It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this rapper be killed for his lyrics?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

Some people are hungry for success. he found the right medium to express himself.

Exactly, he is hungry for succes, and now he found a the medium to get it.

It's not about rapping and being a genuine artist, It is about getting succes. You said it.

I don't know what Dre did, or why you are being mysterious about it, but he didn't work for Disney.

And Dre never was a very gifted rapper, but always had great productions and great albums.

But your right it shouldn't matter if he worked for disney, but it certainly lines up with my overall perception of him.
edit on 7-10-2012 by StraightBananas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StraightBananas

"It's not about rapping and being a genuine artist, It is about getting succes."

have you ever heard a rap song? 90% of them have always been about money....

i think i understand now,,,, you dont like what he is rapping about because it is "real stuff"... it is philosophical and deep,, and cuts hard,,,,

you dont consider this art,,, because he did not speak about imaginative and entertaing things,,,

i would compare his rap to an art house movie or documentry,,,,

were as the rap you enjoy is an expendibles like action film,,,, as long as you dont have to think,, and there is no real meaning,,, its good art and entertainment,.,.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by StraightBananas

I am aware that my opinion is a big issue to you.

If you want it to be the focus of discussion, maybe you and others should not attack me personally, like the author of the piece of text you qouted did.

Also, I believe it is against the T&C to have an avatar that shows a weapon pointed in the direction of the reader.

It is also against the rules of good taste.

Then again, the lack of good taste, and I'm not talking about music, of some here, has not gone unnoticed.

You brought up someones mothering ability. Pretty personal to me....

The problem with your opinion is that you tried to justify saying hopsin has no talent, with kanye west.

AND you obviously don't like pulp fiction. Like I said. Garbage taste.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

i think i understand now,,,, you dont like what he is rapping about because it is "real stuff"... it is philosophical and deep,, and cuts hard,,,,

Lol, once more, I just don't like his sound most of all, it doesn't cut butter for me. Apart from that I don't like his persona.

i think i understand now,,,,

Lol, this is serious comedy. How many fantasical explanations for my dislike have you come up with by now.

I think I am going to step back now and let you guys have your party.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Lol, once more, I just don't like his sound most of all, it doesn't cut butter for me. Apart from that I don't like his persona.

Lol, this is serious comedy. How many fantasical explanations for my dislike have you come up with by now.

No you implied he had no talent. There is a difference with appreciating someones music and liking it. The first is almost scientific, the second is an opinion.

My uncle has a degree in music. Hes a guitarist who hates rock and roll. All of it. Every good guitarist you have ever heard of is terrible in his eyes. He plays jazz and likes geniuses like Pat Metheny. But he can appriciate jimi hendrix, and eric clapton, and buddy guy. Doens't mean you will ever find them in his CD player. Relative to other rock guitarists, they are gods. But relative to his taste they suck.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

yea yea,,,, im just baffled ,,,,, like someone with down syndrome calling einstein an idiot,,,,,,

I dont like his persona lol... superficial judgement......... justin bieber is a better rapper then biggie in my book because i like his dressing style and persona better....

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I had only given my opinion and did attack or insult another member, and then this comment was posted,

Okay, sweetheart, off you go, let the adults talk for a while. If you can't keep from trapping yourself with the truth, try to stay out of the big kids' way. Go run and listen to your Kanye and whatever else you're gobbling up as "art".

This is not behavior I would want to teach my kids. Insulting people for their opinion. and since she brought up the subject of kids....

Read back the thread and see for yourself who started the personal attacks.

No you implied he had no talent. There is a difference with appreciating someones music and liking it. The first is almost scientific, the second is an opinion.

Lol, I think he sucks, completely. You guys are hilarious. It's an opinion. Get over yourselves.

Btw, are you going to change your avater by yourself, or not?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I had only given my opinion and did attack or insult another member, and then this comment was posted,

Okay, sweetheart, off you go, let the adults talk for a while. If you can't keep from trapping yourself with the truth, try to stay out of the big kids' way. Go run and listen to your Kanye and whatever else you're gobbling up as "art".

This is not behavior I would want to teach my kids. Insulting people for their opinion. and since she brought up the subject of kids....

Read back the thread and see for yourself who started the personal attacks.

I started the thread, so ya i have read it.

The other people are not complaining about you attacking them personally, you started the complaining. I was simply pointing out that one was being hypocritical, regardless of "who started it".

And I feel like I am repeating myself, and your jumping around in circles, so maybe you should go re-read my posts so you stop getting confused.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The gun is pointed at the kanye west CD on your desk, not you. See the slight angle of the gun?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

yea yea,,,, im just baffled ,,,,, like someone with down syndrome calling einstein an idiot,,,,,, I dont like his persona lol... superficial judgement......... justin bieber is a better rapper then biggie in my book because i like his dressing style and persona better....

Notice my lack of problems with your opinion..............

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad

The gun is pointed at the kanye west CD on your desk, not you. See the slight angle of the gun?

I can look into the barrel, and it is just bad taste.

Do you need it for compensation?

Let's just see how long it lasts.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

so now your a whiney tattle tale as well,.,.,.,.,.

can you please change your avatar,,, im offended by guns of all kinds and i hate women,.,.,. also i am nervous the woman in your avatar has the ability to shoot me with her gun,,, can you please change it? or im going to call the fbi on you for carrying that large of a concealed weapon,,

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Funny, the owner of the site, and several moderators posted in a topic of mine last night. And all of them were displeased with what I had to say and would probably have loved to take down my avatar.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Invalid argument.

There is no rule about women with weapons. There is however a rule about weapons pointed in the direction of a member.

Your argument is not only invalid but is also defending something that is obviously in bad taste.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The other people are not complaining about you attacking them personally, you started the complaining. I was simply pointing out that one was being hypocritical, regardless of "who started it".

Don't lie. You qouted my comment to another poster, then said to focus on another issue. I responded that I merely responded to a comment aimed at me. I didn't start to talk to her.

So basically you started to conplain when you qouted my post.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Invalid argument.

There is no rule about women with weapons. There is however a rule about weapons pointed in the direction of a member.

Your argument is not only invalid but is also defending something that is obviously in bad taste.

Deflecting from the original argument. My avatar is not the problem, I thought we established it was your terrible taste in music!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Invalid argument.

i think his avatar is in good taste,,,, your perception/opinion that is in bad taste is, ,, just,,, like,,,, your,,, opinion man....

im more offended by your avatar then his,,, because i read with the words his avatars expression i know it is in jest,,,, yours i am not so sure,,, and therefore think your avatar might actually attack me,, thats why im allerting the mods to take action,,,,,,

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Invalid argument.

Deflecting from the original argument. My avatar is not the problem, I thought we established it was your terrible taste in music!

Deflecting? It was a direct answer to a reply aimed at me.

Maybe you should refrain from replying for other users. It seems that you are causing the confusion. You both seem incapable of having an exchange that flows logically.

And yes, your avatar is a side issue.

May I point out,

the following content guidelines apply to the content of both avatars and signatures:

6) No persons pointing weapons at the viewer of the image.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Invalid argument.

Deflecting? It was a direct answer to a reply aimed at me.

Maybe you should refrain from replying for other users. It seems that you are causing the confusion. You both seem incapable of having an exchange that flows logically.

And yes, your avatar is a side issue.

May I point out,

the following content guidelines apply to the content of both avatars and signatures:

6) No persons pointing weapons at the viewer of the image.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the women in your avatar's ... "bazookas" are pointed right at me

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You were getting boring anyway.

Ya let's debate the physics of bullet trajectories to find out if its even possible to hit a prospective viewer from that angle...just so you can continue to get pwned.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join