It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Obama.com Owned by Bundler in Shanghai with Business Ties to Chinese Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is potential election dynamite!....And comes as a result of the release of a new GAI report.

In an explosive report set to send shockwaves through official Washington, the Government Accountability Institute (GAI) released a 108-page GAI investigation into the threat of foreign and fraudulent Internet campaign donations in U.S. federal elections

Breitbart News obtained an advance copy of the bombshell report which reveals that the Obama.com website is not owned by the president’s campaign but rather by Obama bundler Robert Roche, a U.S. citizen living in Shanghai, China. Roche is the chairman of a Chinese infomercial company, Acorn International, with ties to state-controlled banks that allow it to “gain revenue through credit card transactions with Chinese banks.” There’s more.

Source:
www.breitbart.com...
edit on 8-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon, 08 Oct 2012 09:16:55 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Six degrees of separation.

I am pretty sure within six degrees you could link to Obama to myself, weather that is damning or not in entirely subjective to the observer.

In this case, the journalist, has "connected the dots" and placed his own subjective meaning on the connections.

I will not deny though, that the connections are very interesting none the less.

How many times can things just be a coincidence.. .?

edit on 8-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Six degrees of separation.

I am pretty sure within six degrees you could link to Obama to myself, weather that is damning or not in entirely subjective to the observer.

In this case, the journalist, has "connected the dots" and placed his own subjective meaning on the connections.

I will not deny though, that the connections are very interesting none the less.

How many times can things just be a coincidence.. .?

edit on 8-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

I agree.
The journalist obviously doesn't know how business works, or has chosen to ignore it.

I am no Obama fan (I feel the need to state that every time, because I know a right-winger will be along any moment to whine about how I'm biased) but the word "China" is basically just being used as a red flag for a propaganda piece.

Romney has business ties to China, Chinese banks, Chinese industrialists and no doubt one or two of them are in senior positions with ties to the Chinese government. What does that say about Romney?

There's probably no story here, and I can bet that someone will be along any moment to expose how Romney has had business dealings with the Chinese that can look equally suspicious when you connect the dots too.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I will agree with your assessment.

The wonders of the internet, a medium for spreading uncensored truth and information, but also for the uneducated and misinformed of everybody who considers themselves a reporter.

I intentionally stayed away from the political implications, as you did via your disclaimer haha.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Interesting to note; there is no such website as obama.com. When you type that site in, it redirects you.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Acutally there is.

If you type Obama.com it will redirect to
contribute.barackobama.com/donation/index-ovf.html

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

But.. Romney went to Israel and met with diamond mine owners and the ultra rich during his campaign. Why would a candidate in need of money, one that doesn't benefit from campaigning out of the country, do such a thing?

I would say they are both guilty, but Romney almost certainly went to Israel to sell himself. I wonder what promises he made to those people rich people in exchange for their money... hmm.

Also.. as for the buzzword China. Romney visited a factory in China when Bain bought it. A factory that had barbed wire on the fences outside, sniper towers, and bedrooms where the workers ("employeees" lol) lived 10 to a room when they weren't working. So yeah Romney was in a slave labor camp to see the factory his company was buying. And somehow that wasn't enough to end his chances.

I am not an Obama supporter. They are both the same and they are equally bad. Vote Gary Johnson.
edit on 8-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Acutally there is.

If you type Obama.com it will redirect to
contribute.barackobama.com/donation/index-ovf.html

Is that not what I just said? There is no physical site for obama.com, it simply redirects.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Eh.. there is no Obama.com though. The other poster was right. As for the redirect, anyone could make it redirect anywhere else. A random person could buy Romney.xxx and make it redirect to Obama's donation page.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
Interesting to note; there is no such website as obama.com. When you type that site in, it redirects you.

It redirects one to the barackobama.com donation page.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

So?

Is that supposed to mean something? Anyone could buy a domain and make it redirect to someone elses page.

Vote Johnson!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Also.. as for the buzzword China. Romney visited a factory in China when Bain bought it. A factory that had barbed wire on the fences outside, sniper towers, and bedrooms where the workers ("employeees" lol) lived 10 to a room when they weren't working. So yeah Romney was in a slave labor camp to see the factory his company was buying. And somehow that wasn't enough to end his chances.

This is not a flame on you and may be a bit off topic but
I wonder why people don't protest agaiinst FoxxCon?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

It redirects one to the barackobama.com donation page.

Which is NOT owned by Robert Roche. I fail to see what the big deal is. So this Roche character bought obama.com and then took it upon himself to redirect traffic to the barackobama.com donation page. Correct me if I am wrong, Robert Roche is an American citizen, correct? Robert Roche legally purchased obama.com, correct? Robert Roche is free to do what he wishes with a website he owns, correct? Where's the bombshell?

Oh right, I forgot; this is a breitbart hit piece "bombshell".

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I would say Apple plays a part in trying to keep that news down. Did you read about the "mass suicide protest" of foxconn employees? They were threatening to jump off the roof. I don't buy apple products because of this stuff. I have never owned an iphone or ipod. I think there are small protests, but if people knew.. there would be a lot more.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I really don't think that many people know.. the stories are out there.. i don't really understand it. These people's lives are a living hell and they are forced to make products we use. They jump off the roofs so much (18 jumpers with 14 deaths in one incident in 2010) that they have installed suicide nets on the walls/roofs to catch them. That must be a terrible and unlucky life on this earth.. no choice just lost the lottery. I wonder if there's an app to tell a person when the person that built their ipod jumped off a roof to the his/her death?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Obama.com in sync. with my.barackobama.com is apparently tailor-made to encourage 68% of Internet traffic from foreign visitors to make (unchecked and untraceable) foreign or potentially fraudulent campaign contributions.

The unusual Obama.com website redirects traffic directly to a donation page on the Obama campaign’s official website, my.barackobama.com, which does not require donors to enter their credit card security code (known as the CVV code), thereby increasing the likelihood of foreign or fraudulent donations. The website is managed by a small web development firm, Wicked Global, in Maine. One of Wicked Global’s employees, Greg Dorr, lists on his LinkedIn page his additional employment with Peace Action Maine and Maine Voices for Palestinian Rights. According to the GAI report, 68 percent of all Internet traffic to Obama.com comes from foreign visitors.

Quoted from:
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

There is no proof of that. What on earth would make foreigners go there? Is there an ad campaign? Anyone could have done this. If I got to Obama.com first, I could have done this.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

These facts come from the GAI investigation report...not Breitbart.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
While Breitbart has a well deserved rep, and has focused on Obama in the report, I do think that the findings should be troubling for the voters..

Nearly Half of Congress Vulnerable to Fraudulent and Foreign Donations:

There's an option to DL the entire report, which at first glance appears to be non partisan and points out vulnerabilities from both sides of the aisle..

Discount the obvious slant of Breitbart and there still is something the voters should be concerned with IMO..

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I guess the name Government Accountability Institute is supposed to give them some kind of appearance that it is a real government over sight organization. But dd you know this company has only been there since 4/4/2012 6:30:37 PM. And they use Domain by Proxy and Godaddy. The whole thing is a scam.

who.godaddy.com...

WHOIS Information Registrant Domains By Proxy, LLC (480) 624-2599 Phone (480) 624-2598 Fax DomainsByProxy.com 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States [email protected] Administrative Contact Registration Private Domains By Proxy, LLC (480) 624-2599 Phone (480) 624-2598 Fax DomainsByProxy.com 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States [email protected] Technical Contact Registration Private Domains By Proxy, LLC (480) 624-2599 Phone (480) 624-2598 Fax DomainsByProxy.com 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States [email protected] Registered Through GoDaddy.com, LLC Domain Name: g-a-i.org Created on: 4/4/2012 6:30:37 PM Expires on: 4/4/2014 6:30:37 PM Last Updated on: 4/4/2012 11:30:37 AM Domain Servers NS63.DOMAINCONTROL.COM NS64.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am a little surprised that just anyone would happen to own the obama.com domain name.

A lot of companies paid through the nose to get their domain name into their own hands when enterprising people snapped them up before the companies thought to do it. I would have thought someone would have made a big offer to get that one, instead of letting 'just anybody' have it.

This guy isn't just anybody though. He's a campaign bundler for Obama.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join