relations officer, and if I'm reading it right, the guy that caused the injury to the little girl, was either standing there, HOLDING the grenade, waiting for it to go off, OR, he picked it back up after it failed to detonate, and then dropped it again!

From what I understood of it, he had the grenade on the tip of a stick-like tool used to drop the grenades where they want, so when the grenade didn't go off he released it from that tool to put another one.

Could someone with an IQ, higher that 148, please explain this, because it makes no sense to me!

I don't know what's my IQ, so my answer can be wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join