It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Boy Scout Denied Eagle Scout Because He's Gay

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I would have two programs, with each criteria. I believe that is the most fair.

Fair?

It is not fair. It is divisive and discriminatory.

Do you support separate drinking fountains for Whites and Blacks too?

Of course not. Those actions do not involve the sensitivity of sexual relations between same sex or non same sex partners - especially for Children. There is no comparison between the two.

There absolutely is.

Its about division and discrimination because of how a particular group believes.

Christians used the Mark of Ham to justify slavery and treatment of people of color.

Exactly the way they use their bible belief today to discriminate against a minority group they don't accept.

Both people of dark skin and homosexual are what they are born. Basically as God made them.

Don't even go to "its a choice" - - - I no longer accept that ignorance from anyone.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Relevant to me. It is just as much a part of me as my spiritual path, my work, friends I associate with and new ones I meet. Appearing ''Straight" , Alot of women sometimes think I might be interested in them, because of my extrovert manners and friendliness. I think most like Knowing and they are OK I am Open about it, thus no misunderstandings and hurt feelings on either side.

Could you cut your sexuality out of sight for everyone you know? Nope,, if you did,, they would wonder,, IS He GAY?

Sometimes it is the things that you would have NO Concept of that are affected by being as open as many gay people. We are tired of being pushed around as if we are less than you.

Your attitude seems more coy and really begging for attention. Maybe you have had thoughts, and thus you wish eveyone else to shut up lest they suspect you of ''wondering'' . Hmmmm.?

It is better to try and understand something that you have no concept of in reality than to hope we can push it back under the rug.
Well, sorry, the genie is out of the bottle,, and we are not really concerned with such egotistical mutterings such as you state. Just a tad selfish about what should be in this great big World?

I suggest you get to know some gay men and then, you will soon realize,, Even if we are vocal on this subject, that being Homosexual is not much different than your own life. It is the Assumed Measures we are really talking about, such as it is in general Assumed that one is Straight,, unless it is Obvious to sight, or Stated Out Front.
We don't all wear Leather or Boa covered dresses all the Time, we are just like you, Human and wish to fulfill our lives with as much happiness and love as the next person. You Included.

Lets Let Live and Live. How about that?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Because of people like you!

We have to make it an issue, because for decades we could be imprisoned or even killed for being gay. For decades people had to march in the streets just to be able to report a crime to the police without being beaten to death by them! For decades we were treated as second class citizens, and in many places WE STILL ARE!

When we have the same rights as you, then we'll shut up. Until then, we'll just keep making noise. Don't like it? Tough.

To quote a man of wisdom:

"yea... well... you know... thats just like... your opinion man..."

For every choice theres a consequence. Just deal with yours. And you only have the same basic rights as me, not every damn right, thats for sure.

So yea you're going to be discriminated, deal with it - cry me a river - stop with your "noise making" because its not getting you anywhere - actually ppl cant stand to hear it anymore; ppl are just sick and tired of the gay cry, so freaking much and so evident that even the UN removed sexual orientation from that resolution regarding the death penalty, remember? (the really fun part here is that the mighty US abstained lol) So its not really working out for you guys is it?

Now I'll just end my post with your own words:

"Don't like it? Tough."

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by dayve

Relevant to me. It is just as much a part of me as my spiritual path, my work, friends I associate with and new ones I meet. Appearing ''Straight" , Alot of women sometimes think I might be interested in them, because of my extrovert manners and friendliness. I think most like Knowing and they are OK I am Open about it, thus no misunderstandings and hurt feelings on either side.

Could you cut your sexuality out of sight for everyone you know? Nope,, if you did,, they would wonder,, IS He GAY?

Sometimes it is the things that you would have NO Concept of that are affected by being as open as many gay people. We are tired of being pushed around as if we are less than you.

Your attitude seems more coy and really begging for attention. Maybe you have had thoughts, and thus you wish eveyone else to shut up lest they suspect you of ''wondering'' . Hmmmm.?

It is better to try and understand something that you have no concept of in reality than to hope we can push it back under the rug.
Well, sorry, the genie is out of the bottle,, and we are not really concerned with such egotistical mutterings such as you state. Just a tad selfish about what should be in this great big World?

I suggest you get to know some gay men and then, you will soon realize,, Even if we are vocal on this subject, that being Homosexual is not much different than your own life. It is the Assumed Measures we are really talking about, such as it is in general Assumed that one is Straight,, unless it is Obvious to sight, or Stated Out Front.
We don't all wear Leather or Boa covered dresses all the Time, we are just like you, Human and wish to fulfill our lives with as much happiness and love as the next person. You Included.

Lets Let Live and Live. How about that?

Im just gonna resign from this argument or whatever it is.. No i dont "have thoughts, n wish everyone else would shutup".. It doesn't bother me on a personal level, like i said i have a few openly gay friends.. But when they flaunt around and call everybody homophobic that doesn't agree with homosexuality, it gets a lil ridonkulus... It's not singling them out either, its every body that has a belief n wants to throw it in peoples face, its annoying..

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Inappropriate, sorry.
edit on 8-10-2012 by roblot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Going by the "being gay is a choice" theory, we can easily look for evidence at those religious clinics that claim to revert a person back to heterosexuality.. but, of course, there is none.

It's like the scientology clinics for addicts that claimed they had a lower relapse rate than any other method, which is entirely BS.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A group that diesn't allow gays isn't giving something to a gay member....wow, who ever saw the Boy Scout followering their rules. That's amazing

I also heard this white boy scout was rejected for a scholarship, from the United Negro College Fund.....

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

It appears to be a local issue, as the article you provided states that the Boy Scouts do not inquire to sexual orientation.

While I think it is stupid, the BSA has the right to exclude, and everyone has the right to participate or go somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Folks, this is what is known as another politically correct slippery slope.

No matter what the leader told him about "getting past the gay thing" the boy KNEW there was a possibility of not getting it because of it.

Now, I think this is yet another lawsuit to force people who are opposed to gay agendas having it forced down their throat. Is there not ONE sacred place where kids can just be kids anymore?

Kids already have to accept it in their schools, dont say anything "offensive" about it, tolerate open acts of "affection" that others find offensive.

I have always been for equal rights. But I draw the line on such a lifestyle that parents who don't agree with this, should have to have it around their kids. This is a MORALITY issue, and an offense to parents who want to raise their kids without their kids having to accept that gay is ok.

Dont tell me its a private matter. Gays are so defiant these days that it usually doesnt stay private, but instead is an "in your face" behaviour.

To me your civil rights cease when they infringe on mine. Your rights to be gay are just fine, but I dont want to see it!

And herein lies the problem. Nothing like this is ever simple. The slippery slope always applies. When abortion started we were told it was only for the first trimester. NOW look where it has gotten to. LAter term abortions with live babies being delivered then killed.

In this case, this slippery slope will not end until a lifestyle that many find offensive and immoral has infilitrated every part of society, including what was normally a safe place for children, such as the Boy Scouts.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by dayve

Not Happening Dude. I am a gun toting, pagan Southern Red Neck Homo American and proud of it. I also stand up for my more ''sissyfied' brothers and butch sisters,, so give it up,,,

as the saying goes,,

Were Here, We're Queer Get USED TO IT. We Ain't going away.

See.... The homo part is irrelevant, y do people need to know that? I dont get it...

Because of people like you!

We have to make it an issue, because for decades we could be imprisoned or even killed for being gay. For decades people had to march in the streets just to be able to report a crime to the police without being beaten to death by them! For decades we were treated as second class citizens, and in many places WE STILL ARE!

When we have the same rights as you, then we'll shut up. Until then, we'll just keep making noise. Don't like it? Tough.

Yea but child molesters n adults that like lil kids can same the same thing.... A 30 year old man with a 15 year old can say, "well we love each other" we want just as many rights as the next person. Im not saying the morality is the same, but one group wants rights knowing that what they do is frowned up, makes no sense... I have gay friends, even married ones, so im not really homophobic or against it, i just think people go to far to throw it in peoples faces.... Same goes for religion and racists too since you brought that up, they need to shutup as well..

And here we have it folks, the age old "gay = pedo" argument, the last resort for the homophobes or religious bigots to run to. Like the argument about gay marriage "what next? People marrying Goats?!?!?!?!?!?"

Utterly ridiculous!
You are now comparing a disgusting crime with the act of loving a consenting adult.

The point is that you have no right to be dictating to others how they live their lives or what rights they have based on their sexuality.

What kind of retarded upbringing makes someone think that sexuality makes YOU any better than someone else?

Why do you deserve more rights or equality than a gay person? What makes YOU special?

I'm lost for words, I really am. I'm always surprised that such ignorance and stupidity exists in 2012, but it clearly does.

This is what cults do to people. Brainwashing individuals into believing they are superior to others and that they deserve more rights and freedoms than others.

I don't believe for a moment that you have any gay friends. If you do, you obviously don't talk to them about anything of importance. And if you have expressed this opinion in their company, they are not friends of yours, they are acquaintances who merely tolerate your presence for as little time as needed before they usher you out of the door.

I'll bet that if they knew that you view them as second-class citizens not worthy of the same rights as you, and if you were open about your comparison of them to child molesters, they would drop you in an instant.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
To me your civil rights cease when they infringe on mine. Your rights to be gay are just fine, but I dont want to see it!

I can say the same thing to you. Think about that the next time you're kissing your girlfriend or wife out in public, I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!

What's the difference? Oh yes, you mean we can have equality, to a certain point. In other words, we should just be happy that we're not criminals any more and leave it at that?

As a gay man, I don't see how it is "shoved in your face". How exactly does that happen? I can imagine that if you walk into a gay club you might see some people being affectionate, but how exactly does others being gay affect YOUR LIFE in any way?

The fact is it doesn't. This is just another BS line used by homophobes to justify their bigotry. They want people to hide, to lie, to pretend to be something they're not so they don't have to think about it.

Again, tough ****. You don't like it? F off to some dictatorship where women are stoned in the market or kids have their hands cut off for stealing bread. That's the kind of country you're more suited to.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Your surprised?

People say gays are socially accepted but its like racism, yea theres less of it but its never gonna be level playing field.
He can't express he's gay and expect an organization like that to be cool with it.
Why don't we just mix the boy scouts and the girl scouts?
Its not a public school, thats why they're separate in the first place. You're not going to send your girl scout to the woods with boy scouts eye-ing her? so why send your boy camping? Me personally , I would introduce myself to the individual and make a decision based on that before i can justify letting my child go back. At that age all they think about is sex. Hollywood uses sex to sell bc apparently thats what ppl want to see yet in reality parents are trying to suppress their kids from sex

I have gay friends and they're normal a** people, but there are sexual deviants in the world and i think most teens are sexual deviants lol
Its okay to be gay but just like you have the right to sexual preference , people have the right to interact with who they want. Sound cold? maybe but your perceived world and the actual world are two different places. Most ppl are closed minded and ignorant so you have to play by the rules.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Is there not ONE sacred place where kids can just be kids anymore?

Apparently not.

When there are adults around who think like you.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePhilosopherKingSirPlus

Its okay to be gay but just like you have the right to sexual preference

Sexual orientation is NOT a preference.

It is part of the body makeup. It is hardwired. It is NOT a choice.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Your surprised?

People say gays are socially accepted but its like racism, yea theres less of it but its never gonna be level playing field.
He can't express he's gay and expect an organization like that to be cool with it.
Its not a public school, thats why they're separate in the first place. You're not going to send your girl scout to the woods with boy scouts eye-ing her? so why send your boy camping? Me personally , I would introduce myself to the individual and make a decision based on that before i can justify letting my child go back. At that age all they think about is sex. Hollywood uses sex to sell bc apparently thats what ppl want to see yet in reality parents are trying to suppress their kids from sex

I have gay friends and they're normal a** people, but there are sexual deviants in the world and i think most teens are sexual deviants lol
Its okay to be gay but just like you have the right to sexual preference , people have the right to interact with who they want. Sound cold? maybe but your perceived world and the actual world are two different places. Most ppl are closed minded and ignorant so you have to play by the rules.

you put what I was trying to say much better than I did. Thank you.

It's the interaction with others thing that I meant. We should not have to have to FORCED on us if we choose against it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Perhaps this has more to do with his objection of the whole "Duty to God" credo of the BSA? Perhaps his final Eagle Scout project was not acceptable? There is more to this than just gayness.

The liberals want to see him awarded Eagle Scout just because he came out of the closet, nevermind his oath or project qualifications, those are secondary to the That's Not Fair tantrum-doctrine.

Eagle Scout is not an instant nor guaranteed achievement. If it were given that easily, it would hardly be an accomplishment.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Your surprised?

you put what I was trying to say much better than I did. Thank you.

It's the interaction with others thing that I meant. We should not have to have to FORCED on us if we choose against it.

How is anything being forced on you?

People keep saying this as a defense for their homophobia, but there is no instance where someones sexuality is being forced on you by providing equal rights!

Are you worried that seeing gay people might make you gay?

Why do I feel like I'm talking to 15 year old kids?

ATS needs an age restriction.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Oh Poor You.

FORCED - - - to accept gays.

I wonder what it looks like from the other side.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I can say the same thing to you. Think about that the next time you're kissing your girlfriend or wife out in public, I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!

What's the difference? Oh yes, you mean we can have equality, to a certain point. In other words, we should just be happy that we're not criminals any more and leave it at that?

As a gay man, I don't see how it is "shoved in your face". How exactly does that happen? I can imagine that if you walk into a gay club you might see some people being affectionate, but how exactly does others being gay affect YOUR LIFE in any way?

The fact is it doesn't. This is just another BS line used by homophobes to justify their bigotry. They want people to hide, to lie, to pretend to be something they're not so they don't have to think about it.

Again, tough ****. You don't like it? F off to some dictatorship where women are stoned in the market or kids have their hands cut off for stealing bread. That's the kind of country you're more suited to.

BRAVO!!!

Or as Morgan Freedman would say "I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an a**hole."

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

They should be allowed to include whoever they want and exclude whoever they want. He could start his own boyscouts troop that has no restrictions or he can make an all homosexual troop if he wants as well.

I would really not want to force myself somewhere i am not wanted.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join