It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annette Larkins: The Beautiful 70 Year Old Who Doesn't Look a Day Over 40 !!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
WOW! Well I really didn't know whether to believe this one when I first saw it, but just wow!!

When Annette Larkins goes out with her husband of 54 years, people assume she is his daughter.

The image of health, vitality and youth with a petite size four frame and a line-free face, Mrs Larkins is in fact 70 years old.

The resident of Miami-Dade County, Florida, attributes her youthful looks to her raw vegan diet and grows almost everything she eats in the garden she refers to as her 'fountain of youth'.

27 years ago she went one step further by turning vegan and now everything she eats is raw. Nothing cooked or processed every passes her lips.

Recognising how positively she could influence others, the formidable 70-year-old has already written two booklets titled: Journey to Health and produced a DVD about her nutritional regime.

'I am very vibrant, I have lots of energy, as I told you before, I am up no later than 5:30 in the morning as a rule, and I am ready to go' she told ABC.

Her husband agreed, gushing: 'She's an amazing person though. Oh man, I mean really. She does everything- build computers, make all her own clothes, grow her own food, speaks three languages. It's amazing.'

What a lovely and positive story of how if you treat your body well, your body will treat you well.

This woman is amazing, what an inspiration!

Peace

www.annettelarkins.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.odditycentral.com...
edit on 10/10/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks

awesome to see what we all can really be~

∞LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree∞

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
She is not the only person in the world on that diet so why doesnt everyone who is on that diet look as amazing?

I think its just down to here genes and the diet is a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

I think it probably has a lot more to do with her genetics than her diet. One of my great-grandmothers lived her entire life as a devout Vegan long before the term was even coined. She grew all of her own food and ate all of it raw, exercised every day, and went to bed early and got up early. She never learned to drive and walked everywhere she went, even well into her 90s. And you know what? She looked every bit of her age.

This young looking lady was lucky to be blessed with awesome DNA.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

From what it looked like she grew all of her own food. I'm not sure on this but at least what it looks like. That might be one big difference. I've seen people go vegan and they end up looking sickly, but they also where not growing their own food.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
She's no size 4. What a crock. Look at the size of her thighs.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'd prefer to have the meat / dairy and look old.

Such pleasures to be given up for the pursuit of looking younger, no thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Amen to that. Who cares about looking young? I'd rather eat well!

I watched the vid. That butt is at least an 18W. Size 4? NOT.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I can see the age in her face, but something nobody has mentioned is her dark skin. Dark skinned people have more protection from the UV rays of the sun and usually exhibit fewer wrinkles at older ages. I've seen countless numbers of dark skinned people in their 50's that have a complexion similar to a white person in their 30's. However, most of them have health problems because, well, most people don't take care of themselves. This lady would not be as attractive as she is at 70 even with the darkest skin if she hadn't practiced good health AND enjoyed it. Many MANY people die from internal health issues that you cannot see on the outside. When thinking about health, it really helps to not focus as much om what's outside because it can be very misleading. Obesity is easy to spot, but what about somebody who works a lot outside and has a lot of wrinkles as a result? Some would say they look old, but a wise person would know they're probably healthy since a sign of a sedentary person is a pale complexion - less wrinkles - and usually a lack of exercise - in the outdoors. While they might have less wrinkles, a sedentary lifestyle is deadly and kills you faster than anything else. This is not to say a healthy long lived person has to look like a shriveled prune. But the average long-lived healthy person WILL look that way. Moderating sunlight exposure is difficult to do. Some people do have unique bone structures beneath their face (as they age) that reduce their wrinkles, but this is structural and doesn't have to do with healthier skin or anything.

Simple fact of the matter is not everybody can afford to be healthy or has the vigor or intelligence. It requires a balance of traits across the spectrum of habit and character and body and circumstances surrounding you. Work and family are tremendous responsibilities all by themselves. This is a level of balance that most people cannot achieve. She's like a gymnast balancing on a pin head.

I'd also be weary of judging this as your fountain of youth. This lady could be dead in 5 years easily. It happens. If she lives to 100, I'll take back my skepticsm and eat crow for dinner.

(my grandpa lived to 100 and at 70 he looked like an oldtimer.. was bald.. had wrinkles,, was alcoholic for a while and had borderline diabetes. from 70 to 97 he only slightly changed in looks. he never looked young he just kept moving... his mother's brother lived to 108 or something if I recall. they didn't live that long sitting on couches. they didn't look young. they just kept moving... he always said they got more sleep and worked hard. they ate more natural too. no refined foods back then. my grandpa had a garden but he ate lots of meat too. he ate a lot of tv dinners in his 90's.)

On a side topic.... I remember reading that short people live longer than tall people is hat true? I also recall a study where they found that people with low BMI's in their 20's and 30's lived a long time. It didn't matter so much what they did afterward since it could be predicted on their 20's and 30's. one of the examples was some place in japan where they experienced a sort of depressions and resuilting starvation. the peole who lived durign that period in their 20's and 30's went on to live a long time. But I wonder if they lived longer just because they had better genes and not because of their bmi? Interestingly, my grandpa grew up in a logging camp and was in his 20's during the great depression. He was short too (5'8 about). So i wonder if these things are connected to his longevity.
edit on 10-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'd rather live to be 70 than 100, and eat meat

Our bodies are extremely complex and adapting, and I'm a firm believer in Natural Remedies for everything.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
She probably juices wheat-grass every day! a good number of people who do that have or have reversed gray hair! Brings back the vitality in your body! I just learned of it and am on the hunt for a juicer for wheat grass! I'm really gray for a 39 year old. I'll post my findings once i'm on the program!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wonder if she eats any GMO's? Likely not... You know, I feel GMO's are embraced by the US for population control. They do experiments on rats with them. But have they ever done a side by side comparison on a human? Perhaps this woman is an example of one who doesn't? Did anyone read the last National Geographic magazine? They listed age expectancies for different countries. The US was way behind in this department. Didn't we used to be somewhat near the top? What has happened recently to affect this?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oooo, I sense a bit of envy in this thread.
It's not fair! Genetics!! Genetics!!! She's cheating!!!! She has an unfair advantage!!!!!
Get over yourselves. Didn't you know: You get out of life what you put in. I thought this stuff was elementary?
Her physical appearance is a product of good habit.

Although...
I can't say the same about her mind. She seems somewhat - okay, somewhat - deranged.
At times during the conversation, it seems like she doesn't respond correctly to what the white chick is saying.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Wonder how much surgery is involved. Jack lalanne was on nearly an all juice diet i think.

www.jacklalanne.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have eaten vegan and been a member of many vegan forums and i'm here to tell you a lot of it is Hype. Vegans have a real hard time getting all the vitamins and minerals they need with veggies and fruit alone. There are even many diseases that Only vegans get because they abstain from meat. vegan forums are full of vegans who had to stop being vegan because it effected their health in a negative way. Many of these were very strict vegans who did everything right.

As someone who studies Natural Hygiene ( the science of healing the body through nutrition) I agree that a diet of minimal cooked foods ( including meat or raw meat) mostly made up of fresh fruits and veggies with little meat is optimal for proper health but all one way or the other can get you into trouble. It depends on the individual person and their biological needs - all humans are not created equal. What works for some may not work for all.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I like your post.

An example ot a nutrient easily found in meat/animal food:
www.livestrong.com - Tryptophan...

Another:
www.livestrong.com - Zinc Oxide...

There're many examples of things much easier to find in animals. Thus, you arrive at the conclusion that people in the past got this nutrient from meat. Therefore, humans should eat meat.

HOwever, times change and there're other things going on. For example, after the age of 50 most adults absorb little if any b-12 from the meat they eat because of age. They need supplements.

Basically, be diverse. Diversity is hte key to living long. Eat raw as much as you can, like you say, but I wouldn't eat meat raw - i just don't think people in hte past did that nor should we.

Safest way to cook is boiling. Frying is a no no.
edit on 10-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
But Bacon tastes goooood Pork Chops taste goood!

I worked at a food Co-op all the Vegans that I met and worked with looked like death with some skin, oddly the vegan employees got sicker then those of us in the MEAT department and missed more work...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
She looks good for her age but she doesn't look a day under 55. That's my opinion anyway.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
Same diet as a monkey...?
Man, only for stars for that profound post! End sarcasm.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join