It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Now Dead. 30 Papers Suggest DNA is Encoded Intelligently

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Just because YOU can't think of a good enough reason for the existence of cancer, disease, old age, weakness, death, etc,. doesn't mean there isn't one.

Regards,

FTE

There is, it's called mutations...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I hope people realise that we are discussing a subject that is based on a total clown (Carl Gallups) who uses misinformation, blatant lies, and pseudo-science. And the OP doesn't even acknowledge what a clown that man is

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by followtheevidence

Just because YOU can't think of a good enough reason for the existence of cancer, disease, old age, weakness, death, etc,. doesn't mean there isn't one.

Regards,

FTE

There is, it's called mutations...

I didn't say mechanism for existence, I said reason for existence. Not how, why.

Regards,

FTE

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I sometimes wonder about this place.

It's become the playground of right-wing religious fundamentalists that like to whine whenever anyone questions them.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Look at the Bushman of the Kalahari? Sorry if I get the terminology wrong. They can run at a full clip for 50 miles in 100 degree plus heat and live on a cup of water a day.

Thats adaptive. Some insects survive the introduction of a new pesticide and adapt to immunity overnight. They didn't evolve, they adapted.

Adaptation happens through natural selection.

I'm not familiar with the Bushman of the Kalahari, but I mentioned the Sherpas earlier, who have developed ways of living in high altitudes through natural selection. Which makes them much different than the rest of us. Keep going down this road without reproductive barriers and eventually a new species will form.

As for your bugs, "overnight" is a bit of a stretch depending on their breeding cycle:

The dismal science of resistance
How do insects become resistant to insecticides? Courtesy of Evolution 101. If the pesticide (either synthetic or plant-made) kills almost all the bugs, only those insects with a gene that makes a chemical that somehow evades or destroys the pesticide will survive.

whyfiles.org...

Of course, bacteria have the ability to do this for sure, as they can reproduce so fast that after being exposed to a chemical killing 99.9 percent of them, the .1 percent left that is resistant could be swimming in the toxic agent shortly after:

Under optimal conditions, bacteria can grow and divide extremely rapidly, and bacterial populations can double as quickly as every 9.8 minutes.[104]
\

Seems like you're making a case for evolution though...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesman462002
reply to post by DarknStormy

SO Exactly What Language Would This So Called WORD Be Written In.

BINARY ?

My best guess is the vibrational sound of Ong/Om on such a scale that big bang happened. The language does not matter and the meaning does not matter. The frequancy is all that matter. But this is only a theory bassed on different religious sources

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by MrXYZ

I sometimes wonder about this place.

It's become the playground of right-wing religious fundamentalists that like to whine whenever anyone questions them.

It used to bother me...until I looked at statistics and realised year after year their numbers are decreasing. And not only that, the trend has been accelerating over the past 10 years ever since the Internet allows people to easily research things.

So in the past if someone claimed a global flood really happened, all you could do was physically visit a library and dig up studies at universities...which clearly not everyone could or wanted to do. Nowadays you can simply go online and with just 30min of research even a child can figure out that the whole global flood claim is complete and utter nonsense and physically impossible.

Welcome to the 21st century

A few centuries ago they said the earth is flat...and they were proven wrong.

Later they claimed the earth is still the centre of the universe...and once again, they were proven wrong.

They also believed in the literal interpretation of genesis...and guess what, they were of course proven wrong.

What do they do every time they're proven wrong (and so far none of their claims have been proven right)? They simply move the goal post.

Global floods, plagues, storms, comets, fire, the sun...all were attributed to god at one point. And EVERY SINGLE TIME they were proven wrong. So it's only normal that every time they move the goal post it becomes sillier and sillier. Luckily we live in the information age, and it's only a matter of time until it becomes really hard for them to dumb down the population.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Sorry, EWR, the evidence just isn't there. Let's go off the chart and say, "Yes, evolution is crap and our DNA was definitely designed by an intelligent being."

Without a signature from a god in the DNA, the leap from designed DNA to a god is simply...?...unscientific is the best word I can come up with.

If DNA is intelligently designed, it could have been aliens from another world. Our universe could be floating in a petri dish in a laboratory and created by a scientist. Our universe could be a tiny part (like the cells in our bodies) of another living thing.

If life didn't get it's start here on earth, then who knows how life began? It could have started with totally foreign chemicals that, when landing on earth (via a meteorite), used the chemicals on this planet to adapt.

Hey, I'm not even saying that a god DIDN'T create our DNA. I'm just saying that this leap from DNA to a god is too soon. It's like asking a child brought up in the city, "Where does water come from?" The child could very easily answer, "A fire hydrant." This may seem very logical to the child, but the connection just isn't there for those of us who've traveled out of the city.
edit on 10/2/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It's a typical "god of the gaps" argument where people fill gaps in knowledge with magic (aka god). Always the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again...99% of threads like that are the exact same paraphrased nonsense argument.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Evolution is dead? Ha. Could you please point me to the conclusion of the paper cited that claims DNA was designed or that evolution is wrong? So far I can't find it.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by jiggerj

It's a typical "god of the gaps" argument where people fill gaps in knowledge with magic (aka god). Always the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again...99% of threads like that are the exact same paraphrased nonsense argument.

I don't even mind if people think a god is behind everything. I just wish they would first take the steps needed to reach that conclusion.

Imagine a math teacher saying to his class,
Teacher: How much is 5 plus -
Student [sure of the answer, yells] THIRTY-SEVEN!
Teacher: Wait until I finish. How much is 5 plus 3 minus
Student: THIRTY-SEVEN!

lol

I have to admit that, right now, the information in our DNA sure looks intelligently designed, but the next steps would be to ask what kind of intelligence? Alien, scientist from another dimension, and we can't even discount that we might be a video game. Or even a god. But, the evidence for ANY of these possibilities just isn't there yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by morsomnibustyrannus

There has to be a point in a child/children's life's when a parent has to let go and let that child live there life, bad & good.

If you get what you want every time you "ask" or "pray" what do you learn?? You become dependent on your parent, you must make your mistakes and learn, if god answerd every request and granted every prayer what's the point ?

Just my long standing belive

Cheers Ste

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It was. It was called random radiation bombardment, which caused mutations in microscopic cells to form mankind ... over billions of years.

Just lucky our sexual genitals aren't in our ears, oh wait; our bodies intelligently transform ... randomly.

Science = Radiation = Magick

----

How did the Microscopic cells pop into existence? Radiation + Quantum Physics = Magick. This is your Science lesson for today.
edit on 2-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Was waiting for the banana to be brought up, since the Xtians seem to love that example.

But here goes anyway.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
God does not exsist except for in the minds of man. If there is a higher power I doubt he would care much for a species of homicidal monkeys. To those who wish to belive in books like the bible I hope that one day you realise they were written for some one elses agenda as a form of controll much like mormonisms John Smith. So please stop plugging your ears while screaming at the rest of us that your quasi proof out ways our logic and observations. In short pics or it didnt happen

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Thank you for that exciting ride on a path I had no knowledge of.
You opened a new door for me.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
All right, DNA has always seemed like something that was coded intelligently to me. Let us assume that argument is correct. It does not necessarily follow that God was the one who encoded our DNA.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
We are not created with words or numbers.

Words are merely sounds that the body creates as the body ingests oxygen and other gases that cause the vocal cords to vibrate at a certain velocity that then disturb the air around the mouth thus forming the word.

Words are merely an attempt to bind a sound with a meaning or object.

Numbers are a quantative value used to equate an amount or distance.

Thought was first, then came the scientific process of attenuating ones vocal cords to create sounds and words.

Thus proving that science is the pre-lobe of thought and intelligence that without being able to learn and develop such intelligences through evolution or teaching the next generation what one has learned humanity would be nothing more than monkies.

Humans are not born with the ability to speak or think both of which are learned traits and not consistent with a knowledge base of words and information stored within the DNA of each human.

Otherwise we would be born be able to speak as well as having the ability to effectively remember our past through accessing the words that are stored in human DNA.

Every creationist says that someone had to have created us.

Who created that which created the which created that which created that which created us?

Does not each Created clause invoke the notion of infinity and that the universe is infinite?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

If you are gaining your information from 2010. In 2012, we know of older galaxies. Either way, it's old. 6 days is not just what the Bible says, but matches the transitional states science states as the six stages of our planet.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by NorEaster

There is missing information in your watch story. The person that found the watch had an ancient book that stated that the watch would show up on the shore around the time he found it. Further, the book stated how the watch worked and who made it. The islander's were able to verify this by taking the watch apart and seeing that the ancient book stated the case correctly. Not only this, the reason the watch was left there was so they would look back to the writer of the book.

Did you mean to leave this part out?

I'm sorry, but you can't simply invent your own version of their story. This isn't a bible story that you can edit and screw with. The island inhabitants made their determination, and your foolishness in this specific matter has no impact whatsoever. No book exists. The wise tribal leaders KNOW what that watch is all about, and you have nothing to add to it.

Too often, you fundies come across as desperate, and that really hurts your capacity to "spread the word". Seriously. This is some pathetic stuff you're pushing here, and it's hard to take your ideology seriously when you devolve into cartoonish blather. If I were Jesus, I'd do something about this sort of pseudo-technical mockery.
edit on 10/2/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

If its a metaphor of creation and what we notice as design, then the watch must also have a book that accompanies it. I am only pointing out the missing element in your metaphor. The only way we can conceptualize this accurately as a comparison is to add the missing part of the story.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join