It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity rover detects bright object on surface of Mars...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehal
reply to post by Char-Lee

Yes, I clearly saw it. I was trying to say that I didn't know if somewhere they (NASA) clearly said it was either shaken out of the scoop when the shook it, or if it was there (on the ground) before the scoop even moved at all, or if they only noticed it after the scoop had made several movements or actually dug it's hole. I mentioned in my first post that the rockets from the sky crane could have blown dust and pebbles up onto the rover as I've seen debris on top of the rover in different photos. If that is the case, (if the rock came from the landing area and then was dislodged) it would be a different kind of pebble or rock than the ones in the area.

The vehicle is so very clean looking most of it is shinny like it never even got dust on it, but who knows, could be. Could be they accidentally killed the first alien life form!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Looks like some version of a grasshopper, but with a mouth the feeds off a hard surface, like tiny organic matter on rocks. As to why it happened to be there, maybe it was attracted to the rover, due to light reflection or some hum the rover might make.
edit on 9-10-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzlurkin
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Sorry, that was my first post on ATS. I can't make a new thread.

My apologies. I didn't notice. What do you need like 20 posts? Thats easy enough. You can do it in a days time. At least now you have a great post idea - if your quick enough to beat the others to it.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Looks like some version of a grasshopper, but with a mouth the feeds off a hard surface, like tiny organic matter on rocks. As to why it happened to be there, maybe it was attracted to the rover, due to light reflection or some hum the rover might make.
edit on 9-10-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

Ya was thinking the same thing. Grasshopper

So how long will it take them to come out with there BS.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It seems to be a piece of the rover!

A small piece of NASA’s Mars rover Curiosity has apparently fallen off into the Red Planet dirt, scientists announced today.

‘Bright Object’ on Mars Actually Plastic From Curiosity Rover

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

A small piece of NASA’s Mars rover Curiosity has apparently fallen off into the Red Planet dirt, scientists announced today.

That's interesting, a piece of bag-on-a-roll polythene, that stuff attracts all sorts of things, hardly a pristine vehicle before it left Earth then.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It would be nice if the close up photo taken by NASA had been in color. That would likely go a long way towards verification of wether it really is a piece off the rover.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Same article, second paragraph, third line: "though they’re still not sure what exactly it is"

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think it looks totally organlc.To me it looks like a half eaten grasshopper or a shrimp or a guppy a small fish. I've been military spec certified wiring And soildering and this dose not look like it could be part of some machinery.I've never worked in the space industry so who knows.I say it's organic.besides we know NASA is hiding things.right

edit on 9-10-2012 by rugger because: its a comment not a reply

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Of course is sounds plausable. Why would you think otherwise? What is not plausable that something fell off of the rover? They think it may be metal or plastic. No of course its much more fun to speculate that this was already there but chances are pretty darn good that it came off of the rover.
The plausability that is is something else is so vastly remote as to be non existant. Really.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Why is this in ufo forum. This should be in space forum as its real. It has nothing to do with UFO's so why would you put it in this forum?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I like how people state NASA is going to Cover it up, but they would LOVE to have a press conference and state they sound a fossil (or something) to shove in the face of Christians. Fact.

My fact? They won't ever find anything like that lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Grass hopper? Weedhopper, there is no plant material to eat on Mars. That grass hopper is way way off course.

I expect that when they blow the picture up they will find this guy.

www.google.com...://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/165877-29144-marvin-the-martian_large.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.comicvine.c om/marvin-the-martian/29-21380/&h=285&w=300&sz=13&tbnid=YKDH3JiTrDaS2M:&tbnh=91&tbnw=96&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmarvin%2Bthe%2Bmartian%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3 Du&zoom=1&q=marvin+the+martian&usg=__F5fIG7nG_phSqokU-ey884KyaL0=&docid=RKSCXm8c1wh_7M&sa=X&ei=H5x0UKzwC4bI2wXJ74CIDg&ved=0CDMQ9QEwAw&dur=1438

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
From JPL>

10.09.2012 Object Likely Benign Plastic from Curiosity Rover This image was taken by ChemCam: Remote Micro-Imager (CHEMCAM_RMI) onboard NASA's Mars rover Curiosity on Sol 62 Image taken by ChemCam Curiosity's main activity in the 62nd sol of the mission (Oct. 8, 2012) was to image a small, bright object on the ground using the Remote Micro-Imager of the Chemistry and Camera (ChemCam) instrument. The rover team's assessment is that the bright object is something from the rover, not Martian material. It appears to be a shred of plastic material, likely benign, but it has not been definitively identified. To proceed cautiously, the team is continuing the investigation for another day before deciding whether to resume processing of the sample in the scoop. Plans include imaging of surroundings with the Mastcam. A sample of sand and dust scooped up on Sol 61 remains in the scoop. Plans to transfer it from the scoop into other chambers of the sample-processing device were postponed as a precaution during planning for Sol 62 after the small, bright object was detected in an image from the Mast Camera (Mastcam). A Sol 62 raw image from ChemCam, at 1.usa.gov... shows the object in question just to left of center of the image. Sol 62, in Mars local mean solar time at Gale Crater, will end at 12:23 a.m. Oct. 9, PDT (3:23 a.m., EDT). mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

A piece fell off????? Where did they get this thing, Walmart?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I thought you were another member SaturnFX who has the same avatar as you.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't know why... but NASA is just in time for the "OCTOBER SURPRISE".

After several dozens of years of lie, finally a bit of truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

NASA sounds like a petulant child. According to you anyway. They would love to shove it in the face of Christians? No they wouldnt. You think mean thoughts. Please explain why they would love to shove it in the face of christians. All of NASA. every single worker from the boss down to the lady who cleans the restrooms. They all would love to stick it to the christians. HA HA.
One would hope that the workers at NASA are a little more mature than that.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join