It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Jessica Ridgeway

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Just a heads up, on the local abc news the reporter said "Sources have said the body is Jessica's"

It is not an official statement.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
These parents should be jailed.They make this 10 year old walk to school alone. Put these morons in prison.
You know, even walking WITH your kids is no guarantee. When I got transferred to a kindergarten out of my local area my mom, who hadn't gotten her driver's license at that point, walked me to school. We BOTH almost got abducted by a carload of guys who could not have been even out of their teens yet. She had seen them duck down in the parked car next to the sidewalk and keep the back passenger door open just a crack so it didn't look quite open. My mom had already survived an abduction like that in her youth and had evaded yet another attempt as an adult walking home from our church so she spotted the trouble and got us away safely. But she was clearly an adult yet those guys were going to try and have a go at us anyway.

After that my dad scraped up enough money to get her driver's ed classes and a used car. I didn't ever try to walk to school again until I was in my teens and the junior high was at the end of my street.

I am always outside in the yard when my daughter plays outside because I also almost got abducted out of my own backyard when I was four. I read the statistics published in this thread and think back to my own life nearly being a child victim of attack by strangers four times before I reached the age of 18 and it does almost make me regret I brought a child into this sick world.

Even the most vigilant parents are going to have a couple of incidences where they let something slip through the cracks and that is all the opportunity a sick predator needs. I have NO liberal leanings about crime and punishment where sex crimes especially against children are concerned. That is torture and the people who do such crimes need to be removed from existence for the protection of society, just like a rabid dog would. I just saw a thread where some people attacked people who feel like I do saying we were no better than the criminals for thinking that way. I disagree, I see a difference.

I'm sad that a body was found. I have not finished the thread yet to find out of it was Jessica or not but it makes no difference, it was some innocent person who didn't deserve a gruesome end.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This kind of thing scares the hell out of me, especially when my kids are out the front playing...they are in the same age group as Jessica and the April girl who is missing here in the UK.

I can tolerate a lot of things but if I ever so much as caught someone looking at my kids the wrong way I wouldn't be able to control myself.

I can't imagine the pain this has caused...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by invient

Yes, since early this morning ABC news has been saying three sources told them the body is Jessica and that body parts are missing. They have not said who those sources are as far as I have seen. Nothing has been released by the police and they claim they won't know who it is until this afternoon sometime. So honestly, I don't know, though I suspect it is Jessica.

On the other hand, I suspect they are being tight lipped about this for a reason. With the number of abductions and strangers talking to kids all in a short period of time, I believe they are worried about a child serial killer. If there is some evidence to believe this body is not Jessica, but a different child, they may have a public panic on their hands. Especially since they seem to have no other leads.

Keep in mind Halloween is coming up. Lots of kids knocking on strangers doors and out walking around by themselves. A perfect time for another napping.

Edit: Checked out the Westminster Police Department's twitter page. Three hours ago they said:

Please be cautious of hearsay and rumors. Accurate information/updates about #JessicaRidgeway will come from @WestminsterPD.

Two hours ago:

Official information about the #jessicaridgeway investigation will only come from the Westminster PD and not outside sources.

edit on 12-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

Originally posted by newcovenant

BS. You don't have kids. I can tell you that right now.

A CHIP WOULD HELP YOU TRACK THE CHILD WHEN THEY VANISH.
YOU TYPICALLY HAVE AT LEAST 24 HOURS TO FIND YOUR CHILD ALIVE.
I WOULD PUT IN THE EARLOBE LIKE AN EARRING, OR HIDE IT IN THE CHILDS HAIR

They use these kids before they chop em up or bury them or set the house on fire as was the case of a little 7 year old girl beaten raped and left for dead. She survived though.

If I had one they'd have a chip in them so fast your head would spin.

Their lives are worth more than any imaginary "freedom."

I would not risk them to prove a point of how free and unencumbered I am. I deal with reality for bad or for worse and lately it is much more often the latter.
edit on 12-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

So because some parents cant be responsible every kid needs a chip now.

How about we pony up and start to care about our children not chipping your kid
and think it will keep them any safer say a mass school shooting. A chip going to stop a bullet.
Maybe they should all wear full body armor mandatory as well get a grp
edit on 12-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

Did I say every kid needs a chip?
I said my kid would get a chip.
You can't keep children in your line of sight 24/7
It should be an option for parents who want them. I don't see where anyone else should have a say in something designed to protect a child from being abducted the times you are not with them - to and from schools, on outings and to the store. It should be for the parents to decided.

THEY are the one going to SUFFER if the child is abducted, not the "society" that frowns on chips.

I can see some argument against them if child abduction were not such a problem and sir, very seldom are children shot after being abducted. They are shot accidentally and in drive bys. Children are strangled. This is why police need to be able to locate and track the abductor within the first 24 hours. Chips track in realtime. Of course when a kid gets to be in their teens or so. You can have them removed. With the GPS chips, I can already predict these sorts of random child abductions would become all but obsolete. You seem to have a problem with that.

edit on 12-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Before we draw conclusion that the body was hacked up, we need to remember that this is a wild area in which the body was located. There are critters, foxes, coyotes, maybe even bobcats.

BTW- I wore purple today because they asked that everyone wear Jessica's favorite color & I haven't given up hope.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know people want to protect the parents from this pain, but police always have to look at those closest to the children first.

I really hope to god they are not involved, but there is no way for the police to rule them out before they even know what happened to the girl.

It is either very irresponsible or they are trying to throw the parents off. See how they act when they think they are excluded. Right now, finding the girl and solving the crime are more important than the parents feelings.
edit on 12-10-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Wow, I did not even think about Halloween... I hope people tone down their plans, a little emotional intelligence is in order around metro area...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I'm assuming the parents are ruled out with good cause, not because they don't want them to feel bad.

The father has an alibi no doubt, being as he was two states away. They searched the home of the mother and apparently didn't find anything that caused suspicion, at least not that they mentioned.

Something I just thought, though. Maybe someone saw this cleared up in a news article somewhere.

The maternal grandmother, mother, and the girl all lived in the same house. The grandmother stayed with Jessica while her mother worked at night. Does the grandmother have a day job? If not, where was she the day Jessica went missing? Why couldn't she answer the phone while the mother slept?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
The mother works nights and sleeps days. She watched her daughter leave, heading off to school and then went to bed only to wake up a few hours later to a message from the school stating Jessica was absent. There was a custody "issue" hearing in Missouri on the day she disappeared

m.sltrib.com...

m.sltrib.com...’s father and great-grandmother Dana Moss live in Independence, Mo. Jeremiah Bryant attended a child-custody hearing in a Missouri courtroom Friday. Police don’t believe the custody issue is related to her disappearance. No evidence points to any family involvement, Materasso has said. Investigators have not said whether Jessica’s disappearance could be linked to any other suspicious incidents.

I don't know why, but in my opinion, the mom appeared "funny" (in this video sports.yahoo.com...=%252Fvideo%252Fyahoonews video-15749570%252Fjessica-ridgeway-s-parents-plead-for-her-safe-return-30825886.html) when talking to the press. I'm no expert but she just seems "off". Almost fake and trying to cry but couldn't when stating "I want her to walk back through that door" The Father was crying but the mom wasn't.

I know I would be a blubbering fool if something happened to my child.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

I agree there is something not right about the Mother.No tears or genuine emotion. There was a case a few years back in England where the Mother and some dodgy Uncle tried to pull a scam and the child was found hidden under the Uncles purpose-built mattress / cage. We hear about copy cat cases, sometimes it's the last person you expect to be guilty.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I wasn't inferring the police were worried about their feelings...I mean the public questioning the motives of the parents.

It is tactic of the police to say someone is not a person of interest to try to lull them them into a sense of security, then watch them.

The grandmother....didn't even think of that...I wonder where she was?
edit on 12-10-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by invient
Just a heads up, on the local abc news the reporter said "Sources have said the body is Jessica's"

It is not an official statement.

Seems a little early to be saying that when the FBI and authorities are saying they have not yet identified the body found because it wasn't intact and will need further testing. Although I have a feeling it is her.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Everything I have read is that they have done thorough investigations of the parents and ruled them out as suspects.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Halloween is a good time to give tips on how to avoid an abduction.
I was like your mother, always being approached and followed by weird men. My father had good tips, like never ever walk on the side of the street that has bushes, because the creep can be hiding behind them, grab you and pull you in. Try to walk close to other groups of people, if you're alone.

If a man drives past, opens his car door to offer a ride, you say no thanks I'm home right now, this is my house right here. Just pick any house and walk into the yard like it is. They will take off so fast. I've had to do it. Then you can run home.

Of course it is also important you discuss kidnappings with your children. They really can know there are mean people in this world who take little kids and they will never see their mummy or daddy ever again. I don't believe we should hide the cold hard facts because its these facts that will remind them if they are approached, why it isn't safe to go off with a stranger. Children have a habit of doing what they were told not to and are by nature very curious. So fill them in on how dangerous it can be. or they will wonder why. They can be coaxed too easily to come closer to get the candy being offered or to " help find my ball or puppy, etc". Lots of creeps will pull up and ask for directions and you walk close to the car and can be grabbed. I believe it was Ted bundy who acquired his victims by faking he had a broken arm and needed help putting his groceries into the car by unsuspecting women in parking lots. Once they got close enough, he grabbed them.

Be sure they are dressed adequately so they aren't getting wet or cold and tempted to take " a ride home".

It's also not considered wise to put your child's name on their coats or bags where it's visible. A stranger can see it and say " hi Suzy, your mother told me to pick you up today". So of course you should tell them I would never send anybody to pick you up so if that happens, don't believe it. This needs to be said in a way that it covers you wouldn't let anybody pick them up ever, because its quite often a person who is close to the family or a neighbour that takes kids.

I hope they find who took Jessica and find out if the body found was hers so the parents can move forward in this hellish nightmare . The not knowing has to be so hard. I can't imagine.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A body has been found. Because of the condition of the body authorities cannot identify it or even the sex.
( animals ???)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I hate to point out the obvious but, if it is a fresh body and no other kids have been reported missing, well...
So sad too

edit on 10/12/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GodParticle

The main practitioners of child molestation are the elite? Really? Where did you get that from ? Source please. As far as I know this type of thing happens in every segment of society.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by GodParticle

The main practitioners of child molestation are the elite? Really? Where did you get that from ? Source please. As far as I know this type of thing happens in every segment of society.

Thanks for pointing that post out, I had somehow missed it. It certainly deserves a star for being absolutely correct.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Its hard I guess to know where the protection of children begins and ends. We dress them warm if its cold outside. We put sunscreen on them when they play in the sun. We take them for checkups and get their vaccines so they dont get sick. We try to make them eat right and provide everything they need to grow up healthy and strong. Do we stop at the chip? Chips would make it easier to find a missing child. They have them for pets and have been using them for many years with much success. Or is the thought of a chip too big brother ?
I've been in the situation of not knowing where my child was and it was very scary for me. My second son was a wanderer. He would just get up and go. Even when he was small, he would go into his room and the next thing hes coming down the street on some little kids bicycle. We watched him but this kid really needed to have someone hold his hand 24/7 or he would take off. ( he must have beagle in him somewhere). I would have loved having something like a chip because he put us through this situation several times when he was young. When I read about parents who lock kids in closets I wonder if they have one like mine. Of course we didnt lock him up. He would go out his window or go out in the dead of night.
He still practices risky behavour now. I guess some are born that way.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I give my condolences to the family of this child and all other missing and or abducted children in the world.

With that said, why is there so much uproar about this case? People go missing everyday...adults, males, females, kids and the elderly. What makes this particular case so much more important than all those others? We don't see news articles or people going into an uproar over all those other individuals.

We dont but we should. No missing child should go unnoticed. No abused child should be ignored. Every child that goes missing should have their picture plastered all over the TV. It should happen 100% of the time.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join