It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy mortar, rocket fire from Gaza hits southern Israel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There're many thousands of rocket attacks from palestinian land (circa 2001-present):
en.wikipedia.org - Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel...

The Gaza strip is so small I honestly think it should be given to Israel. Fact: The smallest US state has over 7 times more land area than the Gaza Strip, not including water. It's too small to realistically satisfy its large population, right? And it has the 7th highest growth rate in the world, which is NOT a good sign. If it were a country, its density would be in the top 5 in the world. If I were born there, I'd want to get out as soon as possible to seek opportunity in other places. Additionally, there should be a larger gap between Israel populated areas and Palestinian territories for safety reasons. There's just too much hatred towards Israel for the two groups to live so close to each other.

In most of my posts I am hostile towards Iran, but I will say that when Israel was established in 1948 the UN could have done a better job of allocating land and listening to all parties. If I got my numbers right, most of the population in the then Palestine was 68% arab. Yet, most of the land was delegated to jewish ownership in 1948 with the creation of Israel. The arab revolt by Syria/Lebanon/Egypt/Iraq/etc led to a war and there were 700,000+ palestinian refugees.

It's worth revisiting the past:
en.wikipedia.org - 1948 Arab–Israeli War...
en.wikipedia.org - History of Israel...
en.wikipedia.org - Palestine...

And this:
mondoweiss.net - Mondo Exclusive: Google map of Israeli settlements...

It's understandable why Israel continually takes more land - aka. illegal settlements. Basically, it's a military response to protect its population from palestinian terrorists and other enemies. You know that whole "Attack them over there, so we don't have to attack them here." It's a gut reaction to protect Israel cities and attack those who're presenting the threat. Israel, as it's, is such a small piece of land too and that might spur them to spread out to not be concentrated. Granted, there's some Jewish radicalism as well that claims all that (formerly palestinian) land is theirs.
edit on 9-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

You need to do a lot of reading before having an opinion. They took over the land, put up fences and walls which are guarded by soldiers, and they control every single thing that comes in or goes out of the areas where they have the Palestinians fenced it. I would assume your indians are allowed to travel freely and can bring what they want in and out of their homes.. can leave their homes. I would also bet they fought back but were overwhelmed when you initially took their land. These people only lost their land not even a century ago.

It really seems you should do some brushing up on the topic.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

So you think that Israel should just get it all.. kick those people out of their homes and land and give Israel what's left even though they have already encroached on FAR more than their share (if they have a fair stake in any of it).

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

You mean like the US did during the cold war? It's wrong to prepare your people when another country openly discusses pre emptive strikes against your country?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You're not reading what I write.

Give it to Israel and relocate them to the West Bank. It has more land. Or send them to another country. Point being, the current situation is WORSE than what I'm suggesting here. Basically, you have 1.7 million plus people packed into an area that's 7/52 of the smallest US state (excluding water). I calculated the density and if the Gaza Strip were a country it'd be in the top 5 in the world. They have the 7th highest population growth rate in the world too. It's just insane. It makes no sense at all. Basically, I just can't imagine a worse situation for them. It's like asking for trouble.

If I were stuck in the Gaza Strip I would probably be misled into hating Israel too.
edit on 9-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by GeneralMishka

You mean like the US did during the cold war? It's wrong to prepare your people when another country openly discusses pre emptive strikes against your country?

I grew up in the Cold War, I never saw us air religious propaganda preparing for a CERTAIN war to usher in a messiah.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There has to be some mistake.

Surely, those were doves of peace that were released.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why is this topic so hard for ATS'ers to get their heads around. It is a religous war , that is ancient in its roots. 2 opposing religions claims the same sacred land. Take the rest of the world out of the politics of this arguement on either side and the root problem still exists. The biggest difference would be the radical islamists, they have no problem inflicting death and injury on any people, including their fellow muslims.

Eliminate the radicals and I am sure you will see the jews,christains and muslims living in peace. Until the radicals are quieted peace will never exist.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

It is Israels land period, it was given to them by GOD, palestine never existed. This is the essence of the problem.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I wish the Israelis would just level the entire bloody place. The Gaza Strip is nothing but trouble, and the Israelis know it. But they're too afraid of the global retaliation from people buying into the Palestinian "cause" to do what needs to be done.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT

It is Israels land period, it was given to them by GOD, palestine never existed. This is the essence of the problem.

If we're going that route than who is the only one that can give Israel back to the Jews?

a) Zionists
b) God
c) None of the above

Also, Palestine existed. Corruption Exposed has some pictures of old maps and even an old passport that all bare the name Palestine.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The way I read that article I thought 13 Israelis had died. After reading the post below me I went back and looked. Apparently that was just thrown in for the hell of it. They could be talking about anything.
edit on 9-10-2012 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh what a suprize, noone was hit/hurt. Its so obvious its a false flag effort to discredit the Palestinians where the rockets were probably launched by mossad operatives just to cause trouble and to justify the murder of another couple of hundred innocent people with an helicopter gunship attack on their chosen 'target' probably a hospital or school that the 'insurgents' were using as a base NOT!!! This makes me so fricking angry.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

by starting wars do you mean watching mortars explode in their land?

Iran, through Hamas, is desperate to lure Israel into a war.
That's exactly what is happening.Iran is having their proxies trying to enrage Israel into firing the first shot.How typically dispicable.Cowards getting their paid murderers to do their dirty work for them.
edit on 9-10-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

why do you think that the islamic states in the middle east are peace loving? they haven't been for a long, long, time. even their quran says it's ok to lie to obtain their objective.

where do you lot get this nonsense???

look,,,the quran, torah and bible do not condone lying....

islamic states have the oil that you and your system needs....thats why there is no peace.

tutut...the ignorance has me amazed sometimes

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Both sides have completely irrational bibles to thump.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
cmon...the opening line is pure lies ffs

"hamas and the islamic jihad"...islamic jihad..who are they???

its the pamela gellar corner....claiming they know what a jihad is...and that they want to fight it??lol

they must of done market research into these words..because the marge and homer simpsons will panic

pure war mongering propaganda....enjoy!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Give it to Israel and relocate them to the West Bank. It has more land. Or send them to another country....

That would be a clear violation of the 4th Geneva Convention (1949). All countries on earth signed on to the 4th GC, including Israel.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
to say it will never end until they can live together, the fact remain, israel is 45% larger than it was 60 years ago, dont sit here and try to paint them as some innocent people, had they stayed with in original borders , half of their problems would go away, but its not the case is it, take an old map of israel and impose it over a new map, almost twice the size.

so to sit there and say well they should just stop fighting israel and be friends, is moronic at best, and ignorant at worse, you dont make friends with people who continue to steal from you, where is the U.N telling them to stop, why aren't the usa /un, and other major countries not sitting on the borders of israel and palestine stopping the BS.

gee my neighbor keeps stealing my lawnmower , hedge clippers, and now hes building a fence on my side of the lawn, how can i stop him from doing this? i know! , ill invite him to my summer barb-q that should solve the problem, does that sound realistic? yah sure if you are one of the suckers taught to turn your cheek and get face kicked in. there were over 16 locations for israel up for discussion before israel was formed, why did they choose that specific plot of land, hrm i wonder.

every country and government is rotten, including my own, we wiped out hundreds of thousands to millions of indians, but we didn't sit there and pretend like it wasn't happening, we just did it,(and if i was alive then id be against that government as well including the current) don't hear about that holocaust every f ing year of my life, but i sure know about them jews and theirs christ if we didn't hear about it everyday/every year we might forget why we help them steal the land in the first place.

point is you don't make friends/peace with people stealing you #$%^ everyday.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
cmon...the opening line is pure lies ffs

"hamas and the islamic jihad"...islamic jihad..who are they???

I'm guessing they're referring to this group

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join