It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Who Hit Woman Will Be Fired

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad he was at least fired and more glad that her "charges" were dropped. I agree with others that he should have been charged with hitting her. I'm not sure if that's considered assault or battery, I just know that if it had been I, a person without a badge, that I would have gotten some sort of charge.

I feel like him being fired is at least a step in the right direction. Bad cops with anger issues, quick to escalate and quick to use lethal force need to be weeded out. I hope he doesn't just end up working in law enforcement somewhere else.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Miri08 because: atrocious grammar is atrocious

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
So... If you simply punch someone in a fit of anger or whatever lack of judgement overcame this idiot, you'll be fired and stripped of your badge in days. However, if he'd turned and shot her outright, he'd be on paid leave for months or years while the whole thing worked it's way through enless legal crap, union fights, appeals and on and on.

How the heck does that work? The more serious the offense, the LESS LIKELY to be fired in reasonable time? (like...as soon as bad behavior is confirmed..and let the courts decide criminal penalty and DEGREE of guilt later)

It's not that I disagree with him being canned,..although it leaves me with a funny feeling without knowing more of his record. This is a man's career...a familys likely sole means of support..and he hit her. He didn't kill her... Parking enforcement duty on the midnight tour for the next 10 years may have been far more effective than firing for a new start elsewhere, actually....

...it's just how different justice seems to move and in the WRONG direction for gravity of offense.

If we want to get really technical what he did was assault and not only was it assault it was assault on a female which is no different than a domestic assault case which is a felony charge which means you cannot have/own/posses or operate a firearm...in which case...he should never be a police officer again...for any city...

he should be fired and the all the extents of law that are applied to everyone should be applied to him...this includes a felony charge and inability to own a firearm thus eliminating his use as a police officer on the streets...unless hes handing out parking tickets for the rest of his career...
edit on 6-10-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The Commissioner did not do the right thing IMO. He/She should have fired that clown first then cuffed his ass!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Within two years he'll be working with some other department.

Cops are like pedo priests and ATF officials. They just get shuffled around.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I saw the video, and if you look to the far left of the 36 second video, you can see her step off the curb and shoot silly string toward what is a pile of officers attempting to both manage crowd control and some sort of Po-Po inspired party in the middle of the street.

I am not one to jump to the defense of any cop. In fact, I am of the Po-Po suck variety.

What she did was just plain stupid. He was over excited and behaved like a boxer on steroids. That shows.

Yes. Fire him.
Yes. Remove his ability to carry a weapon.
Charge her with interfering with an officer. She did.
Sucker punch him. At random times, thru out the rest of his life.

What a dipsh*t. Both of 'em.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Well I now have a good way to harass cops.

Just throw water on them, and if they punch me, I can sue the department for harassment.

After, it's absolutely okay to throw water on a cop and he shouldn't retaliate in any way. he's a cop and has to be held to a higher standard of behavior. They can't do anything to defend themselves if somebody throws water on them.

Thanks guys, I now have a great new money making scheme!

I can't wait until the thousands of dollars roll in!

Money! Here it comes!

As long as you weren't the one that threw the water, go right ahead. I would stand by a LEO when someone decides to splash water on them.
No. It's water. Ever been to a pool when a kid starts splashing? Did you hit the kid? Same size difference between the cop and the woman.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

If you had bothered to read the story,rather then rush to judgement you would know she didn't throw water on him,think real hard before you type,the dirt bag is nothing more then a street thug,should be charged accordingly,officers are supposed to be trained to control emotions,part of the job

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

So with your logic a woman throwing water at you means you get to hit her? I'd say if that is your mentality it wouldn't even take that much, probably not having your dinner ready or not having the house clean would do it for you, you are a sick human being if you think that getting hit with water means you can punch a woman in the face, it is NEVER ok to hit a woman, god help your wife/girlfriend.
edit on 6/10/12 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

"trained to control emotions"???!!!

No. They aren't trained. It's an impossible task to do such a thing.

Objectivity is something entirely different. Had he turned, removed the perceived weapon by deflecting it away from himself and other potential victims and restrained the individual that weighed half of what he does. I'd feel differently about the entire event and said a big woo-Hoo for cops.

You cannot be trained to control your emotions. It would be unhealthy for anyone to try to do so.

It's okay to be pissed. It's okay to be disgusted. It's even okay to throw up as an emergency worker, you're human and it IS part if the job. It is NOT okay to expect them to be super-human. Merely humane.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Honey, go get me a beer.

And don't act the fool. That's not what evilsadam said.

While I don't agree with him completely, he at no point sounded like a woman beater. His comments read as purely sarcastic.

So, fix your undies, and go sit down over there, and hush up.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Well I now have a good way to harass cops.

Just throw water on them, and if they punch me, I can sue the department for harassment.

After, it's absolutely okay to throw water on a cop and he shouldn't retaliate in any way. he's a cop and has to be held to a higher standard of behavior. They can't do anything to defend themselves if somebody throws water on them.

Thanks guys, I now have a great new money making scheme!

I can't wait until the thousands of dollars roll in!

Money! Here it comes!

The video was very clear. She didn't throw any water at him. Someone else did.

Throwing water a punchable offense?

You have to be very careful, and match force for force. A punch that shatters bones, teeth, IS NOT EQUAL TO A BIT OF WATER.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

It's wrong to throw water on someone. And actually legally it's assault.

A person has every right to punch someone who throws water on them.

All you're saying is that they don't have a right to defend themselves.

You have the right to self defense, but not to retaliate, legally.

In self defense, you have to match force with force. Water does not equal a beating. Fists do not equal a gun. Etc etc. That is the law.

www.handguntactics.com...

From the legal aspect, before the use of lethal force, your life must at that moment be in IMMINENT AND UNAVOIDABLE DANGER OF DEATH OR GRAVE BODILY HARM. In a great majority of cases, deadly force means the use of a deadly weapon. This could be a knife or stabbing instrument, gun, a makeshift bludgeon, or even a vehicle.

Some states, like here in Ohio, have a DUTY TO RETREAT and require that you avoid the conflict and any potential deadly force outcome. It is best to withdraw, leaving the scene entirely....

Nowhere can a man legally respond to an assault of slight degree with deadly force. As we go further in our discussion of lethal force we need to understand the term Equal Force

As for assaulting someone after the fact, to get even, its always been illegal.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

Go back through his last few posts, yes he did and also I ain't a woman I am a married man and have training in MMA, I would never raise my hand to a woman and anyone that thinks that it is ok to hit a woman is a little worm that needs to be shown a lesson so before you post in future know your facts.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ladies, go watch the video again.

It WAS her. It was a compression can of Silly String.

There is some sort of officer involved fray in the middle of a crowded street. She INTEREFERED with this event by spraying something at this crowd.

This was a ridiculous act on her part.

The officer IN CHARGE of the local event over reacted. Inappropriate behavior. Career ending (IMO) behavior.

Stop acting like a bunch of women toward evilsadam. He did NOT over react.

He responded with sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Ah I see it now.... You are a troll

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
He was black, right?

/amasement

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
video.foxnews.com...

He had 13 complaints, for using excessive force and verbal assault in his career years.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

Ah I see it now.... You are a troll

Who's that trip-trapping up on my bridge?

Troll accusation Number Two!!

Score for me, have a nice day!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Union appeals and he is back on or he moves to another region and gets hired on.

Either way, he will still be a cop. But commissioner is doing the right thing.

True . A few cops in my town were fired for having women "pleasure" them to get out of tickets or drug busts . There was no way of denying it because many times it was caught on tapes of security cameras . A few were fired , but that did not last long , they just went to the County Sheriffs office and local jail . They applied , all were hired so they went from being city cops to county sheriff deputies or working as guards in the local jail .

I live in a fairly small town and there is NO WAY that the County Sheriff did not know they were let go for misconduct . It was in all the papers and splashed all over the news .
edit on 6-10-2012 by whenandwhere because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Union appeals and he is back on or he moves to another region and gets hired on.

Either way, he will still be a cop......

Yep, The blue-line gang takes care of their own.

This firing is all a song-n-dance for public consumption. If you watch the vid, several other cops 'circle wagons' and cover for this rogue cop as he places the woman in cuffs. Not a single cop, not one, said or did a damn thing about his conduct. This is apparently expected and acceptable conduct in this department.

edit on 6-10-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join