It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People: What do they do?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

alienreality
I know a guy that was bothered by shadow beings for about 2 weeks, it was after he visited a known haunted graveyard..

He finally got mad at them and told them that if they didn't go away and stop bothering him, that he would come and look for him/them in the spirit world after he dies.. He told them he would torment them for all eternity if they didn't leave him alone... They left and he hasn't been bothered since.

He said he got the idea from one of the ghost shows..
This does seem to be the best way to be left alone by a "Shadow Person".

jljl08
I have encounter them shadow people before. i was in my room staring at the monitor then suddenly I caught the shadowy figure out of corner of my eye at my room's door way, it didnt show all the body, it was as if person hid their entire body outside the door way and just letting its head come out to peek on you. My reaction was to turn my head and see who was there at the door way, as I turned to less then 45 degree the shadowy head shift back just like a person would do if the person you try to take a peek on you looked at your direction you would hide yourself, it didnt just disappeared I could still remember that split second of tilting its head backward as to not let me see him/her. I was not feeling threaten by shadow person at all.
This is the most common report about "Shadow People". Just seeing them out of the corner of the eye, and the "Shadow Person" just being there without any involvement with the viewer.

I'm glad that both of you have posted these, Most people at one time or another have seen a "Shadow Person", but for what ever reason choose to forget it, or just don't think to much about it. "Shadow People" seem to be much more common then first thought, and these encounters of "Just Seeing Them" are very important in studying this phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Guyfriday
reply to post by Huepro

Thank you for sharing this encounter. Would you mind answering some questions about this?

sure ask away.

jljl08
...then suddenly I caught the shadowy figure out of corner of my eye at my room's door way, it didnt show all the body, it was as if person hid their entire body outside the door way and just letting its head come out to peek on you...

I forgot to say I saw this too. I am getting goosebumps because I remember a freaky one that was upside down looking from the corner of the ceiling of the livingroom on plain daylight.

something like this

Like I said before this only happened while I lived on that house.
edit on 15-9-2013 by Huepro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

seen2much
I have said many times that the daemonic (not demonic) or Jinni are believed to have their own societies and differences as we. They predate humanity and according to Islam are hateful (some of them) towards humanity. They hate to be noticed. Once they are then prepare for a wild ride if they are mean.

I feel taking a Christian or Islamic outlook lessens one's ability to fathom this phenomenon as much as a skeptic's does. I am not anti-Christian or anti-Muslim (though I do not think much of either now) but jumping the "evil" card is the same as jumping the "nonesense" one.

However, as a word of caution try not to enter into a conversation with them or invite them, please.

I met a daemon once....He was mean to me at first said he hated me...I didnt know I was talking to a daemon...but after awhile he grew used to me....and even though he acted like he didnt like me... i knew he cared....he actually protected me...from the evil beings that were trying to kill me...But sadly he died...protecting my friend....I felt his emotions since we were connected in a way...His last emotions...His love and yearning for his love from a long time ago...I miss him heh...cause I didn't get the chance to really get to know him more...but I know he has been set free...to go back home..But I learned a new thing about Daemons...I never knew they existed...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Um this person never lied to me about this....he and I are actually connected...I feel what he feels and he feels what I feel....He told me he would come sometimes to keep watch over me...make sure I was ok...hint...Guardian Angel...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Shikanyah

Um this person never lied to me about this....he and I are actually connected...I feel what he feels and he feels what I feel....He told me he would come sometimes to keep watch over me...make sure I was ok...hint...Guardian Angel...
Sorry didn't mean to come across like that, but it is an extraordinary claim that I (and I'm sure others) would love to see, but as I stated as before a person turning into a Shade Form doesn't mean that they are a Shadow Person (thank you for the GA addition, but I have to ask if this is a person or not?)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Huepro

Thank you for the image that helps a lot. After looking at the picture was the Shadow Person up in the corner, or were they standing up in the corner?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Guyfriday

Shikanyah

Sorry didn't mean to come across like that, but it is an extraordinary claim that I (and I'm sure others) would love to see, but as I stated as before a person turning into a Shade Form doesn't mean that they are a Shadow Person (thank you for the GA addition, but I have to ask if this is a person or not?)

Um its very complicated....lol...I can say this....This was indeed a person...actual person...but he and two others are connected..as I am too...I was brought into their connection...He gave me a small piece of his soul which also had the soul of a Daemon and a Seraphim....The Daemon unfortunately died saving both the person and Guardian Angel....its a long story one that I dont wanna say its too painful...I still feel sad about it...to feel his last emotions....but reason he did this was that if we ever separated or something happened...then we can find eachother again...right now I am still connected but the Angel has to go back to do God's work...and for the person...he and I are...having issues...because I refuse to deviate from God..He is young...I wish I could comfort him...because I am thankful for what he did for me...for protecting me...and giving me revelation of what is going on in the heavenlies.....this person is going through his own trials which I cannot do anything but pray for him...so yeah complicated life...sigh...but he has transformed into a shade or shadow to watch me...um but I think only if you a certain level or something I have no idea..or like a rank...not everyone can do this...All i can say is this stuff is real...like I am realizing just how oblivious we are to these things...Ihope this will help people..to realize that there is an even bigger picture to the world we live in...much bigger...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This is the most common report about "Shadow People". Just seeing them out of the corner of the eye, and the "Shadow Person" just being there without any involvement with the viewer.

I'm glad that both of you have posted these, Most people at one time or another have seen a "Shadow Person", but for what ever reason choose to forget it, or just don't think to much about it. "Shadow People" seem to be much more common then first thought, and these encounters of "Just Seeing Them" are very important in studying this phenomenon.

Guyfriday, I feel to study this phenomenon one should also take into account of the person's life events around the time they encountered "shadow people". What I mean is maybe there are some correlations on one's life events or stages that attracts these "shadow people" to appear. I get the feeling that "shadow people" are fascinated with either one's life or one's consciousness.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jljl08

I fully agree with this statement. I, on the other hand, am attempting to map out and understand the social make up of the "Shadow People".

Understanding the situation of the viewer is an important process in understanding the "Shadow People Phenomenon", but for now that's outside of what I'm doing. If you would like to attempt to undertake that type of research I would be willing to help you on that.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
When I was young about the age of 3-4 he used to come out every night and sit at the edge of my bed and just stare down at. I remember being fully awake and paralized with fear. He was very tall with a black top hat black cape and no face just blackness. After a while its strange but I got used to him being there and he just keep coming night after night. Eventually when I got a little older we moved to a different state. I had not seen him for a long time until I was about 10 playing hide and go seek. I his in a closet and a hand in a black glove came down out of the clothes and waved at me, I immediately knew who it was. I have always since had religious or ghost experiences throughout my life. My name came about because of my grandmother having a premonition and it was that if I was not named John I would not live. I don't believe the shadow man is harmful. I think he is attracted to those who may see him just like other entities. I feel that he helped me because all my life I have had experiences and I kind of just say well its your world also I guess as long as you dont harm me do whatever u need to do. I live with these things because nothing can be more powerful than having that being sitting on your bed every night. Not all unknown things in this world are bad...they are just there. Some people see them.. Some people are clueless to them...but like it or not they are real. Its not a coincidence that so many people are reporting the same thing. I only looked this up on the internet last year and realized that there were thousands of people reporting the same thing so how could it have been my imagination?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jwalkerblk

thank you for sharing this event. Do you think that the two encounters were the same individual, or was there anything that stuck out in your mind as different between the two?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

jwalkerblk
When I was young about the age of 3-4 he used to come out every night and sit at the edge of my bed and just stare down at. I remember being fully awake and paralized with fear. He was very tall with a black top hat black cape and no face just blackness. After a while its strange but I got used to him being there and he just keep coming night after night. Eventually when I got a little older we moved to a different state. I had not seen him for a long time until I was about 10 playing hide and go seek. I his in a closet and a hand in a black glove came down out of the clothes and waved at me, I immediately knew who it was. I have always since had religious or ghost experiences throughout my life. My name came about because of my grandmother having a premonition and it was that if I was not named John I would not live. I don't believe the shadow man is harmful. I think he is attracted to those who may see him just like other entities. I feel that he helped me because all my life I have had experiences and I kind of just say well its your world also I guess as long as you dont harm me do whatever u need to do. I live with these things because nothing can be more powerful than having that being sitting on your bed every night. Not all unknown things in this world are bad...they are just there. Some people see them.. Some people are clueless to them...but like it or not they are real. Its not a coincidence that so many people are reporting the same thing. I only looked this up on the internet last year and realized that there were thousands of people reporting the same thing so how could it have been my imagination?

This is something I was looking for...someone who saw something like me...but I only saw once a creature similar to what you are describing...
And the second time I saw only a hand in my dream making a sign...
You can read my experience here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
And on the same page and the next page you can find two more posts about it,and about a dream I had after that happening.
I'm not sure what to think about this...but I was afraid,I didn't feel any kind of protection,as you describe.
edit on 1-4-2014 by exodus27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Good topic!
Lots of great posts!
I will place my story here too.
Its not the first time I have told this story on forums, the first print was June 2009.
I have edited it slightly - but the story remains as I have told it over the years.
These encounters were pre-internet, when very little to no information was available ...
Since then I have written some theory and further investigations - up until present day.
I have not included those findings in the story to any detail -

Hope it is of some interest...

The Shadow Man - my 4 encounters...

My first encounter was for me pretty terrifying at the time. I came home after being out at a friend’s place. The plan was to stay over for the night, but as it worked out I decided to come home, and I shared a taxi with a friend. As we pulled up outside my house, I noticed how strange it looked - full moon, but not a light on anywhere - the family were all home but asleep, it was about 2am. The taxi drove off and I just stood outside for a while before entering the yard.

I hadn't brought my house key with me as I had not intended to go home, so trying not to make a sound, I started to walk around the side of the house to get to the back door. As I rounded the car alongside the house, I looked towards the gate to the backyard. The light from the moon was really bright and high above, but there seemed like a dark spot in the open gate space. I stopped dead in front of the car and peered really hard into the space - I thought I could see the outline of someone standing there - I kept staring, I was clutching a bag which had my clothes in it for grim death - it really looked like a person head to toe in a black bodysuit, with no distinguishing features at all. I thought - 'don’t be stupid' and made a move forward keeping my eye on the shape. Then it moved. Its head moved sideways and I screamed - a scream that came from somewhere from the depths of all my fears - from a place in my chest that I didn’t even know existed - and it was shrill, loud and screeching. The shadow ran so fast towards me that it had reached me within a flash and as I was blocking its way - it pushed me aside and it jumped over the car, I went under the front of the car shaking like a idiot (though I think my legs gave out I was shaking so much )
The lights came on the front veranda immediately, and a family member appeared - my brother was asleep next to the balcony door had seen something and threw a chair from the balcony at it, then my brother in law came and jumped off the balcony and ran down the street after it ...
In a minute he came back - very quiet. My sister (his wife) asked what happened - he was completely white! He said "I was chasing him and he just disappeared into thin air".

I could not be consoled - I could not stop shaking. The experience was devastating. For months after I couldn’t sleep, and would lie awake in a cold sweat - there had been a few incidents prior to this where I had seen a woman in my room with a child at night - and always thought someone was watching me ... until finally I had to go to a hypnotherapist so I could put myself to sleep at night.

I tried many times to find out what it was, but no internet in those days, and no help in my neck of the woods about such things. I was told to forget about it - though for years I never could. When I moved out of home I slept with the light on as this 'fear' was still with me as he had jumped into my dreams on occasion and ran out of them (probably because of this). But nothing further more happened - I did not physically have an encounter with him again. Until ...

4 years later I was sharing a flat with 11 others - it was a great place, nothing unusual about it.
One night the entire 10 others went out and I decided to stay at home. I fell asleep on the lounge with the light on listening to the radio. I suddenly awoke - but the light was off the place was dark, a strong wind was coming from down the hallway and I thought, someone has come home, opened the balcony door and turned the lights off - then I realized the balcony door was closed, and I couldn’t move (I was in my sleeping bag) and I couldn’t breathe. Then I got this sense - the panic - as I peered into the darkness, suddenly I could see the black shape/shadow again, his head came around the wall from the hallway and saw me. I tried to scream but couldn't. I left my body completely (OBE). In this state - I was shaking and I was in this stupid sleeping bag. I jumped to the phone and tried to dial a number, but couldn’t stop shaking, I was trying to ring my sister - and the wind down the hallway was unreal - then he was behind me, and I fell backwards. I ran to the balcony door, opened it, and slammed it shut. I was outside in the dark in this stupid sleeping bag. And it came through the balcony window out onto the balcony and had me by the throat, I was panicking and hyperventilating and thought OMG he's trying to push me over the balcony. I lunged forward and opened the balcony door, got inside, and locked it - the Shadow was outside, but I couldn't see it - it moved SO fast - I ran to the phone again and was dialling when I saw it coming back in through the window, and I misdialled the number - I was still shaking, and then I passed out. I awoke on the lounge and couldn't breath from fear - thought 'my god, if I don’t move or breath right now, you’re going with him!" - and I drew this wisp of breath in and suddenly 'I came back' ... (I hope that makes sense) ... and the lights were still off and I was on the lounge and the wind had stopped. I did not move nor sleep until another housemate came home. They turned the light on and shrieked OMG are you alright! I was grey. That person still says they have never seen a grey person until that time, and never have since.

From that time on I did some serious investigating, though still scared of encountering the shadow again, I did start to have some very psychic experiences which lead me down another path of esoteric teachings. During that time, I did come across a few books with snippets of information regarding The Shadow. Most information came in the way of Dream Work and Psychic Phenomena books, from talking to individuals and finding other people who had experienced similar or who had dealt with others in similar situations. I learnt enough over a time to not feel afraid any more, I felt that with a little more maturity and understanding of the situations, I could possibly handle such a thing if it happened again - and it did.

I physically saw the shadow again once whilst looking down the street where I lived at night - there was no one around - but I saw it - I was living on a block which was all terrace houses which had been marked for demolition - except mine and one other. It was on the corner of the block and darted away. There was no one else around that night, except him and me. *and once more, the wind was screaming down the street, picking up the leaves from the gutters and literally hurling them down the road, like they were caught on a jet stream.

The next encounter was not long after that - in a dream like state - I was not as prepared as I thought I would be, but The Shadow Man, I had learnt appeared very quick and was changeable. I was walking down the street (similar to my own), and the clouds overhead suddenly became black - like the darkest thunderstorm was rapidly coming over. Walking towards me was a man with a big dog - like a Rottweiler (sp?). As the man approached me the dog started growling and being vicious, and when it was level with me, out of the corner of my eye I saw the dog changed into The Shadow Man, and the other man disappeared. I swung around in that same panic to see it. The Shadow, exactly as it had been in appearance every time, was here again, this time his shape was growing. It seemed to be doing this dance - waving its arms and coming at me and jumping (springing) back and forth - and a voice in my head said 'Now' and I turned and went for this thing - screaming all the years of fear which had built up inside of me and this fear which had been ruling my life - it coped it! I knew I had to say something to disempower it and empower me - I told it, ‘it’ was not welcome and to never return to me, it was powerless, it had no power, it was a (insert rude words here) and a (insert more obscenities) and it had to leave - it was banished!!! It lunged at me one more time before I lost it, and lunged back - and it shrunk, and it ran - down the street and disappeared into nothing.

I have never seen it again since.

Now I must explain that I see little difference in the waking consciousness as the sleeping consciousness - when it comes to the Shadow Man I encountered. From my experience, The Shadow Man exists and operates in both states of realities - as clear and as conscious as the waking consciousness as the sleeping consciousness - the wall is thin, but both Shadow Man and I walked within the two.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It was the same entity... I knew right away. I never even spoke of this until the past couple years but I'm still shocked there is so much information about others seeing the same thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jwalkerblk

I get a lot of flak for this, but all signs point to a society of Shadow People. I wouldn't be to surprised if it was the exact same one you saw before. It seems that we are like pets to them (I'm still conducting research on this, but it really does seem that we are some kind of pet to them)

Thank you for responding on this question.

***PERSONAL SIDE NOTE***

There really is a lot of information out there on this, but just be wary about anything stating that they are one thing or another (this include my statement on this topic since I'm still researching this). It seems like people (you and me), Shadow People as a whole, can't be defined as good, evil, watchful, neglectful, or anything. Even their appearances seem to differ from region to region. They do seem to have certain characteristics in common (which was outlined earlier in this thread), but be warned:

People often throw in their own fears about the unknown. This can be seen by the "Demonization" of Shadow People rather than the look at them as a social group.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Jesus christ.. I really think my parents house is truley haunted! Ive felt and seen sooo many strange things. Posted about this in the beginging but it deserves a repost in my opinion... I hope this is OK with the OP? Got the idea that sharing experiences was what this thread was about...

Anyways... Started with me sleeping upstairs at my partents home while bedridden after hurting my back (tragic story so I don't want to go into details).. no medications i can think of that would cause hallucinations etc...

My mom and dad bought the house after an old ladie died there and I moved in upstairs (pretty big and semi-old house). After a few nights I started feeling like somone was laying next to me and snuggeling... was too creepy for me while bedridden so decided to move downstairs instead.

Down there I had everything from a djinn looking type (yellow face and mustache) freeze frame from my computer stairing at me with an evil grin. Been vistied by MANY shadowpople and I never had this experience as a youngster.. What does cross my mind is that I did end up in the intensive care after hurting my back so perhaps this has something to do with it? Beeing visited by reeper henchmens and such! If I count on shadow sigthtings I'd say 15-20 during those 4 years at my parets place... (some where most likley sleep paralasys since i was bedridden) but some where truly in an awake and sober state!

Take the djinn for an example... had turned my screen off while playing a youtube vid. Laid down to relax.. can't remember If i fell asleep toally but i awoke up to the fammiliar sound of an LP player hung up.. So i turned on my screen and checked it out, and there he was
So i thought ok, this is all in your head! Turned around, slapped myself a few times.. shook my head etc. Did EVERYTHING i could think of to wake me up but he was still there when I turned back after a min or so. Called my father for help and the second he got into and angle of view the "djinn" was gone like that.

I've seen hatman, blobby shadows and the one that creeped me out THE most apart from that yellow guy was a little shadowguy very simmilar to the little hooded guys from starwars, cant recall their name atm.. but you know what im talking about? Short, dressed in a cloak with a hood and SUPER red eyes. Thank GOD i moved from there and put my foot down in my new apartment. Some creepy stuff has happened here tho. Just captured an alien photo by mistake a while back! The documentary about Orson wells mars invsaions was running on tv and I was just practicing with my Ipad to take phots of my new aparment/furnishing...

Edit: Details may vary a little if you read my older post but I'm no storyteller promise! Should be on the first page... This was many years ago for me
edit on 24-4-2014 by threepwood because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2014 by threepwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So if you have a problem with hantuntings and don't feel comfortable with it, try showing respect and putting your foot down before calling the ghost hunters... that just seems to fuel the fire. I did something along the lines of this: "So perhaps you guys have followed me over here, and that's cool for now. But I really need some peace and quite now. Lets show mutual respect, and please don't come back untill I ask for it? Go down to hell and tell the devil to kiss hiss own ass and try to getyourself out of there! Bye bye all! Said that out LOUD 5 times or so.. So far so good with the exception of one really mindblowing alien picture...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: threepwood

I have found that with Shadow People treating them like us helps in only kicking out the more decent ones. Sometimes you encounter one that isn't so "nice". In those cases you really have to show dominance over them by not being afraid to confront them, but just like with people you really shouldn't have to be so "in your face" with them.

What you don't want to do is call them names like Demon, Evil, or anything you wouldn't want to be called. Just talk to them and ask them to leave.

edit on 7-5-2014 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I've had one of these encounters a few years ago, I was reading a book in my room at night everybody was asleep. While I was reading, I suddenly saw a shadowy figure with the corner of my eye, I looked up at it then saw nothing, I thought I was just imagining things so I continued reading my book and it appeared again this tine I had a close look at it it looked like a man and it was staring at me when I looked at it it shot fear through my whole body and the next second it was gone and I forgot to mention I felt cold it was weird?. That was the only time I encountered it. Though imo shadow people are from a parallel universe or a different dimension or something like that.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hello,

Here is a good video on Shadow People:

www.youtube.com...

Sleep with one eye open...
Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join