It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

This is your fifth post after you said your third post would be your last.
Are you unable to tell the truth???

LOSE!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
More whining, further proving my point!!

Whining about what? Seriously .. WHAT are you talking about?
Why did you ignore the information I posted on Biden telling lies ..
specifically his lie about Detroit going bankrupt?

P.S. Discussion isn't 'whining' .. it's discussion.
This is pointless ...
OUT

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by PurpleChiten

My humble opinion on the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good question Beez,
In my opinion, the winner of a debate of this nature is determined after a certain number of hours, on the national level, we'll say 12-24, based on the opinion of the majority of the people who viewed the debate.

With that being said, according to the polls, Biden won this debate, although that could change by 9pm tonight, but not likely. Romney won the first debate.

pssst... it won't let just anybody reply in the "Bully Pulpit", not sure what the requirements are for that forum, I've never been there before and it won't let me reply or I would have replied to your thread there

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

More whining, further proving my point!!

Whining about what? Seriously .. WHAT are you talking about?
Why did you ignore the information I posted on Biden telling lies ..
specifically his lie about Detroit going bankrupt?

P.S. Discussion isn't 'whining' .. it's discussion.
This is pointless ...
OUT

sweetie, this thread isn't about the content of the debate, it's about the reaction after the debate. Have you not caught on to that little factoid yet?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This is your fifth post after you said your third post would be your last.
Are you unable to tell the truth???

LOSE!!!

This is one of the reasons we are in such bad shape in the US. Many people, especially egotistical political leaders, only hear (or in this case, read and acknowledge) what they want to hear.

Originally posted by Wolf321
This is my third and final post to this thread in which I will request you offer up some evidence to back your claim.

That was the last post in the thread that I asked for you to provide evidence to support your claim. I knew at that point, because of all the dodging and redirecting you were doing, you never had any intention of supporting your claim.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The only difference that really matters is that one believes the Earth is only 9000 years old, in direct conflict with verifiable scientific proof, while the other side supports modern science and growth of our understanding of the world in which we live.

This is because republican ideas are so inherently backwards, that they require complete, unquestioned loyalty in order to implement them. What better way to control the masses than to use the Bible? If you can gain the vote of the bible thumpers by claiming that the Earth is 9000 years old, nothing else you say matters. You had them @ "I love Jesus".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

According to the fact checkers, pointless drivel was all the Presidential debate was too
So be it! Neither of them can relate to middle and lower income America....and it shall remain pointless until we can elect the COMMON MAN and not the "well-to do" candidates....and this will most likely never occur.
Can someone tell me why a wealthy candidate begets the expertise to "run" this country? Obviously, having money does not imply that person will make the right choices for their country. Money does not buy intelligence, compassion, honor, being benevolent and decisive...all presidential qualities. To me it's vulgar to charge 25,000 dollars per plate to raise money for these unworthy campaigns. Once again, money wasted! So these are my two choices to run my country? Really...is that all there is?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Did Ryan ever make the claim about the Earth being only 9000 years old or are you saying that because he his christian he automatically believes that? I had not heard this claim before.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It's very limited, designed to avoid the partisan back and forth.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It's very limited, designed to avoid the partisan back and forth.

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds great!

Threads like this one definitely wouldn't be allowed over there!! ... and my responses would get me in a LOT of trouble!!

...but in THIS forum, they're right on topic!

Thanks Beeze!

Love ya like a brother from another mother!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
This is my third and final post to this thread in which I will request you offer up some evidence to back your claim.

And now you're up to 7 posts!!

That's just flat out LYING dude!!

....par for the course

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
As an objective observer (Repub voting third party) I agree that Biden won. It wasn't pretty, but all that smiling and interrupting really didn't bother me at all. In fact, I saw them both doing it , and I expected it. I didn't think they were going to sit there, stiff as boards and not argue with one another.

Most independents I talk to, people with no dog in the fight, see that Biden won. It's totally true that it seems the libs were able to admit defeat while the right is having a tough time with it. Though, Ryan did a much better job than Obama.

I don't think it matters much though, because they both were full of crap. More lies after lies. I wonder if next debate our "leaders" will discuss things that truly matter - like the fact that more US soldiers have died by their own hand than have been killed on the battlefield in Afghanistan, or the fact that the $700 trillion derivative bubble that popped around '08 is the real reason for most of our economic problems, especially unemployment.

Nah.. That would ruin the show. Johnson 2012

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
As an objective observer (Repub voting third party) I agree that Biden won. It wasn't pretty, but all that smiling and interrupting really didn't bother me at all. In fact, I saw them both doing it , and I expected it. I didn't think they were going to sit there, stiff as boards and not argue with one another.

Most independents I talk to, people with no dog in the fight, see that Biden won. It's totally true that it seems the libs were able to admit defeat while the right is having a tough time with it. Though, Ryan did a much better job than Obama.

I don't think it matters much though, because they both were full of crap. More lies after lies. I wonder if next debate our "leaders" will discuss things that truly matter - like the fact that more US soldiers have died by their own hand than have been killed on the battlefield in Afghanistan, or the fact that the $700 trillion derivative bubble that popped around '08 is the real reason for most of our economic problems, especially unemployment.

Nah.. That would ruin the show. Johnson 2012

Excellent, intelligent response.... be careful, folks like you could pove my original hypothesis wrong!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

OK, this came to light in an extreme way last night.

When Obama lost the first Presidential debate, the Democrats' reactions were "He really blew it" and went on with reasons why he did so. ...reasons focused on HIM, not on the opponent, not on the moderator, not on light being in his eyes...

When Ryan lost the VP debate, the Republicans' reactions were "the moderator was against him, Biden laughed too much, blah blah this, blah blah that". Never, not once admitting that Ryan got his butt handed to him on a platter.

Come on, at least admit it when you lose and focus on what your candidate could do better instead of realizing it when you lose but trying to cover it up by attacking the other side with anyhting and everything you can.

You want the most extreme form of honesty? It's admitting when you lost. Democrats admitted Obama lost the first Presidential debate because he did. Republicans are having trouble admitting Ryan lost the VP debate even though it's EXTREMELY obvious that he did. Come on folks, man up and take it in stride.

I need to reign it in a little because I'm having entirely too much fun...

This was the original post. It wasn't about who won or lost, it was about the reaction after the debate.
You can see that people pick a side and defend that side to the point that they don't even remember what the original statement was.

I think my hypothesis has been supported by this thread.

....and sorry for being downright obnoxious, it was necessary to prove my point (at least to myself anyway, in testing my hypothesis.... come on, the Sheldon avatar should have given it away
)

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Okay, now I am watching Bloomberg just to see what they have to say. They had a commentator give an opinion piece and her opinion is that the debate was a draw that will not sway the election results one way or the other. That is coming from Bloomberg my friend...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Okay, now I am watching Bloomberg just to see what they have to say. They had a commentator give an opinion piece and her opinion is that the debate was a draw that will not sway the election results one way or the other. That is coming from Bloomberg my friend...

We will see who people trust to run the country in the first week of November.

Regardless of what Bloomberg my friend or FOX News has to say about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
ummm the experiment is over, you don't have to keep providing data

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
THIS is how you KNOW Biden lost the debate. All the news of today is about how Biden acted in the debate-not what he said, but how he said it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hey Perp, I am a regestered Dem and even I dont think that Paul Ryan blew the debate. I would say that they were pretty equal and its harder this time to pick a definate winner.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

sad but true

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join