It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Now Dead. 30 Papers Suggest DNA is Encoded Intelligently

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

As well, collapsing wave function and entropy in information theory also connect. Light is a trinity. Consult the link to my theory of existence in the signature link below.

edit on 2-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Even if evolution was disproved tomorrow, that still doesn't change the fact that there are skeletons of different forms of humans. So if God is so perfect and know everything, why would he need to experiment with different forms of humans? Unless God didn't create humans and something else did.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Even if evolution was disproved tomorrow, that still doesn't change the fact that there are skeletons of different forms of humans. So if God is so perfect and know everything, why would he need to experiment with different forms of humans? Unless God didn't create humans and something else did.

Let me quote Stephen Colbert to answer this questions: "F*** logic!!"

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

If you consider time dilation, you know why 6 days of creation fits into the golden spiral of PHI. 6 days is 15 billion years. All of it stated from God's perspective, not man's perspective. God is a Creator and creation is in states until day 6 when God finally said, it is good.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So basically, in order to make the 6 days "fit" you simply multiply it with a number you pick?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There's an apocryphal story that has been going around for decades about a South Seas island native who stumbles across a digital watch (dropped by a research team member at some point, far off in a remote area of the island), and he takes it back to study it. The little things that are moving around on the face of it are obviously alive (in his perception) and move of their own volition. He has no concept of modern Western time delineation patterns or about the 24 hours that structured each day of the original owner of the watch, but after studying the watch for a while, he begins to see a repeating pattern emerge. This suggests that the new thing he's found is intelligent. After all, the most capable and wise of men in his tribe are also men of dependable response to the world around them. This little whatever-it-is is also responding in a dependable manner. This is very exciting stuff.

He begins to devote himself to analyzing and ultimately mapping out the little thing's entire range of activities, as revealed by the constantly morphing patterns and designs that repeat on its face plate again and again. And it's then that he realizes that the patterns are clearly aligned with the movement of the sun and moon in the sky. This throws his entire effort into chaos, since sacred concerns are none of his business - being a simple runner-hunter as he is. So he takes the tiny creature to the tribe's leadership council and shows them what he's realized about its frightening impact on the entire world around them.

As expected, the council declares that the watch is indeed sacred, lost on the earth by some foolish god, and that it controls the movements of the sun and moon. Therefore, the tribe member who found it is executed to prevent the rest of humanity from ever knowing about this discovery, and they dutifully hide it deep within a curse-protected cave so that the world will keep on functioning as it has to that point.

As to how that little story relates to this thread topic, scientific ignorance concerning the entire DNA information suite doesn't allow anyone free rein concerning the origin of DNA as a material structural dictate. Like the digital watch in that story, there is a truth associated with DNA and how it presents a basic outline for each corporeal manifestation that possesses it. And just like that digital watch, empirical evidence isn't proof of what that evidence may seem to suggest. It may very well be that a lot more information is required before any determination can be made.

Then again, it's not that it matters if you go off half-cocked. Hell, there are people out there that think that when they look away from the moon, it ceases to exist. It's hard to outdo that kind of delusional thinking.
edit on 10/2/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

So basically, in order to make the 6 days "fit" you simply multiply it with a number you pick?

You didn't watch the video. Watch it and then come back with context to your statement.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

There is missing information in your watch story. The person that found the watch had an ancient book that stated that the watch would show up on the shore around the time he found it. Further, the book stated how the watch worked and who made it. The islander's were able to verify this by taking the watch apart and seeing that the ancient book stated the case correctly. Not only this, the reason the watch was left there was so they would look back to the writer of the book and see that his story of being the Creator was true.

Did you mean to leave this part out?

edit on 2-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

You didn't watch the video. Watch it and then come back with context to your statement.

Funny that the periods (days) mentioned in the clip aren't of the same length. So all they do is randomly claim time dilation is responsible...without providing the slightest bit of proof for that. How on earth does relativity prove god's existence? Who knows...they never provide any evidence to prove that in the first place

The movie is equal to me claiming "look, the sky is blue and the bible mentions blue skies...ergo god exists". It's complete and utter nonsense, just like those Gallups videos you posted. The videos that were debunked dozens of times

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If you consider time dilation, you know why 6 days of creation fits into the golden spiral of PHI. 6 days is 15 billion years. All of it stated from God's perspective, not man's perspective. God is a Creator and creation is in states until day 6 when God finally said, it is good.

But the age of the Universe is 13.7 (+/- 0.1), not 15 billion years. Where is your God now?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

But the age of the Universe is 13.7 (+/- 0.1), not 15 billion years. Where is your God now?

Time is relative, so no matter how long it took, the bible is always correct. If for some reason scientists discover it's really 13.9b years, the goal post is simply moved and you can multiply it with some other random figure to make it fit

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

There is missing information in your watch story. The person that found the watch had an ancient book that stated that the watch would show up on the shore around the time he found it. Further, the book stated how the watch worked and who made it. The islander's were able to verify this by taking the watch apart and seeing that the ancient book stated the case correctly. Not only this, the reason the watch was left there was so they would look back to the writer of the book.

Did you mean to leave this part out?

I'm sorry, but you can't simply invent your own version of their story. This isn't a bible story that you can edit and screw with. The island inhabitants made their determination, and your foolishness in this specific matter has no impact whatsoever. No book exists. The wise tribal leaders KNOW what that watch is all about, and you have nothing to add to it.

Too often, you fundies come across as desperate, and that really hurts your capacity to "spread the word". Seriously. This is some pathetic stuff you're pushing here, and it's hard to take your ideology seriously when you devolve into cartoonish blather. If I were Jesus, I'd do something about this sort of pseudo-technical mockery.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You realize that random mutations in genetic code have allowed certain subgroups of different species accomplish many feats their cousins can't...

I call that "adaptation". There is plenty of fudge factor there.

The example of Sherpas changing their blood to oxygen ratio is a minor swing. If a species was to adapt to say breathing nitrogen instead of just the amount of oxygen in the blood, then I'd say that was evolution. So, where are any examples of nitrogen breathers today?

And don't say plants because that was designed to be symbiotic. Humans O2---> CO2. Plants CO2--->O2. Kind of random, huh?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think the theory of evolution is incorrect. That does not mean a guy on a cloud made us either....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by apushforenlightment

Now what is possible is that things like believing in Chakras allows people to "let loose" and to calm down...and that obviously has a good effect. It doesn't mean Chakras are real, all it means is that it allows SOME people to calm down.

I meditate 20min every day because I have a stressful day job and day trade the forex market on the side...and that's stressful. And meditation helps me to calm down. But it works because I allow it to work, not because of some spiritual mambojumbo that has no bearing in reality...and I am aware of that.

Homoeopathy can work because of positive reinforcement. If you absolutely believe it works, that positive attitude can have a positive effect...but it isn't because of some herbal drops

When it comes to chakras there are the people who really have experianced the physical differences and how a body really feels when it is alive to a higher degree. The human brain/mind/ego is not something I am very impressed with. But the human bodies scensory perception almost overloading the brain in bliss when you are meditating, that is a marvelous biological achivment that god have created probably thru evolution (with a lot off tampering).

Yes positive reinforcement is very useful. Just like the placebo effect. One day scientist/mystics/seekers will give an understanding of synchronicity to the public and those effects will be explained why they really work so that you can use them more efficiantly. God works in mysterious ways according to some. I do not agree. It uses synchronicity. Hidden order in the percived chaos. Just like the slit experiment. God is playing hide and seek faking reality. God is the greatest illusionist ever but it will reveal some of it's tricks to those who seek deep enought with a childish curiosity and a opened mind to even the most unimaginable things being real.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by boncho

You realize that random mutations in genetic code have allowed certain subgroups of different species accomplish many feats their cousins can't...

I call that "adaptation". There is plenty of fudge factor there.

The example of Sherpas changing their blood to oxygen ratio is a minor swing. If a species was to adapt to say breathing nitrogen instead of just the amount of oxygen in the blood, then I'd say that was evolution. So, where are any examples of nitrogen breathers today?

And don't say plants because that was designed to be symbiotic. Humans O2---> CO2. Plants CO2--->O2. Kind of random, huh?

Evolution is adaptation. There are no nitrogen breathers because there's no need to adapt as a nitrogen breather. All evolutionary development is pulled ahead by requirement - not pushed forward by opportunity. And it all happens slowly.

One very clear human evolutionary indication is the O, A, B, A/B blood types that exist within the human race. The blood type isn't the only difference between these versions of humanity, but it is the one distinction that is most readily apparent when testing is required. The truth is that the nervous system has unique alterations, the basic brain mapping structure is different between the blood type groups and what the digestion system processes as optimum nutrition is very different between the blood type groups. In fact, it was the need for the digestion system to successfully respond to differing food types that caused the progression from A to B blood types. It was the emergence of the city state that caused the A blood type to emerge, with the hunter-gatherer nervous system and brain mapping increasingly inappropriate within the close confines and greatly altered definition of "fight or flight" within an increasingly civilized community structure. Hell, the A/B blood type is only 2,000 years old within the human race. We're still evolving as a species.

A Type blood is lethal for an O Blood Type person. That's pretty significant, and obvious evidence of a profound evolutionary adaptation that has occurred within just our own human race. You can dismiss this, but that won't make it go away.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Good story, but I think you credit the "less than civilized" Islander with more than a passing interest. His day is filled with practical concerns, like making canoes, fishnets and gathering food. He might think the watch an interesting seashell but really if he took the time to "figure it out, he would starve. He would weaken and his skills would diminish and his fellow tribesman would think him "off the mark" for spending so much time frivolously.

In the end they would mount it on their altar and ignore it or simply throw it back to the ocean from whence it came.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Good story, but I think you credit the "less than civilized" Islander with more than a passing interest. His day is filled with practical concerns, like making canoes, fishnets and gathering food. He might think the watch an interesting seashell but really if he took the time to "figure it out, he would starve. He would weaken and his skills would diminish and his fellow tribesman would think him "off the mark" for spending so much time frivolously.

In the end they would mount it on their altar and ignore it or simply throw it back to the ocean from whence it came.

um....it's a story that modern philosophers have tossed about for some years now. I didn't invent it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I am a fundamental agnostic but I totally understand the significance of this finding. Taking out God/Bible which always clouds issues - evolution in simplest terms would suggest a great deal of junk DNA. I was one of the undergraduate biochemists in the 80s brought up on the fact that the majority of DNA was junk. If a recombination of DNA gave you an advantage over your rivals then it did not matter if it carried DNA detail that was neutral or pointless as you would still have the advantage.

Looking at the article though, my guess is that there are two layers of evolution at play here. Initially the useful gene will come in and make the advantage with the neutral genes attached. Then there will be further evolution (fine tuning) for the neutral genes to become some sort of regulator genes.

A whole new evolution theory - first published on ATS!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

SO Exactly What Language Would This So Called WORD Be Written In.

BINARY ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join