It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Boy Scout Denied Eagle Scout Because He's Gay

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CrushTheStupidGoyim

Either she lied about being gay, was confused, or she has chosen to hide it in favor of being accepted.

Are we really confused as to why someone who choose to keep their sexuality a secret, considering the obvious discrimination again homosexuals? Look at the OP, my friend. Is it such a puzzle?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Whew! The troll has been dealt with, thankfully.

So! I was in Boy Scouts once, but I fell out of it for various reasons. Felt a little too manic to me, I guess. Like the chase for perfection, like I was chasing something that would always be out of my reach, yet I was chasing it on principle. Too much energy for something that was so shallow, you know?

But if I had gone far enough to get an Eagle Badge, I would seriously consider starting a new BSA (under a different name, of course!) just for people who are discriminated against. It seems like a very worthy pursuit; showing that having a standard is raising the future of our country doesn't have to mean excluding people who aren't your personal vision of an upstanding leader.

Showing the world how to pull your head out of your rectal cavity seems like such a good idea right now.
We're an example of a golden society, right? We're clearly barking up the wrong tree, so let's find the right one!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by CrushTheStupidGoyim

Either she lied about being gay, was confused, or she has chosen to hide it in favor of being accepted.

Anne's a bit on the free spirit crazy side.

She said later she just wanted to try it - - - that she is not gay.

Everyone I've talked to over the years who claimed to be "BI" - - - were still attracted predominately to either male or female.

In other words - - - they enjoy sex with both genders but still have a predominate "birth orientation".

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrushTheStupidGoyim
reply to post by Jay-morris

What about that,formerlygay,lady AnneHeche? She said she was gay, but nolonger and she married a man.

Seems like a CHOICE!

Sexual orientation is not a choice. It is part of the hard wired body makeup.

Anyone can CHOOSE to have sex with whoever they want. That is behavior - - - not sexual birth orientation.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It really doesn't matter though, does it? I don't see people making a big deal out of, "Holy crap, you've got blue hair on one side and blonde on the other. That's impossible, you can't have both, what's wrong with you? And it's totally damnable to have blue hair, so you should just be blonde. I know, it's your hair, but I'm just looing ou for you!"

And really, it's about that much of everyone's business, too: what you do with your hair is your concern, end of story. It's ridiculous, and it's giving me a headache just discussing it. Trying to understand stupidity and bigotry gives me a headache.

Ugh.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Sickening. Truly sickening. BSA was supposed to be a symbol of teaching young men to become responsible and productive members of society - instead, they are being conditioned like little soldiers of false virtue.

So much potential, lost to so much corruption. Is there nothing we can do about this? BSA is a privately own establishment now, obviously, but perhaps a new one can be started? A nonprejudiced and roundly educated one? Seems like the best kind of middle finger, to me.

Yes! The BSA was definitely hijacked by the Mormons and Fundamentalists.

Probably the only thing Christian Fundies and Mormons agree on.

It is an organization that should be for every boy.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

And really, it's about that much of everyone's business, too: what you do with your hair is your concern, end of story. It's ridiculous, and it's giving me a headache just discussing it. Trying to understand stupidity and bigotry gives me a headache.

Ugh.

Its the ignorance that gets me.

When someone talks about a heterosexual - - is it all about their sex act? In everyday conversations are heteros identified/defined by what they do in the bedroom? Of course not.

People are People. People live lives. People have jobs/careers. People have families. etc.

Everyday chit chat is: Hi! How's the family? How's work going? Did you sell your house? Oh, I see you got a new car. etc etc.

It is NOT "What went on in your bedroom last night?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Boy Scouts should be about what it was originally intended to be.

This kid Ryan - - - IS - - - everything a Boy Scout was intended to be.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by detachedindividual

I never said i deserve more rights than a gay person, thats like saying i have more rights than a jewish person... Its no different than a religion in my book.... And no i dont talk to my gay friends about that stuff because they keep it to them self... I know three couples, who are married, they are affectionate in public and thats fine... But they dont throw it in peoples face, or get mad when people disagree, they dont give a ****.... Y would a teenage boy need to make it known to his boyscouts that he is gay....? Knowing he is gonna ruffle feathers.... You know they didn't ask him out of the blue.

You are saying that you deserve more rights than a gay person, because you are demanding that gay people not be able to have the same rights as a straight person! You can't claim one thing in one sentence and then claim the complete opposite in the next.

You've agreed that he should be thrown out, that he should have shut up about his sexuality. That means that you think gay people do not deserve the same rights as straight people. A straight teen would not have been thrown out, a straight person can be affectionate in public, what you are suggesting is that gay people are "throwing it in your face" if they are open about their own sexuality or want to kiss their partner in public.

How can you not see the hypocrisy of your own statement?

If you say that gay people should keep quiet, lie, hide, or that it's okay that they are treated differently in certain circumstances, then you ARE saying that they deserve fewer rights and freedoms than you!

I'm gonna say it - it's true that a low IQ seems to follow racism and homophobia. I shouldn't be surprised that someone with homophobic views also happens to be completely unable to recognize their own conflicting opinions and hypocrisy.

No... Being affectionate in public is not throwing it in peoples face... Its the whole marriage thing and wanting people to put up with it. But like i said I sorta change my stance on it when i thought about it more, if they let him get this far knowing he's gay then y change your mind. I dont agree with the policy of having gay teens in boyscouts, i would be against a gay adult in charge but thats a whole different thing.... The whole things bizarre n im done putting any more thought into it. I think they should change the policy if they aren't gonna be up front with it right away.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I never said i deserve more rights than a gay person, thats like saying i have more rights than a jewish person... Its no different than a religion in my book.... And no i dont talk to my gay friends about that stuff because they keep it to them self... I know three couples, who are married, they are affectionate in public and thats fine... But they dont throw it in peoples face, or get mad when people disagree, they dont give a ****.... Y would a teenage boy need to make it known to his boyscouts that he is gay....? Knowing he is gonna ruffle feathers.... You know they didn't ask him out of the blue.

You are saying that you deserve more rights than a gay person, because you are demanding that gay people not be able to have the same rights as a straight person! You can't claim one thing in one sentence and then claim the complete opposite in the next.

You've agreed that he should be thrown out, that he should have shut up about his sexuality. That means that you think gay people do not deserve the same rights as straight people. A straight teen would not have been thrown out, a straight person can be affectionate in public, what you are suggesting is that gay people are "throwing it in your face" if they are open about their own sexuality or want to kiss their partner in public.

How can you not see the hypocrisy of your own statement?

If you say that gay people should keep quiet, lie, hide, or that it's okay that they are treated differently in certain circumstances, then you ARE saying that they deserve fewer rights and freedoms than you!

I'm gonna say it - it's true that a low IQ seems to follow racism and homophobia. I shouldn't be surprised that someone with homophobic views also happens to be completely unable to recognize their own conflicting opinions and hypocrisy.

No... Being affectionate in public is not throwing it in peoples face... Its the whole marriage thing and wanting people to put up with it. But like i said I sorta change my stance on it when i thought about it more, if they let him get this far knowing he's gay then y change your mind. I dont agree with the policy of having gay teens in boyscouts, i would be against a gay adult in charge but thats a whole different thing.... The whole things bizarre n im done putting any more thought into it. I think they should change the policy if they aren't gonna be up front with it right away.

I applaud your change in opinion, and I hope that this thread and the rather heated debate has had something to do with that change too

However, you are still suggesting that as a straight person you deserve more rights, or are "better than" a gay person. By saying that you wouldn't want a gay person being in supervision of your children, you are automatically suggesting that gay people are bad, or not as moral as you, and therefore not deserving of the same rights as you.

How would you feel about a relative coming out as gay, would you allow your kids to ever see them again? What about your gay friends, have you told them that you wouldn't trust them to look after your kids?

It's certainly not a whole different thing. By suggesting that there is something wrong with gay people being around children you are immediately accusing innocent people of something.

I'm completely baffled by the logic.

I think you should question why you wouldn't want your kids under the care of a gay person, and why you would accept a heterosexual woman being in charge of them. If it's about sexual desire, it's the same thing whether it's a gay man or a straight woman, but that fact is conveniently ignored.

Why do people seem to think that all gay men lust after teenage boys, and why do they believe that no straight women lust after teenage boys? What's the difference?

And if it's about the "influence" of gay people "turning" impressionable youngsters gay, exactly how do people think that happens? Is there are slideshow presentation? Do we get a free toaster if we sign up another ten people before the end of the year? Perhaps there's an affiliate system I missed where I can gain "gay points" for converting someone?

Again, I applaud you actually thinking about this more, and your change of opinion. But I do think you need to consider this a little more and why you still think that there is something wrong with gay people, or dangerous about them caring for kids.

Finally, as a gay man with numerous nephews and nieces, and several God children too, this thread has now officially become too personally hurtful for me to participate in. Good luck with the debate for as long as it continues, but I'm done.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What if the straight Boy Scout has 2 dads?

As I noted earlier - - - since the SECRET 11- - - confirmed their anti-gay position - - - its become a witch hunt.

Here is another one (there are more) kicked out for being gay. Only this time its the Assistant Scout Master.

Boy Scouts Kick Out Gay Dad; Girl Scouts Support Him

September 19, 2012

The Boy Scouts’ Lincoln Heritage Council in Kentucky kicked Assistant Scoutmaster Greg Bourke out of his son’s troop last month, just because he is gay. Bourke, who has served the Scouts for five years, writes in a petition at Change.org that he has received “unanimous support from my Troop, Troop Committee, Church, Scouts, Scout Leaders and Scout Parents.”

The State of Kentucky House of Representatives last week honored him with a special “Legislative Citation” for his “dedication to Scouting and service to [his] community.”

One local mom whose son Seth was in Bourke’s troop told the Louisville Courier-Journal, “Greg made Seth the person he is.”

Despite the accolades, the Lincoln Heritage Council and Boy Scouts of America forced him to resign. His daughter’s Girl Scout troop, where he is also a leader, continues to welcome him, consistent with the Girl Scouts’ organizational policy and the personal support of his co-leader there.

I can’t imagine how Bourke’s children must feel after being told, in essence, that their father is banned from one of the ways in which he did good for children in their community, simply because he loves their other dad. Do the Boy Scouts really think they’re serving children this way?

www.mombian.com...

edit on 9-10-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I wouldn't want a gay person supervising my children unless i know i could trust them, that goes for anybody... But if my son was in boyscouts and they had a supervisor that was more feminine than miss America than I have a problem.. Like my neighbors who have a gay male nanny with teenage boys... Its bizarre....But whatever.. Anyway, saying i dont trust gay people in general is incorrect, just to clear that up. Dont wanna keep gettin off topic so lets just accept the horse is dead n not keep kickin it. If this was my kid who was gay, I'd be pissed the **** off...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I wouldn't want a gay person supervising my children unless i know i could trust them, that goes for anybody... But if my son was in boyscouts and they had a supervisor that was more feminine than miss America than I have a problem.. Like my neighbors who have a gay male nanny with teenage boys... Its bizarre....But whatever.. Anyway, saying i dont trust gay people in general is incorrect, just to clear that up. Dont wanna keep gettin off topic so lets just accept the horse is dead n not keep kickin it. If this was my kid who was gay, I'd be pissed the **** off...

But - - you're OK with a man perceived to be heterosexual.

Attorney Fired From Pat Robertson's Legal Group for Relationships With Young Men

A senior attorney has been fired from the conservative American Center for Law and Justice for reportedly having multiple relationships with younger men.

Henderson is married with eight children.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

But if my son was in boyscouts and they had a supervisor that was more feminine than miss America than I have a problem.. Like my neighbors who have a gay male nanny with teenage boys... Its bizarre....But whatever.. Anyway, saying i dont trust gay people in general is incorrect, just to clear that up.

Ummm ... it's not that you don't trust gay people in general ... just the ones who challenge gender convention?

Honestly, I simply just don't understand your position. It's odd to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
n/m

That might be too off topic and get me in trouble.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

But - - you're OK with a man perceived to be heterosexual.

Attorney Fired From Pat Robertson's Legal Group for Relationships With Young Men

A senior attorney has been fired from the conservative American Center for Law and Justice for reportedly having multiple relationships with younger men.

Henderson is married with eight children.

www.advocate.com...

So you wouldnt mind your teenage boy around a flaming homo sexual scout leader.....? Surrrrreeeee....

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

But if my son was in boyscouts and they had a supervisor that was more feminine than miss America than I have a problem.. Like my neighbors who have a gay male nanny with teenage boys... Its bizarre....But whatever.. Anyway, saying i dont trust gay people in general is incorrect, just to clear that up.

Ummm ... it's not that you don't trust gay people in general ... just the ones who challenge gender convention?

How is it odd. Your making this more of a issue than it is... Im going by common sense

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

How is it odd. Your making this more of a issue than it is... Im going by common sense

Common sense? What do you mean by that? Gays are just people.

Are you leaning toward Gays are Pedophiles?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join