It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You are not going to get many people who recognize and understand much less will admit this because the tactic is to repeat a few phrases that will linger on the ears and hope no body asks you to follow up with facts. That is what Ryan did last night. I also noticed him trying so ineffectively to make people consider Joe's advanced age compared to himself but that strategy backfired terribly. Ryan looks sophomoric and inexperienced and sounded that way too. He was also caught in more than a few lies and flip flops while the worst Ryan could throw at Joe was the joke about his gaffs which I think Joe handled expertly. When Ryan tried to claim Romneys 47% remark was simply a poor choice of words Joe fired back ...Yes, but I mean what I say and so does Romney.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by texasgirl

I was interested in hearing both sides and their responses to the questions but I ended up becoming irritated with Joe's laughing, smirking and interrupting whenever Ryan tried to respond. It was very distracting.

I don't think either side won and polls are all over the place, some saying Biden won and some saying Ryan won.

What polls are saying Ryan won? I'd like to see the sources as I have not seen any (other than the polls from about 5-10 minutes immediately following before everyone who was going to "vote" voted)...of course that's more of an indication of people trying to make it into something it isn't and the "paid shill brigade" (not paid in actual money, just in more brainwashing vouchers) that immediately click the polls for a certain side regardless of the outcome.

...up to date polls of course, not polls from last night immediately following the debate by a few seconds

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

CNN this morning shows Rying winning by 48% to Biden's 44%. It's a narrow margin, for sure.

No it doesn't, link to it.
There's one that was posted at 11:25 pm, that was last night, less than an hour after the debate was over when only the republicans were worried about running to click on polls.
Just like I said, UP TO DATE, that means this morning, after the shills have gone to bed and are still sleeping in so we can see what the majority of the actual public thinks opposed to what those who have no job or family to take care of think

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

www.dailycaller.com...

www.examiner.com...

I am not saying Paul Ryan won, only that polls were all over the place. Here are the links you asked for. Also, just turn on your TV to CNN if you don't believe it. CNN said this TODAY.
edit on 12-10-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Okay then, what up to date poll are you going by that states Biden won? I mean if you're going to demand links to up to date polling information shouldn't the same standard be applied to yourself?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Do you not realize you just 100% proved the OPs point?

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses.

That's all I'm hearing today.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

What facts would you like to know about?

Biden interupted Ryan and the moderator in excess of 60 times?
Bidden was absolutely disrespectful of ryan and once again even the moderator for the entire debate for the most part?
Bidden didn't actually answer a single question possed to him?
Ryan made several really good points and staements?
Bidden was his characteristic tool self the entire time, laughing and being generally rude to everything his opponent said?

I mean exactly where would you like me to begin?

Once again please accuse me of being a republican, I would love to post links to the many times on these forums I have been anything but. I am no republican or democrat. I am an American, in it only for America and what I believe is best for all of us. Not beating my party's drum like yourself, who have been partisan in all of your resposes thus far.

How does one make a point about what they see someone doing wrong by "pointing out what their opponent does well"? Your words not mine.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Posted 11:25 last night, not up to date at all, just as I said.
That was the result of the republicans running to click links to try to claim he won when he didn't.

Now link to an up to date poll that claims the lies you are trying to spread

Did you link to an up-to-date poll supporting your claims that Biden won?

I didn't watch the debate, but I overheard some of it. I already know where both men stand on issues and policies, but by sheer demeanor and presentation, it sounded like Ryan was doing better.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
reply to post by texasgirl

Do you mean this poll?

Who do you think fared better in the vice presidential debate?

Biden 63% 13064
Ryan 37% 7831

Total votes: 20895

www.cnn.com...

Where are you getting these numbers? I can't find it on the link you provided. These stories are saying the same thing I posted. Was this a poll on the Foreign Affairs segment? If so, then I agree with these numbers because Biden was more experienced and knowledgeable on it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

www.dailycaller.com...

www.examiner.com...

I am not saying Paul Ryan won, only that polls were all over the place. Here are the links you asked for. Also, just turn on your TV to CNN if you don't believe it. CNN said this TODAY.
edit on 12-10-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

Again, look at the time stamps, they're pretty darn important. A poll taken 10 minutes before the debate is even over isn't much of an indicator of who won, it's an indicator of who is watching the debate while online.

Find polls, done AFTER the debate, not before or during it, if you want to show how people feel about the outcome of the debate.

What is it about this that's so darn difficult??

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Thanks, I was wondering where she pulled those numbers from too. I couldn't find it anywhere on the link provided.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Again (for the umpteenth time), instead of trying to support your candidate, you are attacking the other candidate.

Here's your chance, support your candidate, what did he do right? Give us the quotes, we're all ears?

What's that? OHHHHH they "cheated him"... yeah.... right....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Again, why don't YOU provide a link to polling that states Biden won. An up to date poll, please. Your argumentative behavior makes you seem just as condescending and belligerent as Biden was towards Ryan last night.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by inverslyproportional

Again (for the umpteenth time), instead of trying to support your candidate, you are attacking the other candidate.

Here's your chance, support your candidate, what did he do right? Give us the quotes, we're all ears?

What's that? OHHHHH they "cheated him"... yeah.... right....

Where are your quotes? You're demanding them of us but I don't see you offering up anything to actually start an intelligent debate. All I see from you so far is supposition and condescension.

Actually, what I'm seeing from you is nothing but pure political trolling. Which I believe is against the T&C.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Cabalis because: ETA: Just because

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Notice I said absolutely nothing about polls or quotes in the OP, but when THEY are asked to support what THEY are claiming, they try to turn it around. Again, they can't face the fact that they lost.... such a shame

Here are mine

www.bing.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What I saw during the debate was a disgraceful display of disrespect and lack of statesmanship on the part of the Vice President of the United States.

And what I see now is a a disgraceful display of gleeful support for the behavior.

I no longer see how this administration is ANY different than the last one.

Years ago I railed about the Bush administration and how they were placing us upon a path of destruction by their manner of opposition. In fact, I railed about this even BEFORE Bush. It really began during the Star Report, during Clinton's last term.

It all makes me want to vomit.

:shk:

Don't bother responding to my post. I understand your view well enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Where are you getting these numbers? I can't find it on the link you provided.

It is on the home page of CNN in the far right column close to the bottom of the page.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

You're still not comprehending...

What did you see from YOUR candidate during the debate? What did YOUR candidate do that you either supported or didn't support?

That's what this is about. Focus on YOUR candidate instead of just attacking anyone who isn't YOUR candidate and trying to make excuses about how they're picking on YOUR candidate. Take some personal responsibility for a change instead of whining and crying.

When Obama lost the Presidential debate, we said "he didn't do well, he lost". Now that Ryan has lost the VP debate, it's 'oh, they cheated him", or "they did this, they did that...".

MAN UP! He lost, plain and simple, admit it already

Sheesh

such sore losers

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I will try one more time: (This is dated October 12 at 8:30am)

www.jsonline.com...

CNN's scientific poll shows what I stated.

Again, turn your TV on to CNN and they are saying AT THIS MOMENT that Ryan won by 48% to Biden's 44%. You are asking for the CNN proof. I have been trying to provide it for you.

Once more, I am NOT saying Ryan won. I believe it was split. They BOTH fudged their facts; it's what politicians do.

I did find that it was CBS who had it in Biden's camp with that 51% to 30% win.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

What I saw during the debate was a disgraceful display of disrespect and lack of statesmanship on the part of the Vice President of the United States.

I just don't understand how people keep proving the OP's point over and over and not even realize it.

The OP called you guys out for blaming Biden or the moderator for Ryan's poor performance. You aren't even trying to claim Ryan did well, you are just crying that Biden was too mean to him.

Well guess what, Ryan needs to put on his big boy pants and stop pouting (his supporters too). This is the real world, no kids gloves and no coddling.

If Ryan and Romney are going to cry about Biden being too aggressive and being to mean to Ryan, how are they going to deal with tough world leaders?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Where are you getting these numbers? I can't find it on the link you provided.

It is on the home page of CNN in the far right column close to the bottom of the page.

They're not capable of reading things like words and stuff

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by loam

I just don't understand how people keep proving the OP's point over and over and not even realize it.

The OP called you guys out for blaming Biden or the moderator for Ryan's poor performance. You aren't even trying to claim Ryan did well, you are just crying that Biden was too mean to him.

Well guess what, Ryan needs to put on his big boy pants and stop pouting (his supporters too). This is the real world, no kids gloves and no coddling.

If Ryan and Romney are going to cry about Biden being too aggressive and being to mean to Ryan, how are they going to deal with tough world leaders?

Thank goodness somebody sees it!!! I was beginning to worry

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join