It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gguyx

We really have to consider the most likely solutions first.

Yes, its a gull. With a "genetic defect" that gives it a blue color, and shiny iridescent feathers on its wings that reflect sunlight, and weird wings that are incredibly "humped" when it flies.

Sorry, but the bird explanation just doesn't fit IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Speaking for any unknown ship people here and getting away from the
its a bird contingent for a minuet there might be a triangle ship presence here.

I know the bowl shaped ship has been around and we can find old photos
of it but do we see anything past a flame or corona. There was a dome
shape that seems to be missing a part now.

Like the paw print of a cat the three black dot and one central dot, no
matter how distorted, is the print of the triangle.

That angled craft in all the corona would easily cause the missing upper
right of the image.

Ship people one for a triangle appearance.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Where is the balloon at this wide shot taken 30 seconds before the UO?

Unknown. Below the cliff. Behind the outcropping. Behind the mountain.

Where is the balloon/bag/bird, etc 5 seconds before the UO?

Behind the outcropping most likely. The wind was rather brisk as we know.

But if you go down that road... where's the object? Would you have us believe similarly that some object of fantastic origin with incredible propulsion zoomed in from nowhere to come to a complete stop some 50 feet away from the photography with such complete silence that no one noticed?

Plausibility must factor into unexplained event research. It's more plausible to suspect a mundane and forgettable event such as a balloon or bird happened to wander in front of the scene, rather than something that requires difficult explanations and a very memorable result.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Unless it's a bird wearing a mylar sweater, it's not a bird.

In my opinion.

I never thought of that. It might be "Superbird" wearing shiny blue tights!!!!

(Remember that there was Superman, Supergirl and their Superdog?, why NOT a Superbird!)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Where is the balloon at this wide shot taken 30 seconds before the UO?

Unknown. Below the cliff. Behind the outcropping. Behind the mountain.

Where is the balloon/bag/bird, etc 5 seconds before the UO?

Behind the outcropping most likely. The wind was rather brisk as we know.

But if you go down that road... where's the object? Would you have us believe similarly that some object of fantastic origin with incredible propulsion zoomed in from nowhere to come to a complete stop some 50 feet away from the photography with such complete silence that no one noticed?

Plausibility must factor into unexplained event research. It's more plausible to suspect a mundane and forgettable event such as a balloon or bird happened to wander in front of the scene, rather than something that requires difficult explanations and a very memorable result.

Thats because the spaceship was actually invisible the whole time. It just "projected" its image into the camera because thats the way these guys are, very, very sneaky.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If indeed your contention is that it's a balloon/bag/bird, then it would be in front of the mound. Otherwise you have a size problem. So where is any hint of that?

If this is your answer, then we're talking about a bag/bird/balloon, in the most mind blowing trajectory and speed ever seen in bag/bird/or deflated mylar balloon flight in a remote area.

Flew up from the cliff, carried on an updraft, then back down.

But as long as we're looking at the other photos, where in the other photos is the big solid flying saucer with the big dome? Where does it come from and where does it go in the length of time between photos? Why doesn't the witness spot something as unusual as that?

Okay, you've convinced me. It's a hoax. The "saucer" is simply too well framed by the other components of that one photo to be accidental.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I’ll say this again as I said in a few other places, you only need one reason to not believe in the gods people describe to you…guess what it is? it’s not the evil in the world, it’s not the contradictions in the religious texts, it’s not the hypocrites of the many believers, it’s the idea people subscribe super magical qualities to these gods like the omni-all type traits……I’ll say it again, supernatural is just magic dressed up to be something different…both are the same, and I only seen a few call believing in god no different then believing in magic, AronRa is one of the few who say it as it should be said. they say the universe can’t come from nothing or can’t have always existed, but they then at the same time say an all-powerful prefect all knowing perfectly just holy eternal being always existed and basically made it all out of nothing using his super magic powers…..that explains much…yeah…..in least they are saying these gods or a god used per-existing materials and used them in a lab or something and created it all…that would destroy most gods. it must of sucked to be a god at one point since there existed nothing at one time besides him…..so was god floating around in the void……is that still something……what is nothingness?

God the way he or she or it is described by most of everyone is a direct opposition to science…..do not say otherwise, because this god could throw are science out the window and make Spongebob real by saying it…this is the heart of what highly intelligent people believe in the end. the earth does not need to be a certain distance with an all-powerful god, or life has to be certain way to exist, a mighty god could make the earth a billion light years away from a star and we could still exist…science deals with learning how things work and so on, and the religions and magical gods deal with stuff that makes no god forsaking sense…I’m vastly insulting that I live in a world filled with this crap and I’m the odd one to them, and…..AKA……people can’t hate beings that they do not believe exist.

Just like the god-like-production place....this place is also full of crazy ideas and I cannot completely deny some them might not be true in the future, but I have sense a pity for people who are constantly looking for doom and disaster.......I pity them indeed. mans needs an enlightenment...... it will NOT come from magical-supernatural stuff that does NOT exist but real enlightenment to bring harmony and peace to the world and more, but regardless of that, I'll keep my eyes open. I been on this forum before lots of times in the past and haven't been on it for over 3 years.....enjoy your life and stop looking doom all the times. the world has faced so much worse disasters that this generation cannot even comprehend it and I do NOT care if this post gets deleted either.

Over and Out!

John.

PS- Yes, I pity people who believe in the supernatural because it explains nothing........these are the same people who use science daily and rely on other people for help, the magic gods DO NOT exist......but maybe we are not alone in the universe. I'll post this here as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnX1111
I’ll say this again as I said in a few other places, you only need one reason to not believe in the gods people describe to you…guess what it is? it’s not the evil in the world, it’s not the contradictions in the religious texts, it’s not the hypocrites of the many believers, it’s the idea people subscribe super magical qualities to these gods like the omni-all type traits……I’ll say it again, supernatural is just magic dressed up to be something different…both are the same, and I only seen a few call believing in god no different then believing in magic, AronRa is one of the few who say it as it should be said. they say the universe can’t come from nothing or can’t have always existed, but they then at the same time say an all-powerful prefect all knowing perfectly just holy eternal being always existed and basically made it all out of nothing using his super magic powers…..that explains much…yeah…..in least they are saying these gods or a god used per-existing materials and used them in a lab or something and created it all…that would destroy most gods. it must of sucked to be a god at one point since there existed nothing at one time besides him…..so was god floating around in the void……is that still something……what is nothingness?

God the way he or she or it is described by most of everyone is a direct opposition to science…..do not say otherwise, because this god could throw are science out the window and make Spongebob real by saying it…this is the heart of what highly intelligent people believe in the end. the earth does not need to be a certain distance with an all-powerful god, or life has to be certain way to exist, a mighty god could make the earth a billion light years away from a star and we could still exist…science deals with learning how things work and so on, and the religions and magical gods deal with stuff that makes no god forsaking sense…I’m vastly insulting that I live in a world filled with this crap and I’m the odd one to them, and…..AKA……people can’t hate beings that they do not believe exist.

Just like the god-like-production place....this place is also full of crazy ideas and I cannot completely deny some them might not be true in the future, but I have sense a pity for people who are constantly looking for doom and disaster.......I pity them indeed. mans needs an enlightenment...... it will NOT come from magical-supernatural stuff that does NOT exist but real enlightenment to bring harmony and peace to the world and more, but regardless of that, I'll keep my eyes open. I been on this forum before lots of times in the past and haven't been on it for over 3 years.....enjoy your life and stop looking doom all the times. the world has faced so much worse disasters that this generation cannot even comprehend it and I do NOT care if this post gets deleted either.

Over and Out!

John.

PS- Yes, I pity people who believe in the supernatural because it explains nothing........these are the same people who use science daily and rely on other people for help, the magic gods DO NOT exist......but maybe we are not alone in the universe. I'll post this here as well.

Nice rant. Thank you for feeling sorry for us. I read it and belched.

Anyway, I believe that we all here have debunked the heck out of the photo within this thread and it's pretty safe to say that this NOT a ufo. So when do we move this to the hoax forum?
edit on 3-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It is not outside the realm of belief for a digital camera with extensive internal processing to change the color of an unimportant out of focus element to match the surrounding area. It doesn't need to be a blue mylar balloon to appear reflective or blue and in fact this particular camera does indeed over saturate on blues in certain circumstances.

It is NOT a crappy camera as many have stated and is in fact the EXACT type of camera I would expect a pro to bring on holiday.

Please see in depth information on the camera from the most trusted and comprehensive digital photography review site I know of. : www.dpreview.com...

White and grey in a blue field (sky) over blue water could easily be misinterpreted by the internal processing to show the colors we see here.

This is definitely not an unnatural pose for a gull in flight especially if we consider that it is not a perfect side shot.

My sketch is not just a drawing over a blob as so many seem to think. I am merely highlighting what is already there.

in five seconds the bird could have easily entered the frame, that is why it is not in the previous shot.

The dome is not complete but the right side of the arc is implied and fits the gull silhouette.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

also, gull's wings are pointed at the end - not square
edit on 3-10-2012 by aynock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The same UFO was at 911

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Okay, here you go. Here's a faux 3-D cross-eye stereo pair made from two of the consecutive photos taken at the scene. Load it into a new window and play with it. It's interesting. Cross your eyes. Line up the island in the distance. Then the ocean. The big rock. The rocks along the side of the road. (Don't try to line up the goat. It's not the same goat!)

Practice with it. Get a little skilled at it, and you can even see the lady and the interior of her car in 3-D, even though she moved a bit between photos.

Anyway, get a feel for how big things are and how they look close and far away. Even though there is not another image of the UFO to line up, you can kind of get an idea about just how big it is, and how far away it is. It's a little difficult, because the UFO is colored blue. It's not just a reflection of the water and/or sky.

I know what I think. What do you think? Assuming it's not just a cut and paste job, how big and far away do you think it is?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

That might be a linear or tube UFO due to only two dark areas.
However at each side of the triangle ship UFO, we might see only two dark areas.
This Crete ship is angled to see any activation from all areas at the ship bottom.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
since nobody mentioned this...
the second image posted

haves this notes:

first:

second

the second note could it be the UO and the first a similar to the one captured (it's better to zoom in the original pic)
thought to bring this to attention. thanks.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You keep claiming that the top of the thing is a solid arc, when it is clearly not. See my post here: www.abovetopsecret.com... There is no reflection, we are seeing the sky behind the object, not in front, to the side, or through a transparent surface.

There is nothing in that space in the upper right, apart from wishful thinking -- this is not a symmetrical object.

This thread has made me chuckle, but most of all is the claim the plastic bag that blew up from the cliff is a 'Symmetrical Dome'

Perhaps on the Planet the object mystically appeared from, that shape is considered a symmetrical dome. But not on planet earth.

edit on 3-10-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by diesel_actual

it has to be at least 1 km offshore

it is quite large

It is about 10 centimeters from the camera and only a few millimeters in size and about to enter the car window.
The camera has auto focused on objects further out like the side view mirror and the goats, this makes objects extremely close look out of focus. Notice the bottom weather stripping on the door where the window opens and closes... follow the line it gets more out of focus as it gets nearer to the camera.

Still the same Goat Sweat today despite the size of this thread.

If only that droplet had hit her on the cheek so she would have remembered it, we would not be discussing this today.
edit on 3-10-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It could be possible dried-up goat slobber on the side view mirror. As for the "UO"... I like the term --- For whose to say that the perported object is really flying?
edit on 3-10-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by diesel_actual

it has to be at least 1 km offshore

it is quite large

It is about 10 centimeters from the camera and only a few millimeters in size and about to enter the car window.
The camera has auto focused on objects further out like the side view mirror and the goats, this makes objects extremely close look out of focus. Notice the bottom weather stripping on the door where the window opens and closes... follow the line it gets more out of focus as it gets nearer to the camera.

Still the same Goat Sweat today despite the size of this thread.

If only that droplet had hit her on the cheek so she would have remembered it, we would not be discussing this today.
edit on 3-10-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

would a fluid droplet have a flat bottom?

i thought they tended to be round

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

It's about that distance from the camera, more like the distance from the camera lens to the side view mirror.

I need to talk you away from the goat sweat camp and into the sunglass reflection camp. Wanna join?

The UO is a reflection off the sunglasses registering as an anomaly in the photo. Notice the anomaly is ONLY in the pic where the lens is pointed towards the mirror.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The Archive on The Windguru website shows the wind at the nearest listed location (Phalasarna - about 2 miles West) was from NNE all day and around 22-26 knots. From the location reported, the photo appears to be taken approximately into the wind, again NNE and towards the direction of the headland around the bay to the East, which all seems to add up.

If the object was something blown by the wind, it therefore must have come out of the NNE and be coming towards the photographer and then proceeded to go pretty much overhead.

Also, if the object was blown, where did it come from? It appears unlikely it was from Crete as the headland to the NNE appears to be uninhabited. There are other islands to the NE, the nearest one being over 100 miles away and Athens is 200-250 miles to the North.

Just hoping to add some facts that could help this investigation.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join