It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The image made it to youtube.
An extra place for comments if you wish.

UFO photographed over Crete, Greece 8-2012

Published on Oct 1, 2012 by thetruthproject2012 LINKS & STORY BELOW" On August 19 of this year (2012) my husband and I were driving towards a very beautiful beach called Balos beach, Gramvousa in Crete where we were on a holiday break. We were driving on a long dirt road to get to the beach and because of all the holes and humps in the road we're driving really slow. At some point during this half hour drive a hurt of goats were on the road, sort of walking with us so I started taking pictures of the situation. I took some shots leaning out of my opened window and shot the pictures with my reflection in the mirror, the goats walking with us and the spectacular view. At some point I got out of the car and took some more shots. One and a half hour later, when we finally arrived on the beach after a long climb down hill it was very, very windy, almost stormy so we decided to hide in one of the beach-cafeteria's and we scrolled through the shots on our camera to see what I photographed. This is when we first noticed there was something in the sky on just one of the shots I took. We zoomed in on our camera screen and could not believe what we saw, such a strange shape. We immediately started discussing possibilities to define what it could be, but had no idea. We didn't notice anything was in the sky when I took the shot. We didn't experience anything strange. It was a warm, sunny day, but there was a strong wind out of the Northeast. There was no sound."

An interesting case.

The image looks like those published in the late 1950s so we get a reuse or
the same ships are around. The upside bowl shape does not fit the the
Rex Heflin flat disk ship or clam shell found on a Mexico video.
Unless you see more of a bowl shape on the any Mexico videos.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
are there really some of you out there who DON"T think its possible the military at least has UFO style DRONES at this point in 2012?

Possible? Sure.

Flying around over Crete and no one notices them? No.

There's no reason for the US military to be flying experimental drones around Crete.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Use "VerifEyed" technology to be less helpless.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

This is why I say to actually read the initial writeup. The object is not lopsided. The "dent" in the top right upper side you are seeing in the original image, is a product of glare/specular highlight, typical with an object reflecting it surroundings. (i.e. sky)

The small angles on each left and right edge are readily apparent.

No one need take my word for it, read the report and drop it in PS3 and do it for yourself. Ok?

I'm off, lots to do. Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think it may be a goat bell and strap/collar that has been tossed in the air by someone off camera.

The "ufo" is on the left. It has been rotated 90 degrees.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
I think it may be a goat bell and strap/collar that has been tossed in the air by someone off camera.

i'm hoping there's a healthy dose of sarcasm in that comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Might be, might be...

But the plastic bag theory seems a bit more plausible to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is a brilliantly mad and creative thread. Goat sweat!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
Use "VerifEyed" technology to be less helpless.

Somewhere in the original report it is mentioned that a special 'tool' was used to analyse the picture, one that is not easily available and is used by police for instance to verify digital pictures. You could be talking about the same thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

I don't really see any symmetry there but you seem to have used an interpolating zooming algorithm (bicubic? bilinear?) on the blow up as individual pixels are not readily apparent as they should be with that level of resizing. This makes any "filters" applied of little value.

The region around the object as well as the object itself display a very narrow range of brightness. This makes it possible to perform narrow histogram adjustment. This adjustment (of the image provided in the OP) based on brightness and a simple pixel resize shows no symmetry but it does clearly show the effects of JPEG compression. Any symmetry would appear to be the result of pareidolia.

edit on 10/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

I was asking if the diamond ring could have reflected off the side view mirror and caused it.

To me the object doesn't look like any real world solid object, it looks more like a camera artifact, or a reflection. I was looking for shiny objects in the photo that were reflecting light and the diamond ring looked like the best culprit. I'm not convinced that is what happened, but was asking if anyone with more experience than me thought it was possible.

If it's a bird, plastic bag, camera anomaly, reflection, goat sweat
, or advanced space craft breaking the dimensional barrier we will never be able to prove it. I feel this ones going to remain unidentified.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Couldn't resist

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
35 pages and i cant believe no one solved the riddle...

The curiosity rover pissed them off, look out for silver haired men in 70's catsuits and wedge heels
edit on 2-10-2012 by kountzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kountzero

That's not it. The object in Crete has symmetry, like the letter (R].

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kavaron
What a load of crap again. Why only 1 picture, why no video? Today's cameras have excellent video capacities. If I saw something like this I would shoot 100 pics and record videos for as long as it stayed there.

Guys sorry to disappoint you but there are no aliens visiting the earth. Maybe they came thousands of years ago and they might come again in the future but for now... enjoy these crappy photos.

You need to read the ENTIRE OP, and the subsequent report, before chiming in, IMHO. If you had, you'd know that the shooter had no idea that the object was in her line of site or even in the sky. She probably would have taken additional pics had whatever it was caught her attention - and appeared as intriguing to her as it does to us. Her goal was to pull over and snap a pick of the goats. And, while I don't know this for sure, she noticed herself in the side mirror and decided to include herself in the piic so she would have a lasting memory of her experience.

And your statement on aliens. Two things - #1, prove it, and #2, again - the OP and subsequent report DO NOT suggest an alien spaceship. They provide analysis on what they think it is NOT. Read the OP. You'll see the object is referred to as UO, not UFO.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

/
On the left you can clearly see a beak and eye exactly where they should be. the arc is the lucky angle of the wings which you can clearly make out a left and right wing with the left wing being closest, you can even make out the individual feathers at the end of the left wing as well as the gap in the arc of the right wing behind it. On the right you can see the tail and make out the feet tucked under the tail.
/

Looks like I may be wrong also since I saw the gull flying to the right -- guess that shows some symmetry after all (tossing a bone Ritzmann's way). But I see your bird alright, flying to the left. In this aspect, it seems rather short and fat to be a gull, but again angles and foreshortening can be deceptive.

Hmnn. This is like that photo of Rubin's vase (a vase, or two faces looking at each other). A mild form of ambiguity. Maybe it's because I'm right-handed, are you by chance left-handed? Another poster suggested it might be a 'blue tit'.

edit on 2-10-2012 by gguyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been done yet, but can anyone post a somewhat clear picture of her ring ? For comparison.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Originally posted by Phage
The "photographer did not see the object while taking the picture" always raises a flag for me.

I feel the same way, and I'm not sure if it's an object really in the air.
There's a ray of sunlight shining in the window that crosses over the ring on her finger. Is it possible the object is light reflecting off the ring and side view mirror?

Only the reflection on the ring is off to the left. The reflection of the light on the UO is closer to the top of the object and farther right. Are you suggesting perhaps a "mirror" image?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

This is why I say to actually read the initial writeup.

I have read the original writeup (multiple times), been sent and have used the same image data as you and have been using graphic programs for over a decade and there is no way I would be as adamant as you are about the object having symmetry when the evidence shows different and there is NO WAY to be 100% sure unless you KNOW the true shape of this object.

What you call a 'dent' is in my opinion what it appears to be.....sky where there is no object and not a product of glare/specular highlight.

The sharpening of the shape behaves in the same way many have before when I have done this, the shape becomes more clarified.

A sphere sitting above centre in a slightly flattened torus with an additional left hand appendage seemingly joining the torus and top of the sphere. The small 'dot' just left of the main sphere could be a hole revealing sky.

Here it is if you missed it:

Originally posted by nerbot

Poo poo my use of photoshop if you like but my eye for detail is superb. The fact you never even mention the details I did in my post a few pages ago like the smaller domes and their surrounds shows an unwillingness to persue this research any further than your own endpoint.

I still think your work is commendable but don't blow it all at this stage of the game by ignoring possibilities out of stubbornness.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I usually don't touch the UFO topics too much but this one caught my attention for two reasons.
One it was front page news and two was the photo and write up with some very impressive investigation work.

For that alone I S&F this thread.

I have been following this through two days now and figured it was time for my opinion on the topic.
Do I know what this thing is?.....of-course not!
Have I ever seen anything like it?...of-course not!
Do I know about Photo shop or any other program that could possibly be used to create this photograph?
No I am very ignorant on that front......

A couple of posts caught my eye and this is just from memory,

The first one stated that this does not look real, someone replied that how would you know?
There are no real things to compare it too?

The second post was of the nature that this object has a plasma shield or whatever,
and it is of this world.
That makes a lot of sense too, I was thinking of the black budgets there in the US and probably world wide.

The ring on the "Shooters" finger made some logical sense to me as well, somebody requested a close up of the diamond.

I have yet to see a photo enhancement of it but then I may have missed that bit...

Another one was why was she holding the camera like an amateur with fingers all over the place when these cameras have stability control built in?

Well if you read the op she states that the road was pot holed and rough and rocky, take a peek at the ground by the goats feet........see the rocks.

Now being a professional photographer do you think she is going to drop her camera?
You just don't lean out a car window on an unknown road with pot holes and rocks and goats and high winds and you have never been there before.

I don't care if it is a $500.00 camera or a $5000.00 one you just don't do that you hang on to that sucker in unknown terrain.

Those are the posts that caught my attention over the past two days.

I have no idea of what that photo is of but I can say without a doubt I have never seen anything like it.
Regards, Iwinder

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join