It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy mortar, rocket fire from Gaza hits southern Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
nevermind.
edit on 9-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
you here that??? the faint sound of Europe the final count down.

This situation as been waiting to kick off for decades!! at this point i kinda want somone to do somthing. put your money where your mouth is. im bored of all this talking i do not codone war but i feel in this case it is inevitable its going to happen at some point just get it over with.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

That analogy is crazy! The American Indians do still complain. Some are trying to secede right now. Imagine if they had Russia backing them and nukes! They of course never had a chance to fight back and after decades don't have a chance.

I am not giving my opinion because it's a complicated issue, but most people that are educated enough to have opinions don't think Israel will be there much longer. However with things like Israel's Samson option it becomes a dangerous game and changes the interest of parties that originally wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Personally I don't know what will happen, but I think Israel will start wars and if the are let to get out of hand Israel would use nukes.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

by starting wars do you mean watching mortars explode in their land?

Iran, through Hamas, is desperate to lure Israel into a war.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The problem in the middle east is simple. The Jews aren't wanted and the Muslim neighbors love poking them, to see what their reaction will be.

No it's not the Jews that aren't wanted it's the Zionist that aren't wanted. If you study a little history you would know the main purpose of Zionism is to raise the level of Antisemitism in the ME. It's nice how you paint Israel as always being the victim as if name dropping that piece of human garbage Ariel Sharon in some way makes it fact.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by AgentX09
Btw,there will never be peace as long as Hamas exists.

cute...
hamas was formed when isreal was formed
hamas was formed BECAUSE isreal was formed

peace

ahem
Hamas was formed because the Israelis thought Fatah was becoming too powerful, so they facilitated the birth of Hamas to counter Arafat, The PLO and their European Christian allies. Hamas is an enemy that Israelis will not have to give a State to, in the meantime they can wait for opportunities to dispossess not just Palestinians but their Arab Israeli citizens.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

What makes you think it's their land? Because they stole it? Most of Israel sits on stolen land so Hamas is actually bombing their own land. Which they have every legal right to do.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

That's only opinion though. It's a very confusing situation over there. If everything Israel says about Iran is true, why would Iran try to draw Israel into a war before their alleged nuclear weapons facilities are complete and producing? That doesn't make sense. So are they not making those weapons or are they not giving orders to Hamas. Could it not just be that the attacks are direct result of the treatment of the Palestinians?

Israel has an incredible history of false flag attacks and target killings that leave civilians dead. It's hard to pinpoint the motives for rocket attacks. It's hard to pinpoint who is actually making the attacks.

As always with this topic I feel I have to make a disclaimer (which is a shame) that I don't have any problem with Jews or Muslims. I think most people in the US do have a misguided opinion of Israel and Iran. Over demonizing Iran (though they are by no means saints) and excusing Israel far too much.

If anything I would say that Israel is trying to draw Iran into a war and I think the evidence is on my side. It actually doesn't make sense the other way around.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Exactly. I think people believe zionist is just a made up term to be openly anti semitic and excuse themselves (i also think there has been efforts to create that sentiment), but there is a difference. As has been stated here many times before, there is a huge Jewish population living and worshiping in Iran.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Israel must be tired of these attacks . I wonder why both palestine and Israe come into compromise .

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Pics of poor victims!

Always the victims!!

Show me the pics of the motors being fired!!!

SO WHO IS REALLY FIRING AT WHO??

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I don't recall saying that Israel was devoid of blame.

I do recall saying that they show restraint. Not quite the same thing as calling them angels.

You can hide behind the zionism tag all you want but go and ask the muslims in the region if they'd be ok if the jews stayed and the zionists left. Safe bet that the response is "they're one and the same."

I like how you spin my Sharon comment. Read it again. I said the man scared me.

Lastly, and I mentioned this already, before the islamic faith existed, there was judaism and Israel. It's ok for them to be thrown out but not ok for them to want it back?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

First of all, Israel struck first.

Secondly, Iran does NOT want war with Israel or any other nation for that matter.

No one has anything to gain from any war but the Israeli government. Regrettably the Zionists are willing to sacrifice the peaceful Jewish people in Israel and many Arabs and Persians as well.

Zionism and the creation of Israel is the problem, not Hamas. Hamas is part of the problem, but they are certainly not the root cause.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Disagree,
Iran is psychologically preparing their population for a war with Israel. They consistently air propaganda programs repeating Shia hadiths predicting this war and the coming of their messiah(mahdi). From what I gather from their programs, the only missing ingredient in their Eschatology is the fall of the House of Saud

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As some of the other sources indicate, Israel struck first. I will share an example of the media back pedaling and changing their story to suit Israel's propaganda induced agenda.

NY Times headline reverses chronology, story leaves out important information

oday’s New York Times features a headline that reverses the sequence of events described in the story it is allegedly representing. It also omits significant information.

The headline reads: “Israel Launches Airstrikes After Attacks From Gaza” in a story bylined by Isabel Kershner. In other words, in its usual fashion, the New York Times headline tells readers that Israeli violence is defensive and came after Palestinians initiated the violence.

In reality, it was the opposite, as the lead paragraph states: “Palestinian militants from Gaza fired a barrage of rockets and mortar shells into Israeli territory on Monday, causing no casualties but some property damage, AFTER an Israeli airstrike wounded at least 10 Palestinians in southern Gaza on Sunday [emphasis added].”

Farther down, the story reports, “The latest flare-up began with the [Israeli] missile strike on Sunday against two men who Israel said were members of jihadist groups…. at least eight passers-by were also injured.”

In addition to reversing the party responsible for the initiation of violence, the Times story also omits information about the 8 people who were “also injured.” Were they old men? Women? Children? What is the nature of their injuries? Will any be permanent?

The Times doesn’t tell us. Yet, while reporter Isabel Kershner didn’t bother to obtain or convey this information, she does tell us, “Several goats were killed in a petting zoo in an Israeli communal farm…”

It looks like pet goats are more important than Palestinian children in the media's eyes.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

Disagree,
Iran is psychologically preparing their population for a war with Israel. They consistently air propaganda programs repeating Shia hadiths predicting this war and the coming of their messiah(mahdi). From what I gather from their programs, the only missing ingredient in their Eschatology is the fall of the House of Saud

I respect your right to disagree, but as you say, we disagree.

Iran is not as suicidal and barbaric as the media makes them out to be and they just want peace. Don't get me wrong, they as all other nations in the region are always thinking ahead in both a defensive and offensive nature but all the rhetoric coming from the Iranian regime is strictly defensive in a "if we get attacked" context.

Meanwhile the Israel and the West are constantly making threats based on lies. And the leaders in Iran know that if war were to happen their regime would be dismantled and a new puppet regime would get installed, just like in 1953.

I don't understand why people use religion as part of their argument when it comes to these political debates, in your defense religion is a factor but not as important as most people believe. I believe the religion card is a smoke screen to help demonize all Arabs and Persians as religious extremists. Yes extremists exist, on both sides.

This is about strategic positioning and oil, not religion.

PNAC tells us all about it, this has been planned for a long while now.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well they hardly complain, I'm talking about the Canadian Indians. They don't send rockets or do any terriost acts against us.. When we took all their land..So why can't the muslims just get along with Israel they are a country and live there, thats it.. GET OVER IT people, nothing you can do will get rid of them, jews are nice people it's ignorant to judge one mans government, and say all the people inside it are scum.. It's like saying, America is scum because of there Gov. So, all the people are scum.. That would be an ignorant statement.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You continously spew the same bull# over and over again, despite the fact that it's based on a false premise.

According to verifiable history, Palestine belonged to the United Kingdom prior to the creation of Israel. In fact, the region was never an independent "Palestinian" state throughout recorded history.

Of course, there could have been an independent state of Israel AND Palestine in 1948 had the Arab delegation in the region accepted the U.N. Partition Proposal to share the land, but of course, they decided to attack Israel instead and got their asses handed to them. It was a mistake they would make a few more times in recent history, only to get their asses handed to them yet again, and lost more territory as a result.

The Palestinians only have their corrupt delegations and terrorist political regimes over the last 60 years to blame for their current predicament.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Political Manipulations ....... Que Bono ?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Lol.. of course they would say that because it's mostly true. Read the definition of Zionism.. basically it's Jews that support a Jewish nation state.

From Wiki:

Zionism (Hebrew: ציונות‎, Tsiyonut) is a form of nationalism of Jews and Jewish culture that supports a Jewish nation state in territory defined as the Land of Israel.[1] Zionism supports Jews upholding their Jewish identity and opposes the assimilation of Jews into other societies and has advocated the return of Jews to Israel as a means for Jews to be liberated from anti-Semitic discrimination, exclusion, and persecution that has occurred in other societies.

Summed up: Scary serious Jews.
When you consider all the things that have happened in the name of Zionism, it honestly doesn't look to friendly.

I bet however they wouldn't mind coexisting with Jews as they do in Iran and other countries. They wouldn't mind a Jewish presence that didn't try to own the country, the government and etc. Also, Israel doesn't show THAT much restraint. Unless you mean they don't nuke them..

It's also worth nothing that there was a Jewish population before it was handed over to the Zionists which took over the land. They owned a minority of the land, but they were there.

I really think you are looking over a lot of things here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join