It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Who Hit Woman Will Be Fired

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

THANK YOU!

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

But didn't they at least address that he has no business enforcing the law, by canning him?

Yes, he should have been charged, but in my opinion they did address that he has no business enforcing the law within their department.

Actually no.

If you and I both know he can apply and get a job in another area as law enforcement, then they know it as well.

Yes they fired him, but they know he can work elsewhere in the same line of work. That is not much of a consequence and in the real world of you and I, it does not work that way. If you work at The Gap and get caught stealing, you can not go get a job at Walmart. They won't hire you, cause you stole. This is how things work in the real world that we live in. In Policeman fairytale land, this is not how it works. You can be fired for excessive force in Philadelphia, PA and then go get a job in Bensalem, PA or drive the extra 30-40 minutes into New Jersey and get a job in law enforcement and even at times still get a recommendation from the same Department that you were fired from.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by MrWendal

I agree that the cop should be charged and seeing that the story hasn't ended he just might be. Will have to wait and see what the DA decides on doing. But the commissioner firing him was the right thing to do. Now it's time for the DA to step up to the plate.

Ramsey also indicated Josey could face criminal counts. "Obviously, he could be criminally charged. The DA would have to make that decision," he told KYW.

www.cbsnews.com...

I grew up in Philadelphia- Don't hold your breath. The second this dies down, it will be quickly forgotten. There will be no charges. There never is.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Well I now have a good way to harass cops.

Just throw water on them, and if they punch me, I can sue the department for harassment.

After, it's absolutely okay to throw water on a cop and he shouldn't retaliate in any way. he's a cop and has to be held to a higher standard of behavior. They can't do anything to defend themselves if somebody throws water on them.

Thanks guys, I now have a great new money making scheme!

I can't wait until the thousands of dollars roll in!

Money! Here it comes!
First of all, if you take the time to review the footage, the lady didn't throw anything on anyone. And yeah, cops should be held to a higher standard of behavior. After all, they ARE public servants running around with guns and badges. And even if she had tossed a little water, that pig had no right to hit a woman like that. He's a straight up coward, and anyone who agrees with his behavior, I hold them in the same esteem.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Great post polo. You pretty much summed up the entire issue with that one sentence.

And even if she had tossed a little water, that pig had no right to hit a woman like that. He's a straight up coward, and anyone who agrees with his behavior, I hold them in the same esteem.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I never said woman. Repeating the same thing over and over again is in poor form.

And i don't really care what you think about me.

It's wrong to throw water on someone. And actually legally it's assault.

A person has every right to punch someone who throws water on them.

All you're saying is that they don't have a right to defend themselves.

And I don't hold anyone in high esteem who thinks like that.

Common respect and courtesy seems to have gone the way of the dodo in this country.

And higher standards is a bunch of bullchit.

It just means that a person can't defend themselves or can't do this and can't do that while everybody else can.
edit on 5-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well I now have a good way to harass cops.

Just throw water on them, and if they punch me, I can sue the department for harassment.

After, it's absolutely okay to throw water on a cop and he shouldn't retaliate in any way. he's a cop and has to be held to a higher standard of behavior. They can't do anything to defend themselves if somebody throws water on them.

Thanks guys, I now have a great new money making scheme!

I can't wait until the thousands of dollars roll in!

Money! Here it comes!

The lady that was punched isnt even the one who threw the water. Geesh.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I didn't say lady in that post.

LEARN TO FRAKING READ.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I didn't say lady in that post.

LEARN TO FRAKING READ.

I FREAKING read. You didnt say it, you simply implied it. And if you werent implying it, then your whole post is irrelevant to the topic, as you spoke of throwing water on a cop and then waiting to get hit. Considering THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED HERE, there is no point to your post.

LEARN SOME FREAKING LOGIC.

Or do you think if a cop gets water thrown on them, they should just be allowed to retaliate against the nearest person?

And for the record, cops arent allowed to retaliate, unless in a life threatening situation. Their job is to arrest, and let the courts decide on "retaliation". Or should cops be judge and jury now, too?
edit on 5-10-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Obviously you didn't read, I wasn't referring to the video, AT ALL.

The point was to point out how bullchit it is to judge the cop after somebody threw some water on him.

And yes, I do believe a cop should be allowed to retaliate against someone who assaults them.

People have a right to defend themselves, regardless of what their profession is. Higher standards of behavior my arse.

I'm really sorry you can't see that.

You can insult and berate me for that unpopular opinion all you want, but it won't earn any respect from me for repeating the same baloney lie over and over again.

I didn't say anything wrong.

This whole thing is just another excuse to bash cops, that's all it is.

And screw logic. It is nothing more than another way of crap.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I never said woman. Repeating the same thing over and over again is in poor form.

All you're saying is that they don't have a right to defend themselves.

And I don't hold anyone in high esteem who thinks like that.

Common respect and courtesy seems to have gone the way of the dodo in this country.

And higher standards is a bunch of bullchit.

It just means that a person can't defend themselves or can't do this and can't do that while everybody else can.
It's what you implied, genius.And don't flatter yourself, champ, I couldn't care any less about you, I was just responding to your meaningless post.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

i didn't imply anything, you lack reading comprehension and can't see that I did make a real point.

Stop making this about me and my unpopular opinion.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

"Officer Who Hit Woman Will Be Fired."?

"Shocking. Positively Shocking."
- Sean Connery, "Goldfinger"

Star and Flag, of course.

edit on 10/5/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: star and flag comment at the end

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The law disagrees with you. If merely tossing water was assault Coyote ugly should be out of business. That water has to be accompanied with more to be assault (such as threatening language)
edit on 5-10-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

edit on 5-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Yea but water?? come on.. Not like it was piss or blood or something ,its water..that isnt assault man.

And yes, I do believe a cop should be allowed to retaliate against someone who assaults them.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Technically it could be battery, good luck finding a cop who would actually bother arresting someone for that however. You could sue if you were into wasting your time.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

So you wouldn't mind if someone just walked up to you and throw a glass of water in your face?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So you wouldn't mind if someone just walked up to you and throw a glass of water in your face?

Yes, I would mind and I would be pissed but not pissed enough to hit a woman in the mouth and knock her down

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Right, because a woman, being the weaker sex and all that razzmatazz, should never be hit under any circumstances.

Yeah, sure. Whatever.

I have nothing more to say.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Nah, I didnt say that but I dont see how water in your face is assault, maybe its just me though?

Right, because a woman, being the weaker sex and all that razzmatazz, should never be hit under any circumstances.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join