It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate Discussion Thread

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

That's because your premise is wrong.

Palin proved this.

link   

Originally posted by loam
Interesting comments I'm hearing about Ryan... He's come off as polite to many apparently.

IMHO Obama was too polite. Gloves off. And the kids should leave. I mean Ryan.

link   
reply to post by loam

You have a good point here. It does seem Biden's laughing and jeering is one of the top topics of conversation on various news sites. It was also the first thing of notice to those posting in this thread. That says something. It should not have been something important, but it became a distraction. It seemed to show he had no respect for Ryan, and was demeaning him. To most people, that is unprofessional and a turnoff.

link   
reply to post by Destinyone

If you go by a barometer of what happened with Obama and MSNBC, & Chris Mathews, Chris Mathews thought Obama should of been more forthcoming. Not so tonight, Chris mentioned that he thought Biden easily won the debate scoring in favor of Taxes, Medicare and Abortion. He emphasized that the Catholic church does not have the right to dictate what other religions and people do with their own bodies.

I was much more impressed with Biden in relation to Obama's speech. Not that Obama was bad, he was just was too polite. Romney wasn't mr. niceguy, neither should Obama. It is a debate after all.

I was very impressed with Biden and his great example of the way a vice president should be, especially in a world of terrorism.
edit on 11-10-2012 by thetiler because: spelling

edit on 11-10-2012 by thetiler because: (no reason given)

link   
IMO,

Ryan's lack of experience showed in places and he was hurt by his inability to set anything in stone. That is unfortuantely something any incumbent has do deal with.

Biden showed experience, but lacked a level of maturity that I feel should not be shown by any world leader, even during a debate.

I also disliked the mod for this debate, she did not maintain control of the discussion and allowed repeated interruptions, mostly by Biden, but Ryan did several times as well.

Overall, I think the debate helped Obama, but I don't see a clear win for either side. Just my opinion, of course.

link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
Biden has been given more time this whole debate..

The mod is letting him speak over ryan and get the last word...

This martha lady is a terrible moderator... I can imagine what
her wedding obamma was at...

Would of love to have heard her toast..

Back biting her own husband, mother, and father,,,

Ryan was on key to the point and didnt act like a rude old man
he did a damn good job..

Ryan wins this one

What did I just read?
Can anyone translate this?

link   
Since he's only about 50 miles from me, I wonder if Biden would like to come over for coffee... or beer....

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well, as a Republican voting for Gary Johnson, my humble opinion:

I'd give the edge in this debate to Biden. Both him and Ryan are full of so much bull# it was coming out their ears. Biden seemed more confident in his lies, but Ryan did a good job keeping up with him. They all belong in Hollywood.

And again, no specifics from the right. Really all they are running on is Obama's awful record. And the Dems are just running on a defense, no specifics on what they will do the next four years. What happened to true political debate? Where are the specifics?

Neither are willing to discuss the real problems this country faces. They both have an agenda. Same as the people who support these idiots.

If this election is any clue, we are so screwed no matter whose in the Oval Office in January.

link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Biden came off as a cranky old man... Smeary, rude, and very jerkish..
No way he won... He did not dominate this debate at all
Sarah Palin even outsmarted biden last time around....
Biden was not beating up on a women tonight...
He just lost his VP spot..

I love how the right can't admit when they lose.

I admit it, last week Obama lost.

It's hilarious that the right wing just can't admit when they lost.

link   
I'm watching the FoxNews post-coverage and they have already had to edit coverage to make Ryan seem more plausible.

I love propaganda, and these guys are pushing it hard.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Five minutes after the debate and its clear many were were put off by Biden's approach.

Biden didn't close the deal with the undecideds, imo.

VP debates aren't about undecideds.

Sheesh, I already told you this once.

Few undecided at this point is informed enough to be swayed by the VPs.

Biden got the job done, he will fire up the base, and that is all that was needed after the first debate.

And people complaining about Biden's attitude just shows that they know that Ryan lost and they can only attack that Biden beat the crap of him too much.

Biden came off as a cranky old man... Smeary, rude, and very jerkish..
No way he won... He did not dominate this debate at all
Sarah Palin even outsmarted biden last time around....
Biden was not beating up on a women tonight...
He just lost his VP spot..

link   
Biden talked circles around Ryan.

link   
Biden apparently is still keeping the "deflect & confuse" game going....
(Probably just "following orders" from the "bureau")

Biden contradicts State Department on Benghazi security

Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn't aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night's debate, contradicting three State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.

"We weren't told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security there," Biden said.

In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.

"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer, Eric Nordstrom, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb] ‘You cannot request an SST extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway. ......

:shk: pdf copies

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) released the unclassified cables containing those requests.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

he did a damn good job..

Ryan wins this one

What did I just read?

Sure... It says "blah blah blah... he whipped my candidate and I'm mad about it... blah, blah, blah"

link   

That's because your premise is wrong.

Palin proved this.

I guess you are right, Palin lost McCain the election.

So people will run away from a VP choice if they are as dumb as Palin.

link   
I don't appreciate how biden sits there with a smirk on his face and then half laughs when ryan is discussing the american citizens killed in libya. I thought it was very disrespectful and then he proceeds to flat out lie about the intelligence community and place the blame on them. They knew DAYS before the attack happened that it was in the works, requested tighter security at the embassy and the administration denied it. "The intelligence community told us from the get go it was a protest".

What a joke. They were the ones that told you to watch your ass over there and you dismissed it.

link   

I don't have a transcript to give examples, and I'm not smart enough to memorize every detail

It is just my opinion that I came out of most questions feeling that Ryan had answered the question to my satisfaction. I am probably more like an average person and may not understand all of the intricacies of everything in the world, so I was not stating my opinion as an expert fact. It was just my opinion as a person who tries to keep up on things, and wants to know what is going on.

link   

lol wat?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Oh my god, quit your crying about the moderator.

Biden has been given more time this whole debate

Biden 41:32
Ryan 40:12

Seriously, how many more excuses can you make?

And then you go ahead and say Ryan won anyway, too funny.

Um..those aren't the numbers I just heard...

Let me find an actual source.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

he did a damn good job..

Ryan wins this one

What did I just read?

There was a report that the moderator might be lenient on Biden, because Obama came to her wedding. She did not seem lenient, and I personally liked the moderator. Both sides got about the same time to speak, which was amazing to me. It was one minute apart, out of 90 minutes, in favor of Biden, I believe. Pretty much a wash.

Obvious partisanship post, but, honestly it is to be expected in a political discussion.

Now, if you were being silly, which I suppose you were. I did laugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join