It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals/Pets Forum?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Here here! I concur! Even just one thread for pets would be plenty.
I posted a cat thread earlier today, and had a difficult time figuring out where to put it.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
S&F!!!

I think a pet forum would be GREAT!!!!!!

You got so excited about the idea that you forgot not being able to S&F this forum but rather only F?

Thanks for the enthusiasm...

BTW, curious that no mods or owners have chimed in yet?

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My wife and I have four dogs, a prairie dog, a pineapple conure, a wallaby, and just shy of 200 chinchillas. I can talk about pets until the cows come home.

Despite that, there are a plethora of forums for pets already out there. Plus you all probably have Facebook, which has even more venues in the form of pages and groups for showing off your pets. I can't see a pet forum adding much to what ATS has to offer. It's a neat idea, and it would probably have some great use and numbers at the start, but eventually the novelty would wear off and it would fade further into the background.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

200 chinchillas? wow. I had never seen one so I looked them up. Kinda cute. My wife would like one but my cat would want to eat it I think. These things take dust baths. i don't get it. the youtube video said it's to keep thier oils in check? Another one said they clean themselves this way. I dunno.. cant imaging an animal cleaning itself by rolling around in the dust. can you bathe them under water too?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
My wife and I have four dogs, a prairie dog, a pineapple conure, a wallaby, and just shy of 200 chinchillas. I can talk about pets until the cows come home.

Despite that, there are a plethora of forums for pets already out there. Plus you all probably have Facebook, which has even more venues in the form of pages and groups for showing off your pets. I can't see a pet forum adding much to what ATS has to offer. It's a neat idea, and it would probably have some great use and numbers at the start, but eventually the novelty would wear off and it would fade further into the background.

Sorry but you missed the point.

Not just pets but animals in general.

Anything from pets to new species, old species, extinct species, weird, wonderful, cat vids, dog tricks, obits, new adoptions, tips, tricks, farm animals, abuse, love, respect, and everything in between.

Just one forum to group everything together.

For example, where does one post something about 200 chinchillas?

One more point...although there are multiple sites and FB accounts about animals, many of us don't frequent those sites and more stay away from FB.

ATS is an entity on its own and many would appreciate an animal forum on what they consider their favorite site...ATS.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You're right. I did miss the point. I thought it was just to be a pets only forum. You have swayed my opinion in your favor.

The only drawback I could still see is people getting mixed up between an animal forum and the cryptozoology forum.

reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yup, just under 200. We breed them for pets and are the second largest breeder in Michigan, the largest that breeds for pets only, and the largest near Metro Detroit.

You'd be surprised at how well other animals get along with chins! They do take dust (actually fine volcanic pumice) baths. They are native to the high Andes, which is incredibly arid. Since there isn't much rain bathing in dust is the only way to stay clean. Lots of animals take dust baths, including birds, horses, elephants and ground squirrels. Chinchillas have incredibly dense fur, having about 60-80 hairs per follicle (people have 2-5 hairs per follicle on their heads). Because of this getting them wet is a big mistake. They don't dry properly and can very easily become hypothermic. If you want to learn more about chinchillas here are some great starting off points: ChinCare and Chinchilla Chronicles. I won't post any forums in case those in charge here do want to start a pet forum I wouldn't inadvertently drive business away. We also operate a very active Facebook page. We post chin trivia/facts/etc quite often. I can send you the link if you want. Or you can just message me any questions. If I don't already know the answer I'll be glad to find it for you. That way we both learn something.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
YES!

Lions & Tigers & Bears Oh My!

Kitties & Doggies & Hares Aye Aye!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
YES!

Lions & Tigers & Bears Oh My!

Kitties & Doggies & Hares Aye Aye!

And Monkeys and Zebras and Chinchillas too...

And so many more animals in the Zoo.

BTW: I hate zoos but it rhymed.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Lol..

given the way you've been treated over this topci, I'd probably not want to take my shoes off on purpose around here, it's like some guards are too eager to wield a baton.

Great idea though, but I'd probably be on another forum for that. the bars around here are a bit too grey.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
There needs to be a pet forum. All kinds of categories, like maybe a rainbow bridge place, but have the boxes of kleenex nearby for that'un.
I was pondering just today, about making a grief thread (again). Almost 6 months ago, my big grey furry feline son died of CRF (failed kidney) at only 9 years old, and this past 3 daze, I've been bawling for him.
I was thinking of asking, how long does this kind of grief go on, and I think I have fallen into a bad depression from it. I watched him die right by my bed. He laid next to me all night, and started mewing off and on at me about 3 or 4 am, like, 'It's time". Does time heal this kind of hurt? I miss him so much it makes me ill.

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved cat passing away! If it was sudden (sounds like it was to you) then grief can take longer. My suggestion is to let it go on as long as necessary.

I lost my cat to FIP, which is almost always fatal, and I had a hard time getting over her. This was years ago and I still get choked up sometimes.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is a great idea.

I'm still trying to figure out why my dogs only stop in front of me, in the hallway or any spot where I cannot get around them and mostly when my arms are full.

Is it just for their amusement? You would think they would get tired of their feet getting stepped on.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It seems the ban on this thread has been lifted...BRAVO ATS Mods.....there are sooo many facinating subjects when discussing animals, and while FB and other forums may be fun, it's not the same level of depth in most cases as I think we could have here on ATS....because many here are smarter then the average "Bear"

I Love animals, and it deeply troubles me all the mass deaths of animals we are seeing around the world today

Animals have sences human's would be wise to learn from...I swear to you my dogs are "mind readers" all you have to do is think about taking them for a walk and they go balistic, not at predictable times either....it's really amazing !

ATS Animal forum...

p.s. we took care of a chinchilla for a summer while school was out....sweet little guys...friendly and very soft..
edit on 15-10-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This thread never closed, only the second thread on the same topic was closed.

and on a personal note, (ie') my opinion, not Staffs,

I don't see it happening anytime soon, if at all.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 15/10/2012 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

I stand corrected....I mixed up the threads.....my mistake sorry.......I do appreciate the opportunity to make a case to ATS of why an Animal forum would be of value....LOL....heck...if chemtrails could get a forum...anything is possible...
.........and for the record I do believe at the very least some kind of "experimental" weather modafication is taking place, and have seen it with my own two eyes....but that's another topic.....

I am curious though why do you believe, if you do, that a forum on Animals would or should never happen?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

well do we really need a forum to post pictures of kittens and puppies because that's all it would be.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

You could use that argument for almost any of the Off-Topic General Chat Forums though.

Sure there would be thread about cat pictures, but that could easily be remedied by a sticky thread at the top saying, "Post your cat pictures here!"

It's not fair to set limitations on something that has not yet been tried. There very well could be people seeking advice on the care for, or where to buy, sharing anecdotes about their pets, or more.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Well...with respect...I disagree......sure there will be pics of puppies and kittens....why would anyone object to that....thier cute...make people smile....

It also could be a forum to discuss the connection to Animals and the Earth....I see that as an important topic, and one piece of the puzzle for humans to connect with thier "souls"...lol...you need a puupy...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

well do we really need a forum to post pictures of kittens and puppies because that's all it would be.

I respectfully disagree.

There are many topics to be discussed.

1 - The History of Animal Domestication by Mankind.
Do You know that the Cat is the only Creature in all of known history to domesticate Itself?

2 - Are You aware that Cats are arguably responsibile for twice preventing the Extinction of Humanity?

There can be a lot more to it than Kitties & Puppies & Pix (Say I).

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

I think the pet food industry is getting away with putting junk in their pet food and are making animals sick. That would qualify as a conspiracy topic.

Mass animal deaths.

Ghost animals.

These are all very interesting topics, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah I agree.. This would be a great BTS forum category!!
You have my support on this idea!
Being I just came from a Thread with a really cool photo of a Cat and a dragon

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join