It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Brits Breach Restricted Groom Lake Area

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

On May 14th 2012 myself, four other people and a BBC film crew were filming in Nevada and near Area 51 and decided to go up to the Back Gate at Rachel at approx 1730 hours. We drove down the road to the gate and parked up expecting to be turned away straight away as we were filming on the public land outside the boundary. However there were no guards to be seen and all was quiet.

There was 12 of us in total plus one tour bus and driver, so after spending about 30 minutes doing various filming outside the first stop barrier and trying to call the guards, we all decided to walk onto the prohibited area in front of the guard shacks and continue filming. I though this was a bad idea but still no sign of any guards and we were left alone to freely film the buildings and cctv cameras watching us. Basically we had ignored the warning signs and we now trespassing on Area 51 as you can see in the images. We continued to film for another 30 minutes with no trouble at all until one of our group looked through the shack window at the guards. They were all sitting down eating their dinner watching the basketball on TV.

full story here: www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wow, this was just stupid. I mean seriously. Having been in the military, I've had to deal with perimeter guards in the past, and those guys don't play around. Everything is a potential threat, and these morons were lucky they weren't shot. They shouldn't have pressed their luck, although I am not convinced the guards knew they were there. People probably come up that way so rarely that they weren't paying much attention.

But if they did know they were there, they were being pretty nice to let them film on restricted land. I always said there is no way anyone will obtain any useful information in this manner, although what this guy said was interesting. It is always possible that they really did have an experimental aircraft on the pad or in the air, but if that was the case, they should have been paying better attention to detail. Or just doing their jobs. It is funny though that they knocked on the door after observing them watching basketball. HAHA. I can just imagine those guys pissing themselves, either thinking they were about to die, or thinking that a superior officer(s) were present and they were about to get reamed for not doing their jobs.

So anyway, if their were experimental craft in the open, their words may actually carry some weight. The whole sub-level talk likely meant, in that case, to get classified material below the ground. It is not a secret that the base is partially underground...MOSTLY underground even, so that would make sense. This would then confirm there are different levels of the base. I wouldn't think that the perimeter guards would know all that much about classified projects, but since they probably see more than any other regular employee, they might be more in the loop so to speak. Especially considering that they must inform the base that their are people on the base, although I don't know how procedures for the guards would change whether or not experimental craft are in the air.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Look this video, is very interesting.

edit on 4-10-2012 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayktheon
Look this video, is very interesting.

This video does not exist

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Area 51 and Rachel Nevada Trip

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

WOW, the balls on these people, civies are always such a trip. Cudos to these guys, I dont have the stones for somthing like this.

Cant wait to see the video, I will see it around the board somewhere I am sure, once it is realeased.

SnF op

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayktheon
www.youtube.com...

Area 51 and Rachel Nevada Trip

Nice smoke

Of course they are EPA exempt and can burn any toxic materials they want to all day long

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Surely some alarm would indicate to the Guards that the gate`s had been breached , there would be censors and camera`s all along the road leading to the base .

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84
Surely some alarm would indicate to the Guards that the gate`s had been breached , there would be censors and camera`s all along the road leading to the base .

would have been funny if the guards were caught playing "Brokeback Mountain" games with each other - too busy to look at the monitors!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Burning at the sky may be a plane crash, many test flights with fighter jets as Ef-18 have been seen on more than one occasion crashed, hopefully, the pilots ejected at high velocity from the jet fighter. In relation to the burning of the stealth coating layers burned in open trenches and toxic materials, I don't if they today still do.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This site has an excellent report of the "exposure" of area 51

True Story Of Area 51

Here is the historic situation prior to the May 1989 Lazar interview. No one in the public, except John Lear and a couple hikers even knew there was even a base there. There were mountains hiding the base and it was in the middle of an inhospitable desert where few people dared to travel. From 1955 till 1989 officials had been able to test various Top Secret planes in complete secrecy. In 1985 they grabbed 49,000 more acres of land to keep out hikers, installed heavy security around the base complete with cameras, ground motion detectors, and signs with threat to kill messages to anyone who chose to get closer. It doesn’t get much more quiet, secure and secret than that.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

Security at the back gate is quite poor. I don't think they have any ground sensors back there. They have a cheesy PIR sensor to alert them to vehicles.

www.lazygranch.com...

If the FBI was really there, that would explain the 3 hour wait. They had to drive in from Las Vegas. It doesn't take 3 hours, but the camo dudes probably gave the FBI the identities of all the infiltrators, and the FBI ran background checks. The last thing any law enforcement official wants to do is release someone that has a want or warrant, so it is prudent to see what you are dealing with.

It wouldn't surprise me if these arses are no longer able to get a visa.

BTW, the camo dudes would have just ignored the crew if they just hung out by the gate.

Regarding the "ghost", the Pave Hawk security is known as the Ghost Squadron. Sometimes they put ghost in all caps, as if it an abbreviation. It is standard procedure to assume there are other infiltrators once one is found. Kind of like cockroaches.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

I wouldn't put too much faith in the "presidential UFO" website. As Shadowhawk has pointed out many times, Groom Lake was never a secret. The construction of the base was announced in the paper.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

naw....yes, it can be stern with base police at the gate but....no need to say get shot .....right? for tresspassing....the critical perimeter is the guy with thw m-16 walking arounf the FB-111-F or at Mountain Home AFB or maybe an F-14 on the flightline, hot ready at Nellis AFB.....this crew did good....Ilike 'em

edit on 4-10-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh ...coolest of names

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rayktheon

That smoke is in free territory (outside the border). It is most likely due to lightning. It was 102 deg F by the power plant just outside of Las Vegas on route 93. It was probably over 90 deg F in the range.

They often don't bother fighting these fires. They just burn out eventually. I have seen a few ground strikes along the ET Highway.

Some of the video showed virga, i.e rain evaporating before it hits the ground. That is common out there in the summer months. This page has a decent photo of virga (uh, not to be confused with a little blue pill).
www.circlinghawk.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I once came into a restricted area. I met and talked to the guards. They didn't do anything strict. I agreed with them not to come to the place anymore. The place is a military patrol ground.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The group were probably very lucky that nothing else happened to them or they weren't shot. However, it's surprising to note that the guards were watching TV rather than patrolling the most 'secret' facility in the world. Perhaps when I get the time away from work within the next few years or so I will make a trip to Area 51 and climb Tikaboo peak. I would love to know what sort of things they have once you get passed the gate. It would be interesting to see if they do have weaponry that is alerted by sensors and so on. It's mind boggling! I don't think I would ever risk trespassing at Area 51 though!
edit on 7-10-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What azn incredibly stupid thing to do. The US military generally exercises a shoot first ask questions later policy. As another poster has pointed out, you were lucky not to get shot.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

I can't believe that someone hasn't already used some type of crittercam on some pigeons or larger birds (or other type of animal) and got a better look inside...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
coolest thing i have read in a long time!!! i am actully so jelous i would love to do that im planning on making the trip my self in the next few years i hurd that Tickaboo peak is a good location to go to see the base.
i plan on trying to find some of these hidden cencors and cameras just to pull a moonie ir somthing stupid give the camo dudes a lagh. i also ould like to camp near buy for a couple of nights just to watch out for any thing classified

ONE LOVE

<<   2  3  4 >>

join