It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October surprise: US and Israel prepare to strike Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Unless the USA plans on a large scale thermonuclear war, they cannot even do this. They can't take out these hardened facilities, unless they use multiple large nuclear weaponry.

If the US does this, there will be severe retaliation by Iran. The idea that the US can drop in multiple large scale nuclear bombs on Iran, which is REQUIRED to "take out" these hardened facilities, and that there will be "no civilian casualties" and "no retaliation" from Iran is absolutely insane.

This is crazier talk than what went on leading up to the Iraq invasion.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

That lunatic Netanyahu can hop in front of a live camera and say, "during the month of October, we will jointly, with the US (and by that I mean, watch while the US acts), strike Iran's nuclear facilities, turning half of the middle east into a toxic wasteland", and I would still be extremely surprised if it happened. At least 6 presidential elections in a row now I've heard of an October surprise. Currently: 0 for 6.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword
reply to post by SplitInfinity

LOL so Iranian people want US and Israel to destroy their currency, electricity, schools, hospitals, manufacturing.

And to install a puppet government AGAIN.
Please in the future keep in mind not everyone reading your posts is a Fool

edit on 13-10-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

Right now...the ONLY thing that is preventing Israel from Bombing Iranian Nuclear Sites is the UNITED STATES! It has already been decided that the current Iranian Regime will be removed. Also...the U.S. Military KNOWS that the only SAFE AND EFFECTIVE WAY of dealing with multiple Iranian Nuclear Sites...and we know where they all are...is for these sites to be carefully dismantled. This will happen either by the NEW IRANIAN DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT making a DEAL that trades the Iranian Nuclear Program for U.S. AID in the BILLIONS...or THOUSANDS of U.S. Special Forces and Rangers will Air Drop in and SEIZE THEM! The second scenario will only happen if the current Old Religious Guard ORDERS the Iranian Navy to attempt to BLOCK THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ.

The Iranian Navy will NOT OBEY THIS SUICIDAL ORDER. They will stand down as well as will the rest of Iran's Military save ONE ARMY DIVISION Loyal to the Old Religious Guard. This Division will most likely have to be DESTROYED by the U.S. Air Force. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if blind masses woke up to the grim realities and the majority of the us population decided to stand against corporate foreign policy, the measures that would be taken for the powers that be to continue their agenda. Media control has the gen pop pinned currently but the claw is loosening. Peaceful protest is a tool allowed employed so society can dumbly claim democracy, as any threat of otherwise opposition is labelled terrorist and their flame quietly doused to char behind bars or six feet under. Sever ties and fix the mess your country ignores. It can be stopped...and i beleive it wil.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Agreed, the Iran issue is a diversion story used to detract from other more important issues. I could go into detail but the essence of it is... The US ans Isreal would not want Iran the only properly functioning Shia country to go away as the alternative would be a Sunni Islamic state which would look to re-establish the caliphate... now there is a real problem for Israel!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This story has been going on for a long time, it hasn't happened yet, even though it's been reported to be 'happening' many times in the past. So if it's supposed to have happened before, and hasn't, I highly doubt it will happen at all.

The USA are walking on egg shells, they are losing their grip on world power, they have lost the support of the people, and attacking Iran will be a step too far. It wont happen.

Israel and the USA have nukes, they have no right to tell anyone else what they can do whilst they still hold nukes themselves.

It will be the biggest bullet in the foot if they try to bomb Iran...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Russia Today.....

Not a credible source

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Parts of Iran is very beautiful, so I think we should hold off to the spring time. I would find that a nice time to invade and enjoy the weather in doing so.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It doesnt matter which way they go about it, it is a disaster waiting to happen in many ways. Whether Israel "attempts" by itself or with the helf of the US it dont matter. A couple things that perplex me about the possible operation are this:

A) Using Nukes

We all know the facilities are hardened. Strong chance a nuke might not finish off the job. Side effect of using nukes is the symbolism of it internationally.....Russia and China and probably several other nations would immediately expel all Israeli and US ambassadors with severe warnings and place their own militaries on high alert for any other eventuality.

Radiactive dust would be thrown into the atrmosphere and spread over a large area.

B) Rail Gun from Satellite

This is speculative, but we have all seen in the past the trial railguns used by the navy. Surely theres something similar in space on a satellite. Now, would the USA want to show its card by using a railgun or similar technology to blow that whole mountain into the sky?

This would not only achieve its aims but would clearly give a message to the rest of the world to "Shut the "F" Up " unless you want another hole in your country big enough to hold a dam full of water if not more.

C) Both Options A & B above

This would achieve its aims, keep the secret satellite technology still hidden. They could even do it in conjunction with a "Mother of All Bombs" and not nuclear and time it so that when the bomb hits, so does the railgun......that way you have not used nukes, you "may" still be able to keep your space tech hidden and achieve your goals.

I cannot see any other way of how you would blow up a solid rock mountain? HAARP maybe for a massive earthquake?

Regardless of what eventuates, should any form of attack go ahead, the geopolitical landscape would have crossed a "red-line" that it can never step back over.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Russia Today.....

Not a credible source

What is a credible source? Fox news and CNN?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Where does this source get their strategy??!

What, are they some kind of expert in how to keep tensions going?

beneficial to America? HOW SO? By sending a strong message to Russia and China?

Dogs fighting over a fence post, this is how these men are handling politics. Obviously why Israel is always fighting. It must suck to live there.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

Nobody can strike them now without causing a fukishima..

The power reactor is not a target of the strikes since it doesn't appear to be used for producing nuclear weapons material.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by thedman

Russia Today.....

Not a credible source

What is a credible source? Fox news and CNN?

Generally, an 'authorized leak' from a deputy to the President's national security adviser to the Washington Post.

Old school newspapers have some criteria on what they will print as a "credible source".
edit on 14-10-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
Unless the USA plans on a large scale thermonuclear war, they cannot even do this. They can't take out these hardened facilities, unless they use multiple large nuclear weaponry.

That probably isn't true.

They might not be able to destroy the deepest facilities but they could destroy all entrances and exits to them.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69

This whole lie about Iran wanting to nuke Israel is bull#. They quoted him out of context, what he really said was he wanted the Israel regime dismantled.

This doesn't mean that they want a different government in Israel elected. They want no Israeli government to exist.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It always surprises me how many people are in denial that Iran has the capability to produce WMDs. While I cannot definitively PROVE that Iran is building WMDs rather than pursuing nuclear energy, I must confess I find it rather suspicious that Iran pursues a form of alternative energy that JUST SO HAPPENS to require uranium.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Just wars and rumors of wars....; it was foretold that it would be this way....so.....scripture is fulfilled!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

White House reportedly preps strike team to take out terrorists tied to Libya attack

Maybe we really will have an October Surprise this time?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

...My point exactly. Look, there is a big difference between Mass Murder and taking down a Government.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join