It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only Great Thing Wal-Mart Has in The Aisles...But Not For Long!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
One of my all time favorite songs by the late great Etta James sung by an unassuming, shy man on the street.

Worker at by Wal-Mart by day but not for much longer I believe.

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wow. That kid is amazing! Why on earth is he working at Walmart with talent like that?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by jude11

Wow. That kid is amazing! Why on earth is he working at Walmart with talent like that?

I'm pretty sure that he'll be giving his notice soon.

Bye-Bye Wally!

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Outstanding..

have to keep watching it ..
Incredible singing voice..

Best of luck to him..

It's things like this that really goes to show just how much this society struggles to bring to light raw talent like this. It would rather have people like him stuck in a no hope job, for a no chance wage in order to become a wage slave

It's a shame that the same system feeds us programmes like this in order to "discover" such natural, raw talent.

Our education system could do so far more, and better, if talent like this was spotted at an earlier age and promoted along the right channels in the first place. He is just one example of what we could all be....

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yes, a truly amazing vocal performance.....

I do not watch these X-Factor type programmes very often, I believe that they contribute so much drivel into the music industry, especially where Simon Cowell is concerned.....

But occasionally a singer comes along from nowhere and blows you away....

I have seen this guy perform a few songs now and he has not disappointed at all.....

He is the kind of singer that can rehearse a song in a certain way, but as soon as he sets foot on stage he sings the song as he sees fit with soul and from the heart.......

He never sings the same song the same way, every time he adds and adds to it which cultivates into such a wonderful crescendo.....

As long as he keeps getting great songs to sing, then I feel he can do no wrong....

Let's just hope they don't try to give him a song that doesn't fit his voice and ruin it for him.....

I have always been a fan of Jackie Wilson, I thought his range and structure of a song was awesome, but this guy knocks Jackie into the ground.....

Still got the goosebumps standing up on my neck now......

BRILLIANT.............................

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Made me cry. Wow, what a voice! Phew, knocked me socks off. I hope he goes far and success is kind to him.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Fantastic talent. Good luck, hope you succeed in your quest to become a star.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
WOW! That's all I can say after watching this five times already! WOW! Wonderful!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Great talent, really superb voice.

A pity he will be signed up to a major record label who will mould him in to another generic pop star singing unoriginal songs written by the same songwriters who write for all the other pop stars.

Only way to make it and have any chance of keeping some originality is to get signed off your own back and negotiate hard with the labels so that they understand that you know how good you are, thus they will give you more
flexibility. Obviously that is insanely hard for anyone to do.

I hope he ends up being the exception to the norm but xfactor winners just end up going through the same process and I find it embarrassing how there is just no soul in the music that the contestants end up producing. HE'll be told how to dress, talk and walk like all the others,.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Once in awhile you come across something that makes your spirit sore just in it's presence. This young man's singing does just exactly that. Thank you for sharing this with us! It took me three times lisening to it just to be able to post a reply. And people say there's no God.
What a wonderful gift he's sharing with all of us, and humble to boot!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks
reply to post by jude11

Once in awhile you come across something that makes your spirit sore just in it's presence. This young man's singing does just exactly that. Thank you for sharing this with us! It took me three times lisening to it just to be able to post a reply. And people say there's no God.
What a wonderful gift he's sharing with all of us, and humble to boot!

I beat you...I've listened about 10 times now.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

WOW!!! The best thing to ever come out of any walmart anywhere! .... And it's not even one of their products! LOL!!!

Thanks for sharing Jude!

Peace

-AS-

SnF for brightening my day

edit on 7-10-2012 by AeonStorm because: snf

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hey I just bought a Sig Sauer M400 from wal-mart at well below MSRP.

It's not so terrible really.

Great pair of lungs.
edit on 7-10-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Amazing people turn up in many places very talented this man is far from my style of music but respect for their mastery of their arts their presence in their voices are gripping . Reminds me a lot of this Korean talent show where this kid also belts out an amazing voice

edit on 7/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Amazing people turn up in many places very talented this man is far from my style of music but respect for their mastery of their arts their presence in their voices are gripping . Reminds me a lot of this Korean talent show where this kid also belts out an amazing voice

edit on 7/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

I remember that one.

My wife is Korean so naturally I had the honor of watching it about a gazillion times...

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Great suffering creates great music and no one suffers more than a walmart employee

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

his latest, awesome!! xx

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Whoa made me choke up, this kid is amazing. I love that song too, here's another rendition of it from a 2011 underdog looking contestant.

This guy gets judged for his looks right off the bat but kills it! Made me laugh at the end too ''Where's the bar?''

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesiaha
Whoa made me choke up, this kid is amazing. I love that song too, here's another rendition of it from a 2011 underdog looking contestant.

This guy gets judged for his looks right off the bat but kills it! Made me laugh at the end too ''Where's the bar?''

I remember that one!

Couldn't remember the name and so glad you brought it forward.

"At Last" makes me shiver every time someone belts it out in the right way and Josh did a great job with a Joe Cocker style.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I don't watch these talent shows, so I have no idea what's out there.

This was worth watching & hearing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join