It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity rover detects bright object on surface of Mars...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I like how people state NASA is going to Cover it up, but they would LOVE to have a press conference and state they sound a fossil (or something) to shove in the face of Christians. Fact.

My fact? They won't ever find anything like that lol.

Completely agree with you there they aint gonna admit they found something like a "slug" on Mars because this means almost without certainty that there is something else more advanced higher up the food chain.

However I find it hard to believe that a piece of the rover just "fell off." I mean this thing cost millions of dollars and built to the highest spec so i'm sure it was tested rigourosly to prevent something like this happening. But who knows maybe NASA needed something to spice up their mission becuase of dwindling interest from the public?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

You instead, sleep from many many years.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
haha @ the nasa story. all those millions spent on building this nifty little piece of machinery, traveling through the vacuum of space more than 500,000,000 km, landing safely and intact, and traveling about 30 meters per hour once on the surface; and a little piece just falls off. classic.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I highly doubt a piece fell off of the 2 billion dollar rover that needed to make it across millions of miles of space in one piece. Come on now people.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't understand why they don't just make a nice closeup picture with one of those high def cameras. Would answer the question of what it is straight out, wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros
reply to post by AmberLeaf

mmmm....so to get this right, a man made machine gets landed on a planet, moves a couple of hundred meters, sticks a 3 inch wide scoop in the ground and finds something shiny. So either A) the place is crawling with this stuff, B) it's the luckiest coincidence in history or C) something fell off the machine (Nasa's fav). My question is why don't they stick the scoop back in and see if any more bits fall off the rover *cough*

d)This is all fiction, and none of it is happening for real.

I choose d) bob.

MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax

We are such gluttons for punishment.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
some guy in chile dropped his keys in the desert I guess

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Nasa has just done something theyve never done before. Theyve basically said this isnt a rock. They dont seem to be covering anything up here. Part of the rover? Really? it made it to mars and now its gonna fall apart? Wtf. I feel like theyre ready for disclosure. They couldve never showed us this, but they showed it. They admitted its not a rock. Theyre not going to wildly speculate about what it is 10 seconds after viewing it like an atser would though.

Looks like a tooth to me. I wonder what the size of it is?

This is going to change history forever i think.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
When I fly to Mars I will be sure to tell you guys about all the hoax's NASA created

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fedeykin
I don't understand why they don't just make a nice closeup picture with one of those high def cameras.

This is a photo from one of those cameras, as you can see by the size of the sand particles.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
so this was dug out of the ground?
why is there no evidence on the pics of any digging?
its just plain flat surface?!?

anyone?
edit on 9-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It wasn't dug out of the ground. It was just found sitting on top of the dirt while they were digging.

LOL @ the people who think the explanation is a cover up. It was NASA who spotted the object, NASA who told you about the object, and NASA who got a close up picture of the object, and NASA who formed the explanation.

NASA didn't even have to tell you they found it... Why would they tell you just to cover it up? Some of you people are so void of logic.

edit on 9-10-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So on a serious note could it be Natural Glass

The Science of Glass

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

as you can see the OP is mis-leading people then

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
The rover took a scoop of dirt, and this fell out :scary:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What I want to know is...

Why do NASAs cameras suck so bad? Sheesh. 2 billion dollar rover and it can't take a color photo as clear as my iPhone? Next time attach a cheapo smartphone to the damn thin and take some decent pictures for cripes sake! NASA could end all sorts of conspiracies if they would just use cameras that are worth a crap.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It looks like a bird.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Looks like a prawn that fell off an ET plate.
Or, prawn too big, mouth too small.
What they failed to show you was the picnic table.
They really should be more careful with all the 'surveillance' going on.
Like leaving a smoking cigarette bud on Ho Chi Minh Trail or some poppy seeds on an afghan runway.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

I think they likely have better images than the ones they have posted for the public. Extremely high resolution photos would be huge files. They likely just post a sampling of a few of the images for the public's interest.

NASA said they spent an entire day analyzing this find, so I doubt they based their investigation all on this one photo. They were were likely reviewing many photos from different views that the public never saw.
edit on 10/9/12 by BlueAjah because: spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The close-up pic looks like a piece of chewed up plastic. Nice straight molded looking edge on one side, and on the opposite is the kind of ragged edge that occurs when plastic is stretched and torn. They should get the people that were involved on the assembly team and ask them what they think it might be. Could even be something like a temporary spacer used to damp vibrations during transport, but instead of falling off like it was supposed to during landing and deployment, maybe it got lodged in one of the mechanicals somewhere.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by senselessness

as you can see the OP is mis-leading people then

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
The rover took a scoop of dirt, and this fell out :scary:

Misleading...dont think so, but you are welcome to your opinion.

NASA officials say the Curiosity rover has made its first scoop of the surface of planet Mars and has detected a bright object on the ground.

Took a scoop, then discovered it...so im assuming, it wasnt on the surface to begin with.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join