It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates show another difference in Democrats and Republicans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Let's analyze your answers,

You mean .. put the real facts of the situation through your far left filter.

Translation:

You mean ... put what was really said through your far left filter.
What I said stands on it's own. No 'translation' needed.

And even if he was "out of control", that is still controling the tone, again, you are contradicting yourself.

You don't understand what 'out of control means'. When Biden was out of control he was NOT CONTROLLING ANYTHING. Out of control means just that .. out of control.

You can't say he didn't control the tempo and then complain about him interrupting and controlling the tempo.

That's really what you get out of reading what I posted?
I've said it many times before and it looks like I'll have to say it again .. you only see what you want to see. I said that Biden and Ryan were not in a controlled tempo and the moderator, who was supposed to control the tempo, failed to do so. There was no 'tempo control' going on by ANYONE. It was a mess. If you want to give your buddy Biden credit for his poor behavior creating a mess .. go ahead. But the truth is that the 'tempo' was under the control of the moderator and she wasn't doing a good job.

Again, you are claiming he isn't dominating the after debate, and then go on to show how he is dominating the after debate.

You don't read very well .. do you? Go back and read again. I said he wasn't dominating the after debate discussion in ANY POSITIVE MANNER. Nearly everything being said about Biden this morning is about his snarky bad behavior and the comments are not positive. That's NOT dminating the after debate discussion in a positive manner. Like I said .. it's a car wreck and everyone slows down to rubberneck and look at the mess.

Again .. the far left complains that the far right is blind ... but

edit on 10/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Again.
I declared no winner.
My own opinion.

You have no point.
But you do have quite a massive ego.

I won't say who won because in my eyes there was no debate, i.e. no winner.
Exactly where is "your point" in that phrase?
(My thinking is that your point being your man won)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by beezzer

You know I love ya Beez and I'll address it with the dignity it deserves...

but these other guys are crazy!!! Sheeesh, they need to admit the defeat and move on to the next debate

If there was a defeat, I'd be right there demanding a mea culpa!

But there wasn't.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I would say I did a more than adequate job a pointing out the shortcomings of "my guy" as you said. Though it is easy as he isn't "my guy" as you said.

I don't think either is going to do anything but screw us all as much as possible at every single turn.

Your guy, is the worst president I have ever seen, and his running mate is by far the most "# sandwich" candidate to ever be a VP.

Just come out and say the truth " I love Obama, and everything he does I will support, no matter the situation" as this is the direction your replies and tone imply.

Your hypocrytical resposes are just silly, you are taking part in the exact same behavior you are accusing ( quite badly and incorrectly) others of.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

This thread is really just an exercise in futility.

It isn't really filled with very many honest brokers, imo.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by whywhynot

Do you understand how polls work???

Wow..... just...... wow

Totally understand polls, the one you point to is not scientific. Even left leaning CNN knows the truth and reported it, you just don't like the truth. Face it, your laughing boy lost.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I agree, Obama lost because he was way too passive and way too detached.

Ryan lost because he was called out on his lies and couldn't counter when Biden called him. All Ryan would do is kind of whine to the moderator "this is what you do when you can't run on your record, you attack the other side....whaa". Ryan was made to look like a very inexperienced and out of place little kid.

It's hilarious that not ONE right winger on here can just man up and admit that Ryan did in fact lose.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Please tell me why you think it's extremely obvious that Ryan lost. Some of us came up with polls that showed Ryan won and polls that showed Biden won. Okay, so CNN poll shows the votes from last night but this morning on TV they are sticking by it. Other polls say Biden won. What will we find out a few days from now when it's all updated? Who knows. I never said Ryan won.

Just tell me why it's OBVIOUS Ryan lost. I am seeing they both lied, Joe laughed and interrupted Ryan, and neither of them got into much detail about their policies.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
By the way, Purple...

I am extremely against choosing sides because division creates chaos.
Which is a great reason why I would say who "won", had I actually watched a debate.
I would stand up for the person who actually won the debate, from either side.

But I didn't.
I watched a poor excuse for a mock-up sitcom/variety show labelled a "debate".

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you understand that every post you have made has soley talked about Biden?

That is kind of my point.

No mention of that "other guy" that you support, just all about Biden.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I agree, Obama lost because he was way too passive and way too detached.

Ryan lost because he was called out on his lies and couldn't counter when Biden called him. All Ryan would do is kind of whine to the moderator "this is what you do when you can't run on your record, you attack the other side....whaa". Ryan was made to look like a very inexperienced and out of place little kid.

It's hilarious that not ONE right winger on here can just man up and admit that Ryan did in fact lose.

Perhaps it is because laughing boy lost badly based on poor form.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I agree whole-heartedly.

Seems like this thread failed to convey a good point 5 pages ago.

And I like to read Purple's comments about most subjects.
Just can't see where this argument is headed.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

I would say I did a more than adequate job a pointing out the shortcomings of "my guy" as you said. Though it is easy as he isn't "my guy" as you said.

I don't think either is going to do anything but screw us all as much as possible at every single turn.

Your guy, is the worst president I have ever seen, and his running mate is by far the most "# sandwich" candidate to ever be a VP.

Just come out and say the truth " I love Obama, and everything he does I will support, no matter the situation" as this is the direction your replies and tone imply.

Your hypocrytical resposes are just silly, you are taking part in the exact same behavior you are accusing ( quite badly and incorrectly) others of.

You just aren't getting it....

first I'll say that Obama isn't "my guy", my guy was Clinton and I still support the Big Dawg.

With that said, it has nothing to do with who you do or don't support or what policies you do or don't support. The OP is about the fact that Ryan lost the debate. All the opinion polls and news sources today say he did. Whether that's the opinion you support or not doesn't matter, it's the majority opinion and with debates, just like elections, it's the majority opinion that counts.

Plain and simple, according to the American Public, Ryan lost the debate. The question is, why is it so hard for people to admit it and start working toward the next debate? That's what this thread is about. It's not about making excuses or rubbing it in (although I've enjoyed rubbing it in...hey, I'm just as "juvenile" as the next guy
), it's about admitting what happened.

According to the American Public's opinion, the majority, a LARGE majority based on the updated opinion polls, say that Biden won, Ryan lost. Why is it so difficult for the Ryan supporters to admit it?

Obama lost the first debate, Ryan lost the second debate. Somebody's gonna lose the third debate and we'll be seeing who that someone is very, very soon.

It's like arguing that the score of the Super Bowl was wrong or something. It's done, it's over, Ryan lost. Admit it and move on

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by loam

I agree whole-heartedly.

Seems like this thread failed to convey a good point 5 pages ago.

And I like to read Purple's comments about most subjects.
Just can't see where this argument is headed.

The point is, instead of admitting defeat, they're trying to make excuses.
Just plain and simple.
Based on the majority opinion of the American Public, Ryan lost the debate. Doesn't matter how, doesn't matter why, he lost. They won't admit that and it seems to be a pattern.

....of course I'm rubbing it in a lot too and that's keeping them upset

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

1 - Because this is a thread about BIDEN and about the left patting themselves on the back.
2 - Talking about how he messed up is NOT a positive thing.
You don't get that basic fact, do you?

No mention of that "other guy" that you support,

You really should stop telling that lie. I voted absentee for Gary Johnson. :shk:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Actually let's get technical for a second.
Your Title and thread OP is about "the debate showing differences" from both parties.
To which I might say, really? No kidding.
YOU turned it into a win/lose thread by continually instigating an argument.

But whatever. It's your thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I don't see where your comming from with your "all the polls show Ryan lost" comments, as all the polls don't show that, period.

The entire basis of your OP is dumb, as it is absed off of the unproven assumption the ryan lost.

"A majority of Americans" as you say couldn't have been polled, not to mention haven't even had a chance to be polled in the less than 12 hours since the debate, the fact is, most Americans didn't even watch it, and most couldn't care less about it. So where is the tis "majority of Americans" your talking about ?

Your claims all seem to stem from the "Obama lost the last debate and I admitted it, now you guys need to admit my guy won so I can rationalise it as a tie overall so my tiny little ego can feel like it wasn't on the losing side" my words not yours.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

OK, this came to light in an extreme way last night.

When Obama lost the first Presidential debate, the Democrats' reactions were "He really blew it" and went on with reasons why he did so. ...reasons focused on HIM, not on the opponent, not on the moderator, not on light being in his eyes...

When Ryan lost the VP debate, the Republicans' reactions were "the moderator was against him, Biden laughed too much, blah blah this, blah blah that". Never, not once admitting that Ryan got his butt handed to him on a platter.

Come on, at least admit it when you lose and focus on what your candidate could do better instead of realizing it when you lose but trying to cover it up by attacking the other side with anyhting and everything you can.

You want the most extreme form of honesty? It's admitting when you lost. Democrats admitted Obama lost the first Presidential debate because he did. Republicans are having trouble admitting Ryan lost the VP debate even though it's EXTREMELY obvious that he did. Come on folks, man up and take it in stride.

Some are even blindly claiming Ryan did better than he actually did. If you can't face reality, how is anyone going to take you seriously?? ... makes me want to laugh at you like Biden laughed at Ryan

Republican mind set: If you can't say something nice about your candidate, then attack the other candidate.

edit on 12-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

Ryan won the debate last night. Biden had too much to drink.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

1 - Because this is a thread about BIDEN and about the left patting themselves on the back.

Actually no, it's not.
I know it's not because I authored the thread and I know exactly what it's about.

It's about a group of people who are unable to admit defeat. According to the majority of Americans who responded, Biden won the debate and Ryan lost the debate. Yet those who are extremist are unable to admit that.

It was hard for me to admit that Obama lost the first debate, not because I'm all that crazy about Obama, but he did represent "my side" and it was hard to say he lost. Yet, I did admit it, Obama lost the debate.

Last night, Ryan lost the debate. Until those who support him or his side are able to admit that, they can't move forward. They can't be trusted and they are doing severe damage to their own cause.

You don't have to "like it", but you do have to admit it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

2 - Talking about how he messed up is NOT a positive thing.
You don't get that basic fact, do you?

No mention of that "other guy" that you support,

You really should stop telling that lie. I voted absentee for Gary Johnson. :shk:

This thread is about he Vice Presidential debate.

The fact that you think this entire thread is about Biden just proves my point that Biden dominated the debate.

And once you stop being a fanboy of Romney/Ryan, I'll stop believing you support them. Have you ever said one negative thing about them? All I see you do is defend them and attack Obama. Forgive me if I don't believe your absentee claim, you swoon over Romney/Ryan too much for me to believe that. How about you go make a thread of your support of Gary Johnson?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join