It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Can Lead to Hell - One Woman's Story (video at link)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

If you believe suicide leads to hell, can you provide scripture, which supports this? I do not think you completely understand the sacrifice God has presented for us.

Suicide is but a sin. No greater than a white lie. A lie is no greater than the atrocities Hitler committed in the eyes of the lord because you are already damned no matter how small or innocent the sin seems; you go to hell. No sin is above Jesus Christ. If Hitler begged for salvation, he would have received it. Why? Because Jesus conquered all sin and death through his sacrifice. No sin is above him, and you cannot sin enough to overcome his blood.

If you do not believe this, then you believe Satan, and men are more powerful than God's mercy.

---

By the way, believing in an invisible being is NOT Logical. It requires "Faith". If you walked up to a scientist and said God is logical. He would probably call the police.

Logic= Reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity

Principles of Validity - A sample design is called valid only when the inferences drawn from it are valid for the universe from which the sample has been taken. At a later stage we will arrive at a conclusion that in general, samples which are drawn at random would be found to be more valid then those drawn otherwise. Even here many considerations have to be kept in mind. Not only the sample has to be random but. its size, has to be adequate and the collection of data and its analysis have to be scientifically done.

Please be careful with using Logic with some one who thinks they are a smart person. You'll turn them away quickly.

------------------

Romans 8:38–39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord

YOU CANNOT remove yourself from salvation. Killing yourself is nothing but a sin, which is covered. You are a created being. God created you; therefore, you fall under this verse, his word. If you are saved, and you commit suicide, you will be with Jesus in heaven.

Also, Catholicism is a sinful religion. If you believe in salvation, that you must ask Jesus into your heart, that he died on the cross for your sins, and that he is the only way to the father. Then i believe you're saved.

There is a reason Protestants were killed just like pagans. There is a reason our fore fathers left Europe and came to America.

Mass is sinful. Paying respects to statues or paintings is sinful. Having statues in your church is sinful. Purgatory is not real, only hell / heaven is. Ritualistic chants or prayers are sinful. Praying to saints or Mary for blessings or guidance is sinful. You cannot go from purgatory to heaven, there is no Limbo, and you cannot atone for any of your sins. Only Jesus can save you.

Fatima was also a DEMON. Not Mary. Mary has no reason to appear before man or give them signs. Only Jesus. Mary also would not order any kind of temple to be erected in her name. Why? She is merely a woman, a woman who found favor with God. That is it.

There is no reason to tell a priest your sins. He cannot forgive you or pray for God to forgive you. He also cannot absolve you of a single thing. Not one. Calling a "Father" Father is sinful. You have but ONE Father and that is Yahweh, God the Father.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

A priest cannot, and is NOT your mediator in any way shape or form.
edit on 14-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

To answer the question "do I believe people go to Hell for suicide?" I hope not. I DO NOT KNOW.

You attack on Catholicism is very judgemental. "Judge not less you shall be judged." I pray the Lord is merciful you. It is your opinion that it is a sinful religion. Your opinion is not a fact. I pray God forgives you because is it also written "that whatever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me."

I really don't appreciate non Catholics telling me what I believe because what you say is ridiculous. Somewhere someone told you these things about our evil Church and you believe them. If you want to know what we believe start with the Apostle’s Creed. Please go to forums.catholic.com... for information about my faith.

I doubt that you will because you already have judged my faith, but I put it out there anyway.

My forefathers left Europe for religious persecution as well.

sad eyed lady

edit on 10/14/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

If you believe suicide leads to hell, can you provide scripture, which supports this? I do not think you completely understand the sacrifice God has presented for us.

What sacrifice?! Jesus supposedly died and rose three days later! He reneged! The whole deal should be off! And you wonder why we're living in hell on earth? Because he broke the agreement! When you die for the world's sins, you should stay dead or it doesn't count! Otherwise, I may as well buy a cup of coffee and come back five minutes later and steal the money I gave to pay for it! Is the cup of coffee still mine? lolnope.

Why is this so hard to understand?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I am not trying to be mean, but you clearly have not read the scriptures or you ignore some parts of it if you have. Again, i am not trying to " be mean ", however, being a Catholic and saying that the Bible is 100% the Word of God, is contradictory.

Also, how could you not know if you go to heaven or hell if you are saved? The scripture clearly says .. if you are saved, you will be with Jesus in heaven. It doesnt say .. MAYBE, but says you will.

reply to post by AfterInfinity

If he is real, youll lose everything, and if he isnt, you wont lose anything. Choose what you will and we all will find out one day. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So tired of these double post.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

If he is real, youll lose everything, and if he isnt, you wont lose anything. Choose what you will and we all will find out one day. Good luck.

If he is real, he's a deranged psychopathic egomaniac. If he isn't, then it doesn't matter.

Either way, I choose my own fate. I will fight him for it, if I must. And if I cannot fight, than there's no point to agonizing over it, because my allotted fate has already been chosen and is on its way.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

If he is real, he's a deranged psychopathic egomaniac. If he isn't, then it doesn't matter.

Either way, I choose my own fate. I will fight him for it, if I must. And if I cannot fight, than there's no point to agonizing over it, because my allotted fate has already been chosen and is on its way.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Again, good luck. Just hope you aren't wrong. The worst part about Hell is knowing how easy it was / is to avoid, and that you have no hope. It's not the flames or the pain, but the part that you know you will never get out.

Again, some people need to see before they believe, but by then, it most likely will be too late.

You were right about choosing your own fate. You choose whether you go to heaven or hell. You can rebel or accept. Whatever floats your boat.

So again, believe as you will. As your insults aren't providing anything constructive, just ramblings about absolutely nothing. It does nothing for your argument.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Suicide is but a sin. No greater than a white lie. A lie is no greater than the atrocities Hitler committed in the eyes of the lord because you are already damned no matter how small or innocent the sin seems; you go to hell. No sin is above Jesus Christ.

Here lies the dilemma, catholics believe in "mortal sins", that certain sins are greater than others and incurr a worse punishment. Ofcourse all sins are warranted the death penalty without the second covenant. No one sin is truly greater than another except one, to blaspheme (slander/scoff) the Holy Spirit, that's the only sin our God the Lord Jesus Christ will not forgive, in essence making only 1 sin truly mortal and that is it. Other than that there is no blasphemy or sin he will not forgive.

The entire point of being saved by Grace is that we did nothing to merit, or deserve recieving salvation so that we cannot boast of our own works, and our God gets all the credit. We did not earn salvation, nor did we deserve it, but it was given freely as a gift and not as gifts men give to eachother that they take away for a punishment.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I can appreciate the attempts to explain Catholic theology on grace. If you go around saying "this is what Catholics believe" I must say that you are posting is what you have been taught that Catholic's believe, usually a very different perspective from Catholic teaching.

If you want to discuss Catholic teaching on grace no one can sum it up in a paragraph or two. Please read this article and if you take issue with what you read, by all means, share your thoughts.

Why not get it from the horse's mouth as they say?

Grace: What It Is and What It Does

www.catholic.com...

Note this at the bottom of the article:

NIHIL OBSTAT: I have concluded that the materials presented in this work are free of doctrinal or moral errors. Bernadeane Carr, STL, Censor Librorum, August 10, 2004 IMPRIMATUR: In accord with 1983 CIC 827 permission to publish this work is hereby granted. +Robert H. Brom, Bishop of San Diego, August 10, 2004

This means this is article has the Catholic Church's approval that it reflects what the Catholic Church believes - not what your Protestant minister told you and not what some dumb chick would ever attempt to explain with her huge propensity to make mistakes.

edit on 10/15/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Also, how could you not know if you go to heaven or hell if you are saved? The scripture clearly says .. if you are saved, you will be with Jesus in heaven. It doesnt say .. MAYBE, but says you will.

Milkway, consider this:

Matthew 5:22 New International Version (NIV) 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[a] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[c] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

But you have been saved? If you call someone a fool you risk hell???

Please read the article I posted above to understand our teaching:

Grace: What It Is and What It Does
www.catholic.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join