It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Republican mind set: If you can't say something nice about your candidate, then attack the other candidate.

Democratic mind set: If you can't deal with the facts being presented ... deny deny deny .. smirk and laugh at inappropriate times .. interrupt the other candidate with snarky strange comments (oh .. so you are Jack Kennedy now) .. and throw everyone else under the bus except for yourself.

Again ... Biden tried to blame 'intelligence' failures for Libya and denied that the White House knew Libya begged for more security. But then BIden tried to tell everyone to trust 'intelligence' and the White House that Iran isn't building a nuclear weapon. ABSURD. But the O-bots are buying it and saying that somehow this was a good thing for BIden to put forward. Did they even listen to the guy or were they just giddy about his smirking all night? STRANGE.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by texasgirl

You keep referencing the exact same poll over and over from last night.

Last night there were two polls, CNN that had it a tie because the margin of error (Biden 44%, Ryan 48%, margin of error +/- 5%)

And there was the CBS poll, it had Biden at 50%, Ryan at 31%, and a Tie at 19%.

So you have one poll calling it a tie, and one calling Biden the clear winner.

And you have today's conversations with the left loving the debate, and loving Joe Biden. And you have the right hating the debate, hating BIden, and hating the moderator. No one is talking about that other guy, it's like he wasn't even there.

So just admit it, that other guy that no one is talking about got his tail kicked by Biden. It's really sad watching you and other grasping at straws trying to spin the horrible whipping that Ryan took.

Answer one question honestly, did Biden dominate the conversation, control the tone, control the tempo, and is dominating the after debate conversation?

Note, I'm not asking who "won", just try to answer honestly.

If you read my first post I was saying there some polls saying Ryan won (CNN) and some polls saying Biden won. I spend the rest of the thread trying to show proof of CNN's poll to the OP because he demanded it.

I have been neutral on this because I don't like neither Obama nor Romney and I wanted to hear answers during the debate. I was not hating Biden but I was irritated because Paul Ryan kept getting interrupted by Biden and being laughed at. It was distracting. I was NOT impressed with either of them.
edit on 12-10-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

OK, this came to light in an extreme way last night.

When Obama lost the first Presidential debate, the Democrats' reactions were "He really blew it" and went on with reasons why he did so. ...reasons focused on HIM, not on the opponent, not on the moderator, not on light being in his eyes...

Yet Obama himself said he lost because he was just "too nice". Excuses.

When Ryan lost the VP debate, the Republicans' reactions were "the moderator was against him, Biden laughed too much, blah blah this, blah blah that". Never, not once admitting that Ryan got his butt handed to him on a platter.

You presume that Ryan lost. False. And all statements pertaining to the debate are true.

So what's your point, Purp?

Come on, at least admit it when you lose and focus on what your candidate could do better instead of realizing it when you lose but trying to cover it up by attacking the other side with anyhting and everything you can.

Here you go again, presuming that Ryan lost.

You want the most extreme form of honesty? It's admitting when you lost. Democrats admitted Obama lost the first Presidential debate because he did. Republicans are having trouble admitting Ryan lost the VP debate even though it's EXTREMELY obvious that he did. Come on folks, man up and take it in stride.

I would. IF he had actually lost.

Some are even blindly claiming Ryan did better than he actually did. If you can't face reality, how is anyone going to take you seriously?? ... makes me want to laugh at you like Biden laughed at Ryan

You can laugh, that's acceptable. Biden? Poor form. Ryan won or at the very least tied Biden.

Love you like a brother, Purp, but you're way off base here.

beez

edit on 12-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ya know I love ya Beez, but Ryan lost the debate.

Those who support him just need to admit that and move on to the next debate and hope their side does a better job.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Same type of poll... and from the same site!!! ... that you're using from last night only a few minutes after the debate to claim ryan won.

So it was ok last night, but it's not ok this morning??? How odd....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by texasgirl

Where are you getting these numbers? I can't find it on the link you provided.

It is on the home page of CNN in the far right column close to the bottom of the page.

They're not capable of reading things like words and stuff

www.cnn.com...

Guess you missed the words on the phone survey which you point at, "This is not a scientific poll" & "Quick Vote"

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Let's analyze your answers, they are quite funny.

Biden didn't dominate the conversation ... he turned what was supposed to be a grown-up political conversation into what looked like a drunken beach party.

Translation: He didn't dominate the coversation, he just was so overpowering he change the entire conversation.

So he didn't dominate the conversation, yet he did manage to turn the conversation into something you didn't like, yet he didn't dominate it. A bit contradictory, huh? Oh wait, there is more.

He didn't 'control the tone' .. he was OUT OF CONTROL.

He was not out of control, your bias is showing. And even if he was "out of control", that is still controling the tone, again, you are contradicting yourself.

He didn't control the tempo .. interrupting 84 times in 90 minutes isn't 'controling', it's being OUT OF CONTROL. Tempo was the moderators job .. and she failed to keep both the candidates in line with tempo.

I don't think you understand what you are saying, every response of yours is "No he didn't, but he did".

You can't say he didn't control the tempo and then complain about him interrupting and controlling the tempo.

Biden isn't dominating the after debate conversation in any positive fashion .. not even close. The fact checkers are discussing his lies and the talking heads (except the obama shill machine MSNBC) are all commenting on how clownlike Biden acted.

Again, you are claiming he isn't dominating the after debate, and then go on to show how he is dominating the after debate.

Everyone is talking about Joe, no one is talking about that other guy.

Was there even another guy at the debate? All I hear is praise of Biden, hate for Biden, and hate for the moderator.

I love Right Wingers that have trouble admitting reality, it makes their comments very entertaining.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by HostileApostle

Blah blah wrong.

So only Biden told lies last night huh?

I didnt' say that. I was responding to the statements about how wonderful Biden was.
This is, afterall, a left wing pat on the back thread.
If someone wants to post how wonderful Ryan was .. I'd be glad to post some info about how he wasn't.

Biden was definitely rude and laughed way too much. He didn't look "professional" at times. He exaggerated on some statistics. He wasn't extremely off, but not completely precise at times. He may even have been taken as a "bully" at times.
His good points were the quick answers, the authoritative nature of his comments and staying in control of the situation. He won the debate as is reflected in the unscientific opinion polls this morning (since there's not a score card, the majority opinion is what decides who wins and loses and that's not "scientific" but still accurate due to the nature of debates)

There's my criticism of my candidate.

Now let's see some criticism of the losing candidate in the debate from the people who support him

Bet they can't do it

link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You really see this as some kind of football game, don't you?

:shk:

I sincerely hope you are just very young and not an adult.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ryan did lose.

Man up and admit it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Do you understand how polls work???

Wow..... just...... wow

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

You really see this as some kind of football game, don't you?

:shk:

I sincerely hope you are just very young and not an adult.

Nope, I see it as a debate with the result based on public opinion and Biden is the only guy being talked about this morning.... because he WON and Ryan LOST.

What in the world do you see it as????

Probably older, and much more experienced, than you are

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Now let's see some criticism of the losing candidate in the debate from the people who support him

You are asking them for the impossible.

The only thing they are talking about is how mean Biden was, not the fact that Ryan was destroyed last night. Even when they try to deny it, they are still talking about Biden.

Right wingers seem to be incapable of admitting that their guy lost. It reminds me a lot of the Ron Paul supporters. It also reminds me of them claiming that all polls are wrong (until Romney is ahead), and that the BLS numbers are faked (unless they show bad numbers for Obama).

The are just incapable of admitting when they are wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

How exactly did I prove Chitens point when I specifically stated:
There was no debate.

In my opinion, I don't believe it was a debate at all.
Nobody "won" because it was pointless drivel.
Neither person got one single point across.
Biden was just trying to make Ryan look bad.
And I did appreciate his view on the "war".
Ryan couldn't get a word in edge-wise.
Although he did speak more professionally.
I'm not a Repugnican or Denycrat.
At most points in time, I heard "I agree with so and so."
What kind of mockery is that?

I will say this however...
If Biden has such a strong opinion and Ryan doesn't, why didn't Obama "win"?
They are on the same team, right?

Answer: Because its a well orchestrated play to keep the viewers thinking that they have a voice or a choice, when in reality, these elites both just want to keep the distraction rolling for years and years. As long as they get paid.
Neither side is going to do what the American public actually want.
Because the American public is brainwashed into everything these elites want.
Be it more war, taxes, healthcare, "entitlements", or more legislature.
Terrorism is gonna get you, the gov't need to run everything, etc.
Scared sheep.

If either man was a character of strong morals and integrity...
Well, nevermind.

These men have none.

edit on 12-10-2012 by havok because: Clarity

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Probably older, and much more experienced, than you are

Doubtful.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You are asking them for the impossible.

The only thing they are talking about is how mean Biden was, not the fact that Ryan was destroyed last night. Even when they try to deny it, they are still talking about Biden.

Right wingers seem to be incapable of admitting that their guy lost. It reminds me a lot of the Ron Paul supporters. It also reminds me of them claiming that all polls are wrong (until Romney is ahead), and that the BLS numbers are faked (unless they show bad numbers for Obama).

The are just incapable of admitting when they are wrong.

I freely admit that Obama lost the first debate. It was his fault, he didn't make the showing he should have made.

Ryan lost the debate last night, it was his fault. He didn't make the showing he should have made.

The next debate will be very interesting with the "score tied".

I don't know why they can't/won't admit the defeat, they happen. That's a sign of being an extremely sore loser. Come on guys, man up. He lost, now let's move on to the next debate that will be between Obama and Romney.

Come on, admit it.... you know you want to

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Ryan did lose.

Man up and admit it.

Am busy writing my magnum opus on the subject, stay tuned.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

And again, you reiterate my point
.... are you doing this on purpose for comic relief or do you really not see it

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You know I love ya Beez and I'll address it with the dignity it deserves...

but these other guys are crazy!!! Sheeesh, they need to admit the defeat and move on to the next debate

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join