It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Keep trying, but Ryan lost this one.

Just look at the two sides responses.

The Left is loving Biden and are just pumped how he destroyed Ryan.

The Right is crying about the moderator.

And look at the campaign responses, Obama's campaign is all smiles and full of energy. Romney's is just complaining about Biden and the Moderator.

link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

Biden is the empty suit Obama the empty chair....Hand over fist
this man just lost his job.. Biden has no style at all.

Biden lied about social security, the wars, and made up
stuff as he went... He is a shell, we can't allow this man
to be second in command.....

Too bad, he's already second in command and will remain there for 4 more years

link   
Just reading the transcript it would be 60/40 in favor of Biden. But watching the debate I have to deduct for Bidens extremely poor behavior and smirking, and make it a tie. The fact checkers could change my mind. I'm sure tomorrow they'll pull apart both of them.

link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Well, if I may say... I thought it was a pretty good debate, and it'd be pretty hard to call a winner in this one, from my perspective. Visually, Biden could have done a better job at containing himself throughout, but still I found little fault with anything he said.

Ryan pulled the "I know someone who this and that" card a lot, in attempts to relate to those with certain struggles, I was unsurprised and unimpressed with this technique. It's certainly not new.

For me, this debate had zero impact on who I will support for the next President.

link   

He is a shell, we can't allow this man
to be second in command.....
You didnt get the Memo..

Biden IS second in Command.

Try to keep up.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I haven't read any of your comments or opinions yet. I watched on CNN and am still watching the comments afterwards. I don't see any clear win for either side.

That being said, I agree with the CNN pundits who immediately stated that Biden was rude with interruptions and that awful smirk. I felt he came across as disrespectful and I was annoyed by him on numerous occasions. I was surprised at Ryan's performance. He kept his cool and he came across as more presidential.

However all of the antics aside, the ability to articulate their positions was overall equal and I feel laid out the clear differences between the two candidates.

For me, no clear winner.

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
FoxNews is now attacking the moderator for Ryan's bad performance.

Is this news, or comedy?

This was a complete hit job facilitated by the moderator. Biden was allowed to ramble on, make faces, snicker, he interrupted NUMEROUS times, lie, disrupt, etc. The mod watched as Biden ran the show.

Anybody with any intellectual honesty will admit that this biotch was in the tank AS I POINTED OUT SHE MIGHT BE in THIS THREAD that I was flamed in.

Eat crow!! You KNOW Ryan got double teamed!

link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
It's funny, if Ryan had been the one winning and acted the exact same way that Biden acted, the republicans would be praising him and giving him virtual high-fives. But, since he lost, not only lost, but got his butt handed to him on a platter, they're all upset and angry over how Biden was viewed in their eyes

They were just praising Romney last week for being aggressive, talking over Obama, and being snarky.

Now all of a sudden, that is not Presidential. It's hilarious.

With all due respect, Romney was aggressive but still polite. Romney had a calm confidence that Ryan and Biden were lacking in this debate. There is a world of difference in Biden & Romney's style.
edit on 10/11/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by loam
Five minutes after the debate and its clear many were were put off by Biden's approach.

Biden didn't close the deal with the undecideds, imo.

That's the key point, right there!

Both sides will say their guy won.

But those in the middle?

I watched most of the debate. Both did a good job, Ryan, imho, did a better job. Did it sway the undecideds though?

If it were a wash, then the Romney/Ryan team still won the night.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by popcornmafia

Biden came off as a cranky old man... Smeary, rude, and very jerkish..
No way he won... He did not dominate this debate at all
Sarah Palin even outsmarted biden last time around....
Biden was not beating up on a women tonight...
He just lost his VP spot..

I love how the right can't admit when they lose.

I admit it, last week Obama lost.

It's hilarious that the right wing just can't admit when they lost.

The VP debate is important.. Not as important as the presidential
debates, but they only get one shot...

Biden looked like a pompous ass to most everyone,
not presidential at all... It was sad seeing him loose it
like that,, I saw blood vessels pulsing, pumping outside his head
his temples were pounding from the face lift Ryan just gave him..

edit on 11-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)
'

You're just mad because Joe refuted all of Ryan's 17 pathological lies

link   
I think Ryan only got it over on Biden on Syria, he was correct and seemed genuine there. As for the rest, Biden trounced him for all the lies the Romney campaign has launched. Biden shouldn't have laughed so much but amounts to not too much, it will be the only thing Fox and the Right talk about for the next few days... the rest of the country will talking about the lies of the Romney campaign.

Biden wins hands down.

link   
Proverbs 29:9

If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.

That how I viewed it and Biden gave me a headache. We old timers have a word for his behaviour. "He's a pill". Now I need one for my head.

link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
My synopsis after two debates:

-Romney won the first by a big margin, and the following polls showed an overreacttion to the win.

-Biden won the second by a small margin, and the next polls will show some retraction in Romney's gains.

By the end of the next two debates, Romney's gains will be mostly wiped. The debates will have accounted for not much at all, but a small boost for Romney.

As has always been the case, the election will be decided primarily by who wins Florida, Virginia and Ohio. I believe Penn. is pretty safe for Obama. Romney was as close in Michigan as he'll get this week, he won't win there. Wisconsin is a bit more a toss up, not quite as important as the first three.

Obama will still probably win this election.

Actually, I thought that Biden won the debate by as large a margin if not larger than Romney debated Obama.
Biden is a master speaker, I love audio, drama in audio, I love Biden's passion, I truly think he sets a fine example of the way a vice president should be. If you came across wimpy, that just doesn't wash when you dealing with terrorists, they don't know the meaning of wimpy.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, guess we will know in the next few days how the undecided took this debate (and the undecided are not morons, as one person suggested)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
FoxNews is now attacking the moderator for Ryan's bad performance.

Is this news, or comedy?

This was a complete hit job facilitated by the moderator. Biden was allowed to ramble on, make faces, snicker, he interrupted NUMEROUS times, lie, disrupt, etc. The mod watched as Biden ran the show.

Anybody with any intellectual honesty will admit that this biotch was in the tank AS I POINTED OUT SHE MIGHT BE in THIS THREAD that I was flamed in.

Eat crow!! You KNOW Ryan got double teamed!

Biden did run the show, because Ryan has to defend Romney's flip flopping temporary policies.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
May I suggest that it doesn't matter who "won" the debate?

I believe what matters is whether the debater accomplished his goal. What was Ryan's goal? I suspect it was to look serious and competent and acceptable to a good share of voters. His job was not to lose people in reams of data and analysis, but to get across some points and look less wonkish. I think he did that.

Biden's goal was to win back as many of the undecideds that Obama lost, as possible. From the comments, it doesn't look like he succeeded. He did help to encourage the base, but even there we see too many comments along the lines of "Why couldn't he be the candidate instead of Obama?" And for the undecideds? That smile and condescending attitude will hurt a little.

My conclusion? Biden wins a Pyrrhic victory.

link   
I'm seeing a lot of sour grapes from the Right, on here and on Fox News.

Nothing says "we lost" like crying about things being unfair for their side.

link   
I thought the moderator did a much better job this time around. Fair, she seemed impartial, and grabed back the debate and kept it on course and agenda.

I still believe Ryan was not relaxed enough, came across as rehearsed... not spontaneous. And lacked details.

Biden seemed informed and sincere. As for his smirkiness and snide remarks... some may be put off by these actions... not appealing to me, but not a deal breaker.

If Biden was running for President, I might reconsider... but Obama is President and so I will not ever, never, ever vote for that man. Hillary has a bigger pair than Obama.

link   
Reposting alternateuniverse's cnbc poll link:

www.cnbc.com...

I voted neither

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by ANNED
Ryan wins this one

Biden came off as a pompous ass just like many democrats.

Ryan got his nuts cut off.
Joe got Ryan to admit that he sent a letter, ASKING FOR STIMULUS

What a fiery hypocrite, got handed

You meant to say "got handled"?

Biden mopped the floor with Ryan.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join