It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Can Lead to Hell - One Woman's Story (video at link)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But that's the point, isn't it? These people who claim to know what this deity wants...they don't have the comprehensive capability to understand the first thing about this being; how can they know what it wants or doesn't want?

This is us pretending to know, so that we're not afraid.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Ahhh I see being honest I could only stand to watch the first part of the video thought the gun was to her head. I just finished watching the whole thing and she is either lying for attention or she was hallucinating. I think she needs to read her bible a little more. John 3:3-Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Mathew 7:21-27-Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thanks for this post seemingly confirming that my father is in an endless pit of torment tossed their by a vengeful diety.

MADE MY DAY!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Suicide does not lead to hell. It is a sin, unless, for some reason, that sin is more powerful than Jesus's sacrifice. Then in that situation, he died in vain if he could not conquer all sin and then God also lied to us making God's Word a lie.
edit on 12-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Thank you for your post. It is my understanding that to be forgiven of sin one needs to feel sorrow for it and repent.
I thought it was interesting that this woman asked for forgiveness before she shot herself.

Jesus didn't lie, some people did/do not accept His sacrifice and many do not love Him.

Jesus taught his followers that Hell is real and (gulp) forever.

Not every one who says to me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?" And then will I declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers." (Matt. 7:21-23)

and:

When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. Then the King will say to those at his right hand, "Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.". . . Then he will say to those at his left hand, "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.". . . And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. (Matt. 25:31-46)

edit on 10/12/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
ohh the book saves the day again
, cant ever make a point without taking words from "the book" ,
, where oh where would we be without it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by prometheus2033

Lol firethief I had to those to sets of verses contradict what shes saying if she is a christian.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by prometheus2033
ohh the book saves the day again
, cant ever make a point without taking words from "the book" ,
, where oh where would we be without it.

We would be NOWHERE...

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" ~ John 1:1

Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed ~ Proverbs 13:13

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nowhere in scripture does it say suicide is a sin, that was installed by the Church in 364 A.D. because believers were throwing themselves off cliffs or attacking travellers with sticks and throwing rocks in attempts to make the travelers angry enough to kill them so they ould go be wiht Jesus. If suicide were a sin then alot of people would be getting fried for doing dumb things knowing it could get themselves killed. Accidental drug overdose? Suicide you killed yourself. Alcoholic and get cirrohisis of the liver? Suicide you killed yourself. Glutton and eat yourself into obesity with lack of excersice and die of heart disease? Suicide you killed yourself. Eat all this nonholistic and nonorganic processed and prepackaged food and drink all the water with the chemicles in it and die? Suicide you killed yourself. See what kind of doors you open up? At this rate in modern times everyone is killing themselves, they get handed loaded weapons and even helped aim them at their own heads, and the people willingly squeeze the trigger themselves.
edit on 13-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure she was very sorrowful and scared. By the way. Your sin is already forgiven if you are saved. You are sealed. If you are saved before you commit suicide, you are sealed by the Holy Spirit. No amount of apologies or begging for forgiveness will save you. Only Jesus can.

If you said a curse word just before you died, and you were a Christian, you will not go to hell.
edit on 13-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
No loving god would ever condemn any soul to an eternity of pain and torture. I don't believe it. And I attempted suicide, and I never went anywhere, although I did hear voices before I blacked out. All I remember is waking up screaming while a tube was down my throat, and I vomited, and then I was gone again.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Regarding your comment about nowhere in the bible is suicide called a sin.

I do believe you should apply " Thou shall not kill." to yourself.

As for how we shall be judged, God has the final word. It is not our business to condemn others. Pray for them instead. Everyone has problems.
edit on 10/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

I'm pretty sure she was very sorrowful and scared. By the way. Your sin is already forgiven if you are saved. You are sealed. If you are saved before you commit suicide, you are sealed by the Holy Spirit. No amount of apologies or begging for forgiveness will save you. Only Jesus can.

If you said a curse word just before you died, and you were a Christian, you will not go to hell.
edit on 13-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Catholics don't believe that, theyre a saved by works not by grace lot. No one can be sinless on their own power, only in Jesus is it possible. Only he is able to do for us what we cannot. which is keep his laws for us all. Thats the second covenant described in Jeremiah 33 and Hebrews 8.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Regarding your comment about nowhere in the bible is suicide called a sin.

I do believe you should apply " Thou shall not kill." to yourself.

As for how we shall be judged, God has the final word. It is not our business to condemn others. Pray for them instead. Everyone has problems.
edit on 10/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

Thats an incorrect translation. The correct translation as it is meant in hebrew is "you shall not murder" and it refers to you killing other people in cold blood or anger or revenge, not killing yourself because you despaired.

The first 4 commandments addresses the First greatest commandment Christ game, to love God with all your heart, mind and strength, the last 6 address the Second greatest commandment of loving your neighbors and enemies as you love yourself. Suicide doesn;t break any of these commandments because you're not harming anyone but yourself.

Catholics embrace some rather strange traditions of men.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

So you think suicide is something God wants? I do try to think logically. Suicide is murdering yourself.

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away." If you kill yourself does that mean to are doing something that is not your right? I think so.

Catholics do not worship Mary or think she is part of the Trinity as you have suggested in some of your threads.

And as for this "Whore of Babylon" theory what an unchristian thing to think about other Christians.IMO.

So from my perspective your ideas seem quite off the wall.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The bible doesn't need you to think logically. It needs you to follow. Rely not upon your own understanding....

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Catholics don't believe that, theyre a saved by works not by grace lot

You have zero credibility with me on your knowledge of Catholics. Please check out forums.catholic.com... instead of believing those Jack Chick comic book tracts you read for your facts.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

The bible doesn't need you to think logically. It needs you to follow. Rely not upon your own understanding....

Our former assistant pastor was Jewish and later became an atheist. Through the use of logic he validated (to himself) that there is a God. He converted to Christianity, Catholicism to be precise, and went through the seminary and became ordained a Priest.

This brilliant man found God through logic.

Logic is good.

"If God were small enough for us to understand, He wouldn't be big enough for us to worship."

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

If you believe suicide leads to hell, can you provide scripture, which supports this? I do not think you completely understand the sacrifice God has presented for us.

Suicide is but a sin. No greater than a white lie. A lie is no greater than the atrocities Hitler committed in the eyes of the lord because you are already damned no matter how small or innocent the sin seems; you go to hell. No sin is above Jesus Christ. If Hitler begged for salvation, he would have received it. Why? Because Jesus conquered all sin and death through his sacrifice. No sin is above him, and you cannot sin enough to overcome his blood.

If you do not believe this, then you believe Satan, and men are more powerful than God's mercy.

---

By the way, believing in an invisible being is NOT Logical. It requires "Faith". If you walked up to a scientist and said God is logical. He would probably call the police.

Logic= Reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity

Principles of Validity - A sample design is called valid only when the inferences drawn from it are valid for the universe from which the sample has been taken. At a later stage we will arrive at a conclusion that in general, samples which are drawn at random would be found to be more valid then those drawn otherwise. Even here many considerations have to be kept in mind. Not only the sample has to be random but. its size, has to be adequate and the collection of data and its analysis have to be scientifically done.

Please be careful with using Logic with some one who thinks they are a smart person. You'll turn them away quickly.

------------------

Romans 8:38–39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord

YOU CANNOT remove yourself from salvation. Killing yourself is nothing but a sin, which is covered. You are a created being. God created you; therefore, you fall under this verse, his word. If you are saved, and you commit suicide, you will be with Jesus in heaven.

Also, Catholicism is a sinful religion. If you believe in salvation, that you must ask Jesus into your heart, that he died on the cross for your sins, and that he is the only way to the father. Then i believe you're saved.

There is a reason Protestants were killed just like pagans. There is a reason our fore fathers left Europe and came to America.

Mass is sinful. Paying respects to statues or paintings is sinful. Having statues in your church is sinful. Purgatory is not real, only hell / heaven is. Ritualistic chants or prayers are sinful. Praying to saints or Mary for blessings or guidance is sinful. You cannot go from purgatory to heaven, there is no Limbo, and you cannot atone for any of your sins. Only Jesus can save you.

Fatima was also a DEMON. Not Mary. Mary has no reason to appear before man or give them signs. Only Jesus. Mary also would not order any kind of temple to be erected in her name. Why? She is merely a woman, a woman who found favor with God. That is it.

There is no reason to tell a priest your sins. He cannot forgive you or pray for God to forgive you. He also cannot absolve you of a single thing. Not one. Calling a "Father" Father is sinful. You have but ONE Father and that is Yahweh, God the Father.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

A priest cannot, and is NOT your mediator in any way shape or form.
edit on 14-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Maybe it wasn't the suicide.
Maybe it was her guilt.

(Not encouraging it though, just sayin...)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join