It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another SWAT raid burning a 12 yeal old girl in her sleep

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

A 12-year-old girl suffered burns to one side of her body when a flash grenade went off next to her as a police SWAT team raided a West End home Tuesday morning.

"She has first- and second-degree burns down the left side of her body and on her arms," said the girl's mother, Jackie Fasching. "She's got severe pain. Every time I think about it, it brings tears to my eyes."

Professionalism.

However, the officer didn't realize that there was a delay on the grenade when he tried to detonate it. He dropped it to move onto a new device, St. John said. The grenade fell to the floor and went off near the girl.

I dont recall the Three Stooges episode where they got jobs as paramilitary psychos.

She and her two daughters and her husband were home at the time of the raid. She said her husband, who suffers from congenital heart disease and liver failure, told officers he would open the front door as the raid began and was opening it as they knocked it down.

They have an obligation to make it home safe you know. First priority even when embarking on wholly pointless and unnecessarily risky actions is that they make it home safe. So brave. Im tearing up.

The decision to use a SWAT team was based on a detailed checklist the department uses when serving warrants.

A thread about those lists with examples: SWAT Checklists

Maybe if these psycho cop settlements were paid out of the cops salaries it wouldnt be so easy for them to drunkenly assault anybody they wanted to. When the taxpayers pay the bill who cares how poorly run things are, right? We'll just send in some armed goons to make sure they pay up.
The article makes it sound like if there were known juveniles they would not have used SWAT. If you read the checklists the presence of children at the scene is automatic SWAT deployment.

10/12/12 Article

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Maybe they should insert one of these socalled stun grenades up said officers arse, seems fair to me!

Totalitarian Police Scum Should Burn not an innocent little girl!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
How does that Bodycount song go again?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It was the families fault for not having a meth lab and the resulting injuries could have been justified if they were

If the police force is going to act militaristic, they should employ better military style recon before they go through with there operations
edit on 13-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
[

I dont recall the Three Stooges episode where they got jobs as paramilitary psychos.

Outstanding! I spit out my coffee! I'm still laughing!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
How to decide to use SWAT team or not:

1. Are you getting enough sex at home? If no, use SWAT.
2. Were you bullied as a kid? If yes, use SWAT.
3. Do you feel really weak but want to look tough? If yes, use SWAT.
4. Are you a psycho and want to cause some chaos....

you get the idea.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

If the police force is going to act militaristic, they should employ better military style recon before they go through with there operations

Seems like all the Federal "post 9/11" funding is just for the acquisition of toys and weapons. Not for training or tactics.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I bet they thought Justin Bieber was there showing off his naughty photo's on his cell phone...

I looked at the photo's from that link and seeing her room like that.
I don't know. I hate the thought of the girl getting hurt but--- maybe if they cleaned up around the place, the cops wouldn't have reason to suspect something bad was going on in the house that required a SWAT teams attention

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Seems like all the Federal "post 9/11" funding is just for the acquisition of toys and weapons. Not for training or tactics.

Haha certainly seems like it. In my mind the scenario could have been like this:

"Hey, let's use a flash bang like in call of duty"

"Totally man!"

"Grenade out"

"Oops I dropped it"

"Lolz"

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Maybe I missed something because I have yet to finish my double espresso and it is only 8 am but how come SWAT is becoming a common occurrence? Do they just get some information through hearsay, deploy the big guns, and not bother with gathering intelligence first. (Maybe by asking people in the community if there is ay suspicious activity going on in the house. Questioning the school the child attends, to see if they know if said child might be in danger...) It seems like such a waste of time, as well as poor judgement, to just call up SWAT...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCass
I bet they thought Justin Bieber was there showing off his naughty photo's on his cell phone...

I looked at the photo's from that link and seeing her room like that.
I don't know. I hate the thought of the girl getting hurt but--- maybe if they cleaned up around the place, the cops wouldn't have reason to suspect something bad was going on in the house that required a SWAT teams attention

So a messy room is enough to require a swat team, because it is suspicious of drug crime?

That's some real rational thinking there.

Ok everybody...get your kids to clean up there rooms, because that is enough cause to get a drug swat team at your door.

Maybe we'll get to see a swat team come down on some of those people on the show Hoarders next.

edit on 13-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Maybe I missed something because I have yet to finish my double espresso and it is only 8 am but how come SWAT is becoming a common occurrence? Do they just get some information through hearsay, deploy the big guns, and not bother with gathering intelligence first. (Maybe by asking people in the community if there is ay suspicious activity going on in the house. Questioning the school the child attends, to see if they know if said child might be in danger...) It seems like such a waste of time, as well as poor judgement, to just call up SWAT...

The two biggest reasons SWAT usage is on the rise are actually the same reason. It's also the reason for nearly all government waste and abuse.

They exist so they must constantly perpetuate their own existence.

By deploying SWAT teams for everything from non-violent warrant serving to collecting taxes they ensure their own existence is justified bureaucratically and financially and they get themselves media recognition or "face time" to normalize their use in the eyes of the public.

This is why empowering people is dangerous. Fund them with tax dollars and it gets even more dangerous.

These abuses happen in every tax funded office from the clerks secretary to the librarian to the fire and police chief all the way up to the mayor.

It has always been this way.

Put hyped up hyper-violent psychos in the mix and this is what you get.

Brazil, I believe it was, not long ago dismantled their paramilitary SWAT type force because of these very abuses on the purse and the people. I'll try to find the article about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks, I am interested in reading the article on Brazil, so I hope you can pass along the information. SWAT isn't a common occurrence in Canada nor are federal raids (although I assume they DO happen) so it kind of baffles me. Its a shame that this happens all too often and only to justify their existence. And now, a song...

'When there's something wrong, in the neighborhood, who you gonna call THE SWAT TEAM...
When there's something strange, and it don't look good, who you gonna call THE SWAT TEAM..."

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

It was Bolivia I was thinking of:

Evo Morales has ordered the dissolution of the specially trained police force, the Unit for the Tactical Resolution of Crisis (UTARC). This follows allegations of mistreatment of journalists from the TV channel ‘Unitel’ and irregularities during the arrest of landowner Nelson Vaca.
Link

Now, if a place like Bolivia can find a way to dissolve their goon squad for something as relatively trivial as roughing up the media I'm sure some towns in the US can take a second look at their local PD SWAT teams who cant get addresses right and drop grenades.

Other dissolved goon squads:

Fiji’s military says it disbanded the Police Tactical Response Unit set up by the former commissioner because it had compromised its role.

In a statement, the acting police commissioner, Lt Col Jimi Koroi, says the unit had come under heavy suspicion from the army and its members showed overt signs of indiscipline.
Link

Regarding Hoboken, NJ SWAT:

"The unit itself has been disbanded permanently," said the public safety director, Bill Bergin.
over taking racy photos with Hooters girls. link
edit on 13-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
How to decide to use SWAT team or not:

1. Are you getting enough sex at home? If no, use SWAT.
2. Were you bullied as a kid? If yes, use SWAT.
3. Do you feel really weak but want to look tough? If yes, use SWAT.
4. Are you a psycho and want to cause some chaos....

you get the idea.

602. Is there a film crew nearby? Like reality tv or local news.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wow, I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about these SWAT mishaps, or should I say, SWAT criminal activity.

One of these days there will be the "one" that awakens the masses.

This drug war has ran it's course, and rakes millions of people up in it's wake.

That poor girl will feel the effects of their war the rest of her life, as will we all by the time it's said and done.

Where is the public outrage? Has everyone just succumbed to their existance as necessary to the point of letting a crime like this go unpunished and used as a learning opportunity?

~Rev

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy

One of these days there will be the "one" that awakens the masses.

I used to hold out hope that there would be that one that made them all stop and take stock but not anymore.

When they can barge into a mayors house, shoot his dogs and drag them all out into the street and face virtually no penalty save some token apologies we're past the point of hoping for change. Calvo's Story

This is the reality in America and the momentum favors the psychos.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

No arrests were made during the raid and no charges have been filed, although a police spokesman said afterward that some evidence was recovered during the search. St. John declined to release specifics of the drug case, citing the active investigation, but did say that "activity was significant enough where our drug unit requested a search warrant."

"Some evidence" of what? No arrests.

"If we're wrong or made a mistake, then we're going to take care of it," he said. "But if it determines we're not, then we'll go with that. When we do this, we want to ensure the safety of not only the officers, but the residents inside."

Thanks again for ensuring our safety!

I like this bit of double speak:

"The information that we had did not have any juveniles in the house and did not have any juveniles in the room," he said. "We generally do not introduce these disorienting devices when they're present."

followed by:

"Every bit of information and intelligence that we have comes together and we determine what kind of risk is there," St. John said. "The warrant was based on some hard evidence and everything we knew at the time."

So your hard evidence was wrong in all cases. Huh. Shocker.

CJ

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I am more in favor of just building fortress my house, with metal cageing inside the walls and steel shutters on the inside of the windows that can be deployed for protection, this is just idiotic.

At what point does the public just take this into their own hands and start shooting police on site, so as to protect their communities from them?

I always taught my children to police are the good guys, and they should not fear them as they are "here to help". More and more I see the naivety of this line of thinking, maybe I should be teaching them the present truth, not the truth from when I was a kid.

To stay ahead of the curve, not behind it.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Sorry about this off topic statement I am about to make but your post reminds me of some lyrics from one of my favorite DreamTheater songs (Blind Faith)

"Take the streets, the beaten path, the system works for whom I ask?
And I will have, a big house, with an iron fence to keep you out."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join