It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People: What do they do?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: paranormics

Thank you for the video, but without personal experiences to get evaluated all I get from this is interesting videos.

****PERSONAL NOTE****

I have found that these Shadow People are for the most part harmless, but just like us they also seem to have a few bad apple in their bunch.

Good video collection.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

****JUST A HEADS UP****

For anyone that is Ghost hunting, or like me researching this phenomenon. It currently is getting to that time of year again where the sightings of Shadow People go on the rise.

When it begins to get damp, cool, and darker earlier it also becomes easier to spot Shadow People. From what I will share from my research the Shadow People seem to have a harder time staying camouflaged when the temperature drops and the humidity raises.

If you get any good first hand pictures of them, or you just have a run in with them. Please post about it, so this mystery can be solved.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have a weird story. Well one day my boyfriend and I were sleeping. I had got in an argument that night with him, so instead of sleeping next to him, I flipped myself around and slept at his feet. We both fell asleep. I was awoken by weird sounds of my boyfriend. Whimpers. As if he was being tortured. So I opened my eyes and lifted my head a little to see what was the matter. What I seen I couldn't believe. There was two little creatures floating above him. They were about a foot or so tall. Kinda chunky. They were both dressed in black cloaks. They had little pointy shoes that pointed directly to the floor. They were hovering above him, as if they were observing or studying him. My ex boyfriend was in clear distress moving his head from side to side and whining. He was asleep though. The two creatures turned around in mid air and hovered to the other side of my room and disappeared into the wall. I couldn't see their faces. It was completely black inside their cloaks. These little creatures didn't acknowledge my presence in the room. It was so weird. And to this day it still shocks me. They do exist people! reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I personally am not a bigger believer in ghosts, even though I've some experiences I'd like to question.
My girl friends sister, however, said she had seen something some time ago, and I was pretty curious about her experience.

Normally, from wht I've read about shadow people, are kind of different from wht she experienced. Normally it all about a sinister looking figure, with yellow gleaming eyes, smiling like a clown that has no reason to be laughing.

What I heard about what she experienced was a little odder. She said, from what her sister told her, was that a figure enveloped in smoke appeared in the room she was in, and it had orange/red eyes, and the eyes were completely different in shape as well(Im keeping that little detail). She said when it looked at her, it felt like it was tugging or sucking her soul for a moment. Then it let go, and poofed out of existence.

She said it looked incredibly violent, and the intriguing was that, it had no smile from what I remember. I actually asked her that question specifically.

Doubt it was Evil Ryu tho. I have had similar experience with the tugging on the soul/consciousness. Albeit, it was more pleasant when it came to first impressions, however intimidating it could be. But that true blue for ya.
edit on 17-9-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CubiG

The two creatures turned around in mid air and hovered to the other side of my room and disappeared into the wall. I couldn't see their faces. It was completely black inside their cloaks. These little creatures didn't acknowledge my presence in the room.

Thinking back on this event, did they seem like living things, or more mechanical?

Thank you for sharing this encounter. It's sharing of this type of information that allows people to research this type of event.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

They didn't seem mechanical. They felt like beings from another dimension. It felt dark. The feeling I got was that they were sinister beings. I wasn't scared, but more in shock than anything. They were almost like little scientists conducting an experiment. Other peoples stories I've read have said similar things that they're unaware of other people in the room. Its like they cross our dimension and solely focus on their target. Perhaps?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CubiG
Thank you for responding back. So they were observers. You don't have to say, but I do wonder what they were trying to learn.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Maybe they were manipulating his dreams, or poking him n hurting him. Who knows. I wish I knew.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I recently posted this story in the "Hat man thread", which has since slowed down. I saw this thread on the forums, and please forgive me for reposting something I already had in another thread, but I thought it was relevant.

When I was 19, a few friends and myself went camping on a family owned piece of land. What we didn't know was that this piece of land was smack in the middle of a lot of bad mojo. In any direction from our camp, bad things had happened to people in the past. Examples include a woman and her son having drowned in a canoe near our camp, there is a hunting cabin (picture a typical 50's style house only in the middle of the woods, with electricity) where a shootout occurred in the 70's between the West Virginia State Police and several undesirables which ended with a high fatality rate on both sides. Perhaps the most prominent, and prone to producing "bad things", was an UNMARKED SLAVE GRAVEYARD (I will get the pictures of this place, don't have them at the moment) that is filled with graves of slaves who were killed building one of the TWO(2) trail tunnels that run under the hills that are abundant in this part of the country. Sadly there are no pictures of these tunnels online, or I'd provide a link. Our camp was roughly 200 yards from these train tunnels.

I digress, however, and need to get back on topic. We arrived just as the sun was going down, and had the fire going and set up before it was completely dark. First thing the boys wanted to do was spotlight fish and try to spear them, like Bear Grylls does. The actual percentage of us succeeding at this was very low, but we tried anyway for a few minutes. It wasn't until we noticed that every time we turned the spotlight off, we would hear a distinct WHOOSH WHOOSH, which if you've heard people walking in the water, was a very distinct sound. Sounded EXACTLY like someone walking through water at around shin height. When the light was off, the sound would occur. Turn the light on and the sound would immediately stop, but you could see the ripples in the water where something had disturbed the waters surface. The worst part? It was headed from the far bank to our side of the water. My cousin and I looked at each other, I could tell that he was afraid, and not wanting to ruin the mood, I covered and said it was fish. We went back to the fire where the other 2 were sitting, not wanting to talk about it and scare the others. It was at this time that the experience was escalated.

Sitting in the warm light of the fire cheered us up a bit, but we were still shaken, and to add to the stress, you could still hear the water rhythmically swooshing in the darkness we had just come from. We had the spotlight, and occasionally would use it just to search the immediate area for anything scary, but whatever it was just kept walking in that water, WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH.

It was when we started hearing what we thought were hunters walking through the woods talking that fear really started to take hold. Remember, at this point, only my cousin and I know anything weird is going on. The other 2 have heard the water whooshing and made small comments, like the fish sure are wound up, or something like that. When we started hear indistinct murmuring, things took a slightly more dangerous turn. We hoped that it was just people walking through on their hunt, that there was a rational explanation. We were all getting more than a little freaked out at this point, and when we told the 2 about what we had witnessed happening in the water, everyone was ready to go.

Thank you for everyone who has stayed with me so far, I'm getting to the relevant parts, I promise.
At this point we had enough, and were ready to go. A STRONG gust of wind came in just as we decided to do this, which was out of place as we were in a valley, beside a hill and hadn't had any strong winds up to that point. The wind blew on the fire and almost blew it out, dropping the light radius down to just a few feet from the firepit. One girl screamed, us suddenly being plunged into darkness was too much for her, and as I turned to run to fire up the ATV that we brought down, I saw it.

This was the moment in my life, the first of its kind, that stopped me dead in my tracks and made me a full believer. Leaning, yes LEANING with one hand rested on the front grill, was a full sized (I am 6'6", it was at least a foot taller than me and seemed to shrink and grow like a shadow) shadowman. It was DARKER than the pitch black night behind it, and seemed to emanate darkness, like how heat waves coming off of a fire distort the air above it. It had a hat on, but it looked like more of a stetson, or a cowboy hat, not a fedora although I could be mistaken. There were NO red eyes, and I could not make out any details of a face other than it was DARK, like looking into a well, and had no feet. They just sort of ended at the ankles.

As I was the first to see it, I was stunned. Rooted to the ground in fear, as wave after wave (I could feel this, intense emotional episodes of fear and revulsion that washed over me and others, but would go away just as quickly, like waves on a beach) over me. The others caught up to me at this point in their hustle to leave, and 3 other people saw exactly what I was seeing. The girl let out a LOUD piercing scream. People for miles around who could hear it probably thought something much different was going on in the woods that night. As she let out this scream, the figure suddenly stood upright, like it straightened its back, and like the Flash took off in a blur back towards the train tunnels

As we jumped on the ATV, which had worked JUST FINE coming down, it was very hard to start, the battery was not charged enough to start it. This does not happen, the battery was full and fine and should have had no trouble. My mind immediately went to the shadowman leaning on the ATV, I am sure that his contact with this battery is what drained it. Luckily, this ATV was manual, so we were able to roll-start it to get it going and get home.

Now this story has stuck with me forever, but was solidified when an incident happened to my uncle.I will be brief.

My uncle was in the woods hunting with his dog at night, roughly 1 year later. He was up on top of the hill we had camped at the base of, and the dog had gone up above him on top of a rock face ledge. While up there, the dog was sniffing around and knocked a large rock off the ledge that fell and hit my uncle in his head/neck area. This (temporarily, thanks to surgery) paralyzed the entire right side of my uncles body. He had fallen to the ground and only had one good arm/leg with which to pull himself around, and then only very weakly. After I had told this story and it had made its rounds both in my family and the limited online submissions, my uncle (who somehow drove himself out of the woods that night, after turning around a heavy ATV with only limited function) sent my mother a very mind-shattering text message. This man is NOT one to lie. He has lived an honest life as a hard worker, and as a result retired a millionaire, so if he says something to you, you can believe that it is the truth. I have NEVER seen this man lie, and I know from experiences with my cousins and family that he abhors lying. His text said, "I've never told anybody this, but the man in the hat the kids saw that night helped me turn my ATV around and saved my life."
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23
Thank you for posting this. It's very good that other people who've had good experiences with the Shadow People talk about them as well. Most people only think that they evil, but I have found that their intentions vary as much as human intention does.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SpearMint

O do they? I guess so, because this little reality your in is fictional. Perception is reality.

But anyways shadow people, well they do a lot of different "stuff" mostly tho just pick up energy that matches their vibration freq. a lot of shadow entries are fear based, meaning they shoot fear into you and pick up your fear to eat. They are not vampires , it's a symbiotic relationship, now if your aura or will is weak or not compatible then these things are mostly gonna just scare the # out of your kids, and you. They gotta eat. Some are why and playful. Some are considered by "some" to be demons, they do got red or yellow eyes and look pretty #ing demonic. But when I became a medium I opened my third eye to this lower vibrations freq, a freq ruled by fear. Higher is considered more god like and I hear there are angelic beings, demons are not what u think, and angels are not what you think. They are the same at best, but demons are pretty chilling, ya they put a lot of neg energy in your house, but this one I got he just be chilling man, and he's never left the corner in the living room for two weeks now. Honestly babies and kids put so much mor neg energy into your house, not to mention they cost money, and they #. You gotta change them, know how many times I change my demons pals undies , or any shadow persons, not once. Not one #ing time. And if they attack you, it's just fear, and idk I have had physical contact with one, but that was when I was a kid, and didn't hAve a strong enough aura to not fear them. Word ya dig? My penical gland is activated, we psychics mediums and some locked up schizophrenics (niggas who don't know how to act right and handle thier #) all have that in common. The only thing to fear from anything in this world including shadow people, is fear itself, and spiders. Spiders are #ing scary. O but I have seen shadow person ride a tricycle, scare kids by coming out of their closet at night, #ing I just made one cry, whoops. But most of the time they just wanna rub up on some of that energy cuz they hungry and niggas gotta eat, and gonna eat however they got to get it.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Neptune666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Okay well now I've noticed there is one that keeps bending over my roommates bed, any ideas? It's like a constant bend over stand up, for hrs

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hello:

I am curious to know how many people have seen hat man, other human type shapes or non human shapes? I have see a shape that looked like a three foot column, darker that the night in the bedroom, no human features, not even eyes. Have others seen this kind of shadow person? Thanks SF
reply to: Guyfriday

edit on 29-10-2014 by SanFrancisco1956 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Also meant to mention this shadow glided when it moved, did not walk in any way
SF
a reply to: SanFrancisco1956

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SanFrancisco1956
Hello:

I am curious to know how many people have seen hat man, other human type shapes or non human shapes? I have see a shape that looked like a three foot column, darker that the night in the bedroom, no human features, not even eyes. Have others seen this kind of shadow person? Thanks SF
reply to: Guyfriday

Interesting event. It would sound like some kind of device. What are your feelings about this sighting?

From what I've learned the "Hat Man" is nothing more then a clothing variation on the Shadow People. Much like the Hooded Man, Top-Hat Person, or the Flowered Child.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
What did the alien photo look like? Have you had any activity that you attribute to that specifically?
Thanks and cheers
SF
a reply to: threepwood

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What do you mean by some kind of device ? I don't understand your question? I definitely saw some kind of shadow that was darker that the bedroom darkness, it didn't have a hat or do any of the "traditional " things people have reported. It had to facial features, it glided up along side of my bed, when it reached my nightstand, it must have realized I saw it as it immediately turned into a white ball of light and shot towards the bathroom entrance. It dies show that not everything white is good to me anyway. I didn't know what to make of it,I could have reached out and touched it, it was that close. Afterwards I was terrified and have slept with a light on at night since. I was curious as to whether all experiences have only been the hat man or a cloaked thing? ChertsvSF
proCheers SFR
eply to: Guyfriday

edit on 30-10-2014 by SanFrancisco1956 because: Hit send by mistake

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SanFrancisco1956

Sorry I should have asked if you felt if this object had any kind of emotional content, or if it seem to be just observing you?

Not all things shadowy are life forms, from my investigations it seems that some Shadow People use something that I refer to as drones to watch people. It would seem that a drone was spotted by you, but if you feel different please let me know.

When I say drone, I mean a non-life form, possibly some kind of mechanical device, but still falls in the "Shadow Entity" description.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Is this phenomenon new? I only learned about these shadow people from the internet while things as ghosts etc have a long history in fiction, folk lore, media and such but these shadow people aren't familiar to me at all. (not in this sense. I've probably never seen one, but I mean, they don't really have a place in cultural history, do they?)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join