It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

If the object was close enough to be seen so clearly that we can liken it to a mylar balloon, wouldn't the photographer have noticed the behavior of its flight and come to the same conclusion? Additionally, such a balloon would surely have been in the vicinity long enough to manage more than one shot.

Or at least, it would have been in more than one photo, unless she conveniently only took one photo of that area or that was the last photo she took. Still, that she never noticed it implies it wasn't exactly a balloon. It's hard to NOT notice a shiny floating object bouncing around in the wind at that range - so it was there and gone. Does that sound like a balloon to you?

If she didn't see it, it was gone in seconds. I mean, SECONDS. Like a couple moments. Does that sound like a wind-powered balloon to you? Balloons usually fight the wind, due to their rounded nature and the buoyancy that opts for vertical ascent rather than sideways strafing. So what's the chances it went that fast?
edit on 3-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
nevermind, didn't see my other post made it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If the object was close enough to be seen so clearly that we can liken it to a mylar balloon, wouldn't the photographer have noticed the behavior of its flight and come to the same conclusion? Additionally, such a balloon would surely have been in the vicinity long enough to manage more than one shot.

Or at least, it would have been in more than one photo, unless she conveniently only took one photo of that area or that was the last photo she took. Still, that she never noticed it implies it wasn't exactly a balloon. It's hard to NOT notice a shiny floating object bouncing around in the wind at that range - so it was there and gone. Does that sound like a balloon to you?

If she didn't see it, it was gone in seconds. I mean, SECONDS. Like a couple moments. Does that sound like a wind-powered balloon to you? Balloons usually fight the wind, due to their rounded nature and the buoyancy that opts for vertical ascent rather than sideways strafing. So what's the chances it went that fast?

if the photographer is looking at a specific part of the viewing screen (i.e. her face, bottom left) she may not notice the object - the driver would be looking at the road mainly - if the object came from left to right (as the hair on the goats suggests the wind was doing) it could go from behind the rock to behind the (traveling) car very quickly

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
For the "balloon/bag/bird" people:

Where is the balloon at this wide shot taken 30 seconds before the UO?

Where is the balloon/bag/bird, etc 5 seconds before the UO?

If indeed your contention is that it's a balloon/bag/bird, then it would be in front of the mound. Otherwise you have a size problem. So where is any hint of that?

If this is your answer, then we're talking about a bag/bird/balloon, in the most mind blowing trajectory and speed ever seen in bag/bird/or deflated mylar balloon flight in a remote area.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Explanation: I have some interesting mylar balloons for us to check out.

Halfway down this link Mylar Balloons [specialbuysinc.com]

Grey Alien 5 Mylar Balloon [cafepress.com]

A mysterious grey alien. Do you believe in aliens? The truth is out there! Great for all alien fans.

More alien balloons

Oops ... how'd that get in there!

Personal Disclosure: I can dream can't I

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
For the "balloon/bag/bird" people:

Where is the balloon/bag/bird, etc 5 seconds before the UO?

5 seconds is long time when you come to think of it. Ofcourse, depending on this distance of the object, i think 5 seconds is more then enough time for the bag to blow in and out of frame.

Have you never had the wind blow a leaf into your face, you then squint and brush it away, to open your eyes and see no evidence of said leaf?

Who knows how eradict the wind could have blown a very light object.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by aynock

Sure, but we generally notice things that cause an abrupt stimulus, like a flash of light. That's why bright objects were used for signals, because we easily notice things like that. Are you saying that something bobbing and winking in the sun where usually there's only birds wouldn't catch your eye? It would catch the corner of your eye, wouldn't it?

Maybe that's just me. I like shiny things.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Probably not. Her attention is focused on the viewfinder on her camera, trying to "frame" the shot.

The same problem exists for anything else - unless of course, the "object" was added to the photo later, which is still a possibility.

I should say that we get lots of images submitted to us containing images of birds or "bug blurs" and the photographer never notices the bird or bug flying when they take a photo. It is because they never saw the bird or bug that they figure the object must have been an "invisible UFO". (LOL - If its invisible, how does the camera record the visible light frequencies?)

We also got one photo showing a very clear, in focus "sphere" UFO in the sky over a bunch of people on the beach. The person never saw it when they took the photo. It turned out the "sphere" was a rubber ball someone was lobbing up in the air above them.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

5 seconds, for that field of view? And her and her husband not see it? That I have a real issue with. 30 seconds out, I can excuse to a point, but we're talking about a less than aerodynamic thing tumbling and blowing erratically and likely tumbling around. Nothing? Not a hint? Does anyone find that really convenient as an out?

I'm sorry, but spending many hours on this thing since the date I got it, til it ended here - I'm not seeing that.

And one thing to make mention of, if anyone thinks I want to make this out to be more than it is? Most of my time here on ATS being asked by the owners to look at anomalous photos an video? 99.9% have been fakes, which I've had to provide an over abundance of information proving conclusively the fake, before the "I want this to be real" crowd would accept the answer - all while being berated by members much like here. It's a thankless task, and often one that is intellectually insulting.

I don't care for ones I can't figure out. I don't get paid and I don't get compensated for what I do, no matter the outcome. I like resolution. I don't have one for this. That's not the end for me, I'll end up going back over it again and again as time permits.

edit on 3-10-2012 by jritzmann because: misspell

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: I have some interesting mylar balloons for us to check out.

(Note: Just to be clear, this is NOT a mylar balloon.)

A family of "tall white" aliens was taking their daughter on a walk along this deserted peninsula. It was the girl's birthday, so they thought she might like to see the goats. They had given her a mylar balloon as a birthday present.

Suddenly, they hear a sound. "Car!" yells the mother. The dad hits the "invisibility field" button on his belt. The little girl releases her balloon in fright.

So it WAS aliens!

edit on 3-10-2012 by bluestreak53 because: substitute green alien balloon

edit on 3-10-2012 by bluestreak53 because: comment on balloon

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

I in know way want to detract from the effort you put in and i am sure i speak for many of us here that we are appreciative of your efforts.

All i am suggesting is that we not dismiss the potential of the bag theory

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Explanation: Uhmmm?

1stly mylar balloons come in RC varietys ...

RC Flying Saucers [rcvehicles.about.com]

Radio Controlled Flying Saucers and UFOs Out-of-this-World RC Flying Objects [about.pricegrabber.com]

So the Balloon may have been under direct control and therefor if this was the case it's not hard to hide.

As for the 2nd picture your post is displaying ... I don't think anybody on ATS has seen this picture before as it wasn't posted in the OP by Springer.

Please explain that?

Personal Disclosure: The Balloon could as I showed be way below eyesight by some 20m and travelling at 8m/second means it would cover 40m in 5s plus the photographer is confined to a moving vehicle which has its own blindspots etc. along with the natural blindspots afforded by the environment I see no problems accepting the witnesses back story at face value and that is they saw nothing. That doesn't mean nothing was captured digitally. I hope that helps.

edit on 3-10-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

edit on 3-10-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add missing info to a link.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I believe you are getting closer. The anomaly is reflecting something, which I believe is the scene from the Shooter's sunglasses. The anomaly is a lens reflection from the sunglasses.

I gave up the ring reflection theory, it just isn't in the proper place to reflect that anomaly.

However, I did bisect the complete picture with lines to find the focal point of the picture, then bisected an area from the center of the camera lens reflection in the side view mirror. The anomaly appears in the upper left quadrant on a 79.2 deg angle from center. The corresponding angle in upper left quadrant of the reflected camera image points directly to a sunlit section on the Shooter's sunglasses. The same 79.2 deg angle. Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
dbl post.
edit on 10/3/12 by Druid42 because: dbl

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That just my tinfoil hat it got blown off my head during a very windy day.i was wondering where it ended up.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Explanation: St*rred!

I did see that BUT pls consider the following .. her nose, if reflected, doesn't appear to have any visible nostrels and to be that close and small a say piece of silvery chocky bar wrapping it would mean the camera was on very wide angle setting and the EXIF data doesn't show that to be the case at all.

Brilliant eyesight and guesswork though!

Personal Disclosure: I still have even more possiblities of what is reflected and or by what etc. over several ranges and I have just run with the most credible for now.

edit on 3-10-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add extra text for clarity.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Again, now we're going into remote controlled balloons? Who's running that in this situation? To what end? And again, from the report, it was blustery. *Anything* debris wise flipping about int he air is going to be in tumble. This object doesn't appear to be that way whatsoever.

As to why Springer didn't post the 5 second before shot, I've no idea. It wasn't in my report is probably why, but it was mentioned - I was under the impression they would give any tandem shots for review in relation to the report. It's all goes to the same point. 5 secs before there's no bird, balloon or bag and no sign of anything whatsoever even in wide angle shots. Then there is.

I've said about all I know to say, both in the report and here, so I'm going to bow out and take some time away from this, it's been a bit over a month for me. I got a lot of stuff to get done. For me it remains unknown and my report stands.as my current thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Jeff

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Keep this in mind while you deliberate. If you continue to strive for an answer to avoid coming to a conclusion you find distasteful, do not be surprised should you find the answer is unsatisfactory.

With that said, if the "UFO" (since we have not identified it) is a reflection, why would such a reflection show the light and shadows pattern, respective of the sun's position, exactly as the rest of the picture does, when the rest of the picture is NOT a reflection?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

thanks for the analysis - much appreciated

my argument is not that it is definitely a balloon, rather it is something of a similar size based on the level of detail in the object - if it were a bigger object farther away it would be much more out of focus, given the depth of field only extends to 1m

this is just an impression - to be sure i'd need to see a series of pics of objects at different distances shot with the same model camera, using the same aperture and focus distance

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

We are dealing with a reflection from the side view mirror, and at the same time, a reflection from the sunglass lens. Too many dynamics going on at once. The mirror is angled slightly, not parallel to the camera lens, and the sunglasses are on a parabolic curve. Anyone care to work out the dynamics of a triple reflected image?

I thinking the scene reflected in sunglasses has been reflected onto the lens.

I think that is where we'll find the explanation.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join