It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Now Dead. 30 Papers Suggest DNA is Encoded Intelligently

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by EnochWasRight

So basically, in order to make the 6 days "fit" you simply multiply it with a number you pick?

This thread is also a good resource to show that time dilation is the answer. LINK

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
I am a fundamental agnostic but I totally understand the significance of this finding. Taking out God/Bible which always clouds issues - evolution in simplest terms would suggest a great deal of junk DNA. I was one of the undergraduate biochemists in the 80s brought up on the fact that the majority of DNA was junk. If a recombination of DNA gave you an advantage over your rivals then it did not matter if it carried DNA detail that was neutral or pointless as you would still have the advantage.

Looking at the article though, my guess is that there are two layers of evolution at play here. Initially the useful gene will come in and make the advantage with the neutral genes attached. Then there will be further evolution (fine tuning) for the neutral genes to become some sort of regulator genes.

A whole new evolution theory - first published on ATS!

Try imagining the full DNA package as a lot more than just structural dictates. Did you know that human infants instinctively suckle? They instinctively cry when they need something - either food, comfort or human contact. They smile and laugh without anyone teaching them to do so.

That instinct comes from....you guessed it....the "junk" DNA you are referring to. Scientists only acknowledge what they can figure out and label. The rest - to these "interesting" people - is just junk. Until they finally figure it out and label it, of course.

The difference between a scientist and a priest is the smock he/she wears. Both suffer from the same myopic view of reality. Both careers depend on deference to obsolete wisdom.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

So basically, in order to make the 6 days "fit" you simply multiply it with a number you pick?

You didn't watch the video. Watch it and then come back with context to your statement.

Funny that the periods (days) mentioned in the clip aren't of the same length. So all they do is randomly claim time dilation is responsible...without providing the slightest bit of proof for that. How on earth does relativity prove god's existence? Who knows...they never provide any evidence to prove that in the first place

The movie is equal to me claiming "look, the sky is blue and the bible mentions blue skies...ergo god exists". It's complete and utter nonsense, just like those Gallups videos you posted. The videos that were debunked dozens of times

Again, watch the video and then consider how the golden ration works. It's a fibonacci sequence that shows up in ALL of nature. There are no areas of existence that do not show this stamp, including time. The law of inverse squares show us how this works as we approach a singularity. As well, simply look down a winding staircase. The same effect happens. Time dilation is the same by perspective. This is what Science suggests as the obvious answer. I am merely pointing it out to you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I won't ignore the adaptation. You are still only describing that to me. (To me), I see an isolated pocket of humans changing all kinds of physical attributes due to adaptation. Look at the Bushman of the Kalahari? Sorry if I get the terminology wrong. They can run at a full clip for 50 miles in 100 degree plus heat and live on a cup of water a day.

Thats adaptive. Some insects survive the introduction of a new pesticide and adapt to immunity overnight. They didn't evolve, they adapted.

And your right. The two can argue their respective points forever. I must say that I don't aspire to the biblical story of equation, that was written by your islanders. The truth of intergalactic terraforming Johnny Appleseed is much more wonderful and scientific in my mind.

Otherwise you have to say that life as it evolved from the slime stews of electrified mud holes is the only source of life in the whole universe. I cannot accept that. It smacks too much of Middle aged interpretation that has the world flat and everything in the cosmos revolving around it.

So I respect your opinion and believe there is some truth to it to a point. Maybe you can tell me where all life comes from and how it got here?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Short of G-d manifesting Himself before a collection of university professors, researchers, the AMA, your local militant atheists, and the View it will be impossible to disprove evolution.

Why?

Because evolution itself is a cop-out. "Oh look it's adaptation" is merely a different way of saying "WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE ALL THIS STUFF COMES FROM WE JUST KNOW IT'S NOT G-D!"

It's based purely on hindsight and confirmation bias.

No matter what findings are made in DNA, whether it's some remarkable nuance of codons or tRNA or miRNA or piRNA or whatever, the militant faithful that prescribe to evolution at all costs will simply say "Ah, yes, more proof of the genius, flexibility, and efficiency of evolution!"

It doesn't matter that the evolutionists are pretty much ALWAYS wrong about DNA, migration, speciation, behavior or anything else.

Evolution is nifty like that, it claims everything yet proves nothing...
edit on 2-10-2012 by Spooky1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
If a species was to adapt to say breathing nitrogen instead of just the amount of oxygen in the blood, then I'd say that was evolution.

And in the presence of oxygen, why would a species adapt to breathing nitrogen? What would be the advantage? Why would natural selection favor this?

p.s. most of the stuff you take into your lungs is... nitrogen.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesman462002
reply to post by DarknStormy

SO Exactly What Language Would This So Called WORD Be Written In.

BINARY ?

We only have a slight clue with DNA. Light also exhibits the same spiraling pattern with wave function. The difference with light is how our perception of the wave behaves. We see a slice at a time. This is because we view something that exists in total by one collapsed wave at a time. Now is all we see of time, just as wave function is seen as one dimensional. In reality, it is multidimensional. Collapsing wave function in physics is the process of taking indeterminate probability from the 5th dimension by slice and collapsing it into the fourth dimension of time as a choice made. The choice then changes the states of 3D matter in time. The WORD you speak of is the wave of physics. As yet, we cannot decode this helix of light. DNA is merely a material reflection of this language.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I didn't invent it.

I realize that.

Was just interpreting the "dumb" natives outlook. I would look pretty stupid to those same Islanders as they watch me try to make a canoe, a fishnet and feed myself with them. They could care less about my watch.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

You realize that random mutations in genetic code have allowed certain subgroups of different species accomplish many feats their cousins can't...

I call that "adaptation". There is plenty of fudge factor there.

The example of Sherpas changing their blood to oxygen ratio is a minor swing. If a species was to adapt to say breathing nitrogen instead of just the amount of oxygen in the blood, then I'd say that was evolution. So, where are any examples of nitrogen breathers today?

And don't say plants because that was designed to be symbiotic. Humans O2---> CO2. Plants CO2--->O2. Kind of random, huh?

Nitrogen is useful but not in the same way as oxygen, and only for certain organisms does it play the kind of role oxygen does.

See: Nitrogen Cycle

Specific bacteria (e.g., Rhizobium trifolium) possess nitrogenase enzymes that can fix atmospheric nitrogen (see nitrogen fixation) into a form (ammonium ion) that is chemically useful to higher organisms. This process requires a large amount of energy and anoxic conditions. Such bacteria may live freely in soil (e.g., Azotobacter) but normally exist in a symbiotic relationship in the root nodules of leguminous plants (e.g. clover, Trifolium, or soybean plant, Glycine max). Nitrogen-fixing bacteria are also symbiotic with a number of unrelated plant species such as alders (Alnus) spp., lichens, Casuarina, Myrica, liverworts, and Gunnera.[31]

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know why a species breathing nitrogen would convince you of evolution. All that needs to be done is that a species be cut off from another long enough for enough changes to happen, to the point they can't breed anymore and have become a new species.

Another poster pointed out in another thread this exact thing, with domestic sheep, I'll quote:

Originally posted by Daniem
reply to post by tinfoilman

A test has to observe one species evolving into another species during the lifetime of the test.

New species have been created by domesticated animal husbandry,

Domestic sheep were created by hybridisation, and no longer produce viable offspring with Ovis orientalis, one species from which they are descended. This is one event of macro evolution occuring, and other speciation events have been observed both in nature and labs.

The best-documented creations of new species in the laboratory were done with fruit flies. If you honestly want to read the evidence for this stuff, beacue you think science is a religion opposed to creation or whatever

Then go ahead and read it yourself: Experimental Evidence

Here is also a list if observed speciation events

edit on 2-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

If a species was to adapt to say breathing nitrogen instead of just the amount of oxygen in the blood, then I'd say that was evolution.

And in the presence of oxygen, why would a species adapt to breathing nitrogen? What would be the advantage? Why would natural selection favor this?

p.s. most of the stuff you take into your lungs is... nitrogen.

It doesn't. Nitrogen and oxygen are codependent. Apart from the soil (Earth), the breath of God would not be possible. We are baptized into four aspects of creation to reach the fifth. Earth, Air, Water and Fire. All are necessary for life. Bacteria in the soil allow for oxygen from hydrogen bonds.

This next quote is only somewhat related, but God gives these five baptisms:

Earth - We are planted into the Garden. We are not rooted in the soil like plants or in a fixed domain like fish. Instead, we can occupy all domains. This autonomy requires that we overcome these domains by hardships. The wilderness we occupy was provided to allow our growth by experience.

Air - We are given the Word of God as a guide to the wilderness. This word is also the language we learn and master. Meaning ultimately comes when we decipher the inner symbols of nature and overcome our ignorance and pride of the outer world. Meaning springs from the root, just like a plant.

Water - We are baptized into the Water (Immersion into Reality). The water cleanses the temple (body). The temple is where the sacrifice is made. This temple houses the spirit of God, along with our soul. We are to overcome as we are born again. "You must be born again." Plants die and the seed perpetuates to the next generation. Producing fruit ensures seed for the next crop.

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Fire - We are finally baptized by Trials. The Flaming Sword of God cuts away pride and protects the tree of life. The tree of life is DNA. We light the fire we burn by. We can also put out the fire with the water.

Spirit - After overcoming the first four baptisms, we are then baptized by the Spirit of God. Jesus is necessary for us to be marked by the spirit for salvation from the Fire. The water and blood of Christ brings salvation from the corruption of the elements.

Check the link in my signature.

link   

Otherwise you have to say that life as it evolved from the slime stews of electrified mud holes is the only source of life in the whole universe. I cannot accept that. It smacks too much of Middle aged interpretation that has the world flat and everything in the cosmos revolving around it.

So I respect your opinion and believe there is some truth to it to a point. Maybe you can tell me where all life comes from and how it got here?

My focus isn't on how life on this planet evolved. My focus is on how physical existence emerged, and how it progressively developed into sentient life. My overview concerning where/how life emerged involves the existential imperatives that pulled it into existence, and the non-physical qualifiers that caused the forward progression to become the kind of physical expression that we know it to be. The thing is that my focus is not on this planet or even this universe. It's on the larger contextual environment (or reality confine) that contains this universe, and however many other universes there are that also exist within it.

Basically, I can tell you how everything began, but the tiny specifics of one universe as opposed to another is not something that I've devoted any interest to. I'm more of a big picture thinker. That said, to deal with this stuff,you do learn a lot about the kind of stuff that has you reeling here - what's impossible, implausible, possible, plausible and likely - and how to short cut that determination. I do know that an all-powerful, infinitely existent, conscious intelligence doesn't exist, and that its existence would make the rest of physical existence completely based on nothing of any solid structure whatsoever - which is obviously not the case. So, in essence, this debate comes down to the plausible existence of a God-thingy that either "spoke" all of this into physical manifestation or not. No such thingy exists, so no...it didn't "speak" anything into existence.

The rest is crap that we haven't figured out yet. It's not magic, though, just because we haven't nailed it down yet.

edit on 10/2/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You didn't watch the video. Watch it and then come back with context to your statement.

Funny that the periods (days) mentioned in the clip aren't of the same length. So all they do is randomly claim time dilation is responsible...without providing the slightest bit of proof for that. How on earth does relativity prove god's existence? Who knows...they never provide any evidence to prove that in the first place

The movie is equal to me claiming "look, the sky is blue and the bible mentions blue skies...ergo god exists". It's complete and utter nonsense, just like those Gallups videos you posted. The videos that were debunked dozens of times

Again, watch the video and then consider how the golden ration works. It's a fibonacci sequence that shows up in ALL of nature. There are no areas of existence that do not show this stamp, including time. The law of inverse squares show us how this works as we approach a singularity. As well, simply look down a winding staircase. The same effect happens. Time dilation is the same by perspective. This is what Science suggests as the obvious answer. I am merely pointing it out to you.

Yes...and you are using the typical "argument from complexity" by claiming that's proof of god. It's an often used argumentative fallacy that's complete and utter nonsense, just like the Gallups videos you posted. Google it

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Never say evolution is dead followed with a qoute from the Bible.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky1

Evolution is nifty like that, it claims everything yet proves nothing...

Except...it does...because it's a FACT. Not only that, we are also actively using the theory in modern medicine, and if it were wrong, we would have a lot of the medicine we have today.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

1. Misleading title.

2. Obvious religious bias in opening post.

Nice try though.

Creationism is the stuff of fairy tales.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by apushforenlightment

As well, collapsing wave function and entropy in information theory also connect. Light is a trinity. Consult the link to my theory of existence in the signature link below.

edit on 2-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Matthew 19:21

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

The Mark of the Beast is Selfishness. Carbon produces the technology, goods and services to feed the Beast. That beast is you and me. A beast is the archetype of selfishness and uncontrolled desire and greed. The hands grab for more and the mind and eyes cannot get enough. The mark is in your hands and your forehead.

I would say mark of the beast is ego mind beliving in duality ideas where you beliving something makes it correct just becuse it is your mind thinking it. Selfishness/ego parasitic behaviour and false pride gets included in this. I do not get the forhead being part of the mark. Does it mean that the mark(small minded ego) is blocking the third eye chakra? That would make sense.

The Fruit of Knowledge was taken as a Thief. You ate the fruit of duality and became separated from everything/ONE/god and created ego and small mind and became totaly disconnected from god.

The Godhead as seen in the Trinity of Light
God is Light and Father (Prima Materia)
Jesus is Son or Word (Wave / Information)
Holy Spirit is Consciousness

Everything/ONE/God is the whole. Jesus is the part that was separated from the whole until he had a amagydala fear overload at a specified time. Holy spirit is the connection between God and Jesus bringing Christ conciousness (total egoloss and opening of third eye) and the oneness bliss that is achived thru total opened crown chakra.

Above are from my point of view from the information I have and only theories since I do not have the real facts on what happened.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It doesn't. Nitrogen and oxygen are codependent.

Yet funny enough we find nitrogen in places where there's no oxygen...which makes it abundantly clear that they aren't co-dependent.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Please save your bible quotes for a religious forum.

This is ATS. Deny Religious Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The Word

IS
THE

Alphabet
en.wikipedia.org...

AND!!!!!!!!!

THIS !!!

Numbers
en.wikipedia.org...

Creation Does Exist !!

God is the Person Behind Curtain ahh I Mean Words&Numbers

DNA nitrogenous bases (guanine, adenine, thymine, and cytosine).

Nitrogenous base
en.wikipedia.org...

and you you look around that Scientist cand play around DNA to make Words

OR

Reprogram them!!

Scientists Prove DNA Can Be Reprogrammed by Words and Frequencies
By Grazyna Fosar and Franz Bludorf

wakeup-world.com...

Ive seen a Video that Scientist can Us DNA and Litertletly use it to make Words Also and Smilely Faces Shapes

Speaking of Shapes

Using DNA To Shape Nanostructures

www.npr.org...

WE are The Gods Now

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Here is a link to ENCODE Project where the information can be found: ENCODE PROJECT

Link to Papers / Journal of Nature

A Creator is becoming impossible to deny. As John 1 states, we are created with WORD.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

edit on 1-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”

Ask your god why then, does the human body fail? Why do we break, get cancer, disease, grow old, weak, senile, and die?

So much for your god and his creation. Doesn't even last 100 years most of the time. I'd get a refund.

Just because YOU can't think of a good enough reason for the existence of cancer, disease, old age, weakness, death, etc,. doesn't mean there isn't one.

Regards,

FTE

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join