It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aynock

not very in focus,

we need to work out how large the object is. previous post to this is on the right track .

16.5 km to the headland approx

that means the whitecaps in the middle are about 8km out

that should add some perspective albeit crude

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I like to think this is a bag also however, the direction it is "blowing" is not consistent with the wind direction on the goats fur??

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by aynock

not very in focus,

we need to work out how large the object is. previous post to this is on the right track .

16.5 km to the headland approx

that means the whitecaps in the middle are about 8km out

that should add some perspective albeit crude

i agree the key to establishing an identification is to know the size of the object - the only way i can see to guess at that is to decide how in focus it is and the only way to do that is to know what it is

i think the whitecaps are much closer to the near shore than the far shore - if they were 8km out you wouldn't be able to see them because they'd be so out of focus - remember the depth of field only extends to 1m from the camera

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Explanation: St*rred!

Yes ... now as I posted previously I used elevenaugust's sizing formula and data found on pg10 ...

Then, for the object to be 1m (39.37 inches) away from the camera, it will have a length of 0.02943m (1.16 inch);
if it's 100m away (328ft), then it will have a size of 2.943m (9.66ft), etc....

Therefor at 1km away to object would be 29.43m wide and at 8km away it would be 240m wide.

I think we can safely rule it, as something of such an enormous size, out of the equation ... until other witnessness come forward credibly detailing such things.

A plastic bag is within the 50cm range I defined as my guess at the balloon size and that would put it at the closer range of 15m to 20m away ... just slightly beyond the large rocks range of 5m to 10m away.

If its a 1m mylar party balloon then it can be further away at about 25m to 30m away and this is the range and size that I'm confidently betting upon.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps.

edit on 3-10-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

edit on 3-10-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to continue to fix spelling :shk:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

that looks about right to me - i'd say it was probably a mylar baloon based on shape, size and colour

maybe the photographer didn't see it because she's focused on her camera viewfinder and the driver didn't because they were focused on the road - it may have come from behind the rock meaning it was only in view a couple of seconds before the photo was taken
edit on 3-10-2012 by aynock because: additions

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Except if the object is at 2o to 30 meters we could blow up it without losing so much integrity.

I thought it looked about 1km away being 30 feet in diameter, you math has proved that

Given the pixelation of the object being enlarged I can not see it being close to the camera

Edit; this would make it 10 meters wide at about 300 meters. My mistake
edit on 3-10-2012 by magma because: feet and meter conversion in head issues

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Except if the object is at 2o to 30 meters we could blow up it without losing so much integrity.

can that be done with a boulder 20-30m away?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Explanation: Uhmmm???

At 1km it would be 30meters wide [100ft] and should possibly be casting a visible shadow onto the ocean.

Again there are no other witnesses claiming anything of such size at such a range.

Personal Disclosure: I wanted it to be a jellyfish flying a sea foam uso bubble ... feel how I feel about this mylar-ky

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Given where the sun is positioned the shadow should be behind the outcrop out of the picture.

As far as witnesses - can not comment

Your balloon should be casting a shadow somewhere too where is it?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aynock

can that be done with a boulder 20-30m away?

Try it with a 1meter block of the outcrop

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Went to "UFO case book" yo try and find a pic I remembered that looks a bit like " thread pic"

what do ya'all think?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

have done - it doesn't look quite as sharp as the object to me (sugesting that the object may be a bit closer) but in a similar focal range

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Where's the possible mylar balloons shadow?

In a similar position as you detail ... behind the rock. :shk:

Note how steeply the land drops away.

Anywhere in the red zone generally and anywhere in the green zone specifically, neither of which are within view.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Cliffs in focus .... check

Goat's head in focus .... check

50 foot blue shopping bag in focus ....

WRONG! The only stuff completely in focus is the car and objects in the foreground. The cliffs are completely out of focus if you look at them at magnification which shows pixels.

I think it is either a bag or a mylar balloon. The color hues and shape make me think "bag". The specular highlight and explanation of "reflections" suggests mylar balloon.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

can't deny that nice work

if the object is that close and that diameter

i believe the only way to prove it once and for all is to reproduce the photo using a similar camera

test the mylar at 30m and what we should have is a photo very very close.

if not then test further out until the photo is reproduced

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: I am now 99.999% certain it is a mylar party balloon.

Here is why ...

1stly the best picture so far came from pg2 by RoScoLaz ...

The above gif shows it is highly reflective.

elevenaugust's (11aug) analysis on pg33 concurs with that ...

SkepticOverlord (SO) posted on pg4 and pg29 and pg34 with a lot of evidence pointing towards it being a mylar party balloon.

SO, 11aug and phage also all confirm the exif data is credible.

SO on pg4

11aug on pg12

phage on pg1

I then followed up on all of that starting with 11aug information on sizing stuff found on pg10 ...

And after some rough guestimates [assuming some fisheye type distortions] as to size and range I went ahead and found the reflection [by flipping horizonatlly] on the assumed mylar ballon to be, ahem, reflected
in the same landscape on Google Earth App and I detail that on pg38 ...

SO was correct its a festival show mylar balloon about 50cm to 1m in diameter and about 30m to 50m away flying some 30m to 40m above sea level on the wind at a mighty speed of 8m/s [which easily carries it out of sight in seconds].

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps!

Good work. I think this works. Do you have any candidates for the exact balloon?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
none of the bird traces are what I meant so I finally did one.

In addition you can see the scene itself has too much blue and the white balance algorithm on auto could very easily have changed the coloration. If I recall correctly Canon uses a zone metering system which also will tweek the WB. I could be wrong on this though.

Here is the bird I see:

Regardless anyone who has looked into how digital imaging works knows colors do weird things and are difficult to get right so here is no color reference to compare for the bird in PS I did "Auto contrast" and "Remove Color":

Please compare this to all the Gull pics already posted...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Do you have any candidates for the exact balloon?

How about one that looks like this? I'm still looking for more.

Mach RC Airship 36" Mylar Silver Saucer UFO Balloon

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Picture looks real good BUT...My curiosity got me when I looked at her camera. IF she is a well renouned photographer, what is she doing using a cheap camera ? Of all the photographers that I know, and I know quite a few, none have a cheap camera as hers. Plus...Look at the dried out water spots on the mirror, then look at all the sand on the road. Couldn't one single chrystalized sand particle reflect the sunlight in such a fation ? Specially that the cheap camera is so close to the mirror and that the object itself is level with the vcamera and not the horrizon.

Don't get me wrong here, it quite the photo but remember that even if she has provided all the pictures from her camera, the before and after shots, know that NONE are of the exact same angle and this UNIQUE photo. Plus always remember that on the passenger side of a car, "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" so that may play in the equasion of the distance of the object.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Yes I do ...

I think its probably is simple cheap silver heart shaped mylar balloon 18inches [45cm] in diameter.

Silver Heart Ballon [chicoparty.com]

Silver Heart Balloon
•18" Diameter silver heart mylar
•Requires Helium to Float
•Self Sealing and Refillable

18" foli silver heart balloon [thepartypeople.com.au]

When inflated, these foil balloons measure 46 cm (wide) x 45 cm (high) and will cost $10.00 each (not including delivery).

These balloons have a self sealing valve and are ready for helium filling. Foil balloons require a foil nozzle to inflate, they need to be inflated with helium. To have this item inflated you will need to take it to a local business that inflates helium balloons such as a florist or party shop.

I think we are seeing a side on profile with the semi droopy pointy bit of the heart pointing to the rightside of the original jpg provided in the OP.

I also agree with SO that its probably deflated slightly. and the string for the balloon seems to hang from the bottom pointy bit of the heart.

Personal Disclosure: I h♥pe that helps!

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join