It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People: What do they do?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just a heads up here, Thanks to those of you that are colour blind, I've been trying to figure out if using coloured film filters can enhance our ablility to see these Shadow People better. I've asked an Eye Doctor about colour filters that can replacate different types of colour blindness, and now I'm just waiting on a reply e-mail from them.

Thank you all for this information, and I'll give you a heads up if it turns into anything good.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Shadow people is urban myth. They sure doesnt exit at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cowgomoo
do you have proof of this? I know what I saw, and I'm sure the other people that saw these Shadow People know what they saw.

So I have to ask where is your proof that they don't exist?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have lived in a number of houses where strange things have occurred with these "shadow people". I had an older account here that I seem to have lost the information for, if I could find my old posts I would be glad to share them, but I have had no luck looking for them.

I have not experienced a lot with shadow people myself, though I have dealt with seeing white figures, very similar to the depictions and descriptions of shadow people. There was a time in my childhood where I was very sensitive to spirits, or what I thought were spirits anyway. Perhaps I was simply hallucinating due to being on a number of different medications for anxiety and anger problems.

I was about ten years old when this first started and it took place at my grandmother's house. During that time of my life I hated school, and would phone home sick frequently. My grandmother or grandfather would come get me just about every time, and I would spend the day there, mostly on the computer. One particular day, my grandmother was in the backyard doing gardening, and my grandfather was out there keeping her company, I was on the computer as usual. The computer room was called "the den" in their house, and there was only one possible entrance to that room besides a window, which was always closed. While I was cruising the net, a white figure walked past me quickly. The thing about this figure that bothered me more than anything was that it's lower half was pitch white, but the top half of it was pitch black. It spooked me more than anything ever before, I kept it a secret and just left that room immediately.

Since that day, for a number of years I had seen these things, or things similar. Though it has died down a lot since I have aged, it happens less and less these days.

There have been times within the past year or so that I walk through the hallway bathroom upstairs back down through the kitchen and into the basement where I sleep and spend most of my time. While passing through the hallway I cross my dad's doorway, and there have been times where I see a small white figure by his bed. I know this is not just me seeing this, as he has woken up in the night before and seen a white face right in front of his. There were times where he would wake up screaming. It has stopped these days, however. Though at times when I walk down there at night before I go to sleep, there it is.

One night around May or so, my girlfriend and I had just decided to go to sleep. She was laying on the right side of my bed, and that side is facing a much more open area than the left side which is almost right beside a wall, where I was.
My girlfriend was looking toward the big open area, we were just having a conversation and laying down, she had opened her eyes and suddenly she stopped mid sentence, rolled over, and cuddled up to me. She wouldn't speak.

I was frustrated, because I felt like maybe I said something wrong, and then about an hour or so later (she couldn't sleep, I was too worked up to fall asleep), she told me what had happened. We'd had experiences in the house together where we've heard voices and footsteps upstairs when both my younger brother and father are sleeping, and everyone who lives here is quiet convinced and aware of the house being haunted. What my girlfriend told me was that she saw a tall black figure standing behind the shorter figure of a young blond haired girl. Please note that since I was around the age of eleven or so I have had visions and sightings of a young blond girl, it has happened to me for years, and sometimes I still dream of her. There is a lot of background information on that subject which I had mentioned on an older account as well, some may remember hearing about it.

My girlfriend actually drew what she saw in a sketchbook that she had given me, it is not a very detailed drawing whatsoever, but I was curious and she decided she would do her best to draw it for me. It is a typical shadow figure, and of course the little girl in front of it.

Here is the drawing:

Above the drawing says: "This is what I saw that one night at your house. The little girl was blonde, and wearing a yellow dress"

It is creepy, as I went to open the sketchbook to snap a photo of this drawing, the first page I opened was the drawing.. Eerie.

My brother has also seen many shadow figures in the house, and I know you want us to avoid sharing other people's stories, but for the most part all of our experiences with shadow people have not been violent or aggressive in any way whatsoever, any time I have encountered these (and I have experienced them numerous times, stories I haven't mentioned in this, but none too significant), they have seemed harmless. From what I can tell, the shadow person or people that we deal with here in this home / family are not here to cause any trouble with us, but they only seem interested in us, and spend their time watching

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't been posting on here lately. Outside of posting in other threads, I've been looking into more stories of these Shadow People.

I'ld like to thank everyone that posted their stoies here (and in other threads). All of this information is very useful in making a profile of the Shadow People and their culture (which I strongly belive they have at this point)

I will continue to update this thread and read each post here.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm just letting everyone know that I'm still reading this thread, and other thread about these Shadow People. I have been looking into odd UFO reports that discribe Shadowy Aliens, but not any craft reported. Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Hi there Guyfriday was wondering what you're thoughts are on shadow people are now after all the replies you've recieved on this thread.

Also,have you ever seen the episode of 'Ghost Hunters' where they investigated an old brewery that was turned into a resturaunt/bar in,I believe,Savannah Georgia or Louisianna.They caught a black figure about the size of a child run behind a pool table,peek out the run away.Don't usually pay much heed to that programme bearing in mind it's primarily entertainment but that was quite impressive.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'm going to quote an MF Doom and Grimm song:

"I do not lie, when I doze off spirits hope I die, whatever
Angels, a waste of time, they work together
To Scheme and plot on me, 'cause I'm the son of man..."

I'm not religious, but can it be that "they" screw with us because we are truly made in a special embodiment that they cannot attain, and effing with us is their way of jealous nanny-nanny-boo-boo taunts because they know 99% of us are going to wig out? Basically, they're just getting their jollies same as a little teen punk snatching little kids bags on Halloween. Not really good, but not really evil either.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoppedUp

I'm going to quote an MF Doom and Grimm song:

"I do not lie, when I doze off spirits hope I die, whatever
Angels, a waste of time, they work together
To Scheme and plot on me, 'cause I'm the son of man..."

I'm not religious, but can it be that "they" screw with us because we are truly made in a special embodiment that they cannot attain, and effing with us is their way of jealous nanny-nanny-boo-boo taunts because they know 99% of us are going to wig out? Basically, they're just getting their jollies same as a little teen punk snatching little kids bags on Halloween. Not really good, but not really evil either.

I'm not so sure about the jealousness about our special embodiment part so much but I do think there's something in the pranking,wind up,not really good or evil part of it thought !!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Most of Ghost Hunters have proved to be faked...although the members of TAPS did start off as real guys with real interests until the network and producers took over and voted for ratings rather than the truth...just thought I'd put that out there.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Aye I know,that's why I said I don't usually pay any heed to the programme as it's primarily entertainment !!!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72
Aye I know,that's why I said I don't usually pay any heed to the programme as it's primarily entertainment !!!
OK so I went and watched a few of the older episodes of GH. They did seem to catch something of a Shadow Person in a few episodes, but it also seems that the newer episodes don't really hold to the unprovible code they seem to live by.

This is the main reason why I stated early on in this thread that I wanted to hear firsthand reports about Shadow People. I have my own accounts that I can work from, but the more stories I can get the better. One of the issues that can be resolved by hearing a firsthand report is the ability to ask questions to the person for clearification.

TV shows and "found Video" can have interesting items on them, but in the end if questions can't be asked then the video's are only good for entertainment.

I do appreciate this information though, but firsthand accounts are always more valuable.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I already posted my own personal account when this thread was new.

I just thought that particular video was worth mentioning as it's the only one I've seen worth noting.

I agree though later GH episodes seem to lack much credibility.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Since it seems that these Shadow People might be more active during this time of the year. With this in mind I thought it might be good to report these questions. Thank you for any responces.

Originally posted by Guyfriday
Questions:

1 = Has anyone seen one move an object that wasn’t within reach of their form?

2 = Can anyone remember only certain sizes of these creatures are emotionally attached? I’m wondering if it’s only with the child sized ones, or has anybody had the taller human sized one be this way too?

3 = Does this mean that they have racial traits, or that they can alter their tone?

4 = Does being religious make it easier to detect them, or does it make them more willing to make an appearance?

5 = Do people think they are evil because they are afraid of them, or have they done something to you to make you believe that they are evil?

6 = Are there any encounters that are beneficial to you the witness?

7 = To anyone that has a reoccurring encounter with them; do you know if it has a name it goes by (not one that you call it, but one it told you)?

8 = Are there specific times of the day when they are more likely to be seen?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This is my story of many years of experiencing this phenomena:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice story.
S&F for trying to figure out what they can do. I have linked my story. My shadow person followed me for several years and whilst living in different countries. And I had no problem seeing it smack on.

I have learned that they can move extremely fast, and affect the atmosphere around them. I mean change the air around them, they can make it harder for you to breathe.

I am 33 now and haven't seen one for many years , and don't wish to in the future. I only had bad experiences with this 'thing'.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added comment

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue
This is my story of many years of experiencing this phenomena:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice story.
S&F for trying to figure out what they can do. I have linked my story. My shadow person followed me for several years and whilst living in different countries. And I had no problem seeing it smack on.

I have learned that they can move extremely fast, and affect the atmosphere around them. I mean change the air around them, they can make it harder for you to breathe.

I am 33 now and haven't seen one for many years , and don't wish to in the future. I only had bad experiences with this 'thing'.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added comment
Thank you for responding. I'm going to go over your story and I may have some questions for you if thats ok.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I am #ting my pants cos I saw a shadow person at the side of the road the other night.

Just standing there eeekkkkkk with a long jacket... looked like a vampire. (omg, not that I really saw up close) but it was a very tall figure with a black cloak.

scarey ... wtf??

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cowgomoo

Eye witness accounts are considered evidence in a court of law. If a judge were to judge this case based on the preponderance of evidence and made a fair judgement then I can say with 100% certainty that he would conclude that they exist.

Unless of course you have some counter evidence with more weight to refute the eyewitness testimony?

-Alien

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I have seen shadow people omg scarey #.

years ago, a shadow person appeared in my bedroom and as I noticed it, all my cats that were in my room, pissed off the bed and jumped onto the top of the wardrobe. I was like

and just looked at the shadow person and that was that. scarey stuff. then I thought, 'oh it is just my imaginition, so don't worry...but why did my cats react like that and were staring at the figure ???

maybe my cats were hallucinating?

pfft

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by SpearMint

I have seen shadow people omg scarey #.

years ago, a shadow person appeared in my bedroom and as I noticed it, all my cats that were in my room, pissed off the bed and jumped onto the top of the wardrobe. I was like

and just looked at the shadow person and that was that. scarey stuff. then I thought, 'oh it is just my imaginition, so don't worry...but why did my cats react like that and were staring at the figure ???

maybe my cats were hallucinating?

pfft
Cats are jumpy anyways, but as for the Shadow Person, (both this one, and the one from the side of the road) there doesn't seem to be any reason to worry unless the Shadow Person acts in a threatening manor towards you.

From my research their mood can be felt (so to speak) so their appearence can determine their mood.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join