It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this rapper be killed for his lyrics?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by StraightBananas

So you just admitted you can hardly make it through one song, but yet you're a frickin' expert and authority about whether he's "a gimmick" or not, eh? Okay, sweetheart, off you go, let the adults talk for a while. If you can't keep from trapping yourself with the truth, try to stay out of the big kids' way. Go run and listen to your Kanye and whatever else you're gobbling up as "art".

Lol, the inability of people to deal with someone that dislikes what they like.

Good job caucasian mom that let's her children listen to Hops when they are old enough. I am sure you will set a great example for them.

I admitted that listening to him is a chore for me. This means that I am objective enough to listen through his songs completely to form an honest opinion, instead of clicking away after 10 seconds of being unimpressed.

If I remember correctly you never heard about Hopsin before this thread.

I have been listening to his work for over a year..

I hope your response is not indicative of the way you raise your kids, cause that would be pathetic.

"Adults".

Pfff.......

Btw, I never was a Kanye fan but, yes, I consider this art,

The whole thing.

edit on 7-10-2012 by StraightBananas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I ignored your questions because they are not relevant

I don't have to be a songwriter give my opinion about a rapper, especially if I already explained why I don't like him.

It's just your way of bargaining with a situation you can not accept.

After this, it is Depression, and then Acceptance.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StraightBananas

You just lost all respect in this thread.

Kanye west? Thats the example you use?

Edit: AND its vevo.
Wish I could slap you

Edit2: I honestly tried to watch it. The first segment wasnt bad then at like 5mins that wierd bitch with the feathers starts doing this seizer move to a rabbit. It wasn't art, its more kanye west bs.

edit on 7-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I ignored your questions because they are not relevant

I don't have to be a songwriter give my opinion about a rapper, especially if I already explained why I don't like him.

It's just your way of bargaining with a situation you can not accept.

After this, it is Depression, and then Acceptance.

lol,... you and your opinion does not exist to me,,, i am just trying to understand and comprehend why you think the way you think,,, it is fascinating to me,,, it is why i asked the specific questions i did,, for i felt the answers you would have provided would have helped me better understand your outlook on the world, rap music, and yourself.,,.., I know you dont have to be a songwriter,, its why i asked as a hypothetical,,,, im sure your familiar with all the things rappers have rapped about and can rap about,,, you obviously do not care for the things hopsin raps about or the manner in which he does it,,,

at least please give me your top ten favorite mc's,,, something any hip hop fan is capable of,,, the only difficulty for most fans would be to narrow it down to only ten,,, im just interested in other artists you enjoy at the very least.,.,
edit on 7-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

You mean you don't respect me, and also involve the other "non Hopsin haters" in this thread Is that like a hive mind/mob mentality kind off thing or was there a meeting about it at the Hopsin fanboy centre?

You don't respect me because I like that Kanye production.

That's ok, I think I will do just fine without it.

I stand by my statements, I think the whole production was great, can't deny it was pretty artistic. Did you even watch it or did you dismiss it righ away?

Edit: AND its vevo. Wish I could slap you

Is that a threat Samuel? You couldn't and wouldn't slap me if I was in front of you. Jeah it's VEVO, so what, am I "not real" because I linked to "the man"?

Edit2: I honestly tried to watch it. The first segment wasnt bad then at like 5mins that wierd bitch with the feathers starts doing this seizer move to a rabbit. It wasn't art, its more kanye west bs.

Yes you certainly come across as a conaisseur of fine art........

Well, it is your opinion, I wish you the best with it.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Relax dude. You couldn't see that one coming after you posted a kanye west video in a topic full of hip hop? Angry, political, anti-mainstream hip hop?

And your right. I wouldn't slap you, it was a figure of speech. Im not a barbarian. But I would tell you your music taste blows as much as kanye.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

lol,... you and your opinion does not exist to me,,, i am just trying to understand and comprehend why you think the way you think,,,

That's interesting, cause you did still refer to me two times in the next sentence.

Your post would not exist without me so........

at least please give me your top ten favorite mc's,,, something any hip hop fan is capable of,,, the only difficulty for most fans would be to narrow it down to only ten,,, im just interested in other artists you enjoy at the very least.,.,

I can't make a top ten but I'll list some, but everybody lists those, Nas, Big, 2Pac, Busta, Method, Eminem, Dre, Snoop, DMX, Cube, Talib Kwelly, Cypress Hill, Wu Tang, Jay-Z, Gangstarr, Fugees etc.

I have to say that nowadays there are not many rappers that I really like. I like a song or two once in a while from different artists but most of it is just garbage. and I find Hopsin even more annoying than Little Wayne.(and he is annoying) At least he has one or two songs I actually like.

I listen to a lot of Dutch hip hop too.

I listen to all sorts of music from all decades since the 60's, a lot of 80's and 90's, from rock to rap to dance.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

ok,,, respectable list. and nice to hear you listen to other music as well...

I give you permission to negatively bahh at hopsin

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Relax dude. You couldn't see that one coming after you posted a kanye west video in a topic full of hip hop? Angry, political, anti-mainstream hip hop?

I don't tend to put music in boxes, because I'm an objective person.

If I like it I like it.

The hip hop you are refering too is mostly corny. Immortal Technique is good but after 20 songs you get the point.

And Hopsin is on a whole other(lower) level.

Angry, political, anti-mainstream hip hop

Hopsin?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Lol, thank you.

HE SUCKS!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Awww, hurt your widdle feewings, did I?
Yeah.....let's just hope you're sterile, because the world has enough Kanye fans.

edit on 7-10-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I would be more impressed if he didn't swear as much...funny what you crazy kids these days consider to be imaginitive or talented....I just can't follow this stuff and nobody is going to kill this guy unless he is already affiliated with a gang....he seems like a kanye type that grew up in the nice part of town and is something that he's not....not feeling this at all...and a horrible role model for young kids not that there are many who don't talk about hitting women or glorify violence and a lack of respect but hey that's just my opinion....

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Awww, hurt your widdle feewings, did I?
Yeah.....let's just hope you're sterile, because the world has enough Kanye fans.

edit on 7-10-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

Excuse me but you were the one that got all butthurt and took my comment out of context to attack me, because of my opinion about a rapper. And now you are so emotional that you are on the boundries of common decency, and perhaps of the T&C.

That's some pretty harsh statements to make for a "mom". I think it is pretty clear who is being childish here.

I also said that I wasn't even a fan of Kanye, but that I considered that particular production as art, and that I like it.

Those evil "Kanye fans".

You must be quite the lady wih your delusional and pathetic mindset.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

he seems like a kanye type that grew up in the nice part of town and is something that he's not....not feeling this at all.

Exactly.

The guy is not genuine at all.

And like I pointed out before, he used to be an actor in the Disney show So Raven, and then he "became" a rapper.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You must be quite the lady wih your delusional and pathetic mindset.

Lets focus on the bigger issue here. Your garbage taste in music.
You can appreciate cypress hill but not hopsin?

*I like b real, but you can't argue music quality when you yourself enjoy talentless, hip sounds.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

he seems like a kanye type that grew up in the nice part of town and is something that he's not....not feeling this at all.

Exactly.

And like I pointed out before, he used to be an actor in the Disney show So Raven, and then he "became" a rapper.

You don't wanna know what Dr. Dre used to do.
Some people are hungry for success. he found the right medium to express himself. I personally didnt like rap growing up and then in middle school I started liking it. If I started rapping would I be fake cause i wasnt born with rap in my ears? your logic only works if your a hater.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Lets focus on the bigger issue here. Your garbage taste in music.

I am aware that my opinion is a big issue to you.

If you want it to be the focus of discussion, maybe you and others should not attack me personally, like the author of the piece of text you qouted did.

Also, I believe it is against the T&C to have an avatar that shows a weapon pointed in the direction of the reader.

It is also against the rules of good taste.

Then again, the lack of good taste, and I'm not talking about music, of some here, has not gone unnoticed.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Exactly.

he was on that show maybe once.......

fronm wikipedia "These were his first major acting appearances since he played a minor role in an episode of That's So Raven in 2002."

nice talking point bill oreilly

what about the hardcorse rappers ice t and ice cube,, and snoop dogg.....? SELLOUTS,,,,, its all about money anyway,,,, who cares,,, the artists we like need to make money to stay alive and make the music we enjoy

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

I would be more impressed if he didn't swear as much...funny what you crazy kids these days consider to be imaginitive or talented....I just can't follow this stuff and nobody is going to kill this guy unless he is already affiliated with a gang....he seems like a kanye type that grew up in the nice part of town and is something that he's not....not feeling this at all...and a horrible role model for young kids not that there are many who don't talk about hitting women or glorify violence and a lack of respect but hey that's just my opinion....

hes not a good role model for kids????

in context of rappers,,,,,, who are some better role model rappers for kids that get that much views and attention by the kids?? who are unveiling curtains of deceit,, brain washing techniques,, and trying to get kids to think about what they do,, what they like,, who they look up to,, and for what reasons?

did you watch the whole music video and listen to the words? did you comprehend what he was speaking about and who he was speaking too and why?,, each line was relevant ....

you wish he didnt curse so much?? F$%&* you ,,, you baby

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join