It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy mortar, rocket fire from Gaza hits southern Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

there will be a link to a certain other country in the region, a case of "look they are sponsoring the perpetrators of the latest attack" again.

Do not look at what the left hand is doing, watch what the right hand is doing whilst trying to avoid looking at the pretty assistant.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Oh trust me.. I know. I am not a big fan of the Israeli government and can understand why they (Palestinians)lash out. I support the Palestinians and think their land should be expanded (large parts returned) and they shouldn't be held captive as they are.

I am just not so sure that these rocket attacks, that never hit anyone but are guaranteed vicious reprisals, are doing for Palestine if not just gaining attention from Israels over the top counter attacks. I guess it's just to never let them feel at peace since they are basically sqautting on Palestinian land.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

To be honest I have a pretty good idea what is going on (in my opinion at least).

I try to reserve judgement until I have evidence to support my claims, my whole conspiracy theory on this thing is beyond what I feel like going off about right now.

We shall sit and watch these events unfold and we will all know soon enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Historically the Arab Governments around Israel have a real problem with the establishment of the country of Israel; the independent nation of Israel was created in 1948. Five Arab nations: Egypt, Transjordan (now Jordan), Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq, immediately attacked Israel, and lost badly. These mostly Islamic countries have as their stated goal the total annihilation of the Israeli state. Is it any wonder that Israel shoots first and asks questions later?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

How was Israel created?
I remember that war.. that's the one where Israel attacked the US and gunned down our sailors IN THE WATER (as in bombed the ship USS Liberty, then when the guys were in the water, they pulled up gun boats and machine gunned them in the water)! The took out their communications first and while they were attacking (their planes had their i.d. marks covered) the US had their finger on the button to NUKE Cairo and recalled the planes going to defend the Liberty. So Israel killed our soldiers to try to pin it on Egypt.

Don't look at it from one side. Israel is far from innocent. Why not annex part of Germany and give that to the Jews? If anyone should have been giving something to the Jewish people (as well as other people) it's Germany right?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Is it any wonder that Israel shoots first and asks questions later?

Yah, my neighbor does the same thing. Whenever he hears gunfire in his neighborhood, he opens a window and unloads in the general direction of the shots.

To the OP: Who gave the prisoners in Gaza rockets anyway? Don't they know if something comes over the wall the Israeli air force will return 1 ton of high explosive for every anarchist basement pop? And the Israelis won't miss either. They will target women and children. Then the survivors will retreat to their basements and build more whiz bangs.

It will never stop because Israel will never let those people go.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
When ever rockets are launched from Gaza i think "who does this benefit"? It certainly doesn't benefit the Palestinian people and it doesn't benefit the Israeli people. Is it just coincidence that rocket attacks usually coincide with something else that is happening that goes against what the Zionists want. It does seem that the only group that benefits from rocket attacks is the Israeli government. Hhhmmmmm?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think you guys are bang-on,these 'incidents' are an attempt at getting a military response,poss to drag other countries into the fray?,i have no idea who will ultimately benifit, only arms dealers and puppet masters imo
edit on 8-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

I think this reaffirms my earlier speculation

"DUBAI (Reuters) - The incursion by an unmanned aircraft into Israeli airspace at the weekend exposed the weakness of Israeli air defenses, an Iranian military official was quoted as saying on Monday."

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

Was clearly a targetting drone

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Why not annex part of Germany and give that to the Jews? If anyone should have been giving something to the Jewish people (as well as other people) it's Germany right?

Thats why the Jews left europe altogether. Nobody wanted them. Even during the war, they were refused sanctuary by other countries and they were fleeing tyranny at the time. Goes to show... they went to the only place they could (with help). They got their "homeland" and the Allies got an instant permanent base in the Middle East. Israel has been a thorn in the side of the region (and for that matter, the world) ever since.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
For me it doesn't really matter who fired first on this occassion.

When Cast Lead started Israel said it was in retaliation to rockets from Gaza but we found out later the rockets were in response to an assasination by Israel ... so it's all tit for tat.

However Palestinians have in my view every right to fight to get their country back, so any attack from them is justified, and since the Muslim world has 1.6 billion vs Israels 6 million Jews it is only a matter of time before Israel is demolished.

If Jews or Israeli's think that Muslims are somehow going to forget all the atrocities committed against Palestinians over the years by Israeli's they should think again. Every single murderous act will eventually be avenged and Israel will only have itself to blame.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If by way of logic Israel belongs to Jewish people, then native Indians should reclaim America not to mention the Aboriginal tribes should stake their claim on Australia..

Why stop there we should return to the United Kingdom to the Celts.

The state of Israel was put there to destabilize the region and get a foothold in the Middlle East, Just like the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

"n the time that Muhammad lived in Medina there was peaceful relations between Jews and Muslims. There were even times that Jews and Muslims actually fought together. The tribes of Medina which included several Jewish tribes had sworn an oath to Muhammad to protect Medina. The Quraysih tribe, whom were enemies of Muhammad, set out to attack to Medina. Unfortunately the battle was set to take place on the Sabbath, and many of the Jewish tribes did not want to fight. A Rabbi by the name of Mukhyriq told his followers that they had to uphold their promise to Muhammad. So, on the Sabbath, Rabbi Mukhyrib, and some of his followers went to fight with Muhammad to protect Medina. The Muslims won , but during the battle Rabbi Mukhyrib was killed. Muhammad was upset when he learned about the death of Mukhyrib. Muhammad praised the memory of the Rabbi and called him “the best of Jews”.

kookyplanet.wordpress.com...

Another reason Israel was created is because nobody else wanted to accept Jewish people into their country

"After World War II many Jews fled from Europe to the British protectorate of Palestine. The major reason that Jews fled to Palestine was because European Jews could not go anywhere else . Many countries during and after World War II would not accept a large amount of Jewish immigrants. Also, at this time many Arab countries were under the control of European countries such as Britain, and France. There was a lot of anger by Arabs towards Europeans for occupying their countries."

When you come back to reality, you see that the hatred between Jewish people and Muslims was created by the West. I wouldn't be surprised if the west has set them up to destroy each other.
edit on 8-10-2012 by rolfharriss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You know CE, I'm a supporter of Israel.

I am also a supporter of a Palestinian state. (I know, weird huh).

The problem with terrorists and terrorism is that it rarely makes sense. The whole point of it is to incite fear through the destruction of property and mass murder. It has no other aims or goals. It is not a concerted military effort so therefore it's strategies are mired in obscure political and ideological concepts.

The other problem here is that Hamas is a terrorist organization with political control of Gaza. What they say goes in Gaza and these attacks are simply one facet of their extremist MO. Their goal isn't co-existing with Israel it is the destruction of it and they have managed to convince the population of Gaza who voted them in, that endless war with a far superior military is in their best interest. There cannot be peace so long is extremists are in control of Gaza, and in turn there cannot be a stable Palestinian state so long as the ruling party supports an agenda of total destruction of Israel.

Israel is not going anywhere. People need to get used to that fact. Gaza isn't going anywhere, people need to get used to that fact too. But so long as the notion that one or the other could be drawn into it's own destruction by such means as terrorism, or proxy-military action, there can be no progress between the two warring factions.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
what's the purpose?

to not be forgotten. to not let the world forget they exist and their plight.

for the international community to take notice that they are in a virtual prison with no chance at freedom, branded terrorists and living in a situation where they could get completely wiped out on an israeli whim in less than 4 hrs of air and missile strikes, with no way of defending themselves.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Those who thought they can make a Zionist state among Muslims are fools and they are not going to learn a lesson from their mistake.

First they established a Zionist state.

Then they decided to change the neighbors.

They succeeded by installing Puppets like Mubarac , Qaddafi , Shah , Saddam and Ale- Saud tribe in Arabia.

But then people learn about their right to change these puppets and play the games for their own.

The revolution is just getting momentum and Zionists have no idea who will get them out.

Arabia will be independent and free soon and the last star of hope in Zionism sky will dim.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Israel is not going anywhere

Right.

Because Israel was not there.

So it can not go nowhere from nowhere.

And when you say those who want their land back are terrorist , you just let us know that you are just some one brainwashed by MSM.

I told you. for your own good.

Clue
edit on 8-10-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The only reason I can see for these kind of pointless attacks would be to draw Israel into attacking the Palestinians, with the hope that their Arab neighbors will untie against a common enemy.

The arab world always seems to be at conflict, usually with themselves. Different factions fighting each other, tooth and nail, except when there's a reason to band together, such as was the case when Russia invaded Afghanistan. Iran is, supposedly, backing Hamas, Syria etc and it would serve them well if they could unite the rest of the middle east in a battle against Israel because that would draw the US into the mix and then they can try and turn their neighbors against us as well.

It hasn't worked yet, it won't work going forward. Unless some truly damaging, horrific act takes place. Nuke type exploision or a dirty bomb and, even then, I feel, the world will know where this came from creating the opposite reaction and, possibly, bringing an end to the current regime in Iran.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
PROPAGANDA...LIES...FABRICATED CLAIMS

WE HAVE ENTERED THE SEASON OF WAR MONGERING....DO NOT BE LIED TO..unless you want...lol

this BS...50 mortar rounds...erm gaza doesnt have morters....and what morters can travel that many miles??

im not buying it..heavy morter rounds!...someone probably threw a stone.....

peace

oh i get it...they want to implicate egypt....good luck...like before, the buck stops with egypt.
edit on 8-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, whatever Israel does to them they got it coming. If the cowards would actually take time to aim their weaponry instead of firing blindly behind walls and objects they might actually hit something, but hitting something isn't their goal, stirring up trouble is their goal and getting the rest of the world on Israel's case when Israel retaliates is their real goal. I wonder if they bother to think about the innocent people who might die in that retaliation? Perhaps those human sacrifices will please their god.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join